OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Over the past year or two, there have been a handful of good ideas for extra roleplaying forums on HNZ - however due to ZetaBoards software bugs/limitations, and a desire not to overwhelm the board index, many of them had to be passed up on.
With the recent bug fixes to ZetaBoards, and the re-organization of forums that came as a result of that, we are able to add additional roleplaying forums to the Hogwarts Castle, grounds, and maybe a few other places.

So - did you have an idea for a roleplaying forum that would be useful which doesn't yet exist in any form? If you do - please post it here and I'll think it over, possibly discuss it with other site staff, then it may well be added. :)

Please note that this isn't about adding extra forums for the sake of extra forums. If you genuinely think a roleplaying area is missing and would be used if it was created, then please share it here. :) However, if you just think it'd be neat but perhaps it serves no real purpose (like adding a forum for the mermpeople's under-lake city, which would rarely ever be used) then please don't post.

Thanks a lot,

~Nick

Well I kinda thought of a place and currently I'm using it now... It's in Europe and it's called Raven's Root, it's a beach resort magically enchanted so that the weather remains perfect all year round... I think that a Vacation spot in New Zealand that is similar might be enjoyable for the people on HNZ!

I honestly think we've covered about everything as far as areas to RP go. I can't think of anything, and I am satisfied with them all.

I like Brian's idea of a Vacation Spot. It could be used for honeymoons, weddings ect.

((By the way, Brian. OMGHSHUSJ Henry looks amazing. :D ))

Maybe a park just off of Obsidian Harbor? A wizarding one?

How bout being able to go on the rooftop? Older students at least? I also like Amanda idea park be cool :)

I think we have enough forums in Hogwarts. And I agree with Brian, that'd be good to have a beach.
With HNZ being centred around NZ though, could we not find something to add here? I know theres Brightstone/Makutu/Obsidian. Maybe another holiday spot here?

I think a courtyard just outside the front doors of the castle would be a nice addition, like they do in the HP movies :)

I like the courtyard idea, not too sure on the beach area though. *shrugs*
Well, I do think we have enough holiday places. ;)

I always thought that maybe a few bathrooms would be fun to have around along with some empty classrooms. I like Amanda's park idea or even a resort or two for people to go to. Nothing too much is really needed. :D

Lily Drage said:
I always thought that maybe a few bathrooms would be fun
I've thought about that a fair deal, too. But the idea kind of scares me. A lot.

Oh good, so I'm not the only one whos thought about bathroom forums. But do we want them? I mean they wouldn't be very much used. If people want to RP in a bathroom they currently post in a corridor, si?

Okay so I've thought of two places the first of course is the beach resort and the second is another forest I've decided to post the description that I thought up here.

Raven's Root: A Beach Resort that has been Magically enchanted so that the whether is perfect all year round. Come and stay at the ten story wizard only hotel where you can enjoy our complete selection of entrees and other fun activities. We even have a special Cruise ship that travels both on the water and under the water and a playground for the little ones to play at, finally everyday we have our firework's festival so come make reservations today!

Thornwood Forest: Located on the southern island of New Zealand Thornwood Forest is home to many dark creatures both of land and of sea. Several Lakes and even a few abandon cottages from the old days litter the ground. The forest has been enchanted so the muggles do not come however has been known to be a hiding spot for criminals, death eaters, and any who wish to discuss their business complete and away from the eyes and ears of others, as long as they are careful enough to avoid the creatures within.

So as you can see these two spots are really for adult use, I figured the student characters have enough places to RP in and these two would be interesting places to RP in and with.

Dervish Green Jr. said:
I think we should have a Hogwarts Scotland. We have a Durmstrang and a Beauxbatons but no HS. Students there just seem to post in United Kingdom. Just a thought.
Due to HNZ's former sister site, absurd (and sometimes continuing) drama that was involved with it, and the worry of confusion between which "Hogwarts" we would refer to when simply saying "Hogwarts" on HNZ - Livvy and I agreed that no school forum would be created for Hogwarts Scotland, and no special group afforded for them either.

Perhaps in the future we'll reconsider, but with Livvy gone at the present time I don't want to go against a joint decision like that, and (as I've said) there have been other problems in the past few months with the former sister site and for me, at least, I don't feel comfortable even trying to incorporate a Hogwarts in Scotland on to HNZ.

Nicolas King said:
Dervish Green Jr. said:
I think we should have a Hogwarts Scotland. We have a Durmstrang and a Beauxbatons but no HS. Students there just seem to post in United Kingdom. Just a thought.
Due to HNZ's former sister site, absurd (and sometimes continuing) drama that was involved with it, and the worry of confusion between which "Hogwarts" we would refer to when simply saying "Hogwarts" on HNZ - Livvy and I agreed that no school forum would be created for Hogwarts Scotland, and no special group afforded for them either.

Perhaps in the future we'll reconsider, but with Livvy gone at the present time I don't want to go against a joint decision like that, and (as I've said) there have been other problems in the past few months with the former sister site and for me, at least, I don't feel comfortable even trying to incorporate a Hogwarts in Scotland on to HNZ.
I'm just going to say, I agree with Nick.
Henry Drake said:
Nicolas King said:
Dervish Green Jr. said:

I'm just going to say, I agree with Nick.
I would also like to add that by creating a Hogwarts Scotland you are likely signing yourself up to create the rest of the things associated with the Scotland area such as Diagon Alley and Godric's Hollow which would simply be unnecessarily and annoying, it would cause alot more problems than benefits to have all of that on a site that supposed to be primarily about New Zealand.

I like Brian idea with the forest that would be epic to have, but I also would like somewhere the muggels sports club can play? Maybe a gym area so we do instrumental sports, like a sort of the school were you can play all of them, plus a basketball court if that's okay? Not sure if it will do anything but I'm very fond of the idea, since we can't take field trips to muggel sports events and the point is muggel sports clubs.

Also...Bringing back the room of requirements! I miss that room >(

Victor Crimson said:
Also...Bringing back the room of requirements! I miss that room >(
It's still here. Just hidden.
Before every student found it, which wasn't very canon. Now it takes skill. :r

I think I may have to re-adjust the clues, but it's still there. xD

Nicolas King said:
How do we find it? o.o First clue starts where? lol

Selwin Snape said:
Nicolas King said:
I can't tell you that, silly. :tut:
But the first clue is definitely RoR related. It's not like some random hover text over something. xD

Nicolas King said:
Selwin Snape said:
Nicolas King said:
I can't tell you that, silly. :tut:
But the first clue is definitely RoR related. It's not like some random hover text over something. xD
Lol. xD Leave it to Nick to make clue's impossible to find. lol

I genuinely wouldn't bother yet, though.
I think at least one step was b0rked with the IF to ZB conversion... I've been meaning to check on that for over a year. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back