Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Elliot)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Alice had admittedly not put a lot of effort into her costume this year, but she was happy about it. She had made a flower crown and combined it with a white dress. It was enough to pass for a fairy, even if she probably should have made some wings or something to go along with it. But Alice wasn't here to win the contest, just to have fun. She took in all the fun activities in the hall, wondering what she should do first. Before deciding on anything, Alice looked around to see if she could spot any of her friends. She had been feeling a bit lonely, and hoped she could hang out with some nice people tonight.

Elio had not even wanted to attend the Halloween Feast that year, given the current state of things it would have been much easier for him to just stay tucked away in his dorm. That being said he knew he had to try and do something on the 31st October that let him focus on himself, and while he may not have had a costume Elio figured it wouldn’t have been a terrible thing to show his face, even if he didn’t plan on staying long. He had no special outfit planned, especially since turning up had been a last second decision. He slipped out the dorms and headed to the Great Hall, feeling completely off and unusually daunted. This under normal circumstances would have been a fun event but right now he knew that he would potentially receive a number of sympathetic stares and he had to prepare himself to be asked about someone who was not here. His eyes scanned the room for signs of his friends, and spotting Alice the prefect headed over somewhat relieved, trying to focus his attention on her and not the others in the room. “Hey,” he said, just about loud enough when he approached her side, small smile on his face. He knew he hadn’t had a chance to speak to the Hufflepuff really at all yet this year which he wanted to change, but if nothing else he was glad for a chance to check in with his friend.

Alice looked up as she saw someone approach her, a little surprised to see it was Elio. But she was glad to see him here, as she hadn't expected him to attend any events if she was honest. Seeing him here made her hope he was slowly starting to feel better, even if she knew both he and Rowan were right to be incredibly saddened by Elsie's death. "Hey, Elio." She said with a hesitant smile. "Good to see you here." She said, gently touching his arm. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" She asked, feeling the urge to take care of him.

For someone who get as though they excelled in situations like this, Elio was unusually apprehensive about the whole ordeal. He avoided glancing around the room, he didn’t want to know who else may have been looking his way. He pretended not to see the glances in classes but here there were many many more people. He nodded at Alice’s comment, realising she must have been gauging how he felt which he appreciated. His appetite was not what it used to be, although he didn’t think he needed to say it, “I could go for a drink. I’ll probably take some food up to Rowan in a bit,” he said, glancing his eyes back over Alice’s costume. “Are you an angel?” Elio noticed the halo crown most of all with a smile. He was always amazed by those who made their costumes around everything else that had on at school.

Alice nodded at Elio's words. "How.. is she?" She asked as she started heading to the drinks table. "And... how are you?" She added, as that was a question he might be better equipped to answer at the moment. She grabbed him a drink and handed it to him, hoping it would help her feel useful. His question made her smile but shake her head. "A fairy, in theory. Someone with a very lazy costume in practice." She said with a small laugh. "I didn't even have time to make myself some wings." She said with a small shrug.

Describing Rowans current state was like trying to explain what the colour grey was, but Elio had come here expecting to be asked, given her friends hadn’t had a chance to speak to her yet this year. “Rowan..” he started, wanting to tell Alice the truth but if he did he’d be here for longer than he had time to be, “some days are better than others.” He wished he could do more for her but even the fact she’d started responding to him sometimes now was a positive sign. “Thanks,” Elio had taken the drink Alice offered him, quickly realising it was needed more than he thought, “I’m okay,” those two words were much easier to say instead of falling down that rabbit hole, especially at the feast. Elio knew he wasn’t giving her much to work with but he didn’t want to worry the Hufflepuff either, not when he didn’t have a chance to give her the whole story yet. He chuckled at her comment about having a lazy costume, given his own attempts were literally zero it was still miles ahead of how he’d turned up. “If I knew a spell for them then I would help you out, but, regardless I think you still work it,” he grinned. Let’s be honest though Alice always looked good. “How’ve you been?” Elio did think she seemed a little more peppy than she was at the last study session, but if he’d learnt anything recently it was that people didn’t always feel as they appeared.

Alice nodded sadly as Elliot said some days were better than others. That simple statement said enough. "Have you talked to Professor Kingsley?" She asked him quietly. Elio was a good friend to Rowan, but Alice was of the opinion that she needed help of an adult. She wasn't sure if she should believe he was okay, but she nodded anyway. She smiled softly when he mentioned he would help her out if he could, but she shook her head. "I'm not too fussed about the costume, I'm just trying to enjoy the party." She said as she grabbed her own drink as well. "I've been well, actually. The break helped me get over a lot." She admitted. "Just busy with classes." She added with a slight shrug. Sixth year was no joke.

Elio had been toying with the idea of speaking to his Head of House for weeks, so hearing Alice ask whether he'd spoken to her was considerably reassuring. The prefect nodded, "Spoke to her a couple of days ago, she knows everything." Ultimately he was glad he had said something, because it was true he certainly didn't know how to handle all this by himself. He smiled as she mentioned that she just wanted to have fun, only then even realising that he hadn't brought his camera with him. He just didn't have it on him as he used to last year, "I think it's strange this will be one of our last." Elio didn't mean to be thinking so negatively, but it was true. They only had one year left after this and then they'd all go their separate ways. "I'm really glad," he replied sincerely, taking a sip of his own drink. Hearing that Alice was doing better now would help him too, knowing she was alright.

Ilija hadn't managed to attend much last year, but as he'd been working with his therapist to work through ways he could overcome his anxieties, he was finding that some tasks were becoming more manageable again. He was still not particularly confident about attending the Halloween feast, especially because this time he didn't have Padme to go with, but maybe he would find one of his dorm mates to say hi to once he arrived. The sixth year had found a jacket from a movie which he figured he could wear, although it wasn't much it was enough to feel as though he was making a bit of an effort. As he wandered into the Great Hall, the party was already in full swing, and he tried to keep calm as his eyes hunted really for anyone he recognised. He spotted Elio and Alice near one of the tables which was both exciting and daunting. For a long time Ilija had been increasingly jealous of Elio, his ability to just talk to Alice and anyone really, with seemingly no trouble at all. He'd had everything. That being said after being at the Baros' birthday with him he'd seen a different side to the Gryffindor, and while he wasn't sure he would have called them friends, he certainly had a little more appreciation for him. Ilija missed spending time walking with Rowan and her pet duck, but he knew that after Elsie died, she'd taken some time to herself which was more than understandable. Alice too looked quite cheerful, and the familiar butterflies began to fly in his stomach at the idea of her noticing him. He'd enjoyed their chat by the lake, and hoped she had too given that she'd come to say hi to him and his family at the end of last year. With the latter in mind, he hoped if she wouldn't mind him tagging along now too, and the Hufflpuff walked across the hall to pick up a drink of his own, before joining shyly at the side of his classmates. Ilija hadn't quite caught the end of what they'd been saying, but smiled at the both as he approached, "Hello," he said, hoping he sounded more confident than he felt.

Alice nodded as Elio said he had spoken to his head of house. "Good, you need a teacher to help." She told him softly. She sighed as he referenced this was one of their last celebrations, and she nodded, looking around at the great hall. "I know, it's strange. My sister is graduating this year, I'll be the oldest at school next year." She said with a sad little smile. "And the only one." Though she had a few cousins, she would be the only one of her siblings at Hogwarts. She gave Elio a small smile, then noticed that Ilija was approaching. Her smile widened at the sight of him, and she waved at him with the hand that wasn't holding a drink. "Hi Ilija!" She said brightly. "What are you dressed as?" She asked, looking at his clothes curiously.

Elio knew Alice was right, and he could only hope that Rowan thought the same thing. Elio hadn't really known Alice's sister's all that well, asides from Rose who'd been a prefect in his house, but it wasn't as though he'd ever spoken to her. Elio would have liked to have had a little more time with it just him and Alice, although he knew that was unrealistic given the circumstances, and he caught her glance as she smiled at someone else approaching, turning to see Ilija had joined them too. "I'm not sure whether I'd rather next year was already here, or whether I wish time would just, pause for moment you know?" Over his shoulder he spotted more students entering the hall and realised almost too late that one of them had dressed up to mock themselves. Elio let out a small snigger under his breath, before turning back to the Hufflepuffs who were talking about Ilija's outfit. He'd had his doubts about how Ilija was handing things after the break, although he seemed content in that moment. More so actually than he'd seen him for a while, not that he spent much time with him outside the study sessions. Feeling as though he may as well give Ilija a chance to speak to Alice too, and that anything else Elio had on his mind probably would just bring the mood down anyway, he put his hand on Alice's shoulder for a second, "Hey, I'm gonna go and say hi to a few others before I have to go back upstairs. I'll catch up properly with you soon though, okay?" he asked, giving his friend a small one armed hug, hoping he'd get a chance to sit down with her at some point. He shot Ilija a grin too, before moving past the pair to head back the way he'd come.

Ilija was pretty sure that the second Alice smiled at him he forgot how to act natural. Three whole years now, he felt as though he'd been tormented by the fact he could barely look at her without loosing the ability to speak, although speaking had never exactly been his strong point it certainly wasn't made any easier. He had to keep telling himself that it was going to be okay, after all they'd managed two conversations that had been alright, although it would have been a lie to say Ilija hadn't on both occasions run their chats back through his mind, just in case he'd said something wrong. He mirrored her smile, taking a sip of his drink to give him a precious few seconds to regain his thoughts before replying. "I'm er, dressed as a singer. It's Elton John jacket, the one from his film." He knew he wasn't making a lot of sense but he really hoped Alice knew what he meant. Ilija wanted to return the compliment but all he was focusing on was her new hair. Elio excused himself then, which made the sixth year even more nervous because now it was one on one, which added a bit more pressure on his ability to hold a conversation. With Rowan it was easier, because they had Matilda to put the focus on instead of each other, and Ilija hoped he could steer Alice to doing something at the Feast that would be fun too. "Your hair, it really suits you like that," The Hufflepuff was glad it was dark in here so that she couldn't see the flush that had just appeared on his cheeks. No, Elio would just as easily have said the same thing, there was no reason to overthink a compliment. He took another sip, hoping it wasn't too obvious that he was stalling for words. Recalling one of the scary tunnels that he'd been taken through last year, he peered around to hall to see if it had made a reappearance. "Did you want to go and have a look in there?" he asked, pointing across the hall. "Or, we could go and play one of the games?" he offered, "If you want," he shot her another reaffirming smile, just in case.

Alice pondered Elio's words and then shrugged. "I kind of want to pause, I like Hogwarts." She said, voicing her own opinion on the matter after thinking it over for a moment. Elio seemed distracted, and Alice wasn't surprised when he said he would leave soon after. She hugged him back, nodding. "Thanks, Elio." She said gently. "See you later." She said, bidding him goodbye. She listened to Ilija's explanation of his costume with some puzzlement. "Sorry, I... don't know what that is." She said after a pause. "But it looks nice on you." She added as a compliment. She blushed as he complimented her hair, gently touching it with a shy smile. "Oh, thanks." She said softly. "It felt like time for a change." She commented lightly.. She followed Ilija's gaze and then looked back at him with a somewhat wicked grin. "I think I would like trying to hit a piñata, would you want to join?"

Ilija hadn't been sure whether his words made sense, although it was his own fault for not being able to get them out properly in the first place. He swallowed nervously when Alice said she didn't know what he meant, although before he could apologise she told him it suited her and the sixth year smiled, almost in relief, "Thanks." he tried not to worry too much about it, focusing instead on Alice's hair. Ilija nodded, "I think, it makes you look more grown up." Maybe that wasn't what she was going for, but he thought it brought out her face. Before he could turn even more scarlet, Alice suggested the piñata, which honestly Ilija had never tried before, although he was willing to give it a try. "Alright," he nodded, glancing over in the direction of it as his smile widened upon seeing her own. "Do you think there are sweets inside it, or do you think the school could have a trick up its sleeve?" he mused, imagining that it wouldn't be too far fetched for the professors to pack something that could potentially fly away once it was released. As they walked over towards the game, Ilija was surprised at how confident he felt. While he knew that there would be a few people watching him if he took a turn, it was as though it would be okay. That was, as long as he didn't make too much of a fool of himself. "Do you want to go first?" he asked her, offering to hold her drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back