Double A day

"Your fine don't worry. Mom has a new boyfriend that's all. It's my first Christmas without Dad and the thought of looking at another man's face instead of his is just too much" Andy knew this was all the truth she failed to tell her friend that Christmas Eve was a full moon and Andy would need to be under surveillance.

Amy surveyed Andy's face. It looked almost impassive. "Oh right, yes of course" she replied rather hurridly, resuming her gaze to the sky above. "It's the Yule Ball coming up isn't it?" she asked, fully aware that they had already talked about this, but Amy didn't know what else to say.

"Not sure, are you?" she asked Andy in return.

Andromeda nearly started a new avalanche of laughter again.
"Me dance? Me go to a dance? Not on your Nelly!" she smiled at Amy, "I'm going to Brightstone this weekend and buy a ton of rubbish and have a wee party of my own in the commonroom. You're invited of course if you're not going to the Yule that is!"

Amy listened and a smile spread across her face at Andys comments. "Now thaaaat sounds like a plan and a half" she said and then grinned, "Its a date" she said, bursting out laughing, even though she didn't know why.

"Should we see if anymore Gryffs want to join the party?" she asked her delighted that she wouldn't be sitting on her own in the commonroom munching her way through a ton of candy, "we could put a note up in the girls dorm and the boys, that way Professor King won't see them".

"Yeah thats a great idea!" Amy said happily. It would be nice to know that she wasn't the only one that wouldn't be going to the Yule Ball and this made her feel much more comfortable.

"Don't suppose you have any parchment with you? we could go back to the commonroom now and sort it out" Andy said, they hadn't gone any where near the pitch yet and for that she was grateful, "Strike while the iron is hot and before people go away wasting money on expensive dresses!"

"Erm..." Amy rummaged through her pockets, "Nope got none with me I'm afraid" she said searching her pockets. "Yeah sounds like a good idea, we may as well notify people early" she said smiling brightly. She glanced over to the pitch but didn't say anything. Instead she turned back to Andy, "Shall we go up now?" she asked her friend.

Amy accepted Andy's hand and heaved herself up. "OKay then, fly later, plan now!" she said with a smile. She picked up her firebolt and began to walk back to the castle.

(((To the common room...will you start?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back