Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was pretty sure she'd seen a familiar face during lessons that day- one that she hadn't seen in a while. Ditching her brother, she made her way outside. She didn't have to spend long looking. "Hey! Hold it!" She called out, rushing towards her target. She slid around him, coming up on his side and tossing an arm over his shoulder. "Hey there, Zenny-bear," She teased. "Where have you been hiding?" It seemed like forever since they had talked, and she admitted that she had missed his company. It was getting easier for her to admit that she cared about her friends- or that they were even her friends. She smiled brightly at the boy. Those were thoughts for another day. Right now, she had a moody boy to bother.

It wasn’t that he was particularly avoiding Sapphire in particular, butnit had been harder to dodge her than most since she was in his house as well and had the ability to corner him in the common room. The fact he’d managed to dodge her so effectively had actually surprised him somewhat. Still, it had really only been a matter of time before that luck ran out, not that he was complaining. She called out to him and he stopped walking, but didn’t turn around as she caught up to him. He haphazardly sort of moved his arm around her in a companionable way as she slid her arm around his shoulders. She was more affectionate than he remembered her being. “Saph, hey. Not hiding exactly... okay that’s a lie I was hiding, but not specifically from you, promise!” He told her, gesturing wildly to get her to understand that it wasn’t just her, just people in general.​

Sapphire glanced at Zennon as he made some flimsy excuse and shrugged. "Is that something normal people care about?" She asked, unsure if this was another area where she was the weird one. "Hide from me, hide from people, whatever. You do you, Zen. I'll catch you when I catch you." She told him, knocking his hip with hers. "That usually means there's something going on in your head you don't want to share. Far be it from me to try and crack you open if you don't want." She gave him a wry smile to attempt to reassure him.

Zennon wasn't sure how he'd happened to luck into a friend like Sapphire, but thank sanity he had. He'd been running circles around his other friends trying to figure out how to tell them he was sorry without actually telling them what he was sorry about, only for Sapphire to come along and act like there'd been no time at all. He relaxed a little into her embrace and laughed. "Uh, yeah, that generally is something people worry about, but, it's okay, I was worried for a second." he admitted, shaking his head. "You're right, there's a lot going on, and eventually I'll tell about it, but, for right now it's probably best if I keep it to myself." He added, he wasn't sure where they were walking to, having forgotten his original destination, but it was nice just to occupy the same space as her. "How's things with your brother?" He hadn't really heard to much about him, not since he'd been hiding away as she put it.​

Sapph grinned as he relaxed. "I thought as much. Don't worry about me with whatever that is." She told him. If he had issues, no big deal. She wasn't sure if it was something she really should care about, but she was never really one to judge. Probably why she and Di were still friends. She shrugged as he asked about her brother. "There's something to distract you with. You missed all the drama. I live with him and my uncle now, and a little boy named Jordie. I said I wouldn't leave the orphanage until he did so my uncle took us both." She laughed. "Sweet kid. What about you? Anything you want to share?" She asked, not prying but giving him the opening to talk about whatever. He could have said the sky was blue and she'd have been happy.

Zennon shrugged. It was nice just to talk like they had back in the bathroom, or in the common room, nothing to hide, no worries. He missed this whilst he'd been feeling sorry for himself, after all, he never quite was so candid about things like he was with Sapphire, though he'd been trying to learn to be so. "That sounds like a lot!" The fact that this all happened pretty much whilst he wasn't paying attention was crazy, "good you're out of that orphanage though, it sounded horrible and I hated that you had to stay there like that." Honestly had he been able to do anything, he would have, probably. It was easy to say things like that now whilst she wasn't there, but he hadn't actually done anything. When she asked about his own life, he wasn't really sure what to say. The most obvious thing was about his Dad still not doing well, but he wasn't sure he wanted to bring the mood down. His smile faltered. "Well, my Dad injured his leg, and he can't dance anymore. So my sister took up dancing for him, you know, to get close to him?" He didn't think she actually liked it though and now she was always tired all the time. "I don't think she actually likes it though, but Dad is so happy to take her to dancing class and he doesn't seem to mind at all that she's bad at it."

Sapphire shrugged. "That makes two of us. Turns out the old hag that ran it was actually my aunt and she'd told everyone I'd offed it, then went on telling me no one would adopt me because I was a curse- when really no one could adopt me because she already had custody of me." She shook her head. "Uncle James was not pleased to learn that."

Sapphire listened as Zennon shared something a bit more personal. "That's rough," She told him. "I don't see why she would do it, if she doesn't like it. I could just be weird again though." She shrugged. "You have a sister?" She asked, looking for something to talk about that wasn't super personal or crazy.

Zennon blinked as he listened to Sapphire talk about the orphanage in connection to her aunt and her uncle. That was some crazy stuff and he couldn't believe it. "Sh!t, that's some crazy stuff." He said, shaking his head. To think someone could do that to another person, it made him a bit mad, but it was all over with now and it seemed that Sapphire was in a good place, which was good. He wanted to help people when he could so he was glad that she was better, even if he had nothing to do with it. He nodded his head when she sympathised and asked about his sister. "Yeah, I actually have four sisters and two brothers. I don't see much of Lukas and Isaak, since Lukas is living his own life and Isaak is in Ilvermorny - closer to home a bit." He wasn't sure why he'd been so insistent on Hogwarts to be honest, still, he loved it here. "Rowan and Elsie are twins, they're in fourth year right now, then there's also Azelea who's the oldest and Grace, the youngest." He finished grinning. "Do you have anyone else, other than Onyx?" He asked, curious.​

Sapphire shrugged at his comment. "Maybe. It's over with, though, so whatever I guess." She had struggled with it for a while but had eventually just written it off as bad luck. She shook her head to clear it and smiled as he talked about his siblings. It was obvious how much he cared for his siblings. There sure seemed to be a lot of them. She shrugged when he turned the question back to her. "Some cousins, I guess? Jasper and Amaya and an older one I haven't met. There's uncle James... and of course there's Jordi, but that's about it." She opened her mouth to ask another question when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She cursed under her breath and ducked in front of Zennon, standing on tiptoe to peek over his shoulder. "He's coming," She murmured ominously.

Onyx was bored out of his mind. Sapphire had talked about meeting up after classes for some band practice, but she hadn't shown. So, he'd decided to go looking for her. She was easily distracted. He chuckled warmly as he left the castle. He would need to find her to find out what had distracted her today. "Saaaappphhhyyyy!" He called out, singsongy. He barely spotted her from the corner of his eye ducking behind some boy. He chuckled and skipped over. "Better luck next time," He sing-songed again, tossing an arm around the boy's shoulder and peeking around to giggle at his sister. "Hiya Sapphy. Who's your friend?" He turned to look at the boy. "Ooooh, a handsome friend at that." He slid back and gave him an exaggerated bow. "Onyx Michaels. At your service." He introduced himself with a flourish, happily leaning out of the way as his twin tried to smack his arm.

Zennon listened to her as she spoke, he could understand how that sort of thing could be hard to deal with. He frowned then she said someone was coming and Zennon didn't get a chance to ask who she was talking about when he heard her name being called. He didn't know what to say as he was suddenly looking around for Sapphire who had managed to duck behind him. This was obviously Onyx, if her reaction was anything to go by. Zennon didn't tend to pay attention to people in his classes unless he'd already known them, so missing Onyx in classes wasn't unreasonable. "Uh, hello." He said, blushing slightly. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to respond to this situation as the other boy threw an arm around him. This was not what he expected, but it wasn't unpleasant. "I'm Zennon," he answered, wondering briefly how the two could be so different before he remembered they hadn't grown up together.​

Sapphire sighed in exasperation and tried to smack her brother, unsurprised when he started flirting with Zennon. "Not again, Nyxy. You remember how that went with Jake. I'm not dealing with your drama again, emo boy." She stuck her tongue out at Onyx and turned to Zennon. "Don't mind him. He's an idiot." She rolled her eyes, taking Zen's arm and trying to pull him a bit more towards her. "Feel free to hit him if he starts flirting too much," She told him.

Onyx pouted as Sapphy pulled Zennon away, feigning hurt and placing a hand over his heart. "Awww, Saaaph," He pouted, giving her his best puppy eyes. "If I can't shower him with affection, Sapphy," He moved quickly, snatching her up and spinning her around. "Then I'll just get you instead!" He declared, setting her back down and smothering her with kisses. He released her as quickly as he'd grabbed her, laughing loudly and ducking behind Zennon to avoid her swing. "Of course," He started, nudging Zennon in the ribs. "I'll love on you too if you ask, pretty boy," He teased.

Zennon did not know how he'd managed to get himself into this situation. He'd never thought about the implications of two affectionate people in close quarters to him. He certainly wasn't used to the sort of touchy feely nature of the pair, and used against him was enough to make him blush. He wasn't quite sure what to say to either of them. He did wonder a bit about the comment about Jake, who he'd not seen in some time, so he was a bit out of the loop where his friends were concerned. It didn't matter really though, he was going through his own crap, and he respected that they probably were too. Though he did now wonder if that meant Jake gay, which, once again, he wouldn't know since he'd not spent much time with anyone outside of Slytherin for some time. He'd neglected his friendships and he knew it was wrong, but it had been unavoidable unfortunately. "No, no it's okay, I don't hit people." He laughed slightly, he wasn't sure if he was giving Onyx permission to be affectionate, or if he was stating a fact, possibly both, but he was kind of interested to know more about Onyx, even if only to know more about his friend in the process, though Onyx did seem like he was a nice guy. Cute too, if he wanted to think about it, which he did not. "You're both weird." he hoped he didn't offend them, so he'd made sure to say it with a smile.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back