OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
With Y9 winding to its close it is important that you lot, the roleplayers, are absolutely clear on the dates for all major changes as Y9 comes to its end and our preparation for Y10 begins.

Here is how things are working, or have been worked, in chronological order:Tri-Wizard Tournament
The tournament was roleplayed as closed this past Tuesday. Attendees and champions have until tomorrow (Saturday) EDT before things go back to 'normal'. (Their masks reset and forums are closed/moved back in to place.)

Graduation
Graduation was opened late Wednesday night. It will run until Thursday the 13th of May.

Exams
Exams will open on the 10th of May, closing on the 12th of May. Students in their fifth and seventh years (taking OWL and NEWT exams, respectively) may receive an extension on exams until the 14th of May from professors. Be sure to enquire with individual professors with regard to that.

End of the Year Feast
The End of the Year Feast will be opened on the 13th of May, in the Great Hall forum.

Group Promotions
All school characters will be promoted to their next group (next year level, or their new status as prefect/headboy/headgirl) on the 13th of May.
Graduating students will be placed in a "Graduates" group to conclude any outstanding roleplays in Hogwarts. Contact will be made to graduates regarding that group specifically when promotions are made.

Holiday Forums
Holiday forums open to Hogwarts students on the 14th of May, this includes "All Around the Wizarding World".

Final Grades
Final grades are due to be posted by professors in individual classroom forums on the 14th or 15th of May. (Preferably the 14th.)

Sorting Opens
Sorting opens on the 16th of May! ^_^ Get ready for some awesome new first years as we rev up again for Y10! :D

I hope that helps some of you, and be sure to check this list if you're unsure of what is upcoming in the next week for your account and school/site events. Much of it is also outlined on the site calendar.

Thanks,

~Nick

P.S: Should you have any questions/concerns, just post them here! ^_^

I'd almost forgotten about sorting. Guess I'll have to come up with a story for Mortimer Ruthven after all...

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm nuts :tut: But are we missing a week on the calendar? It seems in previous years we've had seven weeks in a semester. Six weeks of class and then that one week before exams to catch everything up. :erm:

I've stated this to various people and meant to include it in this announcement, but I suppose I forgot. I also stated this in the PM you sent me where this was also referenced (why it was needed in both locals, I'm unsure): It was a simple counting error on my part which, when realized, was too late to fix.

Filling in the calendar is extraordinarily tedious and takes me about an hour for each year on the site. I physically take out a calendar and mark out dates in pencil, then apply it to the board because the way dates are set up, all dates are placed relative to a single date, it's a lot of counting.
So one error in several in character years worth of dates, I can live with.

I never meant to offend. At the time I posted here, I was unsure of whether or not we had seven weeks. In the pm, I had already checked, and I was sure that we had had seven weeks previously (and that was part of the apology I had added to the message anyway.) I know that it was a counting error. I am not that worried about it. ;)

That calendar sounds like a heck of a lot of work, and I can understand that it would be easy to make an error. I'm sorry if I came off as rude or unappreciative. :hug:

I feared I might have come off as short. :(

Oh well. I reworked my reply several times trying not to be. :r :tut:

Yay! It's almost sorting time again!
I don't even have any characters that are going to be sorted, but I'm still excited. I love sorting! :frantics: Haha, HNZ, you keep me amused.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back