Getting away for a while

Ryan Porter

OOC First Name
Laura
Wand
better than yours
The night was dark and the streets were empty. The pub was empty apart from a few guys scattered around the room. One of these guys was Ryan, sat at the bar with a firewhiskey in front of him half empty. He sat quietly, enjoying his time away from everything back home. He had been having a stressful week so far and he just wanted to have the night off away from it all and he had come to England as he knew the place ere well as he had gone here a lot in his school days. He liked this pub and it had good drinks and service, it also had the staff that had the sense not to ask to many questions, unlike other places he knew back home. Ryan picked up his drink and sipped it as he enjoyed the feel of it burning down his chest

Rais was wanting to be alone today and just have sometime to himself, so he walked into a pub to have a decent time. Rais wasn't all that much of a drinker, he just enjoyed the atmosphere of pubs, since there were girls to talk to, play pool, really just have a good time, away from all the stress at Hogwarts. Rais walked up to the counter, sat on the bench and asked the bartender to get him a drink. He noticed that the guy beside him was sipping his drink slowly and noticed that he wasn't really have a good day. Rais turned to him and said, "A rough night are you having?" Rais then got the drink that the Bartender gave him, took a sip of it. "So, what's going on?" said Rais.

Ryan sipped his drink quietly when someone spoke to him. Looking up atomaticly he saw a guy, older than him standing next to him. Usually Ryan would have ignored him and continued with his drink or he would have told him to shut up and mind his own business, but tonight was his night to unwind so talking to someone would make him feel better. Maybe. " Ah not much just work and sisters." He said with a fake laugh although having done so many they sounded perfect, god for when he didnt want to offend someone, well not yet anyway. "Why do you ask?" He asked curiously as he sipped his drink

As the guy kept sipping on his drink, he said that just work and sisters. "Ah, cool, cool." said Rais. Rais took a few more sips of his drink and turned his head towards the guy. "Well, I've got no reason to ask, it's just I see some trouble on your face, meaning you haven't had the best of time so far." Rais with a smile. Rais sensed a lot of power around the guy, she he knew that the guy was pretty powerful, just like himself. "So, what is your occupation?" said Rais.

Ryan sipped his drink as he listened to the guy speak. He was about to answer when he asked about his job. His guard shot strait up as it always did when asked that question. " Your right, you dont have a reason to ask so best not to." He said knowing he was being rude but he didnt actually care now. He had to think of something that was normal about jobs and easy to forget. "I work in an office, just pushing around papers." He said as he thought about the most normal thing to say about a job. "What about you." Ryan asked as he carried on the conversation. "And for the record im fine. Nothing is bothering me." He said only half telling the truth but that was more than good enough for this stranger.

Rais wasn't too fond of his attitude, but he was use to it since he had met many people in his past like this person. "Alright, no worries. I'm not trying to bother you or anything." said Rais. Rais had a feeling that for some reason, this guy was lying to him about his job, everyone would use an excuse hide what they really do from stranger. Rais the looked closely at his arm and noticed somewhat of a dark mark, about half of it was visible and half was covered underneath. Rais noticed that symbol from somewhere, and he remembered that it was the dark lords mark. "So I'm guessing your not a Death Eater huh? You arm tells me something else." said Rais while sipping on his drink. "I'm a Professor." said Rais with a smile. "You don't have to lie to me, I'm more than capable of figuring things out easily." said Rais.

Ryan looked at the guy when he mentioned death eaters. He frowned and covered his arm up. "None of your business stop poking your nose where it doesnt belong. It doesnt mean im a death eater." He said coldly as he sipped his drink. "A professor huh what kind?" He said as he tried to take the lime light of him, he wasnt in the mood to talk about his own job and he didnt want it common knowledge especially not to a school professor. Ryan pushed his drink aside, not wanting to drink too much anymore as he wasnt in the mood now.

Rais wasn't surprised at the guy pulling up his arm really fast. "Trust me, either you are a death eater or a death eater in training. I'm very familiar with who you are and what you do." Rais took a small pause and said, "So don't try to give me bs." Rais then took a sip of his drink. "Well, I'm sure your familiar with Hogwarts?" said Rais. Rais was in the mood for a duel, but he didn't want to say anything right now since he was having a good enough conversation so far with the guy. "What's your name by the way?" said Rais.

Ryan decided not to say anything more on the death eater subject. He couldnt be bothered. "Yeah i went to Hogwarts Scotland. Which Hogwarts is it you work in?" He asked curiously. This guy wasnt in his school the he had gone to Scotland so maybe he was new or went to a different school.Ryan wasnt sure nor was he all too bothered about what he had to say. He wondered if he should give his real name or perhaps his middle name which he usually did. "My name is Connor, well thats what a lot of people call me so you can join the group. Its just a nick name. What about yours then?" He asked as he put his jacket on so that there was no way that anyone would see the tattoo on his arm. It was strange how he saw it though as it was near his shoulder.

"Yes, I teach at Hogwarts New Zealand. I'm a Flying Professor." said Rais finishing up his drink. "Nice to meet you Connor, my name is Rais." said Rais. Rais wondered if this guy was giving him his real name or he was giving Rais his fake name. Rais didn't bother too much with it because he wasn't too concerned with his name right now. Little did Connor know that there were a few abilities that Rais had which Connor didn't know about. "So, what are you up to these days?" said Rais.

Ryan nodded when he said about teaching at Hogwarts New Zealand. Would explain why he didnt know him, well that and the fact he could be new. Flying what a useless subject to teach. He thought to himself. "Havnt you more or less asked me that same question. My answer remains the same." He said as he thought back to what he had asked before. "What brings you to England then if you work in New Zealand, its a long way away to just be getting a drink." He said to Rais once again changing the subject off him. He liked to know who he was actually talking too before he talked

"I got kind of tired of just staying there, plus, I'm not even teaching this semester." said Rais rolling his eyes. Rais hated the fact that he would only teach flying to first year and only teaching for one semester out of a year. Rais was wanting to have an easy job, and this was an easy job, but he hated the fact of teaching only one semester. "It's a decent job, I just hate the fact that I get to teach only one semester out of a year." said Rais. Rais called the bartender and asked her for another drink. "So, I suppose you are from here?" said Rais.

Ryan listened to the guy silently. His job did sound easy to him. One lesson a week for one semester for one year and first years were the easiest to teach. Ryan could have done that job with ease. "Yeah sounds easy enough. At least its less work and more leisure time" He said begging in to sip his drink as he settled down a little bit. "I was born in Gloucestershire actually. I was raised in Manchester though, but i spent a lot of time at friends but yeah." He said giving a little bit of information on himself but keeping it basic as he didnt want to say too much. "Where are you from then?" He asked wanted the same information back as he had given out some to him.

"Yea, it's really easy job, teaching first years." said Rais. "There's a lot of leisure time, but then again, sometimes it can be boring to have leisure time doing nothing." said Rais sipping on his drink. Rais listened to Connor as he said that he was born and raised in Gloucestershire, then moved to Manchester and raised there. "I was born and raised in America, then moved to Ontario, then moved to New Zealand for the job." said Rais. Rais was surprised that that Connor was being a little open to him, seeing as Connor wasn't showing much interest when their conversation first started.

Ryan nodded slowly as he sipped his drink cautiously. He had never really spent too much time in America as he wasnt a bog fan of the place but he had been to some ok places there so he didnt hate the place either. "Cool well i havnt been to America or Canada much so i dont really have an opinion on the places." He said in a monotone before speaking again. "I used to be on the Slytherin Quidditch team back in school but the funny thing is i never used to like the flying lessons that much. They would bore me to death." He said putting on a fake chuckle before sipping his drink again

Rais wasn't surprised to hear from Connor that he hadn't been to America all that much. Rais knew that not everybody liked America or Canada, there are some places he even hates in America, but the places he lives at, those were the good spots of his life. "Well, for me, the best moments were shared between American and Canada, more than half being in Canada. My childhood was in American, and my teen years were in Canada, so it's evenly spread out." said Rais sipping on his drink. Rais wasn't all that surprised again when Connor said that he didn't like the flying lessons too much. "Well, it's only for first years during one semester only, so I suppose you have only have to put up with it for one semester. Didn't you feel any excitement when you were learning it though? I mean, learning to fly the first time?" said Rais.

Ryan listened as the guy began about his past. He was only half listening as he wasnt that bother. He hook his head when he started to speak about flying. Ryan had never been into the whole learning to fly thing. His parents used to teach him all of that before he even attended school so it was all old news for him. "Not really. My parents had shown me befor i had attended school and my parents didnt making learning fun." His parents had made things strict and intense when the taught him. It was what he was used to so school to him was a walk in the park. "I mean when does it really come in handy. If it was that important then they would teach it more than on semester for one year only." He shrugged as he sipped his drink

Rais could understand where Ryan was coming from, after all, Rais witnessed his nephew Hamza learning things before he went to school, although some were the hard way, but most were through the way that made learning fun and that reflected on Hamza's attitude. "I can understand your situation. My nephew Hamza was in the same situation, but a little different from yours. His parent's made learning fun." said Rais. "Well, flying is one of the easiest things to learn, and learning it from a Professional has it's advantages." said Rais with a smile.

Ryan nodded. He didnt have any family so he couldnt relate, well his only family lived in America and he had to spend a holiday or two there but he had gotten bored of the disgusting Auror infested sh!t hole, and their goody two shoes son. He was too good for them, he deserved more. That was why he moved in with his best friend then moved to New Zealand the second he left school. "Yeah well my parent’s didnt believe in fun and for good reason. The real world is never fun, it harsh and bloody. Only the best survive and thanks to them im surviving perfectly." He said as he thought back to the training that had been forced up on him by his parents, he respected them even now they were locked up. It just showed that he was stronger than his own parents and it meant he could grow strong and become the head death eater and be feared every where. He would be respected. "You have to be strong to get to where you want and if your not then your going no where." He said gravely

With the way Connor was talking and the words that were coming out of his mouth, Rais could understand where he was coming from, what he was put through and what not. "I somewhat agree with you on the real world never being fun. The real world CAN be fun if you change your surroundings, your attitude, your character." said Rais with a smile. Rais wasn't intending to suggest changes to Connor, but he was letting Connor know that there is another side to what he thinks. "Being the best doesn't have to come the hard way." Rais took a slight pause thinking and said, "Wait, scratch that, you DO have to work hard to be the best, but working hard doesn't mean hurting others in the process." said Rais sipping on his drink. "Anyone can be strong, but you have to have an intention made, have a positive attitude, and everything along the way gets easier, well, the way you look at it." said Rais.

Ryan shook his head. What he had been saying was the weak way of looking at it. He had seen people with that attitude end up in the ground because they were weak and had been killed. Ryan was not going to be like that and if anyone said any different then they would end up six feet under. He was the best and people would soon learn it if they doubted him. "Thats your opinion. Mine is set on stone and will not be compromised." He said looking at him with his dark stony eyes, a void of any emotions as they always were. Ryan was cold and feelings such as love and happiness were alien to him and they would never be coming to him. "Why did you become a Professor then? Why not a shop keeper or in the....minstry." He said te last word with disgust. He hated the ministry and would happily burn it to the ground.

When Connor gave Rais a stony look from his his eyes, Rais got the feeling that what Connor believed was set into his heart like a permanent stamp. "I've got my opinions, you've got yours." said Rais giving Connor a serious look. Rais knew what Connor had been through from what he heard from him. "You have your rights to express your opinion, and you having your opinions set on stone is your decision." said Rais. Rais could sense around Connor that he had no good feelings such as love, happiness, nor any emotions, but Rais wasn't all that surprised, seeing as Connor was a death eater after all. Rais wanted to see how powerful Connor was by having a duel with him, but that would be more later on. "Well, I'm going to be keeping in touch with other death eaters, ones that are inside hogwarts and, although I'm not a death eater myself, at least not yet, but will soon be." said Rais. That wasn't the main reason why he was at Hogwarts though. "Main reason why I'm at Hogwarts is because my sister teaches there, so I wanted to be more closer to her." said Rais sipping on his drink. To Rais, family was more important before anything. "An being a Shop keeper bores me." said Rais with a chuckle.

Ryan ignored his first comments. He knew he would probably end up getting annoyed with him if he had actually listened to the cr@p that he was coming out with. Ryan had no need for family any more. "Well thats a valid reason and yeah i guess being a shop keeper is boring but at least you do something more then teach snot nosed little kids a few lessons a year in a lesson that they wont even need." Ryan took a quick look at his watch before standing up. It was nearly sun rise and Ryan had to go into th forest to check on his Canine girl. "Well Raise Great meeting you but i have places to go and people to see. Maybe i will see you again, or maybe not." Ryan said as he walked out of the bar and headed towards the forest where Belle should be phasing back to her human form. He hoped she was ok but if not then it wouldnt be too much of a loss to him. The trees were not that far away from the pub where he had ust been but he didnt care the forest was vast and he knew where he was going

(oh sorry wrong character)

((OOC: That's ok. :) Connor just left? lol What do we do from here? xD ))

Rais listened as Connor went on to talk that the lessons to teaching the first years is stupid. "I really don't care who I'm teaching honestly. I'm just going to teach the lessons and be over with it. Plus, a job can't get easier than just working a semester teaching and then the second semester being off." said Rais. Rais was starting to get a little irritated at Connor's reactions, although Rais did expect them, seeing as he is cold hearted after all. He then took a sip of his drink and saw that Connor got up ready to leave. "Pleasure meeting you as well Connor. We will see each other again." said Rais. As soon as Connor walked out of the pub, Rais put his jacket on and started to follow Connor to where ever he was going. Rais found Connor to be quite interesting, so he wanted to find out more about him. As Connor went into the forest, Rais with good amount of distance kept up with Connor.

Ryan walked into the dark forest. He was fully aware of the Professor stalking behind him. Ryan was waiting to get into the cover of darkness before confronting him. His wand was in his back pocket, covered by his shirt. "You know when i said bye it meant i didnt want you to follow me. I dont like the idea of having my own personal stalker. Especially as there is a werewolf roaming around here." Ryan spoke loudly as he turned around to face him. he wasnt in the mood for this, he had a girl that he needed to check up on. Ryan paced slowly as his eye adjusted to the darkness, until they fell on the figure of the man he had been talking to in the pub a distance away from him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back