Exhibition Game (closed to non-team members)

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
We have been talking about this off and on for awhile, but I figured that it was time to just try it and see what happens. Basically, all available members of the two teams who are interested in trying out how to play quidditch using the point system are encouraged to report to the pitch and we'll try and simulate a game. It will take place over the next week (i.e. post whenever you can) and we will do our best to try and keep it going.

I think the idea is basically to role play your activity and then add/deduct your quidditch points at the end of each post. I think it would be helpful for everyone to begin each post with team name and position to keep things as clear as possible. Everyone playing will be given 200 imaginary quidditch points to use during the game (note:they are imaginary and neither additions nor deductions will have any relevance on the real games).

I will post after this to show you how I think it is expected to work (I will ask Alicia to take a look over it and clarify anything that is not accurate.). For the seekers, I apologize, but the snitch can not and will not be released until such time as we know you are both online at the same time and all of the other players have had a chance to try out some moves.

*** GAME INTRO ***

Lee Jordan (Guest Announcer) : "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this exhibition match between the fabulously attired Opaleye Assault in their Crimson, Silver and Black Uniforms and that rag tag bunch known as the Valkryies at the other end of the pitch.

Our guest referee for today's match is Mr. Ronald Weasley, the fiery redhead and former Gryffindor Keeper from back in the glory days of Gryffindor Quidditch. Let's hope he can remain impartial, what with all of the relatives that he has on the pitch today. Mr. Weasley has just finished giving final instructions to the Captains, this year's reigning Quidditch MVP Liz Malfoy of the Valkryies and the Assault's charismatic Bruin Dumbledez, last years top student here at Hogwarts New Zealand.

The players have taken their positions and the referee has just released the four balls. The Snitch has immediately shot from our line of sight, the Quaffle has been sent in a high arc at midfield and the bludgers, well, the bludgers seem to have each decided upon making a point with the captains as one is headed directly for Bruin and the other is on a clear path to Liz...this should be terribly exciting...enjoy the game folks!!!

Team: Opaleye Assault
Position: Beater

Bruin was so excited, but didn't have anytime to enjoy the moment noticing that one of the bludgers was headed straight for him. As the bludger approached, Bruin noticed that the Valkryies Seeker was not to far away, slightly above him and off to his left. Bruin raised his beater bat in his right hand and swung away, sending the bludger off on a direct path for the opponent's seeker.

Action: Hit Bludger (-30 points)
Points Remaining: 170 points

(((Im assuming Im playing seeker in this game)))
Position: Seeker

Zoe walked onto the quidditch pitch with the rest of the team. They lined up and on the blow of the whistle, she flew up with the rest of her team. She flew up in her normal spot, where she hovered during practise, and she looked for the snitch.
She saw a couple of glimmers, but then realised they were a trick of the eye.
She began to circle around a little bit in the air, and saw Bruin hit a bludger towards the opposing teams seeker. She chuckled a little bit. Then she saw it.
The snitch! I think that is the golden snitch! She was thankful that Bruin would get the other seeker distracted by the bludger, and she raced towards the snitch. More of a glimmer of light, she was quite sure it was the snitch, and followed the glimmer around the pitch.

Action: None
Points Remaining: 200

(((Yes Zoe...you're the seeker...not sure if River will be able to join us, but if she does she can play chaser)))

For everyone else, feel free to add yourself in as you feel able. Sorry for any confusion about this thread, but it is meant for us to get some practice using the point system.

Estrella watched the quaffle with a determined gaze as it was thrown into the air, hovering by the hoops she was guarding. Any chaser who thought they could get past her was in for a challenge.

Points Remaining: 200

Caysi walked onto the pitch and saw the people in the crowds looking down at her team. She flew up with the rest of her team.She saw the quaffle being passed around but she never got it. She dived in for it and waited for it to be passed to her.

Action :Nothing.
Points Remaing : 200

(((Okay, I'm the Valryies alternate Keeper, am I supossed to play, or am I supposed to watch, or what did you want me to do??)))

Hilary Grace said:
(((Okay, I'm the Valryies alternate Keeper, am I supossed to play, or am I supposed to watch, or what did you want me to do??)))
((I am very confused as to how this is working. I am also the Valkyries Keeper. Are both Hilary and I suppose to post as Keeper?))

(((I think we are doing the regular players, not subs. I could be wrong tho.)))

Team: Valkyries
Position: Chaser

Kiera walked onto the pitch with her teammates. It was a nice day for the scrimage. Kiera grinned as the ref blew the whistle to begin the game. Kiera kicked off the ground hard as she could. She kept her eye on the Quaffle that had been thrown up in the air. Kiera quickly snatched it out of the air with a determined speed. She headed for the oppisite goal post and looked for Ford or Caysi to be open and ready to catch the Quaffle.

Action: caught Quaffle
Points Remaining:190

((i think youre supposed to be the keeper Sophia because you are the orginal keeper...i could be wrong though))

((((I asked the headmistress and she said something about a switchoff or.....idn I was confused, Bruin what are we supposed to do?))))

kendall kept a close eye on the quaffle and noticed that kiera was the first one there.. she then darted off after her, in hopes of getting the quaffle back for her team..

action: none
points remaining: 200

Lily saw Kiera take off with the quaffle. She took off after her hoping to be in a position to intercept or rebound at some point.

(((OOC - I would guess that Sophia should be the keeper, at least to start the game and perhaps, Hilary could play chaser or beater if one of your other team members isn't able to play. Alternatively, seeing as it is an exhibition game, perhaps the two of you could switch after each goal scored??? The whole intent is just to get an idea how the posting and game flow will go. I'm hoping that this will help clear up some of the confusion about game play, not add to it.

It would be helpful for clarity if at the start of each post you clarify your team and position)))

team: Valkyries
position: seeker
action: none

Faciln had walked onto the pitch, recently informed that he was to be the teams new seeker. He took flight on his Firebolt as the exhibition game had already started and started doing the very thing he was meant to do, seek the golden snitch.

Position: Alternate

Hilary stood on the sidelines, waiting to see if someone had gotten hurt or if a substitution was called. She was dressed in her uniform and ready to play if Liz felt the need.

Team Opaleye Assault
Position Beater
Points 200

Murtagh flew up as the quaffle and bludgers and snitch were released and flew around a little looking for a bludger to hit.

Action
Points 200

(( OOC

Valkyries

Seeker- Faciln Delaroche
Chaser- Kiera Kingsley
Chaser- Caysi Finnegan
Chaser- Ford Harkonnen
Keeper- Sophia Stark
Beater- Courtney Potter
Beater- Liz Malfoy

Sorry about the delay! I've been sick in r/l >.< Ahoy my teammates! Pay close attention to the game, and have some fun!))

Position: Keeper

As soon as all of the balls were released, Sophia zoomed on her Firebolt over to her goal posts, mentally preparing herself for the game ahead of her. She stayed centered around the middle post, but drifted left and right every now and again, as she had nothing else to do really. In watching the match, she saw that her team had the quaffle. Sophia kept her eye on the quaffle, in case it were to fall into the hands of the other team.

Action Taken: None

Ford, seeing that Kiera had the quaffle and was heading towards the hoops, kicked his broom towards hoops at full speed. He was skimming the ground, the tips of the grass pelting the toes of this boots, until he was immediately infront of the bludgers, at which point he pulled up immediately, angling his broom slightly beyond the horizontal in order to kill his forward momentum while at the same time propelling himself upwards. He looked backwards, towards the pitch, hoping that Kiera would toss him the quaffle.

Actions taken: none

Kera saw Ford ahead of her and open for a catch. He watched her waiting for her move. Kiera grinned at him as she threw the Quaffle straight at him. It was a perfect pass. She took off as soon as she threw it, trying to get closer to the goals.

Action: threw the Quaffle (-20)
Points remaining: 170

Position: Seeker

Zoe flew towards that glimmer she had seen, only to realise it was a reflection of the sun, and flew back to her regular post, above all the action, as she kept an eye out for the snitch, and any bludger that may be headed her way, along with the game, and saw Kiera throw the quaffle, hoping someone may interfere.

Kendall noticed kiera had thrown the quaffle, so she immediately set off, hoping to intercept it... she flew as fast as she could, and barely made it there in time, grabbing the quaffle from the air.. she turned to the opposite end of the field and darted off, hoping that there was someone down at the opposite side she could pass to.. she made sure to tuck the ball into her chest, as she had recently learned, to protect it from getting grabbed....

Action: Catch Quaffle (-10)

Caysi went up to Kendall and waited for her to pass to someone so that she could grab it and go back and get it threw the hoops.

Team: Valkryies

Lily headed down twords the goal where Sophia was on guard. She was keeping herself open for Kendall, hoping to stay ready for her to pass when the time was right. She noticed that Caysi was on Kendall, waiting to intercept any toss. Lily hoped that one of her team's beaters would be able to distract Caysi.

Action: none

Users who are viewing this thread

Back