Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Tilly)
Wand
Vine Wand, 11 ¼ in, Acromantula Web Core
Seraphina was still bewildered by the events that had occurred previously. How in the world was she going to the Yule Ball with a date, let alone Tilly Drage? And Tilly had said she liked her?? The Gryffindor had immediately owled her "friend," hoping for some advice, and when the owl finally returned, it carried with it a large, silver package. Inside was placed a white woman's suit, cut to her measurements, fitted with a black shirt and bowtie. A small note inside the parcel read "Now you'll have no excuse not being noticed. Pull your hair out of your face ;)".

Seraphina had reluctantly taken her friend's advice and now stood foolishly outside the Great Hall, hoping that Tilly actually showed up. That she actually liked her. She was sure that whatever she was wearing would never measure up to her date's appearance, but Seraphina stood as confidently as she could, holding some flowers in her hand.

@Tilly Drage

After coming out of her Felix felicis fugue, Tilly had to admit that she didn’t know what in the world she was doing. She’d asked Seraphina My to the Yule Ball and she was both excited and nervous about it. The Hufflepuff had kept it to herself, not that she was ashamed, she just didn’t need anyone else’s input right now. Her roommates and friends out-of-house would see them together anyway.

Tilly slipped into the floral black dress her mum had given her for the next special occasion, although she was historically more likely to skip these events. The fifth year liked the way the dress was cut just off her shoulders. It was perfect for the warming summer weather. Tilly could really care less that it might not fit in with a ‘Christmas’ theme. She tied her hair up, pinning it behind her head, dodging her housemates’ questions as she applied make-up. Tilly felt pretty as she looked at herself in the mirror, not something she felt often. She hoped her favorite Gryffindor would notice it, too.

When she arrived at the Yule Ball, Tilly scanned the crowds for her date. She grinned when she spotted her in a spellbinding white ensemble. She approached Seraphina, albeit with a little less swagger than she’d had when she asked her out. “Hi," Tilly said, hoping she didn't sound too awkward, "I like your suit- it looks great on you.”

Seraphina saw Tilly from across the hall and felt like she couldn't breathe for a few moments as the sight came towards her. She had always admired how striking Tilly's features were, but somehow in this moment, it felt like everything had changed. Is this what butterflies feel like? she wondered, gripping the flowers even tighter as they dangled from her fingers.

Taking a moment to register what Tilly had said, Seraphina stopped staring her date like a creep and cleared her throat. "Erm, thanks. Your dress is- you look really beautiful," she said, with the most sincerity she could muster past her natural angst and sarcasm. "Oh, I got these for you. I don't know if you like flowers, but I think that's what you're supposed to do at these things," she continued, holding up the orange poppies haphazardly arranged in a medium sized bouquet. She definitely didn't steal them from the Wild Patch's greenhouses.

These things. You mean a date? Seraphina was afraid to say the word out loud, still fearful this was all leading to some big joke. She had seen the old muggle movie Carrie and could easily see her classmates doing something similar to her. After all, she had kind of been a terror the past few years.

A blush heated up Tilly’s cheeks when Seraphina called her beautiful. It wasn’t something she was used to being called- and she had to admit that she liked it. Especially coming from Seraphina My, who years ago would have used much more colorful descriptions. That said, she’d long since forgiven the Gryffindor for the comments, especially since she’d shown she was much more than a bitter bully. The other side of Seraphina was who she wanted to get to know better.

“Thanks,” Tilly said shyly, her eyes brightening when she saw the flowers. “These are gorgeous. I love orange.” She accepted the poppies and brought them to her chest. She sniffed them, inhaling their sweet and tangy scent.

Then, the Hufflepuff felt bad for not thinking to bring anything for Seraphina herself. She’d have to make it up to her in some way. Extending her arm for her date to take, she suggested, “Shall we?”

Seraphina was surprised she had done something right when Tilly accepted the flowers. It was probably just luck she'd managed to pick orange, as it was such a wild color of flower. But it had kind of stood out to her - like Tilly did.

Hesistant to take the Hufflepuff's arm, she gentley placed hers within, following the girl's lead as her body buzzed with anxiety. There were so many people in this room that she had never spoken to and usually, she would just get the heck out of the dance. These places weren't really her thing. "Are you hungry? I'm not much of a dancer, to be honest."

Tilly smiled when Seraphina took her arm, leading her into the Great Hall. The professors and staff always outdid themselves. She looked up, half-expecting to catch a snowflake on her nose.

She noticed Liusaidh with Natalia, the fourth year she’d met at the Fergusson wedding; Rene waiting around for someone, Blair with a fourth year Ravenclaw boy. Even her little sister had shown up, staring up at the glittering tree. Tilly smirked when she noticed the Head Girl Chloe Thompson dragging around a cardboard cutout. Certainly, that story would end up in the next edition of the Hogwarts Monthly. She looked back at Seraphina, hoping she wasn't too put off by the crowd.

"I'm always hungry,"
Tilly admitted sheepishly. Regular rounds on the Quidditch pitch kept her strong and forever ravenous. She could feel an appetite even though her stomach was swimming with nervousness.

"We don't have to dance if you don't want to," Tilly said, hoping she sounded encouraging. She was just happy to be here with Seraphina.

Seraphina laughed through her nose when Tilly said she was always hungry. The Gryffindor didn't normally have a big appetite, but if her date wanted to eat, she would gladly snack. "Umm, we can go over there and grab a snack?"

It wasn't that Seraphina didn't want to dance with Tilly, because she absolutely did, but the idea of making a fool of herself just seemed like too much this evening. But then a slower song popped on, and she thought it might be okay. "We can dance now. If you want to. I'm just... I have like two right feet or whatever they say and don't want to embarass you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back