Drage Herrogard 2

"Thank you," Thanatos replied indifferently, getting to his feet. He smiled at Estrella. "Might see you around?" Before looking around for the nearest exit. He didn't want to apparate out again... apparating inside a Wizards home was often considered rude... but he had no idea how to get out into the fresh air.
He looked at Valcan, and as much as he didn't want to, asked, "Do you mind if I apparate?"
<i></i>

"The entrance hall is that way," Valcan said, pointing with a long, round finger, to a large door leading into the library, "I daresay you'll be able to find it on your own." Turning back to Estrella, he said, "I hope you don't mind french onion soup. Would you like some also, Joshua?"

With a clap of his hands, a house elf appeared, and after giving them some instructions, a bowl of the steaming hot soup was in front of Estrella in no time, a piece of bread with a piece of cheese soaking up the juices. "As for me," Valcan said, "I am going to retire to bed."

((Sorry Josh if I'm going too fast with this.))

Thanatos scowled. Trust Valcan to be difficult. Without another word he strode across the dining room, and pulled open the door he had been directed too, and stepped inside. It snapped shut behind, and he looked around. What the hell?

He was in a library. Not a hall, of any sort, but a huge library with levels upon levels of books. Looking around, he noticed a few other doorways. Perhaps he'd take one of them?
<i></i>

Estrella gave Thanatos a weak smile, watching the exchange between her grandfather and the man in disinterest, her stomach growling voraciously. She nearly drooled all over herself as the bowl of french onion soup appeared in front of her, saying to no one in particular, "Thanks." She was absolutely ravenous, digging into the salty and delicious soup with gusto. It was possibly the best thing she had ever tasted- But maybe it was because she hadn't eaten since early in the morning.

Dining_Barons.jpg

((I changed my mind.))

As soon as Sophia heard the man walking down the hallway away from her room she darted to the bed and flopped down onto it. Tears immediately welled up in her eyes and began to flow uncontrollably. She buried her head into one of the decorative pillows on her bed and just cried, not bothering to change her clothes of even remove her shoes.

The day has been simply awful for her. The events of this day had been burned into her memory and would live on in her mind for probably the rest of her life as the worst day ever. Sophia was still feeling a bit scarred from what had happened at the Leaky Cauldron to even process what Estrella being there meant. Not having learned Valcan's name she did not really register that she and Estrella were related as closely as they were.

Instead of bothering to think Sophia just cried for a bit, eventually lulling herself into a very uneasy sleep. Her original clothes and shoes still on, her head resting on a decorative pillow, her hair an atrocious mess, and the bed still made beneath her.

Josh silently observed the whole situation and finally was able to answer Valcan's question. "Yes, I would enjoy a bowl of soup, Valcan. Thank you for the offer." He hoped to be able to speak to Estrella a bit while they were eating, hoping she was okay with things as they have developed so far.

With a clap of his hands, a bowl of the same soup appeared in front of Josh, and Valcan rose from his chair. "I have to be at a meeting tomorrow, so I do not expect to be home until late," he announced. "I bid you both a good night," he said, and with nothing else to say, he exited the dining room swiftly.

Estrella was extremely quiet as Valcan left, unsure of whether to stay or to go. Clinking her spoon against the bowl, she looked up at Josh, and inquired, "Can you answer a question honestly?" It was something that she had never asked her father, although it applied to her current situation and she could ask either one of them. She was surprised that she had even managed to talk to Josh, not sure where she was with her trust anymore.

Josh looked up from his soup, glad to hear that Estrella was willing to speak to him. The looks she was giving during Sophia's arrival left him wondering if she was putting too much together at once. He turned to her and answered, "Yes. Of course. What would you like to know?"

Estrella paused for a moment before she spoke, and she suddenly asked, "What made you- And my dad- Want to get into that crowd in the first place?" She knew that he knew what she was talking about, even if he would try to skip over it. She stared back at him, waiting to see what kind of answer he would give.

Josh picked his words very carefully, knowing what Estrella was insinuating, but not wanting to be responsible for blowing the cover everyone had established. "Exactly what crowd are you refering to? Or are you trying to lump me in with the choices of who your father ran with after school?" It was not the perfect truth, but not a lie either. Josh and Tristan went different paths right out of school. Tristan was off to be an Auror, then the Death Eaters, while Josh worked odd jobs, and then found the protection of the DE much later on.

((Tristan was an auror before he joined the DEs. :p But it's all cool.))

Estrella swallowed hard, staring back at Josh. "I suppose the crowd I am referring to is one that my dad did join after school." She did not move an inch, although she instantly felt bad as she had jumped to conclusions, although she was not going to back down just yet.

(((Whoops. Der. I edited. :p )))

"Which crowd would that be? The Aurors?" Josh asked coyly. "I really had no desire to go to work for the ministry, or really anywhere for that matter, so let your dad go his way and become an auror. I have been working here and there ever since. We never really ran with the same crowds again." He frowned as he looked at Estrella. "It saddens me sometimes to see how the death of your mother changed him. Deep down, my best friend is still there, just harder to see under the hurt."

Estrella swallowed hard as she sat in her seat, trying hard not to cry. "I only have to ask one thing-" she said waveringly, "Please don't treat me as if I don't really know what's going on. I may have been gullible before, but I'm not entirely all that stupid."

She acknowledged that there could be some truth in Josh's statement, although she knew that he was avoiding the real answer.

Josh looked at Estrella. "What are you talking about? What is it that you think is going on here? I am just trying to get to know you and help you to adjust to life at the Herrogard. I know how foreboding this place can seem to be. I was overwhelmed the first few times that Tris brought me home over holidays." He tried to remain calm and concerned as he looked at her. He was afraid of what Valcan might do if he was the one to blow the DE cover.

Estrella stared back at Josh with wide eyes, not so sure about anything anymore. "I can't really say-" she said waveringly, feeling incredibly lost. Valcan had not had the mark- But was it all just a ploy? She couldn't help but wonder if Josh was actually telling the truth. However, she was too nerve wracked to spit out any insult or apology, and instead sat there, rendered speechless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back