OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Not all Quidditch practice had to be done in the air. Hitting a bludger with both feet planted on the ground was difficult enough, and over time would certainly help improve Analei's aim in the air. Something so repetitive as throwing a ball at somebody over and over again shouldn't have been fun, but Arvel had yet to be bored in Analei's presence, and he doubted that was going to change this afternoon no matter how long they practised. Mostly he was just thrilled she'd made the team. As an alternate, sure - but Arvel had been an alternate last year, and now he was a chaser for real. For real! He was so excited for Analei that he almost kept forgetting about his own good news. "This one's Jacob's head," he said, smirking as he threw the bludger-sized ball as hard as he could.

Analei couldn't believe it. She had expected it, but the feeling was better than she had ever imagined. She had made the team! She couldn't wait to get out there and show the school what she was made of. She was so proud that Arvel was chaser for real, and the two of them went out to practice with each other as soon as they could. Analei had been hitting the balls that Arvel was throwing at her, not having too much of a problem - but then, they were on the ground and not in the air. Still, it was good for her to practice getting her aim right. Analei laughed at Arvel's comment, readying her bat, before smacking it as hard as she could across the pitch. "That felt so good. I can't wait to actually meet him in a proper game. Can the next one be Simon's head?"

The satisfaction upon impact was so great that even Arvel, who didn't have a bat in his hands, felt it. He shielded the sun from his eyes as he watched the ball soar across the pitch, waiting for it to bounce to a stop. Then he summoned back over it with his wand to repeat the process all over again. "I hope you get to play," he said. Arvel hadn't played a single match as an alternate, which had been incredibly disappointing. But thinking about Analei knocking Jacob out made him happy. Arvel frowned, keeping hold of the ball. "I thought you liked Simon."

Analei grinned when Arvel said he hoped she could play. "I definitely think I will. Austin knows how good I am, but I'm also just looking forward to doing practices with the team." She said, beaming. She flung her bat around, getting ready for Arvel's next through, but he didn't throw it. Analei stood straight, shaking her head at Arvel's comment. "You remember how I asked what you thought I should say to him? Well... I had this plan in my head, but it didn't go right, and basically he just said he thought I was weird." Analei mumbled out, a bit embarrassed about it, but mainly angry and confused.

Arvel often wished he had Analei's self confidence - but then again, hers was warranted, his would not have been. He'd only have been setting himself up for disappointment. When she mentioned talking to Simon, Arvel nodded, remembering how she'd asked him for advice - not that she'd taken it. "What?" he said, incredulous. Arvel didn't like Simon very much, but thinking about him calling Analei weird made him furious. "Did he really said that? Like - did he actually say that word?" It wasn't that he didn't believe her - he just couldn't believe anybody would say such a thing about someone so amazing. It was so untrue, he didn't even feel right repeating it to her.

Analei nodded her head in agreement at Arvel's first word. It was mind boggling to the both of them! She was glad he understood. When he asked about Simon calling her weird, she shrugged her shoulders. "Well, he said my poem was weird. Which I think was rude. But that's not even the worst part - a Slytherin girl - Charlotte or something showed up, and he said it all in front of her! Arvel it was so mortifying, I've never wanted to disappear more." Analei shook her head, feeling her cheeks blush. She shared everything with Arvel so she wasn't going to keep it a secret but it was still embarrassing. The Hufflepuff lifted her bat, ready to hit. "So can this one be Simon's face?" She asked with a small smile.

OK, so Analei's poem had been a little forward, but it was totally flattering and Simon should have seen it as a compliment and reacted graciously - not embarrassed Analei in front of one his friends, or whatever. Arvel didn't even feel that triumphant, which he could have done, because he'd always disliked Simon and had made his opinion clear from the start. He was just angry for Analei. And more than that, it pained him to think of how humiliated she must have felt. He kind of wanted to go over there and give her a hug, except that would have been weird. "Yeah," he said, and he threw the ball as straight as he could towards her.

Last edited:
Analei grinned at Arvel when he said the ball could be Simon's face. Readying her bat, she hit it as hard as she could, watching it soar away. "I think that felt better than Jacob's face." Analei laughed. "It's okay though. He's shown his true colors. I think he likes that Charlotte girl or whatever anyway. Especially when he insisted she stayed. And she must like him too, because she even said she wasn't planning on going anywhere! And they say I'm weird!" Analei said, swinging her bat in a loop. "But it's his loss, I'm not weird, I'm fantastic." Analei teased, trying to lighten the mood and boost up her self esteem while she was at it, as it had been low lately.

Arvel grinned as the ball sailed off over the pitch, though his smile soon fell as she continued to talk about Simon and Charlotte. They sounded pretty perfect for each other. Analei deserved far better than that. She deserved somebody funny and kind, who would listen to her, appreciate her thoughtful gestures, return them. "True," he said, a ghost of his smile returning as he recovered the ball. "I didn't really like him, anyway." It was kind of a shame Arvel would never be good enough for her. That she would never like him. Anyway, he'd kissed Nixon, so he was probably gay - that was how it worked, right? "Can this one be Nixon?"

Analei felt a smile grow on her face when her friend agreed with her, glad that Arvel didn't think she was weird too. She shrugged her shoulders when he said he didn't like Simon - Analei gathered this, but she was sure she'd prove Arvel wrong. "Well, we're both on the same page now." Analei laughed. It was always easier seeing things from the outside - when you weren't infatuated with the person. The blonde nodded her head emphatically when Arvel asked if the next hit could be Nixon. "Let me at him!" Analei replied, swinging her bat as hard as she could against the ball. She was sure it was the hardest she had hit it - she felt more rage at Nixon than she did for Simon. She waited for Arvel to come back with the ball, before asking "How are things with Wendy? Bell?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back