OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily stirred, groaning as she rolled over on what felt like moss. It pressed against the side of her face as she opened her eyes. She held her held while sitting up. Her head swiveled from side to side as she frantically looked around her, wincing as the pain sharpened in her head.

Bane Wright stood within the shadows, a closed fist pressed to his chest. His heart gave another painful lurch. There was no doubt in his mind that the creature who'd just winked into his existence was his granddaughter. She was the very picture of Marilyn. He bowed his head, unsure of how to approach her.

Trees rose dizzily above her, overhanging in a sinister fashion in the dark night. There was no moon out to provide Cecily with light. She reached into her pocket and at least had her wand. She sighed in sick relief as she stood up on wobbly legs.

Resolve set he approached her. He didn't, couldn't, say anything. His throat felt like he'd swallowed a black bear. His faded boots crunched over the ground. Dry twigs snapped loudly in the silence of the night.

Light flared to life from the end of her wand. "Who's there?" she commanded in a hard voice, all weariness gone as adrenaline pumped through her body.

Her wand faltered, the light blinked out for a moment before flaring again. Her eyes widened in shock. "Granddad?" She'd know his voice anywhere. She remembered him reading her bedtime stories in the summer time with that deep, gravely voice. It'd reminded her of thunder rolling along the hills in a storm.

*Three days later*

He'd taken her to his strongly built cabin in the woods. The same cabin her mother and grandmother had lived in the first year of Marilyn's life. Before the trouble began. She'd listened to him tell the whole story and still couldn't believe he was in front of her.

Night was approaching once again. Only this time she noticed a tenseness around her granddad's mouth. A trembling in his hands that hadn't been there before. "What's wrong?" she asked, laying her hand over his as they drank coffee on an old swing outside.

"You sent your letter to your friend?" He'd listened to her tell him about her life. He wasn't sure about anyone being good enough for his little bit.

She nodded, worried. "Yes, it should have reached him yesterday." She sipped her coffee then set it down on the ground beside her feet. "Please answer my question." She kept her voice gentle, her tone respectful.

She wanted to protest and many other things. But she nodded her head respectfully. "You're right. They'll be worried about me. I hope someone has been covering my classes."

He didn't want to tell her what was coming. He'd shield her from it if he could. "You'll come back this summer?"

"Of course. Maybe mum and dad could come with me." She smiled, thinking of her mum's happy reaction to her father being alive.

She found him mixing something in a bowl with a mortar. "Why can't they know?" she demanded. "Mum would be ecstatic! Not to mention dad."

He became more agitated by the moment. He shook his head and growled at her. "You're the only one who can know."

"Why can't they know? Mum deserves to know about her father being alive!"

Nicolas had finally been given final confirmations from the Portkey Regulation Committee that Cecily had taken an authorized portkey, and after using some leverage at the ministry and using a loophole or two he finally convinced the office to give him the location of where the portkey was enchanted to go.

Nicolas wrote Cecily's parents via owl about where he presumed Cecily to be, and that he would be going after her, before quickly assembling his wand and a few other travelling necessities and apparating out of the castle to wherever and whatever awaited him in the Americas. Where, of course, until only minutes prior he had no intentions of ever visiting in his life. American wizards, much like the muggles he understood, had never had the best reputation in Britain and he didn't much anticipate them being any different than he imagined.

He landed just outside a small body of water thick with mud and covered by a slight haze. Had these been the swamps Cecily had recollected to him in the past? He stepped closer inland, taking note of his surroundings and drawing his wand as a cabin came into view. Yelling could be heard inside of the cabin, a deeper and louder voice and of course a softer, though louder than usual, voice that Nicolas could recognize as Cecily's.

Nicolas raised his wand slightly and approached the cabin door, laying his left hand on the handle he threw the door open, entering the small room and glancing at the two occupants, saying nothing.

Cecily whirled, her wand out in seconds and pointed at whomever was entering through the door. "Nicolas!" she cried out, running to him. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

Bane growled low in his throat. His eyes narrowed. He could smell the worry coming from the stranger. "This your friend then?" He was starting to feel hazy. They had to leave soon.

"Cecily." Nicolas began with a small smile, returning her embrace with one arm and kissing her softly on her cheek, though he kept his wand and an eye trained on the man in the room. "Your parents are kind of worried." He started, deciding not to mention how truly worried he had been.

"It's alright, you can put your wand down," she told him quietly. "Nicolas," she said standing beside him. "This is my grandfather. Granddad, this is Nicolas."

Nicolas nodded sloowly, putting his wand into his pocket as Cecily spoke. His mind started to race as she started however, 'Wait, she has me put away my wand then introduces me to a dead guy?! Am I missing something?' he wondered to himself but smiled kindly to the man in the room and bowed, "A pleasure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back