Open Forest of Lions

The situation was devolving faster than Edward would have liked and he had to act quickly. He was reminded of how he got his Hogwarts letter and how his parents had tried to prevent him from attending. He had made some bold decisions then and he would have to make some bold decisions now if he was going to make the trouble of going into the forest truly worth it.

"Professor, not to be rude but students already come into the forest. Aspen already told us the Prefect's been in here loads of time. I appreciate what your trying to do but your not inviting Aspen as a guest to the castle properly" Edward said as he tried to appear as though he were going to stand his ground firmly.

Obviously the Professor or the Prefect could force him back to the castle if they wanted to but Edward didn't feel they were quite there yet and he had another idea. He turned towards Aspen now "I bet it would be uncofortable for you to leave the forest and visit us at our home, so perhaps you could invite us to see your home. I would very much like to see it and if you would allow the nice Professor to come he can see that your no more dangerous than having a Werewolf sleeping in the same room." Edward suggested as he looked back towards the Professor.

"Please Professor, let us step out of our safety net before we ask Aspen to do the same" Edward pleaded wondering how many Wizards had actually seen where a Centaur lived before.

Stanislaw shrugged at the centaur, not really wanting to converse anymore because clearly both the Prefect and the professor wanted them out of the Forbidden Forest. He felt ashamed. He had already entered a forest he wasn't allowed to go into once, and it left him with a permanent condition, so what was he thinking entering the Forbidden Forest without any supervision? He didn't meet the professor's eye when he spoke to him but instead looked back at the ground. His idea of having the centaur come to the school sounded intriguing, however.

Edward's werewolf comment made Stanislaw look up, suddenly as alert as ever. ''Perhaps we should not push our luck, Edward.'' the Gryffindor told his dormmate. ''We are already in trouble, I do not want to be in even more trouble,'' he added. He knew that it wouldn't help to argue with them not that Chrissy was also for having the centaur protect them whilst in the forest. He moved past Professor Kain and turned back to the group.

Aspen smiled as the girl introduced herself. "hello Chrissy" she said. glad to have made a couple more new friends.
Aspen let out a snort of indignation as the man said that taunting them with information would make them come back into the forests "wouldn't not telling them entice them out into the forest more. I may not be a twohoof but telling curious foals about something then not telling them would lead them to look for answers when you are not around. as they clearly are curious people" she said. however as he mentioned maybe she could come onto the grounds her whole expression lightened and she trotted around them a little bit in glee feeling like the young centaur she had been when she had first arrived at the school. "you really meant that I could do that? you would let me into the forbidden meadow. you don't know how many times i have stood at the edge of the trees looking out over the grass wishing i could be out there." she said thinking about all of the people she had watched growing up. it wasn't often that she missed having a tribe or having a family but when she watched the students there with their friends she realised how lonely it sometimes was on her own.
as the boy said that she had told them that the serpen tounge had been in the forest loads of times she could have kicked herself. "no I didnt mean that serpen tounge he has been into the forest just walked along the treeline a lot." she said but she was sure it sounded fake it even sounded fake to her ears. it was far too late.

as the boy mentioned a werewolf in his room she looked at him. "there is another wolfskin at the castle? sistermine has a wolfskin, but no longer lives at the castle, and dattermine mentioned another friend of hers ias one but i havent see n him for a while so maybe he has cone" she said. thinking what to say she knre willow was interested in following rowans path and wanted to make life easier for wolfskins. but as long as you arent sleeping in the same dor on a full moon having one with you is no risk. and if they need someone to help them at all, willow dattermine can help".[/B] she said.

Sister-mine: aspens sister (generally is referring to Briar Rowan cullen but could also be reffering to professor Ateara.
determine: could mean either aspens daughter (which she doesn't have) or daughter of aspens sister.
wolfskin: werewolf
serpentounge: parsletongue

Professor Kain looked between the three young Gryffindors, waiting for them to move, but none of them did and the Charms Professor received two rounds of back chat instead. “Christina, regardless of whether the centaur seems to mind, I mind, as do the rest of the prefects and professors that are trying to keep you safe,” The man looked to Edward who seemed intent on making this as difficult as possible. “We will not be going anywhere except back to your common room, and should I find out that you’ve snuck back out here again the consequences will be substantially more dire.” Perhaps they couldn’t understand their actions right now, and Professor Kain wasn’t usually one to get angry, but he would when there were lives on the line. It would certainly have been interesting to have a centaur visit the school but the professor was in no mood to be making promises, especially as it wasn’t his decision. At least one of the boys seemed to have the right idea as he began to move forward. The Charms Professor looked back up to the centaur, “I am not someone who is going to tell young students that it is appropriate to explore the forest, especially when they’re not accompanied by a member of staff. They will in time come to learn these things, in class, when they are older. They will just have to be satisfied with other things around the castle for the next two years, and you cannot tell me that is impossible,” it wasn’t a question but it was still directed at the students. He wasn’t sure if there were other wolves in the school at this point, but he had known of a few over the years. “Twenty points, will deducted from each of you. For breaking the rule of coming into the forest, and refusing to do as you are told by both a prefect and a professor. Do not make me double it,” he warned, looking directly at Edward.

Zennon really wanted to sink into a hole. Not only had the Centaur told these kids that he'd been in the forest before, but now the kids had mentioned it to the Professor and he had to force himself not to facepalm or react. "Bloody hell, should've taken the snakes to bloody Borely instead," he hissed in parseltongue, knowing that none with him spoke it. He knew of only one other Parseltongue in the whole school, and Kasim wasn't here at the moment. What did catch his attention though, was a name the Centaur mentioned. Willow. As in the Gryffindor he was supposed to be patrolling with? Interesting. He was going to have to check in with her on that at some point. "Y'all just lucky Aspen is one of the good ones," he hissed again, keeping his comments in Parseltongue so he couldn't get into trouble. They couldn't know what he was saying, so how were they going to go against him. It was daylight now and thought it would be for a while, he happened to know there were a number of creatures in there that even Aspen would not be able to fight against. Especially when weighed down by a bunch of first years. He nodded at Professor Kain. "Should I alert Professor Kingsley?"

"There's not actually a werewolf at the school" He tried to explained but Aspen seemed too excited by the prospect of coming to the school grounds that she probably didn't even get a chance to hear him.

He flinched as suddenly sixty points were taken from Gryffindor and that there was a real risk to losing more for his house. Edward might have made some bold moves but he wasn't stupid. It appeared as though the field trip into the forest would be coming to an end and there was nothing more he could do to extend it. He sighed and began walking towards the Professor. "No need to take more points Professor" Edward said gloomily as he placed his hands back into his pockets.

He suddenly realized that something was missing and looking at the pile of brushes he seen earlier he saw what it was. His wand must have slipped from his hand when Edward had grabbed the small twig like creature after he'd fallen into the brush. Several feet away were four more of the twig like creatures and between them laid Edward's wand. "That's mine, give it back" Edward called out to the little creatures.

They appeared to have been distracted by the conversation that was taken place, however as Edward called out and began walking towards them they suddenly grabbed the wand and began running off with it. Without thinking about how much more trouble he was probably going to be in, Edward started running towards them. They were clumsily holding Edward's wand as they ran which slowed them down allowing the young Gryffindor to leap on top of them and begin wrestling his wand free. It only took a few seconds and a couple scratches to the face but Edward had managed to get it free of the little tree thieves.

He got back up to his feet realizing how dirty he was and wishing to take a bath and get the dirt off. He knew that was definitely not going to be happening anytime soon as he walked back over to the Professor "Sorry" he mumbled to the group as he held his wand tightly in his grip so as not to lose it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrissy watched as it indeed made no impression. And the fact the professor told them they had lose Gryffindor housepoints made her sighing for a moment. That was not something were her parents would be happy with. It would be a reason to say she was different to her sister again. Athena had never set foot in the forest for sure, she didn't dared. Not without professors for sure. But to Chrissy it was clear she had to go away here and walked along. '' Okay.'' She than said and looked at the professor. And nodded to Stan. He was the most innocent in this and she doubted if she had to speak about that. But they were here on their own so he just could chose to not go along also. But he had. She smiled to Aspen for a moment. '' Bye Aspen. Nice to meet you.'' Chrissy than said and figured she wasn't so scary as she seemed. And that was a good lesson. She than walked next to Stan and looked at them. The prefect was making weird noices and Chrissy didn't liked him at all. She ignored him and had no idea what he mumbled. She than looked at Stan. '' Are you ok? It's too bad we didn't came further. But I don't want to see professor Kingsley. Hopefully it is not neccesary.'' She than whispered. Chrissy didn't want to make that bad of an impression. She wanted to make the best out of it. Evelyn had been a prefect even and Athena was not hurting a fly in breaking rules so she was a black sheep after all. She had did it herself now.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry Gryffindor. Gonna do my best to get them all back!!! woooo 🦁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back