Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hello,

A Galleons Script has been enabled on HNZ!
This means a lot of different things, but it will take a period of time to transition in to the code. Please be patient as I update documentation, and work on moving Gringotts accounts on to this new system.

In the mean time the main change this will bring is sales: Roleplayers buying things from Shopkeepers should click the Transfer button and transfer the proper amount of credits to the shopkeeper.

Further updates will follow. Again, your patience is required.

In the mean time - I would like to thank slayer766 who wrote this code and is hosting (and its database) for us. ^_^

~Nick

Update 1: All Gringotts accounts have been transfered in to this system by Kaitlyn and myself. :)
Update 2: Site Documentation is up! http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7264416/

Spam just to see how much I have.

You know, I don't even think mine was calculated correctly when I bought school stuff. :erm:

I got loads of free st00f, but I still spent all my monies. xD

164! :cry:

The default amount upon registration will be 600 galleons.
Balances should be updated to match gringotts accounts over the next week.

I look forward to being thoroughly confused by this new system.

Sweet a new system. I hope it all works out for everyone.

I do have a question. How are wages calculated?

There is only so far up the chain transfers can go, and those at the top will not receive any wages.

For example one: Tony buys an item, and transfers some Galleons to the pretty girl in the shop. Does the shop keeper need to use their Galleons to pay their employees?

For example two: Asarella works for the ministry, who pay her wages. Who pays the wages of the person who pays the wages?

For example three: Felicia is a professor. Who pays her wages?, and the wages of the person paying the wages?

Looking at the previous system, there doesn't seem to be a circulation (Where a maximum number of Galleons in in circulation between all accounts at one time); so that would leave an option somewhere to add funds? Would that not lead to an over-flow of Galleons? (Which in the real world would make them worth-less).

Woo for over-analysis! :woot:

- - -

Also, please note that if you wish to transfer Galleons; and then decide to transfer an additional sum, you may need to re-load the page first; or make sure to only click transfer once for the second time[sup]1[/sup]. This will avoid multiple click thinking nothing happened, only to see you have nothing left later. :p

1: This may, or may not, have been due to browser load time. But the value never up-dated auto-matically after transferring a second sum with-out closing the little pop-up.

Wow and here I go posting just to see how much I have. It looked like an increable system though:D

Your welcome Nicolas. :) Glad to see everyone likes it.

It's good to see this being used, and I might make more features for you to tie in with Harry Potter environment soon.

It looks awesome! :D I hope this will make things much easier! :woot:

Thanks slayer and Nickles! :hug:

Tony Alraur said:
I do have a question.
Most of these questions or concerns will be addressed when an official documentation is released. Here is my first analysis:
For example one: Tony buys an item, and transfers some Galleons to the pretty girl in the shop. Does the shop keeper need to use their Galleons to pay their employees?
This will have to be explained when official documentation comes out for the system - I want to ease in to it. However, the transfer of galleons will be to the shopkeeper account. Shopkeepers will then do wages for their own employees at their own leisure. This will allow shopkeepers to have more of a competitive advantage when hiring employees, as wages will no longer be uniform - one shop could maybe pay 100 galleons every week while another may only do 20 every two weeks. :)
For example two: Asarella works for the ministry, who pay her wages. Who pays the wages of the person who pays the wages?
It has always been done such that ministry officials get galleons for 'wages' only when requested. This is out of character, but for good reason. Most ministry characters are secondary and do very little shopping.
For example three: Felicia is a professor. Who pays her wages?, and the wages of the person paying the wages?
The school. Likely a goblin every so often, though Livvy may take that on upon her return. Nobody need pay her boss' wages - as we can arbitrarily increase galleon values at any point.
Looking at the previous system, there doesn't seem to be a circulation (Where a maximum number of Galleons in in circulation between all accounts at one time); so that would leave an option somewhere to add funds? Would that not lead to an over-flow of Galleons? (Which in the real world would make them worth-less).
Funds are always added in to the system. Fortunately, on an RPG, we don't need to worry about inflation. ^_^
Also, please note that if you wish to transfer Galleons; and then decide to transfer an additional sum, you may need to re-load the page first; or make sure to only click transfer once for the second time[sup]1[/sup]. This will avoid multiple click thinking nothing happened, only to see you have nothing left later. :p

1: This may, or may not, have been due to browser load time. But the value never up-dated auto-matically after transferring a second sum with-out closing the little pop-up.
Yes. The way transfers occur seems to vary from browser to browser - but reloading the page after one transfer has taken place is always a safe bet. :)

Ok I have a question now. What about the shops that don't charge anything like the ice cream shop for example. Should we now start charging for the ice cream cone? And than it goes into the person items? How are we supposed to make money in order to pay our workers? I'm just wondering because I'm getting ready to hire a few students.

Thank You :D

Eden Koshiba said:
Ok I have a question now. What about the shops that don't charge anything like the ice cream shop for example. Should we now start charging for the ice cream cone? And than it goes into the person items? How are we supposed to make money in order to pay our workers? I'm just wondering because I'm getting ready to hire a few students.

Thank You :D
Again, we're getting in to a lot of specifics that, as I've said countless times, will be outlined in the documentation. ^_^
When HNZ started we said positions at places that do not charge do not get paid. That has since changed.
I suppose we could consider allowing things like icecream to be charged minimally for, so that the shopkeeper's income could rise for wages (though I still see those shops as having lower offering wages than say QQS or the apothecary). But things like "icecream cone" would not be added to the inventory. At all. :p

Ok thank you. I did not realize it was specific but not that I think about it. Ok never mind to early for my brain to work this much. It all makes sense. Runs away to RL cause I'm late for work as it is.

I was going to link to the account like you asked and I found this character doesn't have an account but he should. :r

Nicolas King said:
..But things like "icecream cone" would not be added to the inventory. At all. :p
Awww. But I really want to have an un-eaten ice-cream in my pocket for months. :(

Oh wow. We are futuristic now....

Just for you Tony I will talk to Nick about you being allowed to carry around a ice-cream cone in your pocket for months. You will have a whole bunch of ants as your new best friends. :r

Larissa Sedgwick said:
I look forward to being thoroughly confused by this new system.
I second that. :) :p
P.S. Not understanding the 'just posting to see how many I have' thing. Is this something that only special people know about?

Eden Koshiba said:
Just for you Tony I will talk to Nick about you being allowed to carry around a ice-cream cone in your pocket for months. You will have a whole bunch of ants as your new best friends. :r
:D :hug:
Jessame Rose said:
P.S. Not understanding the 'just posting to see how many I have' thing. Is this something that only special people know about?
Mine was sheer spam. Everyone else copied. :glare:

But do note I also edited my post.

I don't mind this new system at all.
Can't wait for the documentation, though. There's stuff that confuses me. (As things always do. Takes me ages to learn a new thing xD )

There are things I am wondering, such as "What's to stop people using minor accounts to transfer that character's money to a major character's and making them filthy rich so as to buy what they want, when they want?"
and
"The word 'Galleons' makes the little list off-center. It'd be better if it said 'Munny'" ^_^ (Not that you ought to take that seriously at all. But you gotta admit that it would be cute :wub: )

But otherwise...yay!

Deirdre Yearling said:
There are things I am wondering, such as "What's to stop people using minor accounts to transfer that character's money to a major character's and making them filthy rich so as to buy what they want, when they want?"
Nothing. The same issue existed with the old system, however. You could post in one account and transfer galleons form it to another. It happened, just not very often.
This will be a trust based system, no doubt, but I have asked Slayer to change starting galleons from 600 to 0, so an admin or a goblin must increase the balance before people can try to be sneaky in cheating systems. ;)

Wow. This is exciting!! Thanks for all the hard work that you are putting into this Nick and the mysterious Slayer. ;) Y'all are awesome! :D

All Gringotts accounts have been copied in to the system except for 70% of the Ravenclaw student accounts, which will be done by the loverly Kaitlyn sometime tomorrow maybe while I'm writing the doc. ^_^
The process didn't take as long as I thought it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back