Firn House Hold

Remus noticed the sound of an Owl move into the upper part of the house,he groaned as he even from a distance could see the Insignia, "Great.." he murmured as he stood from his chair and headed over to where the envelope had landed, With Kida. He moved into the room and looked at Kida, "Ministry Of Magic..." he hissed looking at the envelope, "These fellow cause nothing but trouble." her nodded to himself looking at the envelope, "Sorry Kida, That was my fault i don't often remember we are out of school grounds, doesn't click with me." he groaned looking at the floor, "We shall no longer practice your dueling then i Presume." he nodded to her and paced out of the room to the large Marble door that he had told Kida never to go in to. He placed his hand to the door handle and turned it, with a flourish of his hand in front of the door the Lock's opened and he was granted entry. With a large push, his back behind it the door moved slowly along the floor. He got inside and it shut itself when he did, locking him in, so no one could follow. He paced down a long spiral stair case that came first before getting to the bottom and walking through a narrow dark hallway, also made of Marble. This lead to a archway which Remus crossed through and arrived inside a large room with Records of Death Eater's and other beings. It also had a section with Records for the Firn Family. It was the Library of the Firn Family some what, and it was reasonably large, but no where as large as Hogwarts.

Kida saw an owl appear with a letter from a ministry she sighed she saw Remus appear at the door again "well i forgot aswell, i am in the presense of a Professor there should be a Rule allowing that shouldn't there" she said before Remus walked off Kida leaned bak and hit her head on the bar of the bed before sitting up and holding her head "oww" she said holding her head listening to the ringing of the bar and her head while she rubbed her forehead "ow pain" she repeated before she slid off her bed and walked to her bag quickly getting changed into her Skinny jeans, small heel boots and a black shirt, Kida lifted up her shirt slightly before grabbing a bandage and wrapping it around her waist before she tied it tightly and pulling her shirt back down before she slid on her black leather jacket, Kida fixed up the collar before she put on a black head band.
Kida pulled her wand out of the wall an quickly walked over to her bag and grabbed out a small oak wood box with magnificent carvings, Kida looked a her wand for moment before puttng it in the box, she took the key out of the box before she shut the lid and locked the box and slipped one of the two Keys on a chain and put it around her neck, she put another one on another chain and slipped it in her pocket.
Kida opened her door and walked into the hall outside her room, she saw the Marble door close and she turned to the stairs and walked down them, it was time to do her own exploring. Kida saw Farz asleep, Kida went up onto her toes and tried to creap past so that her shoes didn't make a sound, Kida almost slipped on the floor, but she managed to keep her balance and continue to walk to the next flight od stairs, Kida quickly skipped down the stairs into the main room, Kida looked around, there was another cupboard in the room. Kida was tempted to open it but remembered last time what happened. Kida walked past the cupboard but turned back to it for a moment, "Spider in one, Boggart in another, whats in this one" she said looking at it before she tapped her theigh considering looking in it, Kida shook her head and turned around, she looked back for a moment before shaking her head again. Kida walked across the room and knocked on a door before she turned around and looked for the front door, Kid walked over to a door and knocked on it, she opened the door and walked out and looked around outside this place was Huge, Kida left the front door open and walked out furhter and looked around, Kida saw a few wild horses running around in the distance, she hadn't been riding in a while so she decided to head that way, Kida stood in the feild before she saw a forest, Kida thought about it but decided it would be better on the ground right where she was standing.
Kida lay on her bak in the meadow and she relaxed for the first time in ages.

Remus ran his hand along some scrolls that lay on a shelf, 'Death Eaters and Beyond, The Destruction of a Death Eater, Life and its miseries' and then fianlly Remus ran his finger across the last scroll and took it up into his hand where he unrolled it and looked at its Title, 'Luxen Silverback'. He took the scroll up into his hand and walked over to a fire place that was situated in the room. He took up all the scrolls that rested in the room and through them into the fire, when they began to burn immediate. He had no longer any use for them, and he didn't want any one else in the family to continue the famous Family business. Remus shifted his wand into the air and flourished, all the books and parchment glid into the air and cast themselves into the flames before burning to nothing.

Remus walked back through the archway and filed up the spiral stair cased before getting to the door and moving out of it with ease. By this time Kida was some what outside already, and Remus scanned his head to the side to discover the front door open. He paced toward the area to find Kida laying on the floor, "Miss, Frost may i ask what you are doing?" he questioned with a confused look on his face. He stepped out of the house a little more and looked around him, then sent his gaze back upon Kida. He sent his wand into his robes so it was concealed, and brushed his hair back slightly looking at her.

Kida heard Remus' Voice, she opened her eyes and sheilded them from the sun with her hand, Kida smiled and laughed a bit "i was relaxing" she said before shutting her eyes again and lying on the ground "you know Remus ever since you shot yourself, you act different, your no longer.... Fun" Kida said smiling "and you don't need to call me Miss Frost, we're not in school your not my Professor, you don't have to call me 'Miss Frost' all the time" Kida laughed again as she thought of Remus calling her Miss Frost. Kida held her arms up to see If Remus would help her up or not.

Remus looked at her with his most common face, emotionless. He looked at her as she spoke about him calling her Miss Frost and things of the such. Remus ignored the comment grabbing her hand, and ripped her from the floor before letting go of her. "Miss Frost, we are going to head inside for Dinner, Farz has prepared Pig Brains and Sheep's heart." Remus said with a smile as he vanished from sight and ended up in the house sitting at the dining table; Remus had lied, the real meal that was there was a great feast, of vegetables, meats, fruits, sweets and the lot. Remus shifted himself to grab a plate and assigned himself some food. He glanced up and down the table, grabbing a bottle of wine and pouring himself some into a goblet. It moved into the goblet and did not slosh, it was elegantly and perfectly poured.

Remus took up his Goblet and drank from it looking around the room as he awaited Kida's entrance. Farz sat at the table eat at a pigs ear and snarling some what as he did. He was very indulged with the pigs ear and if you were to go any where near him with it in his mouth, you would cop a got clobber in the head.

Kida felt Remus basically rip her off the ground, Kida snarled when he called her Miss Frost again "Call me it again and i'll hurt you" she said being Dead serious. Kida gagged when Remus said Pigs Brain and sheeps heart, Kida Glared at Remus "you CAN'T be serious" she said as she gagged again before she shook her head and followed Remus in, Kida looked around the house and sighed, she had no idea where she was going, Kida walked up a few stairs and smelt the air before she lead herself into the dining room, Kida saw vegetables, meats, fruits and more. Kida's jaw dropped slightly before she shut her mouth, it was like hogwarts. Kida walked in and looked around, Kida saw Remus pour some wine, Kida smirked and moved behind him and leaned over his side and picked up his goblet of wine, she took a small sip and put it down infront of him. "yum good wine" she laughed as she moved back around to his other side she wanted to see his reaction he had to smile some time.

Remus groaned as she picked it up and took a sip. He turned and looked at her as she moved, and took a firm grasp of his Goblet now, he smirked briefly but not too much at all, "Well it should be good Wine, Your father gave it to me." he nodded to her. "On the contrary, every single wine bottle in this room was selected by your father and myself... Or, given to me by him." he nodded to her as he took another sip of his wine and placed it off to the side, furthest from Kida. He looked at her, "Get some food, Put it on your plate, and eat." he said with a little smile once more. He grasped a fork as he placed it into some beef and cut a small piece off with his knife. He looked at it, placed it in his mouth and chewed it, savoring it and then swallowing. He nodded as if he was telling himself that it was good enough to eat.

He shifted his body in the chair to get a little more comfortable and looked out the window. "Mm, I can see you hurting yourself around here..." he said firmly, with his face as it was prior, emotionless. He looked over at Kida from the view he had outside, "Yes... With all these trees around not to mention boggarts and other nasty things around the house, you are not safe." He said as he placed his cutlery down to rest on the plate before leaning back in his chair. He pondered for a moment, "On that point, i don't want you touching anything in this house that your uncertain of, do you understand?" he asked before continuing once she had decided to give him her answer, "That means anything from the smallest box to the largest wardrobe or shelf, do not touch it if you don't know what it is, or does." he said firmly.

Kida smiled when Remus said that her Father picked everybottle of wine in here, Kida picked up a plate and put a selection of salad on her plate before she picked up some meat and put it on te plate before sitting Down. Kida looked around the room and smiled before she picked up a knife and fork and cut up some of the meat before putting a peice in her mouth nd began to eat it.

Kida looked at Remus "i don't hurt myself that much" she said into her plate as the put some lettuce in her mouth, When Remus continued about boggarts and things everywhere around the house Kida sighed, On that point, i don't want you touching anything in this house that your uncertain of Remus said and she laughed as she stood up. "well i have never been in this house before so i guess we are uncertain of everything" she said as she stood up and pushed her chair back, Kida rose onto her toes before she tied her hair up into a pony tail beofre she leaned down and ate with her hands behind her back, Kida ate a cherry tomato before she laughed "i'm not touching anything that i am uncertain of" she laughed.

Remus glared at her as she spoke, and then stood up. "Miss Frost, is there a reason for this smart attitude!?" Growled Remus as he stood from his chair and slammed his hand aggresivley to the table. He glared up from his actions into her eyes, "Sit. Now." he ordered with his hands firmly planted on the table still, his body wait resting in his palms. Surprisingly the way Remus had said the things he just said, they remained is his normal low speaking voice, just slightly louder only a minimal amount though, it was the deliverance he used that made him seem as threatening as he did and all students even family and friends feel that kinds of threatening manner from him. He looked at her, the brown close to black in his eyes piercing her eyes. He sat down to his chair and folded his neatly back so that they fell backward behind him. He took up his fork and pressed into a tomato that was in the salad and placed it to his plate. He bit into the slice of the tomato and savored the taste, then swallowed. He looked at Kida from his position, still looking emotionless as he did when he delivered the words he had just prior.

Kida glared at Remus "No" she said as she looked at him ordering her to sit down, she had taken his new attitude for to long, Kida glared at him "i am Not going to sit down just because you tell me to" Kida looked at him, Before she turned on her heel and walked out the room, her Heels crashed against the floor as she stormed up the stairs and to her room. Kida twisted the door handle and in her frustration, she couldn't open it, Kida let out a frustrated Groan before she took a few steps back and kicked the door furiously, the Door swung off its hinges.
Kida walked into her room and grabbed her bags. Kida picked up her oak box and shoved it in her bag, she grabbed the rest of her stuff and shove it in her bag. Kida put her fingers up to her mouth and let out a high pitched whistle. Nerezza ran from her hiding spot and to her side and Gufo came in through the window.
Kida picked up her two bags and threw them over her shoulders. Kida walked out the door, her boots slammed against the ground again it was quite obvious Kida was pissed off. Kida walked passed the dining room again and back down the stairs. Kida finished all the stairs and headed tothe front door. she threw the door oen and walked down the front path, as far as she knew, she was out of there.

Remus looked at her as she barged off, taking another sip of his wine and then placed the goblet down again. As he noticed her barge down the stairs and onto the front path, he stood from his chair and walked at his regular pace to the front door and looked at her, "If you leave at this time of Night, you will no doubt be attacked by one or two dark Wizard, a death eater or two and the weather conditions are hardly good for flying, Storms are predicted in this part." he said to her with his regular face look on. He placed both his hands to either side of his hip and looked at her, "If you leave now, Dont expect this door to be open in future." he nodded to her, "You go to your fathers the odds he will send you to stay back here with me are large, he knows whats better for you Miss Frost." Remus nodded and looked at all the things she had packed, "Gryffindors these days, hardly have the spirit they should, especially that girl." said Remus to his loyal house elf, but he said it loud enough for Kida to hear, she was always up for a challenge and in the manner he had said it, the implication was clearly a challenging one.

Kida continued to walk down the path, "I Don't Care!" she said as she continued to walk down the path "Fine, let the Dark Wizards attack me i Dont care! i'm out of here" she said as she She flicked her hand and Gufo Flew off Kida continued to walk off "I don't Care if the door is open or not, i'm NOT coming back here, even if Dad sends me back, i'm not going to come back" she called over her shoulder as Gufo Came back with her Broom "I'll Walk, untill i need to fly" she said Again as she tapped her shoulder for Gufo.

Remus looked at her and folded his arms, "Clearly not fit to be a Gryffindor Kida..." he said firmly toward her. Rain began to come down quite heavily now and lighting started, "I think it'd be best you come in, or stay under the shelter out here, frankly you are not my issue at the moment." he said to her with a slightly raised voice. He stepped back into the house, shut the door and allowed it to be open in case Kida requested to come back in. Remus walked up the stairs to her room where he looked at the door. He flicked his hand forward to aim at the door and spoke clearly, "Reparo." and the door mended itself back together with the Hinges and worked better then ever. He closed the door and cleaned the handle with the sleeve of his robe. He slowly made his way down the stairs again to stop in the Kitchen and wave his hand. All the food ion the table flew off it about to hit the floor, before vanishing into the table cloth that fell with it.

Remus walked off to his study where he entered the room, closed his door and sat to his desk and starting reading through some Transfiguration books, he had his wine from earlier in the room and he drunk a little bit of it as he stir the wine with the movement of his hand holding the small glass. He took a sip and cast the glass to rest on the table as he turned the page of the book and continued reading.

Kida continued to walk "YOU wern't a Gryffindor, so who are YOU to say who a gryffindor is" she said over her shoulder as it started to rain Kida pulled her hair out of the Pony tail and contiuned to walk "I'm not coming back" she said as she continued to walk off. she heard the door shut and sigh "thank god, now i don't have to deal with him" she said to herself, Kida looked at Nerezza, Kida stopped and bent down putting her bags down, Kida opened her bag and picked up nerezza and put her in the bag, shutting the top "there you will stay warm in there" she said as her wet hair fell off her shoulder and down onto her face. Kida brushed it back and stood up again, Kida opened her other bag and widened it so that Gufo could sit in there, she folded the flap and rested it on his head "and that will keep your wings dry" she said as she put her bag on her back before carefully putting her other bag on her shoulder, Kida looked back for a moment before she turned around and walked back up the path, she watched the rain bucket down more and more. Kida didn't care. Kida felt the water run down her back and continued to trudge on

Remus yawned to himself as he continued to browse through the book he had in hand, he took another sip of his wine and placed it back down before now shutting the book and casting it onto the table. He stood from the chair and headed out of his office and took a seat in the lounge room where he looked through several photo albums from the old days, which only lasted for about two minutes before he through it down and started reading straight of from the Daily Prophet. When you don't have to much to do at home when not teaching, this was one of those things that kept you entertained. He turned page after page before finding something that appealed to him, and surprisingly not front page news, it was titled - Death Eaters strike Again. It wasn't a very long story and in that case could explain why it was not front page material but it spoke about how many people have been converted to the Side of evil. Remus narrowed his eyes at the text and frowned slightly, "Blasted Dark Wizard." he groaned to himself.

Katherine drove slowly up the road leading towards Remus' house after apparating some of the way from Kida's fathers place, then renting a muggle car to get the rest of the way. Most of the way up, she saw a figure walking in the rain and wiped her foggy window for a clearer view. Upon closer inspection she saw that it was Kida, walking all by herself. Slowing the car to a stop, Katherine took out a black umbrella and opened the car door, stepping out into the muddy road and holding the umbrella over her head to keep herself dry.

She closed the door behind her and began walking up to Kida, taking huge steps at a time to get there faster. "KIDA EVELYN FROST!" She screeched, grabbing her niece by the arm and dragging her towards the car. "How dare you go off to your Godfathers house without telling me! Why didn't you send an owl? Alex and I have been so worried about you! How could you do this too us? I trusted you and there you go, stayed at damn Remus' house without telling anyone except Aeon, and he was reluctant to tell us! You know he likes getting you in trouble!" She continued, opening the back door off the car. "Get inside the car and stay there till I get back!" She said, glaring as Kida and locking it once she was inside.After dealing with her niece, Katherine walked up to path until she came up to Remus' house. Striding up to the door, she bashed three times on it and waited for a response.

Remus walked toward the door as he heard the knocking coming from outside, he groaned to himself as he stopped and headed off to the side to look out the window "Katherine Summers..." He groaned, Leo had told him all about her and her position in the Ministry. He noticed that she was at least some what wet. He headed off to the door and opened it looking at her, his black robes almost blending the the dark background behind him, all that could really be seen was his face as his hair was black and his eyes basically as well. "And what can i deal the pleassure?" he asked with a raise of his left eye brow saying it some what arrogantly. He looked her up and down, "Kida is not here, Left about..." he looked behind him at a clock hanging on the wall, "Five minutes ago?" he nodded. He looked at the woman for a moment more, she didn't really seem to be here to see Remus so of course she was here for Kida, but perhaps she had already found the girl, considering they were coming onto a head on collision if he had presumed the way that Katherine had got here correctly.

Remus looked at the woman for a couple more seconds now, sussing her out, Ministry Official or not it meant nothing he would treat her as he did every one else; impress him and you have his respect displease him and you will never receive it.

Katherine stepped forward as soon as the door had opened and came face to face with the man who had let her niece stay with him without telling anyone. "I know she left, she's in my car! I picked her up after I found her drenched from the rain, walking all by herself. Who do you think you are? Letting a little girl go out in the rain, all by herself in the middle of nowhere! I can't believe Leo made you her 'godfather' when you obviously fail at looking after her! Plus, she's meant to stay with me and my husband every holiday, not here! You could of at least told me where she was! We've been worried sick and didn't find out until my son told us!" She shouted, anger swelling up inside her. "Now, explain to me why she was out there alone in the mud and rain, and more importantly, why she was with you!" She continued to shout, stepping closer and folding her arms across her chest.

Remus glared at her, she raised her voice like anything but Remus stayed calm. In his deep and swift voice as usual he spoke, "Firstly... Learn to take better care of your children and teach them some respect then maybe they would listen to you." he said slowly looking into her eyes, "Accusing me of not sending you a message is nonsense your Son, should be quite capable of telling you considering he attends the same school." Remus nodded calmly looking at her. Remus looked at her, "She was in the rain because she chose to leave, I didn't push her out.". Remus took a breath for a moment, "As for being her God father, it was because im capable, and maybe she does stay with you every holiday... Not any more, learn to show some respect for members of the family who have kept you and your family safe behind the scenes." he grumbled to her. "You'll leave right now or you and your Ministry buddies can try and weasel yourself out of a charge of trespassing, Goodbye." he said firmly slamming the door shut; if the woman didn't move she would be hit head over heels into the mud.

Kida Looked out the car window, she groaned as she ratteled the door handle it didn't budge. Kida lay down across the back seat before she kicked the door with her feet, the car door still didn't budge Kida groaned again and she crawled into the front seat and rumaged around for the unlock button, Kida opened the door and opened the door, the alarm went off Kida freaked and scrambeled into the back seat again. Kida thumped her hands on the window attempting to get some attention.

Katherine stood there in silence as Remus began the speak, hating the calm tone he was using.
Is he calling me a bad parent? She thought, her hands coming into a closed fist. Katherine felt like punching the man right in the nose, but was managing to restrain herself, though it took her alot of effort. Once he had finished speaking, she was about to start shouting at him again when he closed the door in her face. Luckily she just managed to step back in time so the door failed to hit her. "As a matter of fact I'll be making sure she doesn't come anywhere near your house again!" Katherine screeched at the closed door, then stormed off back to the car. "Stupid Remus. Had to come all the way out here in the rain and mud...wrecked my new shoes." She muttered, reaching the car and opening the front door. Once inside, she placed the umbrella on the passenger seat and looked back at Kida. "You are in so much trouble when we get to your fathers, little miss." She said, turning the key in the ignition and driving away from the house.

Kida heard Katherine yell and then walk back to the Car, Kida turned back to the house, half of her Didn't want to leave, and the other Half didn't want to go to Her Aunts and uncles or her Fathers. Kida decided to try and get out of the car, she wasn't going to stay Kida looked at Nerezza and Gufo and smiled.
Kida opened the door and Kida jumped out of the car she rolled into a bush. "ow" Kida said as she rubbed her arm, Kida slowly got up and looked around, 'Run you idiot' Kida thought to herself before her brain kicked in "oh right" Kida took off her boots and started to run, Kida Ran into the Forest and she kept on Running.

Remus moved to the window when he saw the woman at his door steps move back to the car. He noticed a figure roll from the car, getting up and running on into the forest. Remus' eyes opened wide as he ran to the front door and flung it open with speed. He began jogging and worked his way up into a sprint before following her tracks in the rain. The rain crashed on his face, and sliced along his cheeks like daggers. He continued on despite the uncomfortable feeling that moved onto his face. He looked around as he went, "Kida!" he called as he moved through the forest brushing passed some more bushes and then arrived a little deeper in the forest. Remus' eyes moved around the area with him, even being in a some what muggle orientated area the forests were not the safest place to be. His hair drenched and his black robes the same, and not to mention dirty Remus discovered some foot prints and followed them to where he thought he had found a body moving through the forest. He looked at it for a moment but if he waited any longer the being would be long gone, "Kida, Come here." he said so that his voice was heard over the thudding of her feet in the mud and not to mention the heavy rain, "Come back home, and we can set this right." he nodded to her with a smile.

Kida stood on a stick and winced, Kida slipped on her boots again, and continued to walk around, she heard Remus call her, she looked back and started up in a jog again, Kida ducked and weaved through Tree's, she pushed some branches out of her way, Kida slipped a bit and grabbed onto a branch "Woah!" she said before she found her feet and snapped the branch she was holding onto Kida put her hands on the ground to stop her fall, Kida stood up again and continued to jog through the forest Turning back every now and then to check if Remus was near.

Remus grunted, as the girl before him continued to move despite him asking her to return with him. He apparated to her front and landed right near where her next step would land forcing Kida to stop. He looked at her with his hand placed out to his front but slightly off to the side so that if she failed to stop, he himself would stop her with the force of his Palm confronting her shoulder. He looked at her for a moment, "Home, Now if you will." he nodded to her, "Even if you choose not to, i will apparate the both of us back." he said looking at her with a serious look on his face, yet still holding emotionless. He folded his arms in and browsed her wet garments, "Make your decision quick, you could get very sick in these garments." he growled to her; he was always very protective and remained to be, if Kida was in danger he would be the first person to stop anything from happening to her, as he had in the passed behind the scenes, but those times didn't matter, Katherine proved that. Remus unfolded his arms and continued to look at her waiting for what she may have to say to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back