OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Christmas with three kids was a much busier affair than when it had just been him and Fraser, but it was nice. Little Flora was too little to know what was going on, but her large eyes and round face found everything interesting. The lights were just fascinating to her. But it was a lot to do, a lot of things that needed to be done, but he was thankful for his family, for Abby and Zerrin. It was just perfect, they were just managing, though three kids were different from one or two. It helped that Zerrin and Fraser could play amongst themselves, but Floraidh needed attention. So much attention. But the night was wrappping up and his mother was looking after the kids for them, putting the kids to bed. "Hey sweetie," he moved in next to Abby on the couch. "You doing okay?" he asked.

Life had a way of taking unexpected turns. There was a time not so long ago when Abby wouldn't have been able to picture something like this; a loving partner, two more children she adored. Yet here she was; living in a beautiful new country in a home all their own with three wonderful children. She'd been content all morning, enjoying how besotted with Floraidh her boys were and how close to each other they still were, even after Zerrins time away.

After an unsurprisingly busy day, Abby had curled up on the couch with a cup of tea, her feet tucked up under her. Graeme's mother was an angel, honestly. Abby had almost forgotten what it felt like to have support. She was drawn from her thoughts- and just in time, too, as they'd started to drift towards her parents- and she looked up just in time to see Graeme settle in beside her.

Abby smiled, setting her tea on the table beside her before turning to curl up against Graeme's chest. "Mm, better now that you're here," She teased him gently, laying an arm over his stomach. "How are you?" She returned, snuggling up against him and shutting her eyes.

Graeme moved his arm to let Abby curl more against his chest, putting it back down when she was settled. He smiled softly at her and leaned in to press a quick kiss to her head. "More tired than I'd thought I'd be," he said with a smile. This was the busiest christmas he had ever experienced. But it had been good, there was nothing quite like having a full house, of listening to Zerrin and Fraser play, to Floraidh's innocent first giggles. "There's nothing like having a full house and all the kids, but I'm glad my mother can take over for a bit," He added with a light laugh.

Abby smiled, tracing her thumb gently over his ribs. "It's the busiest Christmas we've had, too," She told him. "Your mother is a godsend," She agreed, giggling softly. "It's nice to have some time to ourselves," She teased him gently, leaning up and pressing a kiss just under his jaw. "We don't get much time with just us anymore."

There was a part of Graeme that was really glad that he was able to give her a busy christmas like this, filled with family and everything else. He could only imagine the christmases she and Zerrin had had, probably not unlike the one he might've had just after maya left him. He leaned into her kiss and laughed lightly. "No we don't, not with little Floraidh," he laughed lightly but he wouldn't want it any other way. "Maybe it'll be easier when Fraser is at school with Zerrin, and we'll only have one kid to look after." He was sure that Flora would keep them busy, but it would be as easy to pass her to his grandmother for more alone time.

Abby giggled softly, content and warm snuggled in against Graeme. "I swear sometimes this all just feels like a dream," She murmured. "Every now and then I'll wake up convinced that you and Fraser were just some sweet, vivid imaginings. Then I roll over and snuggle you a little closer," She teased, giggling again. She let out a content sigh, pressing a kiss to his skin. "You're a dream come true, you know that?"

Graeme gave a knowing smile to her comment, feeling very much the same at times, that this chance, this second chance at love, and family. He was thankful for it, and thankful for her and for Zerrin, for how kind they both were. And now he had a daughter, a little girl to spoil and his Abby. "As you are to me," he held her into him close. "But this is better than any dream I could've had. And I'm glad and happy to watch you flourish," he knew she was so talented and to be able to see that and give her more of a chance to do it.

Abby giggled, sitting up a bit. "Speaking of, that reminds me," She shifted, sitting sideways on the couch and taking hold of his hand. "I was waiting for the right time to tell you, but I got some good news a few days ago," She smiled brightly, her heart thundering. She took a deep breath, straightening up a bit. "Greame Fergusson, with the new year, you are officially going to be dating a published author." She announced, preening a little bit. She knew that without Graeme she would have never even picked up her writing again.

Graeme was a little curious as she sat up, as she had something to tell him. He for a moment thought she was about to say she was pregnant again and though that wouldn't be a bad thing, it would be rather unexpected but i't wasn't that. Instead, it was even better. "Abby...really?" his whole expression was wide and eager, he was so proud of her. "I knew it! You have so much talent, this is going to be amazing. God Abby, we need champagne!" he was almost at a loss with what to do. he wanted to hug her, he wanted to dance, he wanted to wake up the kids. "God I'm just so proud of you," he settled upon doing.

Abby giggled, snuggling back into Graeme and laying her arm over his stomach. "I never could have done it without you," She murmured, nuzzling her nose against his jaw. "I'd given up my writing so long ago, without you it would have fallen apart unfinished in the back of my dresser drawers." She pressed a kiss to his skin. "The publisher has already promised to send me the first printed copy just for you," She hugged him, smiling brightly.

Graeme shook his head at her, though he might've helped give her a life which allowed her to pursue writing, he was sure somewhere down the line she wouldn't done it again. She would've written the work and had it be sent off to be published. "Come on, don't credit me with any of it, you did this, you wrote it. Someone else might've not bothered even with me, but you, you did this," he told her, kissing her back. He just knew this was on her, a moment for her, and not a moment for him. "You'll be signing my copy right?"

Abby giggled softly. "Let me make this a moment for us, why don't you?" She teased, shifting to sit a bit in his lap, laying an arm over his shoulders and tracing her fingers over his jaw. "You brought me back to life and taught me how to live again. I'd spent so long focused on Zerrin, on giving him everything he deserves, that I forgot that it would be so much better for both of us if I were living again, too." She kissed Graeme sweetly, snuggling closer. "I had my heart broken when I was a girl, and I thought it was broken beyond repair, but while my son had gathered all the pieces you were the one that helped me piece it all back together. I'm a better mother, a better woman, a better person because of you." She sighed happily, nuzzling her nose against his.

Graeme didn't want to make this a moment about them, he didn't want this moment of her success to be clouded by what he had done. He knew that he had been the right person at the right time to help give her a life she deserved, and she was the same for him. He remembered her back then, a woman who had been dedicated to her son, who worked too much and was always kind to them. She was a woman now who had success, who was relaxed and loved. "You were always a good mother," Graeme said, he couldn't deny the rest as easily. "Zerrin is an amazing young boy and that has little to do with me," he told her. "We bring out the best in each other, but this is still amazing, for you," Graeme told her. "Tomorrow, I'm throwing you a party and if you even once credit me, we'll have another party the next day," he told her lightly. "Today this can be a moment for us...tomorrow and every day after it's a moment for you,"

Abby giggled, snuggling in against him as close as she could, running her fingers through his hair. "Graeme, I'll let you focus on me tomorrow, but honestly, I'll always credit you a bit," She teased, stealing a kiss. "We're a team, now. We share each others failures, successes, joys, tragedies." She explained, brushing his hair back out of his eyes. "You silly man," She teased, kissing him again.

Graeme knew there as no winning this. He would never want to be the one to get credit for her work but she wanted him to. The man just smiled at her. Her little speech reminded him that he should be asking her to marry him properly. that they should do that, given that they shared children and life together. Her son had his last name but she didn't. he wouldn't do it now, not wanting to take anything from her and this moment. He leaned into the kiss and just smiled. "Agree to disagree," he told her, but he was exceedingly proud of her. "I love you," he took her face in his hands as he spoke.

Abby giggled, bringing her hands up to cover his. "I love you, too," She told him easily. "What do you say we get some wine and enjoy the quiet of the night?" She asked, relaxing against both him and the couch. "With just us, maybe we can put in some music and slow dance a bit around the room?" She suggested, thinking about how nice that sounded.

Graeme smiled at her, loving the small sensation of her hands on his. He nodded in agreement, definitely could do with some wine, and some soft music. He got up and put on the stereo, playing some soft christmas music. He held out his hands to her. They could get a drink after they danced a little, to the music in the living room. He knew this would only be the beginning of Abby's success and he was going to love every second of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back