OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hello everybody! Well, as Y7 on HNZ wraps itself up we're finding ourselves very busy, trying to ensure HNZ's first ever Graduation ceremony goes off without a hitch while still trying to keep unsorteds at bay ( :wub: ) and all the other end-'o'-the-year things happening. With all of that in mind here are the important points that anybody with a student character (or soon to be student character) should know.

Graduation - Graduation will be closing this Saturday (the fifth of September). The threads for graduation will be locked and moved in to the Great Hall forum while the Graduation forum itself will be deleted. Anybody who was invited to attend the graduation ceremony, and all graduates, have until then to enjoy their roleplays and wrap up any loose ends.

User-Group Promotions - All current Hogwarts students will be promoted to their Y8 usergroup Saturday as well. This means that all first years will become second years, seconds years will be third years and so on. This also means that next year's prefects and Head Boy/Head Girl will be promoted at this time. Along with these promotions will come a personal message informing you that your account changed usergroups, the PM will also tell you what supplies your character will need for their coming year at Hogwarts.
[ul][li]What does this means for current seventh-years/graduates?
Well, a graduate group has been set up for you all with a Hogwarts-viewing permission mask (so you can see the school and post in it in order to complete exams/wrap up RPs). You will all be removed from said group by the 12[sup]th[/sup] of September. So you will have until that date to RP around the school, finish up Quidditch, write your NEWTs - then it's off to the Wizarding world with your accounts! :frantics: [/li][/ul]
Exams - Exams are scheduled for Monday (the 7[sup]th[/sup] of September) through Wednesday (the 9[sup]th[/sup] of September). By the time exams begin you will already be in your Y8 usergroups - you should still make sure to do Y7 exams! The exams will still affect your character's grades in courses and possibly their future after Hogwarts. :) The personal messages you receive regarding group promotions will also include a reminder about exams.

Sorting - Yes, sorting. Sorting has been moved up to Sunday, the 6[sup]th[/sup] of September. On that date the sorting forum will become visible to all users with very clear instructions on how to have your character sorted. Not interested in sorting? You can apply for your character to transfer to HNZ once sorting opens, as well. Instructions for that will be posted at the same time.
[ul][li]A memo to soon-to-be-sorted students:
You will be sorted before Y7 is technically over. Other students will still be writing their exams, and finishing up their Y7 RPs. Your characters won't be in Hogwarts until Y8! Therefore we kindly request that though you may be sorted you do not:
[ol][li]Post in Hogwarts until after the 'End of the Year Feast'</LI>
<LI>[li]Post in any RPs in Hogwarts which are set in Y7 (before your character arrives).[/li][/ol]
A global announcement will be posted to remind you of the above, then another will be posted when it's alright for your characters to be RPing freely around the school. :) (Thanks for your understanding in this matter ;) )[/li][/ul]

Thanks for taking the time to read this announcement, I hope it makes sense to you all. :)
If you have any questions or concerns about the end of Y7 or beginning of Y8 (because it is a bit of an off transition period) feel free to PM an administrator or post your concerns here (if you have a question, it is likely that somebody else has that question too)!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

FINALLY! XD

Will NEWTS be sent via PM, or will they be in the Great Hall/ Classes?

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
I could be wrong but I would imagine that like OWLs they will be posted up in the class rooms and you pm them to the relevant professors.
This ^_^

After Sunday, will the un-sorted section no longer be available for un-sorted students?

What about Brightstone? Will that be available from Sunday, or only after the exams?

Eeep, :tony: is excited!

Tony Alraurjumps in the bat mobile. "Come on bat-girl!"

After Sunday, will the un-sorted section no longer be available for un-sorted students?
The unsorted section is open to unsorted students all the time. As soon as you are sorted, however, it will no longer be visible to you.
What about Brightstone? Will that be available from Sunday, or only after the exams?
Both Brightstone and Obsidian will be visible to newly sorted first years from the second they're sorted until the beginning of the new year. :)

Is Brightstone village going to be open to everyone at the same time? I need to get my shopping done.

Yes and no.
For instance:
Graduates will be moved in to a special usergroup which may allow them to temporarily post both inside and outside of HNZ.
Soon-to-be-sorted First Years will be able to see both the school and outside the school from the moment they're sorted.
All other current Hogwarts Students will see Brightstone etc. at the same time, yes. But that could be any time from Saturday to next Thursday. :lol: ;)
It's mostly a matter of when I have time to do it. I figure it may be on Saturday when I do group promotions, too. :)

When does the school year actually begin? (IC and RL) How long are the winter holidays?

Nicolas said:
Sorting - Yes, sorting. Sorting has been moved up to Sunday, the 6th of September. On that date the sorting forum will become visible to all users with very clear instructions on how to have your character sorted. Not interested in sorting? You can apply for your character to transfer to HNZ once sorting opens, as well. Instructions for that will be posted at the same time.

WEWT!!!

Nicolas King said:
That's all answered on the site calendar (clickeh!). :)
:doh: Thanks, I should have looked there first.

So we're pretty much skipping winter? No July/August? I'm not complaining, I can't wait to be sorted. *sings* "Tomorrow, tomorrow, It's sorting, tomorrow, it's only a daaaaaay awaaaaaaay!"

We still have winter, (Our winter break is from the 11th to the 21st). But it is much shorter OOC because the full school year is equal to about... 16 weeks I think.
So IC it's Autumn, soon it will be Winter and then a few weeks later it will be Spring (on the 21st, in fact).

(Do correct me if I'm wrong somebody, I'd hate to give someone the wrong information.)

TOMORROW IS GONNA ROCK THIS WORLD PEOPLE TOMORROW IS SORTING!!!

*Hopes for Ravenclaw or Slytherin*

Sorry to be like a bother but what time do we expect sorting to begin? What time zone?

Gregory Yearling said:
We still have winter, (Our winter break is from the 11th to the 21st). But it is much shorter OOC because the full school year is equal to about... 16 weeks I think.
So IC it's Autumn, soon it will be Winter and then a few weeks later it will be Spring (on the 21st, in fact).

(Do correct me if I'm wrong somebody, I'd hate to give someone the wrong information.)
This is accurate. :)

James Gardner: My time zone is EST. So some time after 11AM EST (because I'm going to church in the morning and church is more important than sorting). :)

Does the sorting also apply to people that wanted positions in the Ministry as well? I'm not trying to rush anyone or anything, just curious. :]

Kale Thomas said:
Does the sorting also apply to people that wanted positions in the Ministry as well? I'm not trying to rush anyone or anything, just curious. :]
Haha - no. I've just been super busy with trying to set up sorting that I haven't gotten a chance to look at other applications.

Sorry, Kale. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back