Flying after Break

"Thanks Kiera, I'll do my best any how" Andromeda wanted to prove herself to Kiera badly, she knew she was fast but Kiera was like lightening.
"Do we have a quaffle or something to muck about with".

Andromeda was trying hard not to show how thrilled she was by Kiera's statement. She would love to be keeper and perhaps with Kiera's help she could be a really good one.

Kiera grinned. Kiera could help but feel happy when she saw Andromeda's estatic face. She answered the question. "Actually there is a supply closet on the ground that has practice Quaffles and such. We can borrow one of those when we are ready for it." she said as she pointed out a little shed almost under the bleachers. "Speed is an important thing for any good keeper or chaser to have. The faster you are, the more likely you can stop the quaffle from going through. We chasers need speed to keep away from our oposing team." Kiera explained. "I want to do some speed laps." she said with a grin.

"I'm good to go but when I start lagging behind don't slow down for my sake. Just keep going as I will be trying to keep up" Andromeda smiled at her. She hovered her broom a bit looking about.
"So where do you want to start from? do we have a stop watch or anything?"

Kiera pursed her lips together. She had not thought to bring a stopwatch. Kiera shook her head. "I didnt bring one. I can tell when my broom is accelerating and I was just wanting to see how fast it could go." she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I thought we might fly in kind of a follow the leader deal, switching in and out." she suggested.

Kiera grinned and shook her head. "No follow me while I am flying. Its more fun that way." she replied. Kiera remember that one time they had done this in Quidditch practice. It had been awesome. Kiera flashed Andy a wicked look. "Ready?" she asked.

Kiera grinned wickedly and took off. She zoomed through the air gathering speed. Now was when it would get tricky. Kiera glanced back to make sure that Andromeda was behind her. Kiera grinned and then suddenly dove sharply towards the ground. About 10 feet from crashing, Kiera pulled up and out of the dive. Kiera looked to see how Andy was doing before she continued with anything.
((YOUR BACK!!! YAY!!!!)))

Andromeda waited a moment for Kiera to go first. After what she considered enough time to seperate them she sped after her. Kiera dove sharply and Andromeda watched as mere feet from the ground she pulled up. Taking a deep breath she also dove and not cutting it too close, she pulled up hard on her broom. She smiled to Kiera and risked giving her a thumbs up. So far so good.

[[ yay! glad to be back. :) ]]

Kiera grinned. "Good!" she called out. Then she sped back up. She pulled up hard into a sharp climb. Kiera leveled back out after she had risen high into the air. It an attempt to take Andromeda by surprise, she suddenly barrel rolled to the right. She came out of the roll into another dive. It was a tricky sequence. She turned to watch how Andy was managing it.

Andromeda watched Kiera perform the climb knowing she could easily accomplish that but it was when she did the roll into a dive Andromeda had misgivings about. She had done them individually before but never as a sequence. Well, she wasn't about to let Kiera down, she pulled up the front of her broom and made the steep climb, once she levelled off she manuevered herself into the barrel roll but came out of it and into the dive alot slower than when Kiera did it.

Andromeda knew this and was disappointed with herself.
"I'll practise that one more I promise" it was a good sequence and she knew it was a smart move to practise what Kiera gave her.

Kiera grinned. "Still that was good for your first try." she responded. Kiera was proud of her little 'sis'. She liked teaching younger students new tricks. "Would you like something more difficult?" she asked with a sly grin.

[[sorry again for absence Kiera, this will be a very slow thread I'm afraid. Will only be on and off when I can]]

Andromeda glowed that Kiera thought her effort was good and bowed up by this bit of confidence felt ready for anything.
"Ok Kiera, what have you got for me?" she bit her lip not sure if she was capable of anything more difficult but she was always willing to give it a try.

[[ Its okay Andy! I completely understand! Take all the time you need!]]

Kiera laughed at Andromeda's expression. "Okay lets go!" Kiera said taking off on her broom. She acclerated and reached the end of the pitch. She turned sharply around the goal post. She flew straight for a moment. She smoothly barrel rolled to the left. Swiftly she came out of it and transitioned instantly into a right barrel roll. Kiera grinned to herself. She loved flying.

Suddenly she dropped about 10 feet down. Kiera fishtailed her broom around so that she was now facing the way she started. She stopped and waited. She watched Andy fly. She knew that changing rolling directions so swiftly could be vey difficult. Kiera knew Andy could do it though.

"Oh my goodness" Andromeda whispered as she watched Kiera, "here goes nothing".
Andromeda sped down the pitch as well and swerved around the goal hoops as sharp as she dared before flying straight again then barrell rolling first left and then swiftly rolling right. She felt decidedly dizzy after that but still attempted the deep dive before fish tailing the way Kiera had.
Breathing heavily she looked at Kiera and put her hand to her head.
"That rolling really knocks your head for six. Am I supposed to position my head a certain way so I don't get so dizzy?"

Kiera smiled at Andy. "That was good!" she said cheerfully. "I just keep my head straight and looking forward. It takes some getting used to." she admitted. "I had a slight advantage from gymnastics. Im used to fliping in the air." she said with a bright grin. "Do you have anything you would like me to help you with?" Kiera asked. She wanted to help Andy improve the best she could.

Andromeda looked at her in surprise.
"I've done gymnastics. I didn't even think to put that training into practise here. Thanks for the heads up, I'll use it in future I promise" she smiled at Kiera, "If we could grab a quaffle, I really need to practise my keeping skills. You're one of the best chasers we have so it would make sense to practise with you. If I can stop even one of yours I'll be happy just no mad moves like you did at the exhibition game".
She grinned at Kiera, Andromeda didn't mind how she tossed the quaffle she was just determined to be the best keeper Gryffindor had ever.

Kiera laughed. "Well thanks for the complement but I'm not that good!" she said grinning. "I will get a Quaffle out that shed down there. You wanna go wait in the North goals?" she asked.

Kiera flew down to the ground where the shed was. She climbed off her broom and carefully laid it on the grass. Kiera walked into the shed. It was messier than she expected. She dug around lawn supplies until she found a good Quaffle. She took it back outside. Kiera hopped on her broom and returned to the air. "You ready?" she called to Andy with a grin.

Andromeda waited for Kiera to get a quaffle, she flew to the goal scoring area that Kiera had asked her too and hovered nervously about. This was great, she was going to practise proper keeping skills at last.
Kiera with the quaffle in hand flew back up to her.
"Ready and waiting" at least she hoped she was.

Kiera grinned at Andromeda. "Okay! Lets try this!" she said enthusiastically. Kiera held the Quaffle her hands. She started flying towards the goals increasing her speed. She thought she would start with a few easy shots first. She approached the goals. She winked at Andy. She faked left before firing the Quaffle through the far right hoop.

Andromeda watched as Kiera held the quaffle and began to get nearer, her speed picked up as she got ready to make the play. Andromeda concentrated hard trying her best to predict what hoop Kiera would go for, when suddenly she went for the left. Andromeda maneuvered fast but no sooner as she done so when she realised Kiera had made a false play and fired through the right instead.
'Damn' she thought as she dove down to retrieve the quaffle mad at herself for falling for the oldest trick in the book, at least her reaction though as wrong as it was had been fast. She brought the quaffle back to the hoops and tossed it out to Kiera again.
"That was awful, I'm going to make Gryffindor lose their games at this rate" she sighed but geared herself up again.

Kiera smiled. "Its alright Andy. Dont worry about it. Lets try again." she said in a positive voice. She caught the Quaffle Andy tossed at her. Kiera turned and made her way back out to the center of the field. "Okay. Ready? You can do it!" she said with a grin before she started to fly. Kiera increased her speed. She zigzaged all the way towards the goals. She grinned and fired the Quaffle towards the right hoop as she continued to swerve. She hadnt been to tricky and hoped Andromeda could save it.

Andromeda steadied herself as she watched Kiera zigzag and weave her way towards her with the quaffle. Taking a deep breath, she stayed completely still. She daren't move a muscle until she was absolutely sure this time of where Kiera was going to launch the quaffle. It was a risky move as she didn't know if she would be fast enough to catch it when it was sent flying but she needed to improve her instincts. Kiera got closer and hurled the quaffle into the right, as soon as her hand had been raised to throw it Andromeda knew she was going for the right. Swerving her broom instantly, she managed to catch it before it got in. Sighing and thinking that had still been way too close she spun her broom around to face Kiera.
"Good attempt Sarge" she grinned at her as she tossed the quaffle back.

Kiera grinned and clapped her hands when Andromeda saved her shot. "Great! Good job!" she said happily. Kiera caught the quaffle. "Ready for another go?" she asked. Kiera turned and flew farther away. Kiera grinned as she started to fly towards Andy. First she swerved left. She grew with speed. She flew towards the left goal. Kiera grinned mischeviously before chunking the Quaffle towards the middle goal.

Andromeda nodded her head as Kiera asked if she wanted to try again. She watched her friend fly further away this time, Andromeda gathered it would be for a speedier run at the hoops. She sure was coming in fast, as she swerved to the left. She kept coming but Andromeda held her position, she could not allow herself to be sidetracked by even the slightest bit of fear. Her eyes remained focused on Kiera and the quaffle, who suddenly moved to the left goal. Andromeda waited for a fraction of a second and luckily so as Kiera threw the quaffle into the center hoop. Either Andromeda was getting better or Kiera was making it too easy for her, either way she caught the quaffle and beamed once more at her friend before throwing it back to her.
This sure was tiring stuff no matter how fun it was.
"What's the score then? Moi two and you one?" she laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back