OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera had just returned from her Christmas break. Her visit with Jacqueline had gone better than she expected but still left her feeling not quite sure of her mother. Kiera did not think her mother would harm her but she was not fully convinced. How did she know it all wasn't just an act?

Kiera's head was clouded with all different thoughts and feelings towards Jacqueline. She knew she needed to get out of the Gryffindor common room. She dashed up to her room and grabbed her Streak. Kiera quickly made her way though the castle and down to the pitch.

Kiera was relieved to find and empty pitch. She wanted to clear her mind with some fresh are and fast flying. She hopped on her broom and soared into the air. The clean crisp air had the effect she wanted. Kiera suddenly felt free and careless. She urged her broom forward in attempt to push it to its fastest speed and then keep pushing it.

Andromeda had been hopping on and off her broom the whole way down to the pitch trying to see how fast she was getting on as well as getting off. It hovered at waist level the whole way and at one point Andromeda was convinced she would have fallen clear over the other side except for some uncanny balancing skills on her part.
When she got to the pitch she realised she wasn't alone, Kiera was there. She hadn't had a chance to talk with her yet since she got back and she wondered how she got on over Christmas with her mother and Bruin.

She straddled her broom again and kicked off to fly up to Kiera.
"Hey you, Happy New Year" she called out wondering if Kiera would hear her.

Kiera had zoned out. Her head was clear and empty of all thoughts except for how fast she could possibly go. Kiera was startled out of her trance by a voice. She stopped abruptly and almost fell off of her broom. She resettled herself and looked around for the familiar voice. Kiera's eyes found Andromeda flying up to her. Kiera smiled back at her.

"Hiya! Happy New Year to you too! Did you have a good break?" Kiera wondered. She hovered in the air waiting for Andy to join her.

"It was illuminating!" she smiled enigmatically, "how was your mom's? "

She leant low on her broom taking it nice and handy now that Kiera had slowed her speed down. Reckless, Andromeda thought, someday she'll do herself an injury. She smiled then knowing she was probably just as bad.

Kiera grinned. At least Andy enjoyed her break... "Well I am glad you had a good break." she said with an honest smile. Kiera thought about how to answer Andromeda. She had just been trying to figure out how she felt about her mother. She shifted one of her legs over the broom she that she was sitting with both legs on one side. Kiera shrugged her shoulders.

"It wasn't really at my mom's. Bruin and I stayed at an Inn because she wouldn't let us close to her house. It was interesting to say the least." Kiera paused trying to think of how to describe her mother. She took a deep breath. "Jacqueline just has this cold way of speaking. Her voice is like ice. She is beautiful but in a cruel sort of way...You might have to meet her to understand." she said letting her voice fade.

"Do I really have to meet her?" Andromeda didn't really like the sound of her but she was still Kiera's mother. Then something Kiera had said clicked and she smiled.
"so you and Bruin were staying at an Inn together? hmmm!" she tried to suppress a grin, but her winked mischievous side won out and she nearly exploded with laughter.

Kiera laughed and shook her head at Andromeda's silly reactions. "We had our own rooms. They were actually really nice." she informed Andromeda. "Besides Bruin and I are just friends." she said as she started to kick her feet back and forth. Kiera needed to be careful or she would fall off her broom. She turned her head down to the ground. "You dont have to meet Jacqueline. I was just saying you probably wouldnt understand how she is unless you met her."

"I don't get genetics!"Andromeda said suddenly, "How can a woman who makes you feel like that be any way related to you? You are one of the nicest people I know, the smartest and kindest. It doesn't add up, are you sure she's really your mother, she could be an imposter. Someone who just really wants the job!"

Andromeda's sudden out burst made Kiera laugh. It cheered Kiera up a bit to have her friend say all those nice things about her. Kiera had been wondering the samething. "Those are awful nice things to say sis." she said with a grin. "I know what you mean but she didn't raise me. My dad did and he is probably the best man in the world. I have been thinking and Jacqueline must have been different when she was younger. After all she married my dad. I can't quite figure her out." Kiera confided in Andromeda. She couldnt help but feel comfortable with the younger girl. Kiera wouldn't admit her true feelings to just anyone.

"So it's really your Dad you take after? Well that's good." Andromeda smiled and then looked horror stricken, "Kiera I am so sorry. That's still your mother and here am I not being very nice about her. Totally uncalled for, sorry".
She tried to swing her leg over her broom the way Kiera had and completely unbalanced herself, she grabbed on with both hands as she slipped off the broom. She was left dangling precariously underneath it while holding on for dear life.

"Ok the last time I was like this, there was a lake under me to drop into. What do I do Kiera?" she bit her lip risking a look down which for some strange reason only made her extremely giddy.

Kiera smiled at Andromeda. "Dont worry about it. You didn't say anything I wasn't already thinking. You would like my dad, Jacqueline not so much." she said reassuringly. Andy shouldnt worry about anything she said to Kiera. She wasnt so easy to upset.

Kiera held her breath as Andromeda tried to copy the way Kiera was sitting. She was about to protest when all of a sudden, Andy was hanging on to her broom Kiera was afraid for her friend but kept her cool. "Hold on Andy. Stay calm. I will fly under you and you can drop on my broom." she said soothingly. Kiera swung her leg back over her broom. She quickly flew under the dangling Andromeda. "Okay drop now!" Kiera said as she carefully watched Andy's feet.

Andromeda let go and dropped down to Kiera. She landed rather uncomfortably on the broom with her friend.
"Ow, remind me to only practise that when I'm lower down" She reached up to see if she could reach her broom which was still hovering above them but just out of reach.

"Kiera can we move a bit higher to get it or should you drop me down first?" she smiled back at her, this was definitly an adventure for today.

Kiera's broom dipped slightly at the added weight. She steadied her broom. Kiera grinned. "No harm done." she said cheerfully. She considered the two different options for the retrieval of Andromeda's broom. Kiera didnt want Andy to get hurt. "Andy do you think you can remount your broom in the air? I dont want you to fall." Kiera said worriedly.

"I've never tried it Kiera" Andromeda was usually game for anything and figured why not, "Will we give it a go? Just talk me through it and we should be fine. We could always 'accio' it down closer".

At least she would if she had her wand but for some reason she had left it behind, clutz!

Kiera smiled. She had faith Andy could do it. It should work out fine. Kiera would keep a close watch to make sure that if she did fall, Kiera could catch her. "Alright. Lets give this a try!" she said brightly. Kiera flew her broom up to Andromeda's. She was as close as she could get. Kiera grinned. "You ready?" she asked the younger girl.

Kiera grinned back. "Okay then sis! Give it a shot." she said encouragingly. Kiera's eyes were carefully watching Andromeda. If she fell, Kiera would catch Andy before she could hit the ground.

Andromeda reached across slowly bringing her broom just a little bit closer. She very carefully swung herself around so she was actually sitting side saddle on Kiera's broom.
"Shame I couldn't just have done that earlier" she grinned.
She then reached one of her legs very slowlly over her own broom while keeping a firm hold on Kiera's with one hand and on her own with her other hand.
Once she thought her leg was about as safely over as it would go, she released her grip on Kiera's broom and held on tightly to her own broom with her two hands. She adjusted her seat until she was securely on then beamed at Kiera.
"Now that was fun!"

Kiera grinned as she watched Andromeda with anxious eyes. She breathed a sigh of relief as Andy got safely back on her broom. Kiera laughed. "Maybe it was fun for you! I was afraid for your life!" she said grinning. Kiera wanted to get in some Quidditch practice. She turned to Andromeda with a sly look in her eyes. "So do you want to have some more fun?" she asked mischeviously.

Kiera laughed. "I think the fun quota is limitless." she replied. "Well its Quidditch practice more or less." she said as the mischevious grin spread back across her face. "A few speed trials followed by some quaffle practice." she suggested.

Kiera almost laughed at the look of sheer joy on Andromeda's face. She didnt want to appear to be laughing at the younger girl. Kiera grinned crookedly instead. "Yes really. I am glad you came along. I cant practice too much by myself." she said with a laugh.

"Well tell me what to do Sarge and it's done. Of course you'll be way faster than me which is a tad unfair" she grinned knowing she was pretty fast herself but Kiera was just so awesome on her broom.
"Oh, do I get to pretend to be keeper again?"

Kiera grinned at Andy. Kiera had three years of practice flying over her. "Aww I'm sure you can keep up." Kiera said playfully. Kiera had been dying to find out how fast her broom could go if she really pushed it. "Yes you get to be keeper if you want. I can help you get better, not that you are bad. I bet you will make keeper, little sis." Kiera said with a reassuring smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back