Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was once again in the vast library, kicking her feet over the arm of a chair in what was probably an unladylike way. She had been at the Herrogard for quite some time, and had barely spoken a word to Sophia. Having her around was commonplace this days, as was the incentive not to speak to her.

However, she was always left wondering, Where did this go wrong? She thought that she used to have a pretty decent friendship with each other, and now they seemed to treat each other as if they were both the bane of their existences. It was often quite lonely, Valcan being gone all of the time, and she usually spent her time reading. She had decided that she would pester Kale a little further into the summer, and often found herself quite bored.

The corridor underneath Valcan's office still nagged at the back of her mind, like a fly that would not go away. What was so compelling about those pictures? She did not know, but she was raring to go for another look, snapping her book shut. She felt a hint of rebellion today, although she was usually content. Valcan was not too indecent; she was not even sure if he was in fact a Death Eater. She didn't see enough of them to be convinced.

Leaning sideways in the armchair, she stared at the ceiling, sighing exasperatedly.

Sophia walked into the Library just in time to hear Estrella sigh. Rolling her golden eyes she walked to the shelf where she had gotten her last book from. Returning it to its place she began to scan the shelves for another. It was not unusual for Sophia to be alone in a large place such as the Herrogard. After all, that was how most of her childhood had been spent. Having made some friends at school she did of course miss speaking with them and such, especially Ford, but she did not find it at all hard to spend her days alone and not speak with Estrella.

Looking over her shoulder, her face the very picture of interest, the corridor having occupied her mind these days, Estrella suddenly inquired of Sophia, breaking the tense silence, "Have you found anything interesting in this place? You look as bored as I am right now." She was raring to get her rear off of the chair and use her legs, but the intiative to do so was not strong enough yet.

"I have found more than a few good books," Sophia replied offhandedly, keeping her eyes locked on the books. She soon found a title that sounded interesting and removed it from the shelf.

With the book clutched against her chest Sophia turned to look at Estrella. "If you are bored why not go exploring again? It seemed to go over just splendidly the first time." The truth was that Sophia would not mind exploring if it meant finding out more about the family. She had seen the one portrait of Brunhilde and was sure there had to be more portraits about the Herrogard.

Estrella's eyes narrowed, and then her gaze softened. "It's no fun going alone," she replied waveringly, "But there's this place I saw in the basement of Valcan's office that I want to go to again." A mischievious glint appeared in her eye, and she suddenly replied, "Want to go with?" She knew that she would be going against Valcan's word, but her curiosity was at its peak, and she was immensely bored.

Jumping up from her chair and placing the book on the arm of it, for which she hoped she wouldn't get yelled at, she started to walk slowly towards the door, looking over her shoulder at Sophia, hoping that she would follow.

Sophia knew that her best option was to go back to her room and ignore Estrella. However, her curiosity was getting the best of her today. Setting her book on a nearby table with a roll of her eyes she followed Estrella out the door, wondering what this place was that Estrella wanted to explore.

Estrella strolled out of the room, a smirk on her face as she led Sophia to the dining room, looking around. "I think he said he was going to be gone all day," she said, not going to think of the consequences that she might meet if Valcan came home early.

Her face lit up as she realized that Valcan's office was open, and she felt like she was trespassing, almost. Her curiosity overwhelmed her fear, and as she strolled ot the door she had gone through weeks ago, she suddenly asked Sophia, "Why did we get mad at each other, anyway?" She couldn't exactly remember why she had gotten in so bad with Sophia.

Sophia followed Estrella in happy silence until Estrella decided to open her mouth and ask a question that Sophia did not feel like answering. "Hard to say really," she responded off-handedly, not feeling like coming up with a good answer.

Estrella shrugged. "I can't come up with a great answer either." She almost felt ashamed that she couldn't, but on the other hand, she didn't.

Pushing her way through his office, Estrella decided to be somewhat of a good girl and not mess around with Valcan's office. She felt like she was intruding his personal space, although she didn't like how everything was a huge secret.

She opened the door to the basement easily, feeling the change in temperature almost instantly. "It's kind of creepy down here-" she muttered, bringing her hands to her arms, trying to keep herself warm.

She took some time remembering which way she had gone, and she commented, "It'd be kind of cool to get lost in here." Finding her way back to the corridor with the portraits, she found herself face to face again with the beautiful Brunhild and the fearsome Valbrand, the corridor illuminated by the many magical torches.

"I never got that far," she told Sophia, "But I wanted to see the rest of the family, you know? Besides a few ancestors."

Sophia looked back at the Family Tree before following Estrella through the next door. The change in temperature caught her off guard and she immediately began to shiver. Estrella had no divulged with Sophia what she had found and wanted to explore and Sophia was somewhat surprised to see the hall of portraits before her.

"Estrella, this is perfect!" she exclaimed a little too excitedly and began to walk swiftly down the hallway, taking in each portrait until she got to Larkana. She merely stared in wonder at the portrait of her grandmother, quite admiring her beauty.

Having been woken up by voices, Brunhild suddenly moved in her painting, her eyes cold as she stared at the girls before her. "What are you doing here?" she sneered, "And without the Master of the Herrogard, no less?" She knew well that only family was allowed down here, but usually, they were accompanied by the person in charge of the place. "Cat got your tongues?" she barked a bit more forcefully. She could sense the others coming to life beside her, but they would not speak until she had her piece, as she was the first and the greatest, ancestor to them all. She stared down the two girls from her throne, waiting for an answer.

"I know!" Estrella replied, for the first time in a long time viewing a somewhat happy expression on Sophia's face. She stayed around to look at the portraits of the ancestors a bit longer- valcan wasn't going to be home for a while, so why not?

She jumped as the portrait of Brunhild of Iceland suddenly barked at her, and she exclaimed, "Holy hell, you talk?" She knew that portraits were capable of moving and talking, but the whole time she had been here the portraits had been perfectly stationary.

"What portrait doesn't talk?" Brunhild snapped, in her time wizards having not been a secret from the muggle world. "And I should punish you for your tongue, girl- If I could I would lash your back right now for insolence. Who are you two?" she demanded, used to being obeyed and respected.

Estrella looked to Sophia, replying slowly and cheekily, "Estrella Drage. And it's a good thing you can't, because I like my back the way it is." She wondered what portrait Sophia had been staring at so intently, and wondered if the rest of these portraits were cold and demanding. It might actually be kind of fun to watch them blow their stacks and not be able to do anything about it.

Swallowing a bit, she asked, "What are all the portraits hanging here for anyway?"

Larkana was awoken by the distant sounds of Brunhilde speaking. Blinking her golden eyes open she was quite surprised to find a girl before her with the same golden eyes. "Hello there. You must be a Drage by those eyes. What is your name child?"

Sophia smirked at Larkana. "Stark actually, Sophia Stark. But we are definitely related."

"Stark?" Larkana shuddered a bit at the name. "Ah yes, you are Sammael's daughter. He has told me a great deal about you. It is quite nice to get to see my only granddaughter in the flesh." Larkana smiled at Sophia warmly.

Brunhild smirked as she looked down at the girl- She was too young to know much of anything about the Herrogard, and from the way she presented herself she must not have been here long. Ignoring her snarky comment, she replied to her question in her carrying, regal voice, "Every direct descendant of the Drage line is in here, girl. Mind you, they're here for the Master of the Herrogard to consult; not mere children. But I suppose that explaining will do little harm- In my day, when it was about the time to be married, the Drage in question will have their portrait painted in their likeness of that time. Now, at the age of seventeen, as seems to be tradition, the Drage or descendant in question will have their portrait painted of them and hung in the hall."

Sniffing a bit, holding her blonde head up high and her nose in the air, she said, "And the same will happen of you when you come of age. You are what- Fifteen?" Brunhild could only take a stab at the girl's age, smirking just a bit.

Sophia was a bit surprised by how nice Larkana was. "You do not seem at all like Valcan or my father. It is a pity my father was not raised by you."

Estrella listened with interest, her ears perking up as she imagined herself being painted in this very hall. She looked towards Sophia, wondering who she was speaking with. Whoever she was, as she was on the right side, she was a lot quieter than Brunhild was.

"Fourteen," Estrella replied, "Although I'm going to be fifteen in February." She stood up a bit taller, feeling that it was a bit of a crime not to carry herself as proud.

Larkana sighed sadly, smiling weakly down at Sophia. "Well, Valcan was not always that way. And yes, your father is a bit harsh, but he does have a softer side. He is quite pleasant when he speaks to me. I suppose he thinks you have to be strict and harsh to be a good father, as that is how Valcan was to him."

"Close enough," Brunhild replied, looking the girl over. She did not appear to be that strong of a person, but not a pushover either.

"Who is your parent?" she inquired suddenly, sitting up more in her chair. "They'd probably be at the very end of the hall. Seeing as how young you are."

Estrella looked up at Brunhild, surprised that for most of the time she had spent at the Herrogard, she had not thought a bit about her father. "Tristan," she replied, unsure how common that name would be in this hall. In any case, Brunhild, or variations of the name, seemed to be quite popular.

"Yes, father does seem to have taken after Valcan a lot," Sophia said none too happily. "I really wish he were more like you. You seem so nice."

Brunhild smirked at the girl, knowing that she had much to learn. "Do you take up any power, girl?" As Estrella was an inferior, she would not use her name unless she absolutely deserved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back