Drage Herrogard 4

"You know it is not polite to speak so of your father, especially when there are those here who would be more than happy to tell him what you have said."

The seventeen year old version of Sammael smirked smugly at Sophia. He had of course heard of her from Sammael, but was slightly surprised to see her down here. "You know Brunhilde is right, this place is for the Master of the Herrogard, not children like yourself."
<i></i>

"Knall," Estrella replied quietly, smiling a bit at Brunhilde, and looking down the corridor, she saw that Sophia was still talking to that same portrait. "Sophia's a- What was it again- Pyrotechnic? No, pyrokinetic, that was it." She was itching to catch up with Sophia, although she didn't want to offend Brunhild more than she already had.

Tristan was quite surprised to hear someone down in the hall- He hadn't for ages. Yawning dramatically in his portrait, his seventeen year old self chuckled, grinning at Sophia, the polar opposite of Sammael. He of course had no idea what had transpired with himself over the years, and was still as happy go lucky as he had been at that age.

"Pay Sammy no mind," he told the girl with the golden eyes, "He's always a bit on the touchy side. Gets miffed at me everytime I tell him to pull that giant stick out of his, well, you know where."

Sophia was caught quite off guard by the sound of a voice behind her, having forgotten that she was in a hall of portraits. She turned around and was quite surprised to see a portrait of her father speaking to her.

"Well, what do you plan on doing about it then?" She crossed her arms over her chest and stared defiantly at the portrait. Although her father was only a few years older than her in the portrait she still felt like she was speaking to him now.

"I see," Brunhild replied, "Both are most noble."

Looking down at Estrella, she sighed, "If you must visit the others, feel free to. Although, I shall take no grief from the master if he catches you." She slunked down a bit, and then said, "Well, aren't you going to go?"

"Do NOT call me Sammy!" Sammael yelled at Tristan. "I HATE it when you do that and you know it!" He huffed and crosssed his arms over his chest much like Sophia had just done and turned so he couldn't see Tristan, Sophia now completely out of his interest.<i></i>

Sophia turned back to face Larkana, smiling. "They do seem rather immature for seventeen. I know more well-behaved boys at school."

Tristan, having been woken up and his interest piqued, singing tauntingly in a high pitched tone, "Little baby Sammy is upset? AWWWWW! Sammy pammy pudding and pie, kissed the boys and made them cry-"

He grinned immaturely, knowing that he would irritated his younger cousin, or brother, as he should be seeing it, and sat back in his chair, the very picture of a lax teenager who still had a way to grow up.

Estrella nodded to Brunhild, giving her a solemn "Thank you" before continuing down the hall, catching up with Sophia.

On the right side, she observed a man before Valcan, who she supposed was probably Valcan's father. He was like me too, she thought to herself, glancing him over. He did not speak, however, only looked at her, a ring glinting on his finger.

daniel_craig_4.jpg

After this was Valcan, who was also silent and brooding, the picture of sterness even at seventeen.

Sean.jpg

However, the man she recognized instantly as her father was nothing of the like, acting quite young for his age from what she could see. Crossing her arms a bit, she looked at him for a moment, noticing that the same ring was on his finger as had been on Lycan's. He seemed too preoccupied with taunting a young Sammael, and she observed Lief, who was also quiet.

PaulBettany17.jpg

That being the end of the line for the men, she turned to the women's side, reading the name of the woman that Sophia was in conversation with. Larkana. She liked the name; it was pretty, as was the woman that the name had been given to.

The last portrait on the woman's side was an equally beautiful woman, appearing to have been made for portraits, like a model or somesuch. This woman was silent, however, and instead she turned to the woman that Sophia was talkign to, which would be Sophia's grandmother.

cateblanchett-2.jpg

"Hi," she introduced herself quite awkwardly, not wanting to bud in to Sophia's conversation.

"Aw, did I hurt little Sammy's feelings?" Tristan goaded his younger cousin, laughing as he was put into a headlock, standing up in the portrait. His height gave him an advantage, and he wondered if Sammael could hold on.

Tristan was of course quite a bit taller than Sammael, but he held on nonetheless. As his feet were no longer touching the ground Sammael began to kick then about, trying to kick Tristan in the shins.<i></i>

"Hello there," Larkana said with a smile to Estrella. She had decided to ignore Tristan and Sammael's bickering and focus on Sophia and her friend. "And who might you be?"

"Estrella Drage," Estrella replied meekly, her attention turning to the two boys, and then she looked back to Larkana and Sophia. "You know, I don't know if I like them better this way, being immature and all, or all mature and cold like they are now."

"YOU LITTLE BUGGER!" Tristan swore as Sammael administered a swift kick to his shin, placing his hands under his cousin's body and trying to flip him over. Yelling over Sammael, he said to the new girl that had just arrived, "Who ya calling immature? Sammy and I are just sorting out some issues." Curling his large hand into a fist, he rubbed his knuckles against the top of Sammael's head in a semi-affectionate way.

Estrella coughed, rolling her eyes. "I think it's quite obvious who I'm calling immature," she scoffed, feeling extremely odd talking this way to a teenage version of her father and her supposed cousin.

"WHY...YOU!" Sammael struggled as Tristan rubbed his fist against his head and precious blonde hair. "YOU WILL PAY!" He kicked his feet once more, trying to strike Tristan in the shins yet again. He hoped this would end soon, not enjoying looking like a buffoon in front of company.<i></i>

Larkana giggled at the boys. "It never gets old." Moving her golden eyes back to Estrella she smiled warmly. "It is a pleasure to meet you Estrella Drage. But you two really should be going. You are not supposed to be down here."

"Yeah, you're not supposed to be down here," Tristan echoed, sticking his tongue out at the girls, and dropping Sammael suddenly. "Pay with what? I think you have more than enough as far as material, Sammy boy." He laughed as he wondered if Sam was going to catch himself on his feet.

Estrella fought the impulse to stick her tongue back out at her father, turning to Larkana and asking, "Why can't we be down here, anyway? What is there to hide?" Her eyes were wide in curiosity, as she looked down the corridor. The end of it led to yet another door.

Valcan disapparated home after the end of his work day, in a slightly alleviated mood. Things were going well in the government with him, and he was looking forward to a large dinner. Politics, of course, were his forte, and he excelled at them. Cracking his knuckles as he stepped onto the antique carpet of the library, he was particularly pleased that he had no opponents to dispose of lately and in the near future.

"Persephone," he murmured, waiting for the house elf to appear.

"You need my assistance, Master Valcan?" Persephone said waveringly as she trembled in her spot, having disapparated to his side quickly. She had seen where the girls had gone, and she knew that her Master would be angry. She didn't like it when he was angry.

"Of course- What is for dinner tonight? And where are the girls? I wish to speak with them," Valcan replied curtly, handing Persephone his jacket to be hung up.

"Salmon, sir, and any side you would like," Persephone replied, her tone unsure as she shifted from foot to foot. Looking up at him with her bulbuous eyes, she finally managed to spit out, "Miss Estrella and Miss Sophia have broken the rules." Deciding not to let him play a guessing game, she continued, "I saw them go into the study, Master."

Valcan was quite pleased that salmon was being prepared, but the kindness in his golden eyes was replaced with immense rage as he heard what Persephone had to say. "WHAT?" he exclaimed, immediately trying to calm himself down. He couldn't discipline his grandchildren as he had his own children, even though every instinct in his body begged to let his rage be released.

Persephone disapparated quickly to the kitchens after hanging up her Master's coat, not wanting to be in Valcan's way when he found his granddaughters.

His muscles bulging like boulders beneath his shirt, his arms swinging like a lumberjack's, Valcan was quickly in his study. Nothing appeared disturbed; he had left the door open as a test to the girls. He had never actually locked it, but now that he knew that he could not trust their word, at least Estrella's, he would have to be more careful.

A growl was suspended in the back of his throat as his golden eyes fell on the open door, and he knew where they had gone- Downstairs, into the hall of portraits. A dangerous expression on his face, he decided to take the long way around to the other side of the corridor, so that he would arrive on the side of the more modern portraits.

He was extremely quiet as he lurked in the shadows, opening the door quietly and moving as delicately as possible, observing with a pang the girls talking to Larkana, his long dead twin. His golden eyes glowing in the shadows, he finally decided to make an appearance, attempting to sneak up on the two.

"Because you were told to not be down here, specifically," he growled quietly, his voice rising in intensity as he made himself visible in the light, "A true and simple demand that you seem to have no regards to follow." Risen up to his full height, he ignored the usual banter of Sammael and Tristan, commanding total silence in the room. "So the question, Estrella, should not be why you cannot be down here, but why you are down here in the first place."

Estrella jumped as Valcan seemed to disappear out of thin air, a bead of sweat breaking out on her brow. I didn't hear anyone apparate! she thought to herself, wanting to kick herself for it. Of course, she had made the mistake of shooting her mouth off again, earning herself a retort that seemed rather cliche.

She attempted to stand tall, although she felt ultimately minuscule under Valcan's gaze and towering presence. "Nice, erm, family we've got here," she said, attempting to rescue herself before she could topple infallibly into an abyss. She could not bring herself to grin, however, regarding Valcan with her dark eyes.

Would he dare to hurt herself or Sophia? By his stance she didn't think so, although she could never be sure.

Sophia had been staring in awe at Larkana, finding her absolutely breathtaking. She was quite taken by surprise when Valcan appeared perfectly on cue. Turning she put her golden eyed gaze upon him and merely stared in stony silence. Sophia had nothing to add, as this was not her idea and she was sure anything she said would only make matters worse.

Valcan's eyes narrowed, stepping forward a bit but keeping his voice at the same calm tone, surprisingly enough. Had the situation not been so dire, he would have had no hesitation knocking Estrella to the ground as he would one of his own children.

His eyes moved over to Sophia, who didn't offer any input on the situation. Smart on her part, and he smirked inwardly to himself; her parents had nailed at least some admirable qualities in her brain well.

"You failed to meet the point," he replied gruffly, feeling quite embarrassed that he was not yelling, especially in front of his forebears. "What was your purpose of coming down here? Besides defying my word and will, of course?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back