OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
As you all have likely noticed, HNZ has been reorganized to some extent today. :) The main change is that all Hogwarts forums are now in a single category, split by floor according to parent forum and then it goes down in to subforums and so on from there. This time, the change was also accomplished with absolutely no offline time for HNZ, so that's a definite positive. :)

Why were these changes made? To put it simply, it was a lot of scrolling and a lot of newer members found the giant forum layout to be daunting. The forum index was very full and it was difficult to even consider adding new forums to HNZ (even if members requested them) with such a large forum layout. This makes things seem smaller.

These changes will certainly take some getting used to, but we've made them once before in the past and they were received with general enthusiasm. We had to reverse our changes in the past because of a set of ZetaBoards bugs which have now, for the most part, been resolved due to the recent ZetaBoards Update. Any outstanding bugs I am confident that I have worked around sufficiently that they should not be noticed by members.

All forums should still be found in their same locations with the following exceptions:
[ol][li]The Student Lounge has been moved from the Sixth or Fifth floor corridor (I forget which) to the Fourth floor corridor. This was for reason of a bug work-around. We can attribute the change, in character, to the magic of the castle.</LI>
<LI>[li]An Abandoned Classroom forum has been added to the second floor corridor. This, too, was in the efforts of a bug work around. :) [/li][/ol]

If you have specific concerns about the reorganization, please PM me.

This change will be beneficial to HNZ, though (as I've said) it will take some time to get used to for all of us.

Please note that over the next week the order of the subforums may be tweaked until things are just-right.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding,

~Nick

I like this SO much better. A lot less scrolling involved makes it an instant win to me. Good call :D

I'm glad the lack of extra scrolling is appreciated by somebody else other than me. :)
There are the obvious negatives, like you won't be able to see the last post in specific forums necessarily as easily anymore, but I think the benefits far out weigh the negatives - and so did the community the last time we gave this a go. (Which, as I mentioned, required like two hours of offline time for us to put up, then take down when the bugs were found. :doh: )

I came online and noticed everything changed. xD I was confused for a little bit.

Anyways, good updates. :) Although it is a little confusing and is gonna take me sometime to getting use to. xD

Oh, wow. That is so cool. Totally didn't notice, but it's nice. Also will make the whole 'using my cellphone to check my posts' thing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier :) Good job!

Professor Rais Hussain said:
I came online and noticed everything changed. xD I was confused for a little bit.

Me too ! I thought that it's just me and I had to P.M nick to check but then .. woah ! I love it! really .. :D

I will admit, when I noticed it I was like "Noooooooooooooooooo. Me no likey!" but within like 5 minutes, I was fine. xD

Great job Nick! You are amazing as always!

And woots for the abandoned classroom....too bad it wasn't around when Lily and Sumner were still in school :r

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back