First Impressions

Gwenneth laughed, really laughed. She didn't have an idea where he was going with his statement till he ended it. "Of course you wish I was, because I must be the most beautiful witch who can state it isn't because of a veela, so you want me," she said with a smirk on her face raising her eyebrows for a spilt second before letting them fall back down. "A smile is a smile, but what you have is a smirk my dear friend," she said laughing at him holding the pen in hand in case he decided to try to get her back anytime soon. She was glad she was having fun for once, it wasn't always about books and studying for her which was why she was glad she wasn't a Ravenclaw anymore they just pressure everyone to study back at Hogwarts Scotland.

Alois cannot help but smile as he watched Adrie laughed, she really looks like she was having fun, which had resulted to him having fun as well. "And what if I say that I want you? Are you willing to give yourself to me then?" He said with an annoyingly confident smirk, he was really enjoying joking around with her. It was a first that he had done that with a girl after all. "It is a smile Adrie, or should I try it once more, which I think is bad since it would make you fall for me more..." He said raising his hand once more, but this time, he didn't flick her at the forehead, but rather, his hand went straight to the top of her head, and without any word, she started to mess with her hair, laughing really hard as he did so.

Gwen laughed at Alois hoping he was still joking around cause she was. It was nice not to think about her past for once and worry about being judge. "Would have to say it first for me to make the desicion," she said becoming more serious as she smirked at him. Shaking her head at him she leaned her side against the wall while facing him. "Silly Alois..you're part French you can't smile it's all smirk with you," she said narrowing her eyes at him as his hand came towards her. "Hör auf damit! Stop that!" She said yelling at him while laughing. She opened the pen back up and aimed for his face hoping in the madness of his messing up her hair he wouldn't notice the pen going for him.

"Well, would still have to decide whether I really want you, before I would say it.." Alois retorted back with another laugh, it's like he was talking with a really close friend even though it had just been a few minutes or hours ever since he had met her. "All smirk eh? Well, I can smile, a real good smile, but I decided that it would be murder if I do that.." He added his expression albeit a little serious, although the light tone of his voice had betrayed that serious facade. "Ich werde nicht stoppen, I'm having fun see?" Alois said as the girl yelled at him, telling him to stop messing with her hair, but he decided not to listen, well, not until he saw her trying to use a marker against him again. "Oh no Adrie, not on the face.." He said with a laugh, his hand still on Adrie's hair, while the other, going for her hand to stop her from writing.

Gwen laughed leaning away from as she did. "Good because I don't believe in love at first sight so it would be weird if you wanted me and we just became friends," she said decidedly.

Laughing she listened to his German, it had been almost a month since she last heard the lanuage and she was enjoying another German speaker. "Oh yes. I'd melt if you smiled, right?" She joked at him, knowing it wasn't likely that she'd be melting for any boy as she was still trying to get over the last boy that had broken her heart. But Alois was doing agood job at making her happy. "Du solltest besser aufhören! Oh Do stop!" She said back to him as he continued to mess up her hair. Seeing his free hand going for her hand she quickly envolved her other hand well grabbing his free one with it while her pen made the last steps of it's journey to his face. As quickly as she could before he figured out he could lean away she drew a smiley face but because she was laughing so hard the curve of the smile looked slightly crooked like a smirk which made her fall back and laugh more.

Alois laughed along with Adrie as she talked about how it would be weird if he would fall for her even though they had just met. "I don't believe in that as well, though I think that you had already fallen in love with that Jack, am I not really good enough?" he said with another smirk, reminding the girl about that 7th year student that she had talked about earlier, it really intrigues him, whoever that Jack maybe.

"Well, probably, but seeing as you're feisty, you'll probably just faint, which would result to me having to carry you to the infirmary, which would then result to having strange rumors around me, and you as well... " He said, it was as if he was back in his homeland, as if he had had always used the German language every time he spoke, as if he had not spoke any English at all. He actually missed that feeling. "Nein, ich lehne sie daher", he said with a grin as adrie tried to stop him, he won't stop, no matter what she say, or so he thinks for when the dreaded marker made contact with his face, he froze. "Oh you did it, you really did..." He said with a serious face before breaking out into fits of laughter. He was sure that he looks crazy at the moment, but he decided to not mind it, he decided to ignore the jealous and weird looks that were being thrown at them, because at the moment, he was enjoying.

Gwen's laughter subsided slightly as he brought up Jack again but it didn't stop fully. "Do you like the muggle soda Fanta?" She questioned knowing it was going to sound weird but she wanted to know if Alois was really into muggles and the drink was very popular in German city she lived in, the capital. Jack didn't know anything about the drink which was fine and she'd introduce him to it next time they saw each other but now she wanted to know Alois. "Faint!" She exclaimed laughing. "Oh please try me! Smile come on just a quick real smile if you can," she said daring him to smile at her. She was sure she wouldn't faint or melt or swoon or anything but she wanted to see if he could smile in the first place.

Gwen froze at the same time he did her mouth opened in shock that she had done it. "Oppsie?" She said innocently. She glanced away and saw some other students had been attracted by their laughter and were lingering down the hallway but she ignored them seeing they were mostly girls. "Don't look now but your fan club is here," she said noticing the girls glaring at her but giggling when they looked at the back of Alois's head.

"Fanta you say? I do, do you have one here with you?" Alois asked, being rather excited about the idea of having a taste of the soda once again, it had already been months ever since he had that after all. "Or have you already given it to Jack? Now, I'd be really offended if you did.." He then added with a mock hurt tone, it's true though, he'd be a little disappointed if Adrie didn't have one, but not because of Jack, but rather, he was just hoping that she really had a soda with her.

Alois laughed as Adrie dared him to smile, he could do it, but he figure he won't, not with some convincing of course. "Make me smile then.." He challenged her back as he run a hand through his jet-black hair. When Adrie informed him that his fan club was there, Alois cannot help but smirk once more. "For real, let me have a look..." He said, then he turned quickly around and waved, completely aware that he had a smiley mark on his face, but he decided to show it to them nonetheless, "HI!" He said, some of the girls had swooned around and blush, and before he knew it, Alois had already turned his back once again from them as he turned his attention to Adrie. "Now tell me, how will I get rid of this?", he continued on, talking about the marks on his hand and face, as well as the girls that are watching them.

Gwen smiled as he got excited about Fanta. "I have plenty in my room and no Jack hasn't gotten any..yet," she added on being truthful to Alois. She did promise Jack afterall that she would let him try it at somepoint. "It's all purple Fanta of course, no orignal orange," she said checking to make sure that was okay with Alois.

Gwen put a thoughtful face on how to make him smile as he turned around to look at his fan club. A few of the girls exclaimed when they saw the marks on his oh so beautiful face. Rolling her eyes at them she looked back at him with smirk on her face. Gwen had full intentions to remain feisty till the girls left. She dropped the pen onto the bench next to her and brought her hand up to his face rubbing the spot where the marker was. Moving to her knees she moved closer to his face leaning in. The girls down the hall weren't very happy about it which made Gwen smirk. "Lots and lots of soap," she said into his ear, almost seductively, once her mouth was next to it. A girl down the hall, most likely the leader of the little group, screamed in agony, and fell to the ground in tears, of course she was just over reacting. She pulled back slightly so she could see his face. "Ready to smile?"

"Yet? eh, so you're planning to give him one? But since you're going to give me some, then it suits me just fine if you'll give him his share too, at least I got it first..." Alois said with a smile, albeit a little too excited to get a fanta once again. "I don't mind, a Fanta is still a Fanta, no matter what.."

Alois froze when he felt Adrie's hand on his face, he didn't expect that at all, for what he thought was that she'll get away from him right after she saw those girls who are apparently, members of his fan club. As she whispered on his ears, Alois cannot help but to redden up a little, but his fringe was long enough to hide it as he droop his head. Realizing that she was just doing it to further annoy the girls around them, Alois recovered, and a confident smirk had appeared on his face. "So you want to play it this way eh?" He whispered back to her, voice a bit deep and mellow, he then put his hand at his shoulder and smiled seductively, "Now Adrie, what are you talking about? Of course I'd love to go with you!" He said, louder to let the others hear, he was planning to pretend that he was supposed to go somewhere with Adrie, that way, the girls would leave them alone, or so he thought. At that, all the members of his fan club had seemed to be on fire, not because of excitement, but rather, because of anger. Chuckling to himself, he lowered down his hand and he grabbed Adrie's smaller one. "Let's go.." He said, standing up and waving at the girls. "See you later!"

Gwen rolled her eyes at Alois, she wasn't annoyed but she was getting tired of him telling her she liked him. "He hasn't ever had one before so I promised him he could try it," she said to him making an annoyed face.

Giggling slightly at the light pink color she could see through his hair. "Why yes, yes I do. And you're smirking again," she whisphered back to him, with a smile planted on her face as she glanced from his face to the girls. They weren't fairing to well but they managed to keep a distance from them. She glanced at the hand he placed on her shoulder and then moved her eyes back to his. Gwen took his lead and stood up with him holding his hand, Alois's hand was differnt then her last boyfriends hand, that one had been overly large and muscley but Alois seemed to have a nice balance and she didn't feel so small next to him more equal, it was nice. Turning in towards him she looked back at the girls giving them a final wave before leaving them in their dispair. "I'd take it you're veela then?" She questioned as they headed down the hallway, her leaning her head on him with a smile on her face. The nice part of the entire thing was, that she knew she had found another friend in the school it was comforting not to be alone for once.

Alois had to laugh when he saw Adrie roll her eyes, it was just too funny yet adorable at the same time, especially when she summoned that annoyed face of hers. "I think I'm getting on your nerves, fine i'll stop it, in return, give me a fanta ne?" Alois said, patting the girl in the head. He was quite sure that he was already being annoying by insisting that the girl liked that 7th year student.

"I can't help it, I guess a smirk is a trademark of mine.." He said with a light laugh, seeing the girl's point, he was smirking and smirking time and time again while he was talking to the girl, it was actually rather weird. "Your hand's small.."He said randomly as he tightened his hold of Adrie's hand, immediately quickening his pace to see how far they could get away from his rabid fan girls. Stopping a little when Adrie asked whether he was a veela, Aois cannot help but to put a disbelieving expression in his face. "Seriously Ad, you have just realized that now?" he said with a mock hurt tone, all this time that they were talking, he had thought that the girl already had a vague idea that he was a part-veela, he didn't really believed that she didn't know it at all.

Gwen looked over at him with raised eyebrows when he patted her head once more. "We're the same age there is no reason for treating me like I'm younger. In fact I could possibly be the older one here," she said matter of factly. She didn't say anything about the Fanta but then again she didn't really want to make the long walk up to her room to get one but his idea was good with her. She most certainly didn't want him to bring Jack into the conversation again, she couldn't help herself blush when she talked about boys, it didn't even matter if she liked them or if they were just friends; but talking about boys with a boy just made her blush. The fact Jack had offered himself up as a possible future boyfriend for her didn't make things any better but she wasn't going to tell that fact to Alois.

Trademark to all boys, is more like it; she thought to herself as they continued down the hallway. She glanced down at their clasped hands when he mentioned the size, she never thought her hand was unnormaly small before. "Um thanks. You have large hands?" She said still confused as to why her brought it up. The warmth of his hand was spreading to hers and she felt conscience about how cold her hand actually was, not that he really seemed to take any notice. When he stopped she was jerked back and turned around standing infront of him. "Well I guess. I mean the hair, the eyes, the smirk, it screams Veela but these days you can never be to sure. I mean look at me, only witch but I still am good competition for those part-veela girls huh?" She said with a laugh. She wasn't ever too caring about her looks but she knew she wasn't ugly by any means which was nice for her.

"Patting one's head is not only for the older ones you know, it's a sigh of affection." Alois said casually with a shrug. He really had this habit of patting someone in the head, not because he wants to undermine that person, but rather, it was just like a friendly gesture, something that say, you're fine with me. "I don't care who's older, age matters not, what matters is how you act."

Alois raised their intertwined hands as Adria commented about his hands. "You think so? I, on the other hand, thinks that your hand was just too small, it's matters not though, it's suits you just fine." He said with that smirk of his, noting how he had not let go of the girl's hand though they were pretty much away from the fan girls already. "The nerve Ad..." Alois said with a laugh as he heard Adrie's remarks. "I'm just kidding... you do look fine and great, you just lack the veela attitude." He then added in between his fits of laughter. As he finally composed himself, he had had to wipe his eyes a little because some tears had already formed there because of his laughing. "Anyways, do you have a mirror?" He asked randomly as his free hand touched the cheek with the markings.

Gwenneth looked over at him but decided to not respond to his comments. He was wise, though the veela part of him could cause trouble. She knew she did have the weird habit of putting her hand on someone's shoulder to show she cared without saying anything. "Thank you," she replied to him glad to have a friend in the dimly light castle of Durmstrang.

Glancing at their hands she felt the need to roll her eyes but figured she might get dizzy with all this eyerolling she had been doing and didn't. "Maybe, though my Grandmother told me I had the hands of a great pianist. This was of course before we found out I had magic powers and therefore gave up her dream of me being onstage performing," she told him letting him in her life a little more. Friends were to be trusted with everything and she hoped he wouldn't betray her. She did smile at his compliment, she didn't want to be anything like the part-veela girls or in most cases the boys as well. "Afraid I messed up you hair when I was being feisty?" She laughed as she used her free hand to pull out her hand mirror from her bag.

"No Adrie, I should be the one to say thanks, you're the first girl I've ever met here who's not infatuated with me.." Alois said with a laugh, of course he was exaggerating a bit, but nevertheless, a part of what he had said was true, he was indeed thankful to meet a new friend, someone who's probably real at that.

Alois looked at Adrie when she informed him that her grandmother had once told her that she had the hands of a great pianist. Now, that was another thing that they had in common. "You play the piano? really? Well, I on the other hand, I play the saxophone and the violin, sounds great eh?" He said with a wink. Ever since he was young, he had been learning how to play the said instrument, courtesy of his loving mother of course. "You don't have to give up on performing if that is what you really like, go for it.." He then added with a smile, the first real smile that he had shown to the girl for a while, it was not like those that he uses to charm girls, but rather, it was a smile that generally shows his genuine feelings. "Not really, just want to check the markings on my face to see.." He then added with a shrug as he took the mirror from Adrie, looking at his reflection, he just had to laugh, specially with that crooked smile-almost like a smirk of the smiley on his face.

"It's probally cause you're veela," Gwenneth-Adrie muttered. Eversince her last boyfriend who was part veela she didn't find herself interested in any other males that pocessed the veela traits. Though she did apreciate being friends with Alois, but she wasn't sure if anything else would come from it but you never know. She was, afterall, suppose to be feisty around him because he enjoy that side more.

Gwen smiled at him, being a musician was a greta thing to be, not many people had the raw talent that was needed. Her best friend had been tone-deft for instance. "No I could do more with Mag-," she left off there as she glanced over at Alois who was smiling at her. She beamed, it wasn't a smirk for once, "Wow. Don't show that to any of those other girls they might die." Gwen laughed before shaking her head getting any ideas of him actually being attractive out, though it was hard. She watched him look in the mirror and smiled, he did look pretty interesting with her pernament marker smiley on his face. She freed her hand from his and wrapped it around his side leaning on his shoulder looking into her mirror with him. She was suprised by the girl she saw looking back, it wasn't her normal aloof face or the depresses one but she actually looked honestly happy for once.

Alois looked once again at Adrie when he heard her mutter something, he wasn't really sure if he did hear her right, but in his understanding, the girl said something along the line of it is because of him being a veela, he didn't really quite get what she meant actually. "What do you mean Ad?" He asked, voice full of curiosity.

Alois had had to smirk once more when Adrie had topped saying what she was supposed to be saying when she saw him smile. Her reaction is pretty funny after all. "I know, I know, I'm well aware of it, don't worry, that smile would only be for you..." Alois said, laughing as he suddenly thought about his mom and his cousin. They were the ones who can really bring out that sweet smile from him, he loves them so much after all. Looking at the mirror, Alois run a hand through his black hair, messing with it slightly. "You need to improve with your drawing skills Adrie.." He said, looking at her through the mirror, that is then that he saw that happy face of hers. "That expression really suits you Ad, you need to smile more.." He commented randomly, happy to have the girl as a company.

Gwenneth glanced at Alois before looking away, memories popping up in her mind. "My last boyfriend is part-veela, and well after he graduated he dumped me for some other chick right at the same time my mother was killed," she said unpleasently. She wasn't a fan of talking about emotions or other things that dealt with them so this was a touchy subject for her. "He basically ended all my interest in part-veela males, which is why you have found I'm not going crazy cause you're talking to me or held my hand," she said rolling her eyes thinking of the crazy fan girls.

"Just me? That might get others alittle jealous don't you think? We aren't even more then friends and you've already promised that your smile is just mine, what happens when you get a girlfriend, you won't be able to smile at her you know," she said with a laugh. She actually didn't know what to think about what he said she was in a puzzle. "I think I did pretty good considering you were moving," she said to him looking in the mirror at him. When he turned the tables around on her she couldn't help but blush, she knew she was happy but she didn't want to admit that other times she wasn't, not to Alois at least.

Alois cannot help but to feel sorry and sad for Adrie, it was just too much for him, and for her as well. Alois is the type of person who wouldn't like to see someone cry or feel sad, much more a girl. He had this belief that what suits a girl most is a genuine smile, and happiness of course. NOT heartaches. "He doesn't deserve you then, forget about him.." Alois said bluntly, his tone a little too serious for him. "Not all of us are like that though, but I do see your point...but let me say this Ad, time would heal everything..if that guy dump you, then it's his lost, not yours.." He added, knowing that the topic was a sensitive subject for her. He wouldn't want to push her harder to tell him everything. He'll just be the friend that she could call if ever she needed some shoulder to cry on to.

"Well, I do have different types of smiles Adrie, and I decided that that one was only for you..." Alois said, laughing along with Adrie. It's true though, he had that confident smile, that seductive smile, gentle, sweet..anything really, he'll use one whenever he deems it necessary. "And about a girlfriend? I'm not really sure about that... you see, I have this cousin, and well, she's really picky, more than my mother actually, so it is pretty hard for me to find someone whom I can date.." He added, laughing harder than before as he remembered his cousin back at home. Looking at Adrie through the mirror once again, Alois cannot help but to smirk as he noticed her blush a little. "Adrie, your face is all red.." He said, turning around as he handed the mirror back to her.

Gwen looked at Alois then back to the space infront of them it wasn't a topic she enjoyed very much but atleast everything would be out in the open. "Easier said then done," she admitted to him. For the past couple of months it's been her goal to forget about him resulting in a easy-going ditzy Gwen instead of her Ravenclaw smarts personality. Ad, it reminded her alot of her nickname from her old friends. Of course everyone used the first part of her name at Hogwarts resulting in Gee, then again she didn't swear so it always was Gee Willikers for her, which got her the name.

"Alright, so I'm special in your book then?" She questioned slightly wondering where they stood. Any place was fine with her as long as they were friends, considering she didn't have that many any more. "Cousin?" She asked confused as to what he meant about having a picky cousin. The only cousin she has ever known decided to stick it out a Hogwarts because it was there Grandmother's wish for them to go there, but Gwen left, she had to leave it all. She didn't reply to his last statement just lightly punched his arm before taking her mirror back.

"I know.. but that's reality Adrie, you have to accept it..." Alois said with a shrug, deciding that he would stop talking about the past. It just seems to make Adrie more and more upset after all. "If you don't want to talk about it, then don't, but Adrie, there would be a time when you should be willing to let go of the pain, and someday, you'll sure to meet the person who truly deserves you.." He added, smiling gently once again. His words are true, and he was hoping that it would somehow touch Adrie, making her understand his point.

Laughing at her question, Alois patted the girl on the head once more. "Of course you are, you're my first real friend here in this school after all, am I special to you?" He said, stating what's o his mind. He then have to smirk when she asked about his cousin. Most people do after all. "Yes, I have a cousin and she lives with us, she's 10 so she'll probably be attending either this school or Hogwarts next year, but knowing her, I'm sure she'll pick it here, she's well... how do I say it, she's rather attached to me..." He said, a sheepish smile appearing on his face. He was actually finding it hard to describe his cousin to Adrie, seeing that his cousin's personality is really unpredictable.

Gwen nodded her head, she knew, her father had told her, her old friends told her, her cousin told her, even the lady who came everyday to the Library back home told her. But they cared even jsut a little which is why they told her so she was glad Alois did the same. "Right," she said shortly. Gwenneth was never one for true love and all that jazz but sometimes she wondered if it was true who the guy would be.

She smiled at him happy she found a friend in Durmstrang, it wasn't the most friendly place afterall. "Well, I guess you're sort of special, I don't know..." She left off there with a teasing smile on her face while she looked over at him. She wondered if his cousin was more of a little sister then anything else, it sounded like that. She suddenly remembered an old TV cartoon she used to watch, Phineas and Ferb, Jeremy's little sister Sussie was very protective over him though she could be evil. Gwen wondered if his cousin was the same sort of girl. "Do you think...that she'd approve of me...I mean if we were actually dating," she asked him, though she didn't really mean much by it she just wanted to understand their relationship more and who his cousin did like.

Alois just left it off there when Adrie had finally answered. They're friends already, so there would still be a lot of chances at which he would be able to show her that not all veelas are like that, that time would soon be able to heal the wound that was left by that annoying ex of hers. "Right Ad, just believe in yourself.." He said, wondering whether she trusted him enough to actually believe all the things that he had said to her.

"Great to hear that I'm special... and Adrie, don't make it like a cliffhanger, I'll just pretend that you didn't said that you don't know...it suits me just fine to know that I'm special, don't dampen my spirit now.." He said with a laugh. He's perfectly comfortable with his position in Adrie's life, he's not going to intrude into her life further if she wouldn't want to, he'll wait for the time at which she'll be able to open up herself more. "Approve of you? Well, Adrie, honestly, I don't know, even I myself don't really get how the mind of my cousin works... but you know, you're pretty much alike, you're both feisty, you see there was this time when I introduce a friend of mine to my parents and of course to my cousin, and well, let's just say that it didn't worked the way I planned it to work.." He said, feeling rather embarrassed about talking about that incident, one that he had tried to forget so many times before but can't.

Gwen glanced at him just barely but enough to know he was being honest. At least in his own thoughts it was honest but things didn't always work out right once the thought left the mind, she knew. But she just nodded and let the topic drift away for now, it was too touchy to stay on for very long and she was feeling too happy to get upset now.

"You ruin my entire plan then, I wanted you to feel very dampened maybe I'll jsut have to dump water on you instead," she laughed. Listening to him talk she noticed the change in his voice when he started to talk about his family, it was almost sweet in the way he was embarrassed about the whole thing. "Well maybe I'd convince her to pull some stunt with me and we'd be best friends forever and I'd never hang out with again cause you would be concidered boring next to her," she said thinking of the many different ways the whole introduction could come out. Different possibilites but she found that one the funniest one, she almost wished she didn't say it for now it would never happen that way. "Oh darn, I just told you my plan, ugh," she exclaimed but only kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back