Exhibition Game (closed to non-team members)

OOC- I like the way things seem to be working, although I realize that the extended time between posts kills the interest. For clarity, I will copy Liz's team list idea.

Opaleye Assault Starting Line-Up

Seeker- Zoe-Hope Weasley
Chaser- Kendall Whiteford
Chaser- Lily Potter
Chaser- Rose Weasley, Ryan Weasley or River Tamn (basically whoever posts first)
Keeper- Estrella Drage
Beater- Murtagh Malfoy
Beater- Bruin Dumbledez

Last time I checked both bludgers were headed towards Liz so I'll wait until she or one of the other beaters changes their course.

team: OA
pos: chaser

kendall faked a pass, hoping this would throw off caysi, who was guarding her... she then pulled upwards, continuing to move forwards and found what she thought was a perfect opportunity to pass to lily.. she threw the ball as hard as she could in lily's direction, hoping she could catch it before anyone else snatched it out of the air...

action: pass (-20)

Team: Valkyries
Position: Beater

Liz lifted her bat, eyes leveling with the bludger zooming her direction. Glancing around the field, she looked for the best target.

Her eyes found Lily, who had the quaffle coming at her from Kendall.

She hit a bludger at Lily, hoping to stop her from catching the quaffle, and enable Ford, Kiera, or Caysi to intercept. It sped towards Lily with a thundering BOOM from the impact on the bat.

action: Hit bludger (-30)

Hilary watched closely the way the game was panning out, and waited to see if any of her team members would try to intercept the quaffle. Hilary was ready to play any position Liz threw at her but for now was contempt with just watching the action.

Position: Alternate

Team: Opaleye Assault
Position: Chaser

Lily saw Kendall fake a pass to throw off Caysi, and then pass the ball in her direction. She caught the quaffle and tucked it in so it would be protected. Just as she looked up, she noticed the bludger coming right for her. Darn that Liz! she thought with a laugh as she moved as fast as she could out of the way, just feeling it as it passed less than an inch from her shoulder. Lily repositioned herself to be able to see who would be able to be open and close to the hoops to pass to.

Action: caught quaffle (-10)
dodge bludger (-5)

Position: Keeper

Sophia had been keeping her golden eyes focused closely on Kendall and Lily, waiting for one of them to make a move toward her. She had positioned herself before the center hoop, on edge and ready to make a move to the left or right if needed.

Action Taken: None

Hilary was very interested in the game at this point an felt as focused as if she was on the pitch. She kept up her focus and watched especially what the chasers and keepers were doing on the pitch.

Position: Alternate

Caysi couldn't beleive that Lily had taken the ball so quick. But Caysi knew that she would catch the quaffle sooner or later even if she was on Lily's tail.

Team : Valkryies.
Position: Chaser.

Team : Valkryies.
Position: Chaser.

Kiera quickly flew between the chasers and their goal. Maybe she could startle them.... Kiera dove down suddenly disappearing from the line of view. She glanced at Ford. He might know what she was doing since she did the same thing to him at a practice. She waited until Lilly almost reached her. Then she pulled sharply on the broom and rised fast. She was now face to face with Lilly, maybe she would drop the Quaffle.

Action:None

Lily was watching where Kiera went as she dove down out of sight and then shot back up right in front of her. She would have been so startled that she would have dropped the quaffle if she hadn't been ready for anything. Lily pulled up and headed higher into the sky, right over Kiera's head. She flew twords the goals, getting closer, wondering if she should look for someone to be open or if she should go for it. Sophia was hovering over the middle hoop, ready for her. She looked around to see if anyone was open.

Action: none

Sophia kept her golden eyes locked on Lily, staring intensely at her. She continued to hover before the center hoop, ready to move when necessary and not a moment before or after.

Action: None

team: Valkyries
position: seeker

Faciln had been keeping an eye out for the Snitch, thinking he saw flashes of it here or there. Unfortunetly they had just been reflections of the sun off things as he flew around actively looking for it. He was ready to take off at a moments noticed should he see the snitch.

action: none

(((okay i need to clarify something. the points say if i make a goal it is -50, but isn't me making a goal up to the keeper for the other team, aka sophia? so if i make a throw on the goal, do i deduct the points as if i made the goal or do i just skip points until the keeper decides if we scored or not? i just kinda wanna stop flying around with the quaffle and have the game move forward, ya know? :D )))

(((hmmm- good question, we've always basically given the keeper the opportunity to make a play on the ball in practice and decide whether they make the save or not. I'll send off a note to Alicia and the Quidditch Consultant to see what they think, personally I think we could let the keeper make the decision...at some point they will run out of points to make saves and have to let the odd goal in...

For now, maybe you could post it like you score and deduct the 50 points and then add them back if the keeper uses their points to make a save???)))

Position: Seeker

Zoe had been flying around a little bit, watching the game, when something scraped right past her nose. What was that? maybe it was the snitch! She thought to herself, as she looked to see what it was, and chased after the unknown object.

Action Taken: None

Caysi looked at Lily hopefuly she would drop the ball and Caysi could zoom towards it.

Team: Valkryies.
Points..200..

(((okay, per my conversation with Bruin a few posts above, this is how I am posting it. If there is an issue, I will edit, but until further notice, this is my post.)))

Lily moved twords the goal hoops. Sophia was covering the middle ring, ready for whatever came her way. Lily flew twords the left, then faked moving to the right, and thru the quaffle to the left hoop, bouncing it off the edge and then finally thru.

Lily cheered, and then turned and headed back twords the other goal to help on defense.

Action: make goal (-50)

((The points for Keepers are awful. But that is merely my opinion.))

Sophia locked her eyes on Lily, following her every move and calculating in her mind. She smirked as Lily faked, easily swerving to her right, Lily's left, and caught the quaffle. With an evil smile to Lily, Sophia threw the quaffle to Caysi.

Action: Blocked Goal

Caysi caught the quaffle from Sophia and she zoomed to the the other teams hoops. She didn't see anyone to pass it to, so she kept on going to the hoops hopefully no one will take the quaffle away from her.

Action: Catch quaffle
Team: Valkryies

Lily realized that Sophia caught the quaffle at just the last minute. Darn her for being so skilled! she thought. Lily directed her movement twords Caysi, hoping to snag the quaffle back from her.

(((eta to add points back to total)))

(Lily, don't forget to give yourself your points back seeing as Sophia made that spectacular save)

Position: Beater

Bruin was sizing up a bludger when he noticed Caysi streaking down the pitch with the quaffle just below him. He spun around quickly and delivered an overhand strike to the bludger sending it careening off in her direction.

Action: Hit Bludger (-30 points)
Points Remaining: 140 points

Caysi saw the bludger and moved to the left hoping that it would pass her, which it did and she was very lucky at the moment.She was so close to the hoops she could feel that she was going to make it. She was so close she could kick it with the tail of her broom. She tossed it in the air and she kicked it of her broom and it went through the hoop with a clash. " WOHO!". she said.

Action: Making a goal
Team: Valkryies

AND

Action: Dodging a bludger ( -5)

(( Caysi dodged the bludger it would appear, but should post -5 points for dodging the bludger and -50 for scoring a goal, if in fact Estrella decides not to save it...see Lily and Sophia earlier... we will definetly need a ref to clarify the goal scoring thing and ensure a standard format for posting point usage))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back