Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie had transformed the Hogwarts Monthly clubroom into something pretty by turning off most of the lights and stringing up fairy lights everywhere, creating a nice atmosphere for the party. She had debated doing another normal meeting or another writing game, but it felt right to celebrate the end of the school year and another successful run of the paper for two semesters. Everyone had worked hard, and it was a good idea to celebrate that together. So the meeting of the second semester for the club was a party, and Sophie had dressed for it. She had sent out invitations to all the members, and hoped everyone would come. Hogwarts Monthly wasn't a big club, so if only a few people came it would be kind of a sad party.

All scraps of paper, bottles of ink, and cut out photographs were neatly put away. Instead, all the tables had some snacks or drinks on them and there were a few chairs around where people could sit and chat together. Soft music was playing in case anyone wanted to dance for whatever reason. Sophie had poured sparkling water into champagne glasses for an extra celebratory feel, something Amber had suggested to her. She wasn't sure if it would look stupid or not, but knew it was too late to back out now. She surveyed the room one last time, knowing that anyone from the club could come in any minute. She smiled a little to herself. Parties weren't her thing, exactly, but she was really proud of what they had accomplished over the past two years so far. A celebration was in order, and it only felt right to do that with the whole club.

Leda didn’t have many parties to go to, but to be honest it wasn’t her usual scene. The only time she spent with large crowds was during her lessons, and even then she could move away from those she disliked in the room. After receiving an invitation for a Hogwarts Monthly celebration, the slytherin was slightly apprehensive since she didn’t really know many of the others, and besides most of them were much younger than her. She’d contemplated for a while before deciding to attend, believing that it would be beneficial if she wanted to be known for her writing to get involved with tasks that were related to journalism. Leda slipped on a a simple red checkered dress, and made her way to the fifth floor, still unsure what she was supposed to do. She’d attended the dance because of her article, but it felt strange to be at an event in Hogwarts without Mervyn. Entering the room she must have been one of the first as the only person she could spot was Sophie. “Where’s everyone else?” She asked, suddenly wondering if she’d gotten the days or time messed up.

Sophie fixed one of the decorations that was starting to let loose from the wall when someone walked in. She turned to see Leda and gave the Slytherin a small smile. She looked nice in her dress, and Sophie was glad she had arrived for the party. Much like Sophie, parties didn't really seem to be Leda's thing, but Sophie had hoped everyone would join the celebration. "On their way, I would guess." Sophie said with a shrug. Leda wasn't particularly late, so she wasn't worried about others showing up. "Grab a drink, or whatever you want." She said with a small gesture at the things on offer.

While Sydney had enjoyed writing for the Hogwarts Monthly this year, it had been enjoyable to be able to see her own writing on display, even if it was about boring things like school events or other fluff columns, she was still a little leery of her clubmates and their editor in particular. Ever since their previous conversation, it had become apparently that Sydney had clearly underestimated Sophie and Sydney was unaccustomed to finding she actually cared about another person's opinion like she was starting to realize she did with Sophie. Stepping into the clubroom, Sydney gave Sophie and the other girl, Leda, who were already here a quick nod of greeting, making her way over to peruse the snack table. She appreciated the champaign classes, picking one up for herself, unsure if it was intended to be some sort of introspection on drinking culture or the state of the club's budget or something, but enjoying it for that reason non-the-less. "Good job this year." She offered, a little stiltedly to Leda and Sophie. She knew Leda had written a lot this semester, and Sydney was sincere in her begrudging respect for Sophie, so it didn't come across as empty a platitude as she might have speaking to anyone else. Sydney only hoped the pair appreciated it.

This marked the end of Cyzarine first year on the Hogwarts Monthly and boy was she happy about it. SHe had loved every second of it, writing every article, putting in all of the work that she had. It had been amazing so far and she wanted nothing more than to hopefully continue with it in the next. She loved finding things to write about, she enjoyed finding out what other people were writing and enjoyed the final product. Cyzarine bounced into the party and waved at the few others who were about the room. There weren’t that many people there and she didn’t know a lot of these people outside of the Hogwarts Monthly, but she approached the young slytherin girl whom she knew had started at the same time as her, ”Hey guys!” she greeted the people in the room with a warm friendly expression. ”The last issue was amazing,” the gryffindor smiled at all of them, all of the people in the room had been great for the issue they had just released. ”I’m already thinking about next year, aren’t you guys?” she grinned at them.

Joshua received the invite for the small gathering for the Hogwarts Monthly club. It was the first time an event like this was held since he joined the school's newspaper. Joshua wasn't big with parties, though, he did attend balls and other school events whenever he could in case he needed to write something about them. This was a party for them, he guessed a kind of pat-on-your-back party hosted by Sophie. She has done a heck of a job as the editor for the newspaper, Joshua didn't know how she managed it so well but she did. Arriving in a white button-up shirt, grey tie and slacks, Joshua saunters in casually keeping his cool. He wished they had been allowed to bring a friend to tag along, he could use the support. He was getting better at being social, it just takes him a while to feel at ease and comfortable in his surroundings. "Hey Sophie, hey," he greeted the Ravenclaw and the others. Joshua grabbed a nearby lucid glass filled with bubbly water, not his preference in drinks when he tasted the flavorless liquid. He sipped it down, either way, it was something and it helped him not have cotton mouth in front of the others.

Leda nodded, glad she had got the right place and wandered to take a look at the drinks table. It did seem very fancy for just a few of them, but she quite liked that. She turned at the sound of a noise, and saw as Sydney joined them, giving her a small smile when she told them they’d done well. “Yeah, you too.” She was a little envious of the younger students who’d figured out they wanted to join at a younger age, it meant they have more time to write things for the school paper. The Gryffindor quickly joined them, and Ledas eyes lit up when she asked whether they’d been thinking of next years already. Truth be told Leda knew exactly what she wanted to do, she just had to find a way of doing it and pay close attention to the next few weeks. “I do.” She admitted. This time she’d written more features than anything else, but with genuine curiosity she hoped she’d be able to satisfy in the next issue too. Before she could ask anymore, they were joined by the Ravenclaw in her year, but as Joshua headed over to Sophie, Leda returned her gaze to the others. “I’m not the only one, right?” She asked, perhaps she was coming off overly keen?

Leda's words had given Sophie a little bit of worry about if anyone else would show up, so she was relieved when Sydney entered the room. The younger girl was someone Sophie had a soft spot for, partly because she reminded Sophie of herself. She smiled at the girl's words. "You did a good job too." She said with a nod. Sydney had picked up the work well, probably the best out of the first year students who had joined the paper. Cyzarine did a good job as well, Sophie reflected as she walked in. It was encouraging to know some of the younger students were taking it seriously. "I'm always thinking of the next issue, honestly." She said as the Gryffindor asked if they were thinking about next year yet. "I'm glad I'm not the only one." Leda seemed to agree, and Sophie shot her a smile. But someone had come in that she needed to talk to, so she headed over to Joshua. "Hey Joshua, can I ask you something?" She figured the others would get lost in their own conversations, and she could talk to Joshua about something regarding the club.

Joshua was trying to keep up with whatever they were discussing, he guessed already it was monthly related. He caught on with what Leda and Sophie were saying, the next issue? He wasn't ready to think about the next issue, although, he did enjoy interviewing Mrs. Holland. It was nice to try something new and get used to giving interviews. Mrs. Holland's interview was insightful, and he can't forget Willow Cullen. His interview with Willow was a little different from Mrs. Holland, Joshua felt like the Gryffindor was holding back from saying too much. It was still nice to chat with Willow. "Huh, yeah sure," Joshua nodded, distancing himself from the others to speak to Sophie. "What's up?"

Caro was relieved to have gotten another issue of the Monthly out without problems. Seeing the fruits of hard work on paper was always rewarding, and Caro would be happy to sit back and celebrate with the other people on the Monthly. She still had a bit more left to do for Accio, but there was nothing wrong with taking some time to celebrate one completeted job before focusing on another. Caro slipped into the room, dismayed to see Sophie already busy talking to people and decided to get a drink, sipping her juice quietly. Caro's heart sank as she realised how little she knew these people, and a sad, desperate part of her wished Nixon was still around, even after he had hurt her so badly.

Sophie noticed Caro entered the room and gave her friend a quick smile, but then she turned back to Joshua, who she was speaking to. She decided to cut straight to the point. "Last year, I had Noemie to help me as assistant editor. I managed it on my own this year... but since you've been with the paper for a while, I was wondering if you wanted to take up that position next year?" She asked him simply. "If you don't, that's alright. Just tell me honestly." She added. She had no use of a polite agreement without conviction. If Joshua took this position, she would rely on him for help.

Nell couldn't believe she was late for the Hogwarts Monthly party. She had filled her Hogwarts schedule up to the brim with fun activities and it was starting to get a little stressful. There was always something else that needed doing, something to make or attend, to say nothing of her regular homework as well. If it came down to it, Nell didn't know how she would choose which clubs to stay in and which clubs to leave. She at least knew for certain she would never leave the Monthly though. It was so much fun, writing things to actually be published, and Nell always felt proud looking at their finished product when the paper was done, and enjoying the experience of seeing her writing in print. So she was embarrassed to be late to the celebration party for their latest issue, hurrying into the clubroom with a huff. The party already looked to be in full swing, so Nell wandered over to get something to nibble, looking around at her fellow club members quietly.

Joshua wasn't prepared for what Sophie was to going to say, he was pretty shocked to hear Sophie asked him to be an assistant editor. Joshua felt that she was mistaken, yes, he's been part of the Hogwarts Monthly for a while now. Yet, he doubts himself to be ready for that kind of position. Truthfully, he felt that anybody would be better in that position compared to him. Despite his silent doubts, Joshua found himself nodding accepting that position as assistant editor. Joshua liked writing for the paper, and if there was any way he could help Sophie he'll do it. "I...can try, Sophie. Just tell me what to do and..I'll try," Joshua gave her an uneasy smile. It's not a very convincing answer, he was being honest when he said he'll try. "How hard could it be?"

Sophie hadn't expected Joshua to be so surprised, he was clearly one of the older and more seasoned members of the group. Caro would have been a good choice too, but she was graduating along with Sophie at the end of next year. It would he nice to have someone left in the group who knew things about being an editor. She had hoped the boy would be enthusiastic, but it was clear he was a bit nervous about the position. Sophie kept her best friendly look on her face to mask her disappointment. "Of course I'll help you. I'm sure you'll do fine." She said with a nod. His last question gave her pause. It wasn't hard, exactly. But it took a lot of time and work. She hoped Joshua would be prepared to take it on. "We'll talk about it more next year, will you help me at the Club fair next year?"

Joshua probably hadn't given the answer she was seeking, he was only being fair and honest with his fellow Ravenclaw. "Okay, yeah if you say so," Joshua nodded, he trusted Sophie to point him in the right direction. She has done so for the last few editions of the Hogwarts Monthly, his doubts will hold him back if he let them. He can't let that happen. "Yes, I will. I'll be there, you can count on me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back