Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Open after Kiersten posts with Adorah

Aisa had asked Adorah to the dance, and was now waiting to meet her date. She still couldn't entirely believe she had managed to ask the girl she had a crush on, and that she had said yes. Aisa hoped the Ravenclaw wouldn't mind that she also had her camera with her, as she also had her Accio duties to do. She needed to take pictures for the yearbook, as this was one of the final events that would make it in there. But she had seen other people from Accio with dates before, so why couldn't she? Surely, she could balance it well enough. She hoped. Aisa fiddled with a few buttons on her camera and started to take photos of the decorations while she waited for Adorah to show up. Maybe those would be good to use alongside pictures of everyone in their outfits, to set the tone. Not that the decorations ever changed, so maybe they could use pictures from last year instead.

Adorah nervously made her way into the Great Hall and looked around for Aisa. She didn't know how this whole date at the dance thing worked, but she was just excited to be going with someone. She admired the decorations, as usual. They were always able to transform the Great Hall so it never seemed like the place they came every day for lunch, and Adorah admired that. As she walked in, she spotted Aisa fiddling with her camera and smiled. Her heart started to race a little bit as she walked closer. She hoped her cheeks weren't too flushed. "You look really pretty," she said to the Gryffindor. Their outfits both fit into the Valentine theme, and even though Adorah was not usually a fan of reds and pinks, today she thought they were okay.

Aisa first saw Adorah through the lens of her camera, and quickly lowered it. Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of her. She was looking very cute, and Aisa felt almost shy for a moment. But before she could complimant the Ravenclaw, the other girl beat her to it. Aisa smiled slightly. "I was going to say the same thing. That's a very cute dress." She told her honestly. "Very fitting, too." She added. "I hope you don't mind if I have to run off to take some pictures sometimes, too." She added, deciding to be upfront about it. "For Accio, you know? But I'll try to be a good date too." Aisa was speaking more than she normally did. She was nervous, she realized. "Sorry, I've never been with anyone to these things before." She admitted finally. "I usually just take pictures."

Adorah found the way Aisa talked adorable. She knew the girl usually took pictures for dances and wasn't surprised this was the case for this event. "Thank you for the compliment. I'm sure you'll be a great date. I haven't been to a dance with anyone before either, to be honest." She rubbed her arm and then looked at the camera. "Maybe we could get a picture of us, and then I could get us some drinks?" Adorah was surprised that she took the initiative in this case, as she usually would have waited for Aisa to direct her in the right direction. She hoped she hadn't been too forward suggesting a picture, but since the Gryffindor had a camera, she didn't find it too odd.

Aisa was embarrassed by how she was acting. Normally she could keep a cool head easily, what was it about tonight that made it so difficult? She was at least glad to hear thsi was all new to Adorah too, though that did mean they were possibly both a bit lost about what to do at things like this. Aisa smiled at Adorah's suggestion, lifting up the camera. "That could work." She said. "Good idea." She said, then looked around. "There's a nice backdrop." She said, leading Adorah over to what was mostly a plain wall, but with the flower petals around it did look pretty nice. She stood close to Adorah, then held up the camera so it was facing them. She never took pictures this way, and could only hope it would turn out alright. "Three, two, one..." She said, then the camera flashed. "I'll develop this one in the Accio room later, could... get you a copy, if you wanted." She offered.

Adorah took a deep breath when Aisa agreed to take a picture with her. She walked over with her date and then stood beside her, unsure what to do with her hands or just herself in general. She didn't have a lot of pictures of herself, and she felt awkward just standing. Trying to put on a good smile, she let Aisa take the picture and then relaxed. Adorah smiled when Aisa offered her a copy. "Yeah, that would be nice if it's not too much trouble," she responded. She focused on the music for a moment, which was rather upbeat, and looked over at the refreshment table. "I'll go get us some drinks," she reminded the girl and walked over to the refreshment table, looking around at everyone else. Why was she so nervous? It was just a dance, just a date. She walked back to Aisa and handed her the beverage. "I hope you like raspberry," she laughed. It wasn't her favorite, but it fit the theme of the evening. "We can go walk around if you need to take some pictures," she suggested, unsure of how occupied Aisa would be during the event.

Aisa was pleased she had taken a photo of this night, and also happy she could develop it in the Accio room whenever she wanted. She had the feeling she would want to keep a memory of the evening, as so far it was pretty great. She nodded. "Sure thing." She said, trying to sound more casual again. She had lost her composure a bit earlier, but was slowly starting to relax. Aisa waited for Adorah to grab them drinks, then looked at the bright pink punch a little distrustfully before taking a sip. "Well, it's alright." She said with a small shrug. She wouldn't have picked something so sweet herself, but the people planning the party clearly wanted badly to stay with the theme. "I think that's a good idea." She said. "Then after that... would you want to dance?" She asked the other girl, not sure what possessed her. She had never danced at one of these events before.

Adorah giggled when Aisa also didn't seem to like the punch. She would have much preferred water to something that reminded her of stinky shoes. She reluctantly took another sip of the punch and almost choked when Aisa asked if she'd liked to dance. "Yeah, I love to dance," she said quickly but then was worried about seeming too eager. "I mean... it would be really fun to dance with you." She tried to make eye contact and then looked towards the other students. "But before, you wanna get some photos? I'll follow you, Ms. Photographer." She smiled and flattened out her dress a bit after placing her glass of punch on a nearby table. She wouldn't really miss it.

As Adorah said she loved to dance, Aisa's confidence wilted a bit more. She knew music, could play guitar, but dancing was something hse had little experience in. But she had suggested it, so she couldn't back out. Aisa took another sip of the punch, but then abandoned it next to Adorah's punch as they headed off. They went around the great hall, and Aisa took photos of the dancing people, as well as some couples together or people on their own for the yearbook. Once she had taken quite a few, she turned to Adorah with a nervous smile. "Should we dance now?" She asked her, wondering if this was a good idea. She felt out of her depth, but there was something exciting in that too. And if Adorah knew what she was doing, maybe Aisa could pick it up fairly quickly. "I'm not good." She told her, just as a warning.

OOC: Hope it's okay I skipped a bit of time!

Adorah enjoyed walking around with Aisa and watching her in her element taking pictures. Plus, it allowed Adorah to view the students and watch them have fun. Some were hanging out at tables canoodaling. Others were dancing on the floor to the current upbeat tunes. She watched as dates danced with each other and started to get nervous to dance with Aisa. What if she found her dance skills amusing or terrible? However, Aisa seemed to downplay her dance skills and Adorah sighed with a laugh. "Me too. I guess we can dance badly together." She walked onto the dance floor and tried to find the beat of the current song and bobbing her head and looking at Adorah. She wasn't sure if they were supposed to make conversation as they danced, but she found it rather awkward to just stare at each other. "So, umm, thanks again for asking me to the dance. Are you having a good time so far?" Why was she so bad at conversating with someone she was excited to be here with?

Aisa felt more at ease as soon as Adorah spoke. Knowing she also didn't think she could dance very well made Aisa feel more comfortable. It was less like she had to be on a certain level, and that was reassuring. "Alright." She said with a slight smile, following the Ravenclaw to the dance floor. She moved to the music as well, following her lead. At her question, Aisa's smile widened. "I am." She said. "I'm glad I asked you. My friend Sully always tells me I need to have more fun at these events, and this is definitely the most fun I've ever had at one." She admitted. "I usually just take the photos." She said with a small shrug. "Are you having a good time?"

Adorah smiled at Aisa as she danced. It was nice to have a good time with someone without the stress of classes or anything else going. She twirled a little to spin her dress and gave small laugh as Aisa talked to her. "I'm glad you asked me, too. I'm having a blast," the Ravenclaw responded. "I know of Sully... they're in our year, right?" Adorah didn't have a lot of close friends at school, but she was honestly content with that. Lots of friendships meant less time to focus on her studies. As the song finished, a slower tune began to play and Adorah felt tense. Were they supposed to slow dance, or maybe Aisa didn't want to do that with her. "Do you still want to dance to this?" she asked as she stood still, unsure of what the next steps were on their date.

OOC: You can godmod Adorah dancing with Aisa if that's what she wants to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back