Liz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Rigid 12 1/2” Hazel wand, with Hippogriff feather core
Howdy everyone!

I'm looking to give my first year Finn here a bit more RP action. A bit of background- he is from a farm in rural Marlborough, near the top of the South Island of NZ. He grew up with a muggle father, his mother who is a witch and a little sister. Finn's experience of magic and the magical world is somewhat limited, even though his mother is a witch. Magic is a big source of tension between his parents, and his father really didn't want him to come to Hogwarts, however his mother put her foot down. She is currently on her own journey of rediscovering her magical identity, after hiding it away for years for the sake of her marriage. So she's living vicariously through Finn and his experience at Hogwarts a bit, whereas his father was very angry about him leaving and it caused a big family fight before he left. So, he's feeling a bit guilty, a bit excited, and a bit overwhelmed- but his 11 year old brain doesn't know how to process these emotions yet, and he's pretty quiet so doesn't want to talk about it. He also has an anger streak, which I'm hoping to explore more soon. His time at Hogwarts so far has been a bit lonely due to his quietness (and my slackness at organising RPs), but he will make a fierce and loyal friend once he gets to know someone, and like a true Gryffindor isn't afraid of a little trouble.

So I'd love for him to get out a meet a few more first years mainly, but open to any other student or Professor who might take him under their wing a bit!

-Friends? (Open to any kind of friendship, whether straight forward or a bit unexpected! Finn's a bit shy around girls and still finds them kinda annoying, but that just makes for more RP fun)
-Rivals? (I could see this being fun, and the rivalry could develop over the years at Hogwarts)
-Mentor? (I could see Finn begrudgingly spending time with a mentor type older student or Professor, especially as I start to explore his anger issues a little more)
-Anything! Trouble making, class buddies ect

Please let me know if you have a character you think would fit in and would like to give it a go! :D

Hello Liz! How are you doing!

I think there are a few characters that I could offer! hehe! I have a firstie named Molly Burke. She can be pretty loud and loves to go on adventures, though she doesn't really like the idea of getting dirty. Molly has been sorted into Hufflepuff and she can be quite imaginative. Molly wont mind if he's a bit shy as she'll mostly do the talking anyways lolol

I could also offer a couple of my second years, if you'd like Finn to know some students a little older, if not that's okay too hehe! But I would like to offer him Xiuying Huang - I think we did a small rp of them already playing some footie (I'll get back to replying to that soon lolol) but Xiuying is in Ravenclaw, quite sporty and is really focused on academics.

The other second year I would like to offer is Charlie Jacobs. He's in Gryffindor, same house as Finn. Charlie isn't much into sports, but he defs is into causing trouble and pranks hehe, if you're up for Finn to be influenced into something troublesome hehe

Let me know what you think! :D

Hello Liz! How are you doing!

I think there are a few characters that I could offer! hehe! I have a firstie named Molly Burke. She can be pretty loud and loves to go on adventures, though she doesn't really like the idea of getting dirty. Molly has been sorted into Hufflepuff and she can be quite imaginative. Molly wont mind if he's a bit shy as she'll mostly do the talking anyways lolol

I could also offer a couple of my second years, if you'd like Finn to know some students a little older, if not that's okay too hehe! But I would like to offer him Xiuying Huang - I think we did a small rp of them already playing some footie (I'll get back to replying to that soon lolol) but Xiuying is in Ravenclaw, quite sporty and is really focused on academics.

The other second year I would like to offer is Charlie Jacobs. He's in Gryffindor, same house as Finn. Charlie isn't much into sports, but he defs is into causing trouble and pranks hehe, if you're up for Finn to be influenced into something troublesome hehe

Let me know what you think! :D
Hi Maria! Thanks for getting back to me!

I’d love to RP Finn with Molly- I think I’ve seen her around a fair bit! And i reckon he’ll do well with a friend that talks heaps. Want me to start something?

And i think continuing a friendship with Xiuying sounds great! They’ll definitely bond over sports and Finn will find her easier to be around because of that.I’m happy to just keep going with their existing thread of you are!

And for sure, some troublemaking with Charlie sounds like a plan- I’ll come up with an idea and let you know ^_^ I think Finns the type who won’t go looking for trouble, but will just find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time..so if Charlie is up to something Finn could accidentally get involved?

Thanks again!

Kia ora Liz!

I could offer my 2nd year Manaia as a friend? He's pretty relaxed and outgoing, so he's an easy friend to have. He's going to have some problems at home later this IC year, but right now he's just a happy guy who loves music and swimming.

I've also got my firstie Giulia, who could be either a friend or an enemy, depending on how things shake out. She's recently moved to NZ from France, so she's still working on learning English, and she's had a hard time communicating with people at Hogwarts so far. She's relatively shy in English, but when she's comfortable communicating with someone she's quite headstrong and opinionated. Her interests are Mostly comics/sci fi/fantasy/any and all Nerd Stuff, so they could either bond or fight (or both) over that :p

In terms of mentorship I've got two options - Professor Kahurangi Josephs is head of Ravenclaw house, and she actually had a very similar family situation when she went to Hogwarts. Her father is a muggle and he never trusted the whole Magic Thing at first, and only agreed to send her there if she promised to go to a Real University afterwards. So she could definitely sympathise with his situation, and possibly offer some advice. On the anger front I've got Maria Madison, who's the school counsellor. She had a lot of anger problems when she was young. (Throwback to a thread from 2009 where she threw another firstie down a flight of stairs.....) She's worked through them over the year and dedicated herself to helping other people, so if you ever wanted Finn to explore his feelings in a counselling setting hmu Maria is Always Available for threads!!

Hi Maria! Thanks for getting back to me!

I’d love to RP Finn with Molly- I think I’ve seen her around a fair bit! And i reckon he’ll do well with a friend that talks heaps. Want me to start something?

And i think continuing a friendship with Xiuying sounds great! They’ll definitely bond over sports and Finn will find her easier to be around because of that.I’m happy to just keep going with their existing thread of you are!

And for sure, some troublemaking with Charlie sounds like a plan- I’ll come up with an idea and let you know ^_^ I think Finns the type who won’t go looking for trouble, but will just find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time..so if Charlie is up to something Finn could accidentally get involved?

Thanks again!
Hi!

Okay, great! If you could start something, that would be great!

Yess! Defiantly! I'm also quite happy to continue on with the thread (Once I eventually reply to it - I'll reply to it soon hehe)

Ok cool! Take your time on that. I'll try and think of some stuff as well and will send you a message or something if I do think of something. But I'm honestly up for anything hehe! That sounds like a plan! Charlie is somehow always up to trouble, so I can defs see that happening hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back