OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Arthur
Kiara had been tossing around for too long now, she was always trying to find the best excuses to don't actually learn something she really needed. She had read up everything for Charms, Herbology, and Arithmancy, as it was her favorite lessons, but she didn't repeat anything for Potions, DADa, Astronomy, Muggle Studies, and any other lesson she had enrolled to. So here she was, actually trying to catch up with something, only it was clear that it wasn't leading anywhere. On the table, in front of her, there were several opened books, a lot of notes, pens, and even papers with little drawings that were the clearest proof that she wasn't in the mood to actually do something. Even now she was simply drawing the professor Watson, instead of reading potions. Didn't she already know a lot? And she still had a lot of time to catch up with everything, it wasn't like OWLs were on the next week. There was enough time to finish sketching all the professors in her notes. Also, she called over Chloe to hang out with her and she hoped that Chloe will either motivate her to learn or will help her get fully distracted from her school work.

Chloë had to admit she'd be keen on delaying any sort of studying or revising for a little while longer now that she was back at school, but she knew she had to get some sort of start at it sooner rather than later. Especially since OWL year meant she'd have to revise every single one of her classes at the end of the semester, which was a lot more work than she had to do in any of her previous years. When Kiara had asked her if she wanted to go over some stuff together she hadn't been able to say no though, figuring it would probably be a good way to get her going. Either that or they'd both just end up chatting away and not doing anything at all, which honestly was what she was hoping on a little bit. Even if she knew that wasn't the smartest thing to do. Still, they hadn't been back at school for too long yet so there was plenty of time to catch up with her classes from last semester before OWLs would actually come lurking around the corner. "Hey!" Chloë smiled as she had made her way into the stundent lounge and had headed over to where Kiara was sitting. "Is that.. professor Watson?" She asked as she leaned forward to take a peak at what she was drawing. "Why are you drawing a professor?" She asked curiously, raising an eyebrow as she did and wondering if she might be crushing on him. That would definitely keep them from doing any sort of studying whatsoever.

Last edited:
Kiara was slowly coming to finishing the sketch as she heard an expected voice, she looked up and cheerfully started to smile. "Chloe! Hi!" Kia lightly moved to give the Gryffindor a place next to her on the couch. After the question, she looked back at her sketchbook, then back at Chloe, and lightly giggled. "Yes. Yes, it's him." she approved Chloe's question and then started to think about how to answer the next question. Why she was drawing him? Actually, she was glad that she asked that and it kept them away from learning. "First, he is really cute," Kiara admitted and giggled again. It wasn't exactly a crush, but she did see that he was overly cute for a grown-up man, and also he was actually intelligent, she loved people who were actually intelligent. "Second, I was trying to read something for potions and ended up drawing him, instead of potions." she laughed and then cheerfully smiled. She was crushing on someone else, not a professor, but if there wasn't that one person, she would actually have a crush on professor Watson. "Oh, and third, I am shipping him with my aunt!" somehow she knew that they won't be, but they would actually be so cute. "We are lucky that I wasn't trying to revise DADA," the Ravenclaw joked and moved the books away from her, trying to not think about learning actually.

Chloë happily plopped down on the sofa next to Kiara when she scooted over to create some space for her, still focussed on the drawing she was making. She let out a soft laugh when Kiara admitted she thought the professor was cute. He was good looking for sure, there was no denying that. "Fair. That makes sense." She nodded when Kiara explained she had started drawing instead of actually revising. That definitely made it more likely that they wouldn't get any work done today as well. Which was honestly a bit of a relieved. She wouldn't have been bothered if they actually did end up studying, but she had to admit she wasn't exactly motivated to do so. "It's honestly really good." Chloë nodded appreciatively. When it came to her own skillset and the things she was good at drawing wasn't even anywhere near that. Or anything creative, really. That just wasn't her cup of tea. "Your aunt? You have an aunt at school?" She asked, immediately curious what that would be like. Her uncle was a teacher, sure, but she couldn't imagine what it would be like to just see him casually wandering around the hallways. It had to be at least a little weird. She let out a loud laugh at what Kiara said next, quickly covering her mouth with her hand to suppress her laughter. "That might've been more of a challenge though." She spoke a little softer than usual. It wasn't as if it was a lie though, having to draw professor Styx and how serious he always looked surely had to be more difficult. "So no revising?" Chloë chuckled when Kiara shoved her books away, not even having put in the effort to take her own out of her bag.

"But he is! By the way, he is single, graduated from Hogwarts in Scotland, he also taught there and he is cancer." Kiara laughed as sharing all the information she had found out about the professor. How much a girl could do when she was interested. She had a few more things but it would make question way too much and she wasn't even sure how she found out that. "Thank you. I finished art school in France." she excitedly smiled, she surely was proud of graduating from that school. "I do. The new professor Stark. I mean, she is surely my favorite aunt but I don't want to have someone who can control me as easily," she cheerfully chuckled and tilted her head. She actually hadn't met aunt Nora for at least 3 years, but Nora had the same personality as Kaia and Kiara, so they got along perfectly. Except for those days when aunt made her study for overtime, Kia absolutely hated overtime work. And as Chloe covered her own mouth, Kiara covered too and tried to keep away from laughing. "It wouldn't be that much challenge as fear of opening that sketchbook again." the Ravenclaw started to laugh and pressed tightly hand to her mouth, as trying to don't let herself make a sound. "Better not," she giggled at that and closed the book finally.

Chloë looked at Kiara with a bit of surprise when she started naming facts about the professor she was drawing. She opened her mouth for a second to say something, before closing it again and just staring at the girl for a second. "Is this where you tell me you have some sort of weird obsession with professor's private lives?" She asked half-jokingly, although admittedly she was still a bit confused about why she seemed to know these little facts about the man. Or why, mostly. "No way! That's pretty cool." She smiled when Kiara mentioned something about art school in france. No matter how long she had been in new zealand, pretty much any school in france sounded good to her. She loved hogwarts, obviously, but she'd be lying if she said she never wondered what it would've been like to be taught in french. Chloë formed an 'o' with her mouth when the girl told her about her aunt, letting out a soft chuckle at what she said next. "God no, that would be so disappointing." She nodded at the mention of control. She loved her family and she knew there were multiple kids at the school who had parents or other family member walking around as professors, but she had to admit she wouldn't be too keen on something like that happening to her.

Chloë grinned when Kiara closed her final book, meaning she definitely wasn't planning on doing too much studying today either. It had been nice to have a conversation with her during rose deliveries, even more so because she spoke french, and she was happy to hang out with her some more. She could never have too many friends after all. "You went to beauxbatons, right?" She asked, pretty sure about that fact but still wanting to make sure anyways. "What's that like? Is it as much fun as hogwarts? I mean my brother always says it's a lot better and I always disagree, so.." Chloë chuckled, happily grabbing the opportunity to get an opinion from someone who has been at both of the schools.

Kiara started to laugh and lightly nodded head to the side as saying maybe. "I would prefer to say that I love searching up on people I find cute, but can't ask them anything because they are way too old or there is any other reason to don't do that," she giggled as saying that. Before Beaux, she had always been the one that had everything on her phone, she always knew everything, even if she didn't want to, but it just came in addition to being a therapist friend and being overly social. "That is! Now if I decide to enroll in any Art University or academy, I will surely get my place there. It's actually amazing," Kiara didn't skip any chance to talk more as she was given one. Of course, she knew that she wasn't going to enroll in Art University, but who could try to not let her dream? Her future was clear unless she messes up in exams, but she was sure that she was going to achieve what she wants. "That is! At least it's good that she is not our professor, but to younger years," Kia chuckled at that, no matter how much she loved her family, she knew how professional they all became when it came to working and who loved their relatives when they were at their work? Literally no one, they were boring and controlling, no fun.

As Chloe started to ask questions, Kia cheerfully smiled. No one had asked her about her previous school even that much, Daintree only asked did she take part in any club there and what did they have and Iris asked what it was like. "I did actually! Until the fourth year, that year I started here," Wood seemed overly excited to talk about that and she actually was. It was a good memory. "Before I start to talk about that, I love Hogwarts too! However, Beauxbatons is a literal dream. Like they took it out of a fairytale. There were so majestic gardens and fountains. We literally had Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel Fountain! And the landscape, it's so beautiful! Beaux was surrounded by mountains. Wood nymphs and their serenades, and non-melting ice sculptures in Christmas time. Our uniforms are.. no, were... pale blue and were made of silk! If we meet up in the summer, I can show it to you, it's so beautiful." Kiara happily babbled and seemed so dreamy talking about the previous school, and after that felt like she had to make up for that, but she wasn't sure how and ended up with a thought that Chloe will understand her. "Living and learning there was a literal fairytale, but being here is more like a perfect real-life what is surely amazing too. Oh, and if I am not wrong, then you're roommates with Vivienne Hoshino and I and Vivi were classmates before Hogwarts. Looks like we are back to that title," the Ravenclaw excitedly giggled as mentioning Hoshino.

Chloë didn't know Kiara all too well yet but she definitely seemed easy to get along with, so she was glad they had found some time to hang out more. She snorted when the girl explained she just liked looking up information on people who she couldn't exactly ask for that information. At least that could prove to come in useful sometime. If she ever needd information on someone she was sure she could ask Kiara. "Wow, that's awesome." She nodded when Kiara mentioned art university. Muggle university hadn't ever been something she had even considered but she knew there were always people who did and having such a good prospect of getting in sounded quite reassuring. If the other girl was even planning on enrolling. "I guess that makes it a little more fun." She smiled at the mention of her aunt teaching the younger years, which meant they wouldn't have a lot to do with her. That sounded better than the idea of being taught by a relative.

Chloë listened on curiously as Kiara started talking about how amazing beauxbatons apparently was. She was glad she had been so happy there, but it also made her wonder if perhaps she should've just stuck with her brother's stories. He always mentioned it was pretty and cool and all, but never went into so much detail. It made her wonder whether he never did because he knew how appealing the school would sound to her, which would've definitely made her want to go there when she was younger. Right now it still sounded good, but she couldn't imagine trading in hogwarts for any other school. Even more so because all of her friends were right here with her. "That sounds wonderful." She smiled when Kiara finished talking about beauxbatons, genuinely meaning it. She chuckled when the girl moved on to say she liked being at hogwarts as well in a whole lot less words than she had used to describe her previous school. "Yeah, she's in my dorm." Chloë nodded. "That must be weird though, or not?"

Kiara nodded to everything Chloe said, yes, the only thing that made Nora's being in school cooler was the fact that she wasn't going to teach Kia. She couldn't help herself, but take an advantage of that and wouldn't pay full attention to the lesson.

And while still trying to come up with how to make up for not being as enthusiastic about Hogwarts. She could say that she way more friends there, more fitting weather, Heta Omega, Rose Events, professors, and how good she felt there. She didn't feel like she had to really overwork to feel good enough for this school, and she understood only one thing how to make up and be truly honest. "It is the most wonderful place in the world, but I wouldn't transfer back. I miss it, but Hogwarts... I feel like I am more meant for this place, you know... France, as always, one of the most beautiful and romantic countries in the world. I always felt like I had to look my best, had to do my best to actually suit it." she finally touched the cons of that school, she always felt like she wasn't good enough for it. She knew that it wasn't like that, but it didn't change the feeling. "I love how simple Hogwarts is and also I got really used to it to actually go back and try to fit in with everyone else again," she wasn't planning on stopping her letters to old friends, but she had a new life now and it was in Hogwarts. Her friends were here, her crush was here, her family was here and she didn't feel like she would fit in in beaux again. "Actually it is a bit, but at the same point it's a good feeling to see someone for who I can actually say "oh, she has changed so much since the first year", and she is cool, so more pros than cons." The Ravenclaw giggled as talking about Vivi.

"And now let's switch to you. What are your hobbies? Some weird fact about you? What you want to achieve in our next school years?" she put her chin in her hand and looked at Chloe excitedly, hoping to get interesting answers.

Chloë smiled when Kiara mentioned she wouldn't want to transfer back to beauxbatons, even if she wondered a little if she was just saying that because she had been talking in such high praise about the school. Kiara didn't really seem like much of a liar though, so she didn't think that was the case. "What about your friends? I mean it must've been sad to leave them..?" She asked curiously at the mention of it taking probably taking too much effort to fit in at beauxbatons again. With everything Kiara had said it seemed to make sense, but still Chloë couldn't help but wonder. She just hoped it wasn't too much of a touchy subject. "Right, that makes sense." She nodded. Transferring had never been something she had given much thought, which meant she had also never really thought about what it must be like for kids who transferred to hogwarts. Surely making friends should be easy enough, but mixing in with people who have been friends for years still sounded like there would always be something missing. Never having transferred herself she didn't think she'd ever truly understand what it was like.

Chloë let out a laugh when Kiara apparently had decided she had been talking about her own life for plenty of time and started shooting questions at her in return. "I mean obviously quidditch." She chuckled as she started to answer. "I also used to dance but I kind of failed to keep up with that after coming here." She added with a smile. It was something she still missed every now and then but at the same time she was so busy with quidditch that there was little time left to do so. "I'll have to get back to you on that second one because I'm not sure. Or you'd have to ask my friends, surely they'd come up with something." Chloë said in response to Kiara's second question, grinning at her last words. She was sure her friends would come up with something weird about her when asked. Whether it was something that was actually true would be another question. "That one's easy, get through this OWL year without losing my mind." She laughed at the last question, well aware that was probably what all of them aimed to achieve.

Kiara lightly chuckled as followed the next question. Right, what about her friends? "As I said before, I left France on a pretty tragic note. My parents and maternal grandparents died, my uncle fostered me and I didn't even really understand that out of a sudden I was in New Zealand, already a Ravenclaw and I started a new school. I started to understand that I am in a whole new world only when it was the end of August, like a week before school. But one of my best friends plays on the team and they were here last year, so I finally wrote a letter back to them and we met in the summer by their season. And I am hoping to meet her again this year. So I guess the saddest part was already understanding the whole situation," Kia smiled as talking through that. She tried to sound like it was the most common theme to talk about. She wasn't really in the mood to pick up her old hurtings, she had her birthdays and some other specific days for that, and this day wasn't one of them. So no cry chats, only smiles, and positivity. And she did a light nod with her head as Chloe said that it made sense. Actually, she felt like she did a great job of fitting in in Hogwarts society but she was still missing the feeling of knowing them since they were just kids. Most of them were already fourteen or fifteen when she first met them.

And with Chloe laughing, Wood wasn't capable of holding back an excited smile and a light giggle. It was always a good feeling when people around her were happy. And she was surely shocked that Chloe danced before starting Hogwarts. Of course, she would, she looked like she was perfectly made for dances! And then she giggled as she mentioned that she had to ask her friends. Made sense. And at the last answer, she lightly frowned with a giggle. "Booo! It's boring, we all want that! Come up with something more original, maybe you want to become a head girl? One of Heta Omega's leaders? Wait, you are in Heta, right? Back to ideas. Befriending anyone in this school, even Styx! Befriending an eel, meeting a centaur. Doesn't that sound way more interesting? And you will pass all the exams, you know literally way more than the rest of our year together," of course she knew that she was already exaggerating on the last part but it wasn't the main point again. But in the first part, she was sure that she didn't seem like she was trying to offend Chloe, and she hoped that it was clear to see for the Gryffindor too. "Oh, and what dances did you dance? I was dancing too, not being able to properly dance while being in school kinda sucks," she shrugged her shoulders and jokingly rolled eyes, after what she chuckled.

Chloë listened as Kiara started explaining more about the reason behind her transfer after she had asked her about her friends. Her face fell when the girl mentioned both her parents and her grandparents dying, knowing she shouldn't even try to understand what that would feel like. She was also surprised by how casually Kiara seemed about telling her that and it made her wonder whether that was a coping strategy. Smiling through the pain. It would be understandable though. Even if she might've gotten more used to being in new zealand, at hogwarts surely thinking about why she had ended up here still hurt. "Wow. That's.. a lot." She offered, wanting to ask more questions but having the feeling the other girl wasn't exactly keen on getting right back into those feelings. "Seeing your friend again must've been nice though." She smiled, knowing she'd be keen on catching up with her friends if they weren't at school together anymore.

Chloë acted fake surprised when Kiara booed her, fully aware she had given a terribly boring answer to the girl's question. It was her main goal at the moment though, so at least it had been honest. "How is becoming headgirl or leading a club more original answer?" She laughed, shaking her head in fake disappointment. If passing her OWLs counted as an unoriginal answer than surely those two fit right into that category as well. "I don't think the eel is keen on making friends. Believe me, I've tried." Chloë chuckled, fairly certain the only thing the eel wanted to do when it noticed students nearby in the shallows was to slither back into the depths from where it came. "You know what I want? To win the quidditch cup." She said with a small smile. They had been trying so hard, working so hard and still they had managed to fall from grace right into that last spot. Which was not it. "I've done ballet since I was, like, this big." She used her hand to indicate her height, pretty sure she had been three or four when her parents had signed her up for toddler dance lessons. "And then when I got older I also did more modern dance." Chloë continued, nodding in agreement with Kiara. "I mean I'm glad I get to play quidditch instead, but it's still sad. Felt a little like giving up."

Kiara fastly got back to her usual feeling, everything was alright. "That kinda is, yeah," she raised her eyebrows and kept the not a big deal voice. And she was absolutely thankful that Chloe didn't ask a lot, Kia always tried her best to not cry in front of anyone. "It was the most wonderful feeling ever! No, literally, I missed her so much and it was just plain luck that she didn't leave the country yet," it was a good feeling that she had a chance to talk about her friends.

And she broke into a laugh as she saw Chloe's reaction. "There is a chance to fail it but you surely won't fail your OWLs," Kiara stated a fact with a giggle and tilted her head as listening to Chloe's next words. "What? When? How did it happen? How did it go?" she immediately burst out a lot of questions and only then frowned. "Wait, why did you even try to do that?" Kia tried to understand what would make the Gryffindor actually try that. "Oh, that sounds better, and you know what? As Lars, Blake, and Elliot are graduating next year, you are the only team that has all the chances to win. You're already a proper team, they will need new players, girl, you are going for a win!" Kiara almost danced through the last part of the sentence and out of a sudden overly excited again. What a good feeling that she wasn't obligated to root for Ravenclaw, she could always use it as an excuse that she transferred and Gryffindor is closer for her. It wasn't but people from there surely were. "Yes, I know the feeling. It sucks, even with trying to catch up in summers, it's still the same losing feeling," Kiara gave a nod when agreed to what Chloe said. "However, ballet is super cool, probably the hardest dance style ever, at least for me." she let out a light giggle as admitting that ballet was pretty hard for her. She did dance it but it was probably the style she wasn't the most interested in. "And one more, however, modern dances are the best dancing style ever." It was clear to see that Kiara was cheerful about that, even with all her love for hip-hop, she would always prefer modern dances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back