Dungeons & Dragons: Game 1

While Gideon flashes his 'axes' around, Arvel glanced over the Gryffindor's shoulder to see a girl he vaguely recognised from his common room walking slowly closer to the table. Then he looked away, afraid she might spot him looking, and rolled his dice. "Ten," he read out, hoping that wasn't a bad number. When he looked up again, the girl was gone.

Perry had no clue what he would do with the troll. The decision was important and he had to say something. ''I would talk with the troll and find out what he has against hobbits'' Perry muttered ''Take a democratic approach'' It did sound ridiculous and the other had way more imitative answers. ''Maybe his parents or girlfriend was killed by a herd of them'' Perry smiled, it still sounded stupid, but he let his imagination lose. The things Gideon said were going a bit over his head.

His imagination wasn't as broad and he felt a bit too much out of his comfort zone. He was doubting his decisions to join this game.

Maggie watched closely as Alistair and Arvel rolled their dice, and checking her notes she tried to stifle a small laugh. After Perry had mentioned the actions he wanted to take, she felt as though she was ready to give them the outcome of their lucky dice. "You are very fortunate, and his friend is currently in the bathroom, however he has not taken kindly to your comments." It was true, they could have rolled a lower number and the group would have found themselves in an even more difficult situation, but they shouldn't underestimate the power of their scores. "Hirthalion the Observant tries to speak up, but her voice is almost drowned out by the sound of the trolls angered moans. Cytri and Comeme try to apologise, offering him a beverage for him and his.. owner?" Maggie gave Alistair a quick quizzical look, before her voice transformed once more into that of the green creature beside their table. "''ow dare you, you imp. You fink we 'ave owners do you?" Maggie paused for a moment, and in her usual voice she added "The troll begins to push against the table, and it moves under his weight. After a moment, your team realises that he is trying to unsheath a dagger from his belt. He is unhappy, and it is clear he has not appreciated your comment!" She pointed at Alistair, but gave him a quick reassuring smile before she fell back into character. "The troll is now very angry and it will take more than words to defend yourselves. You only have a few minutes before his friend comes back from the bathroom, and you still need to get the quest from the barman. Does anyone choose to fight?" She asked the group, hoping they were following along without too many problems.

Gideon listened intently as the drama continued to unfold, letting the others try to talk their way through the scenario before it became apparent that it wasn't working out too well. "I do. While the troll tries to unsheath his dagger, I cross Alice and Florence over like a pair of axe-scissors and jump up towards him. I want to try chop off his head." The Gryffindor crossed his forks over and made a snipping motion with the pair of them. This troll was going down if it thought it could mess with them.

When Gideon wanted to slay the troll Perry nodded. He didn't really know what else they could do. Maybe the rogue could steal the dagger, but a troll was pretty strong. Perry nodded and said ''If talking doesn't work and he starts to bring violence, I will defend my team and myself out of self defense'' It seemed like a good response to give, but it could also get him killed. He looked at Geo and tried to see if her face was telling him something. In the end he just shot her a smile.

The game was still confusing, and despite wanting to inform the girl about the fact trolls should be accompanied by a Ministry professional in such a public area, he thought perhaps it wasn't the case for this setting, as bizarre as it was to him for a troll to casually drink at a bar. He didn't know how to respond to being singled out by this enemy, and as one of the older boys said he was going to attack, Alistair sat back. "I'll just wait and see what happens, but um, like, I'll be ready to heal if anyone gets hurt?"

Geo watched with slight confusion as the game progressed. She'd never seen a game of Dungeons and Dragons in action before, and she wondered how Perry was finding it. As he peered up at her, the third year slid down from the table to take a seat beside him, rereading the cards he'd chosen. "Good choice," she said when he decided to play defensive. She probably would have done the same thing. She loved to her herself into the middle of fights if she thought she could help, but if others were going to try and attack first the best thing would probably be to wait and see what happened to them. She turned to whisper a few words of strategy to the Gryffindor, and even though she wasn't sure exactly how the game was played yet, she was keen to see how it unfolded.

The first year nodded, glad that at least a couple of people were going to fight. She'd played one game with her brother and his friends but none of them seemed to want to get involved in fear of dying. "You two roll your dice for attack, Alistair roll for healing just in case it Is needed" she instructed, wondering whether anyone was going to get a beating from the first beast they encountered. The older Hufflepuff seemed to have begun helping Perry, but Maggie didn't mind if it helped everyone have an enjoyable game.

Perry rolled his dice and was scared when he saw the number. It was high and he didn't know if it was good or not. ''Is eighteen good or really bad?'' Perry muttered, he looked at Geo maybe she knew more about this game then he did. He needed some support now. She seemed to know more about strategy and Perry made sure he was going to follow it for the next round to come if he was still alive.

"I think that's good" Geo whispered to her Gryffindor companion, watching and waiting to see what Maggie was going to say. Self defence seemed like a good move though, and she hoped that she wasn't about to witness the first death of the game. If she was, it was a dumb game. They were meant to be fun and Geo waited for the others to roll the dice to determine their outcomes.

Gideon waited for Perry to roll his die before rolling his, nodding his head in confirmation that it was a good number. "Eighteen is really good. The higher you get the more successful you are. If you get a nat twenty its the best possible outcome. If you roll a one its a critical fail, which is the worst. Watch me get a five or something and fail spectacularly." He laughed, knowing his poor luck at times, the cool move he was envisioning probably wasn't going to go anything like he planned. The die rolled across the table, and he leaned forward to see its top number. "Sh*t yeah, nineteen! This troll is going down!"

Alsitair quietly waited for his turn, but by the looks of things, his healing probably wasn't going to be needed at all. Still, he rolled the dice after Gideons turn. "Fourteen." He said aloud. It seemed like an okay roll now that the numbers were explained a bit better. Nothing like the two attack rolls, but still not the worst he guessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back