OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Evelyn had the idea of writing home, after she spoke with her brother Espen. Thinking and talking about her home made her miss her dad. Her mother honestly wasn't really a person that she missed. The thought was harsh and not how every child thought about his home, but it was the truth. And Evelyn was a girl that loved honesty and didn't wanna fool herself with false thoughts. She was wondering how her dad must think right now and what he will do. She guessed that he will be busy with work, just as usual. The young blonde Gryffindor was on her way to The Owlery. There would be her owl Agnete that she shared with her brother. When she opened the wooden door she frowned. The door was heavy and dirty so she took a tissue from out of her bag to clean her hands after she closed the door behind her. She hoped that she will learn the cleaning spell this year, because that would be handy. This place was full of dirt and dust. Evelyn enjoyed the lessons until so far, she had followed: Charms, Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts until now. Charms was by far her favorite subject so far and Defence Against the Dark Arts seemed cool, but Evelyn didn't liked the Professor much.. Professor Styx.. What a creep Evelyn thought. But Misha Haden on the other hand was a very nice Professor. And potions was a nice first lesson and the professor seemed nice, but a bit strange.

Thinking about her first week of lessons made Evelyn smile. She was used to the fact that she was sorted into Gryffindor now, but she didn't made some friends yet. Most of her roommates were stupid girls and she was done trying to be nice when they weren't honest to her. They weren't the types were Evelyn could spend a lot of time with. The blonde girl found a place to settle down at a window bench and took her feather, inkt and parchment out of her hand bag. What would she write to her parents?

Aaron liked being up in the Owlery, he liked being surrounded by the owls but it also gave him a pang of homesickness as well because there were many owls that resided on the Walden family farm and itmade Aaron realise how much he did actually miss home. He didn't think he would miss it that much, Maddie never spoke about missing home though he suspected that she did. It was impossible not to, given how close he and his siblings were. Aaron couldn't wait until his other two siblings would come to the school. There would be four Walden's running around the school then and Aaron was excited at the prospect. He knew his little brother and sister would love it at Hogwarts. In fact, he decided to write a letter to them both to tell them all about it and to ask about how they were doing at home without their big brother there to help them.

He opened the door to the Owlery to be met with the familiar sounds of screeching from the birds. He smiled to himself and looked for an available owl that he could tie his letter to. The thought never occurred of him to own his own owl and bring it to Hogwarts. He knew his sister, Maddie, had her own pet here at Hogwarts, a cat called Aurora that Aaron knew reasonably well and he looked after her when Maddie was busy. But he desired an owl of his own that he could bring to Hogwarts, he made a mental note to ask his parents for one for his next birthday.

Once he had attached the letter to his chosen owl he walked it over the window and watched it fly away. Aaron was just about to turn and leave the room when he saw a familiar face at one of the windows. He walked over to the girl and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey Evelyn" he said smiling at her.

Sorry this is late

Evelyn turned around when she heard a voice saying her name. She was curious who it will be, because she knew a few people but not that very much. When she saw who the person was she saw a famillar face but she couldn't remember his name. Evelyn just paid a lot of attention to herself that she mostly forgot things from other people of what they were saying. '' Hey!'' She gave the boy a smile. '' I'm sorry I don't remember your name. What was it?''It looked like Evelyn knew so much people that she forgot a few. But in reality it was far from that thought. Evelyn thought it was far more easy making friends, but because of that she has zero experience with it, it is a bit harder then she thought.

Evelyn did remember that the boy was in Gryffindor just as she was. '' Did you want to write something too?'' Evelyn went standing and left her blank parchment lying on the window bench.

Aaron smiled at the blonde girl, he didn't mind that she had forgotten his name. He hasn't done anything that memorable... yet, and he wasn't completely confident around girls like his best friend Lucas so it was understandable. Those reasons mixed with the fact that Aaron spent most of his time outside with only a certain couple of people meant that he didn't meet and speak to many of his fellow students. Of course, he made it his duty to find out who he would be taking classes with and spending most of his school life with. "I'm Aaron" he answered "no need to be sorry" he added, smiling warmly at his fellow house mate.

He shrugged his shoulders "it can wait, it's not very important" he said. Which, in truth, it wasn't. His letter could wait, he far preferred to talk to the girl in front of him for a while. He loved getting to know new people, his family could wait till a little later. "you go ahead" he offered pointing to the seat she had just vacated. "Who are you sending yours to?" he asked, nodding to the blank piece of parchment.

Evelyn gave the boy a smile back when she saw that he didn't mind. At the other hand she didn't knew if she cared if he did mind, but whatever that was not the point right now. Evelyn only knew a few names of the people with who she spoke before: Zara, Amber and Lizzie. When she thought about it she almost only knew Gryffindor students, but that was normally right? Because she was a Gryffindor and that made sense she would spend a lot of time with them. When she thought back of her first night in her bedroom she had a terrible mood and started the wrong way with most of her roommates. Zara was also her roommate and now she did spend a lot of time with her in classes and sometimes after them. Things could change fast at Hogwarts, and that was something what Evelyn learned this year. When she heard the boy say Aaron, she didn't really knew if she heard that name before. It wasn't like she spoke a lot with him before, he was just another Gryffindor boy student. '' Aaron.. Alright!'' She responded at the boy.

Evelyn still wanted to write to home, but she will only write to her dad that was her decision. Because he did care when she would say mom and dad, she knew that her dad was the only one who read it. And just when she thought of it Aaron asked who she was sending to.
'' Uhm to home, my dad. Just wanted to tell how things are going right now.'' She went sitting on the window bench next to her empty parchment.
'' Did you already tell your parents about your adventures here?'' Evelyn asked to Aaron.

Aaron was a collector. He loved collecting stories, memories and friends. Just about anything, you name it, Aaron wanted it. Today, he wanted to be friends with Evelyn and he wanted to get to know her better which meant asking her about her entire life so far. Some people might call it being nosy but Aaron liked to think he was a good listener and he was curious about his fellow Gryffindors. He nodded towards the Gryffindor girl when she repeated his name, maybe she would remember it this time.

He followed Evelyn back to the window and took the seat next to her. "It's weird not seeing them everyday isn't it?" he said absentmindedly while looking out the window. He shook his head at Evelyn's question "no, not yet. It's what I came up here to do. My sister often forgets to write to them so it's left to me. She's too busy with other things... like boys" he said rolling his eyes. As much as he liked her sister, she was weird and she had stupid priorities.

Evelyn knew that Aaron was a good friend of Lucas and she and Lucas were getting better and better friends everyday. So if Lucas liked Aaron she would like him too she guessed. Evelyn tried every day to work on her social contacts, it was good to have them on Hogwarts if she wanted to build a reputation here. The blonde was curious about this boy, he wasn't really her type at first sight but with Zara that also changed. When Aaron came sitting next to her she smiled at him. He started about their parents again and Evelyn nodded at him. '' Yes, sometimes it is still. But I really start to like it at here so it is fine.'' she said friendly to her fellow Gryffindor next to her. She nodded when he said that he was about to write them and started to laugh about his sister being busy with boys. '' Who is your sister? She sounds like a nice girl.'' Evelyn joked, she liked boys attention already on young age but it was more a boost for her confidence.
'' What are you gonna write to them? I'm not sure what to say. I don't know what my brother already has send or not.'' Evelyn send a message about her first days and which house she was sorted to her parents, and a few times to complain about the facilities at Hogwarts. But when she started to like it more on Hogwarts she just forgot to write them. And that was a rare thing because at home Evelyn told her dad almost everything.

Aaron smiled at Evelyn, she was interesting and Lucas had made a point to make a bee-line for her as fast as he could. But that was okay, Aaron wasn't interested in her romantically (unlike Lucas) he just wanted to make lots of friends at this stage and it was interesting that most of these new friends were Gryffindors. He nodded at her when she began to explain how she felt about life without her parents. "That's good. It's taking me a while to get used to being here without them but it's made easier having my sister here" he explained. "She's call Maddie. She's a third year, so she's been here quite a while" he said, chatting away happily with Evelyn.

He shrugged his shoulders "not sure really, probably talk about how classes are going. Answer: not well" he chuckled "and then probably about the friends i've made and then finish asking them how they are and how my younger siblings are" he finished. "Oh! So you have a sibling too? Who is he? Is he the same age as us? What house is he in?" Aaron blurted out, unable to stop himself from asking so many questions.

Evelyn saw something nice in Aaron his smile. He was different than she first had imagined. But she had that with many people, she had already a opinion about them before she actually had meet them. She wanted to change that but that was still difficult. '' That's nice, which house is Maddie in?'' Evelyn responded at Aaron when he told about his older sister Maddie. It must be nice to have a older sibling that already knows how it all goes on Hogwarts. To be prepared for what to come, she and Espen were both new to this. Evelyn smiled when Aaron said what he was going to write. His classes were not going good. ''Classes not going well? How that come? Oh wait let me guess.. Lucas perhaps with all of his tricks.'' Evelyn saw Aaron and Lucas a lot together and from what she heard from Zara they really liked to have fun together. She knew that Lucas liked to explore and to enjoy his time here so much as he could. And Aaron must be his partner in crime for that. When Aaron asked about her sibling she smiled. '' I have a twin brother Espen Manning, he is a first year Slytherin.'' Evelyn wanted to tell everything, but Aaron already asked all those things. Evelyn liked the fact that he showed some interest in her.

Aaron was glad that Evelyn was continuing the conversation with him rather than telling him to leave her when she was obviously preoccupied with writing a letter home. "She's in Gryffindor like us! I'll point her out to you some time" he explained. Aaron laughed when Evelyn spoke about Lucas "yeah, you could say that. Lucas and I do not really get around to doing much school work. We have better things to do" he said, his eyes twinkling. "You know, I've only really met other Gryffindors. It's strange how we don't see much of the other houses don't you think?" he asked the blonde girl "apart from classes, obviously" he added. "Do you see much of your brother? Him being in Slytherin and all?" he wondered aloud, hoping the questions he was asking Evelyn were not too personal, after all, Aaron was like a stranger to her but she seemed to be an open and talkative person which he liked.

Aaron seemed like a good listener and Evelyn could really appreciate that. She loved to tell things about herself to others but was also curious about others. Maddie, Aaron his sister was also in Gryffindor but that name didn't get a face in Evelyns mind. She wasn't really good in names, but also only the people that seemed interested were staying in Evelyns mind. '' Yes you do that. I'm curious.'' Meeting other peoples siblings was always fun, you could see if they looked like eachother from the outside or also their personality. The blonde laughed along with talking about Lucas. He was a special one and that seemed to interest Evelyn. She and Lucas went to Yule Ball together, but just as friends. She felt happy along his side and they had danced together but that was just all. The blonde just liked the attention that she got from Lucas and all the other boys. '' I've heard that yes.. Better things you say? Such as?'' Zar, Lucas and Aaron were more brave than she was, and they went on missions and that kinda stuff. But Evelyn didn't really liked everything that they did. Maybe in the future she would dare more, but she was never ever, ever! Going in that Forbidden Forest. When Aaron mentioned meeting only Gryffindor Evelyn thought about it herself. She knew Espen who was a Slytherin, and Amber that was becoming a really nice friend from Hufflepuff but she didn't knew people from Ravenclaw yet. '' For me too. I only know my brother from Slytherin and I've met Amber from Hufflepuff. But most of the people are coming from Gryffindor. It is strange I don't know any friends from my brother or somebody from Ravenclaw.'' Maybe in other classes she will get to know a Ravenclaw student. She was open for it, Ravenclaw had to meet Evelyn Manning too. '' And I don't see Espen a lot. Only in the classes we have together right now..'' Before coming here that was Evelyn her greatest nightmare that she didn't saw her brother anymore. She was such a different girl there, now she really didn't knew if she cared that much anymore. She was scared back there of being alone, but now she had made friends and it seemed to go well.

Aaron smiled when Evelyn said that she was curious to who his sister was. Many people commented that they were similiar apart from the fact that Maddie seemed to be a little more extroverted and involved in a lot more drama, if that was even possible since Aaron had found himself in a fair few dramatic situations already. Many were with his best friend, Lucas too. The two Gryffindor boys seemed to just attract trouble, most recently the incident with the Mandrakes.

He shrugged his shoulders at Evelyn's question "oh you know, there are pranks to be thought of and trouble to made" he laughed "not long ago we made a bad impression on one of the Herbology Professors" he explained "it was completely by accident though, I swear!" he added, grinning. Aaron nodded along with Evelyn "yeah I find it strange that we don't really talk with the other houses. Gryffindors are great though, don't get me wrong. But it would be nice to meet more people from the other houses" he commented.

As Evelyn spoke about her brother he wondered how he would feel if he didn't see his siblings that often. He was lucky that Maddie was in the same house as he but she had her own friends so he didn't see her as much as he thought he would. He missed his younger siblings at home though and he hoped that once they got to Hogwarts he'd be able to see them a lot. "Do you miss not seeing him all the time?" he asked the Gryffindor girl, wondering how close they were.

One thing that the blonde had learned from her time so far on Hogwarts to show interest to others. Before she arrived at here, she had only interest for herself or her brother. But her time her was good for her and it changed her a bit in a more positive way. Evelyn loved to be around people and a lot of people loved to be around her and that was something that she liked, to get attention.

Aaron and Lucas was just a lovely combination, Evelyn started to see why Lucas liked Aaron a lot. He was sweet but also funny in some ways and he seemed like a person were she could really talk to. The blonde laughed along with Aaron, she found it funny what Lucas and Aaron did. But she would never do such things herself, she wanted to be a perfect student as far as it was possible because this semester she was far from a good student. She hated all of the classes except Transfiguration. '' Herbology the thought of it makes me already sick. You guys can do any prank you want on those people.'' She heard about that prank from Lucas, it was his uncle that gave Herbology to older students she thought. Moving the subject to the contact with other houses she nodded to Aaron. She herself knew her friend Amber from Hufflepuff and Rama from Ravenclaw. But that were the only ones she spoke from another house. She just seemed to get along with most of the Gryffindor students, except for Zenia ofcourse they would never become friends. '' Most of the Gryffindor are great yes I agree on that. We are just the best house! I hope we win the house cup this year.'' The blonde smiled at Aaron. It would be lovely to win the house cup in their first year. When Aaron asked about her brother, she frowned. '' I miss him for sure. Before I came here he was my only friend I've ever had. And I was so angry when he was sorted into Slytherin and I was not. But now it is all fine, we just don't see eachother so much as we used to did.'' The blonde would love to see her brother any time soon, but he was also busy with his homework and own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back