Double A day

"Yeah true true....it'll be nice to get out I guess" she said with a shrug. In all honesty she wasn't too fussed about going into Brightstone. She started picking at the grass, a usual habit of hers.

"Amy how are you finding it here? I guess I always presume your fine with everything but I never really bother to ask" Andromeda felt guilty for being so wrapped up in her own problems, "How are ya buddy?"
Andy smiled playfully nudging Amy in the arm.

"Ah I don't mind it" she said truthfully. "I'm all good, the usual" she said turning to Andy with a smile. She didn't want to tell Andy about her loss of contact with dad, and the worry that came with it. "I love it here" she said taking a deep breath of fresh air.

"You don't mind it?" Andromeda thought it a strange response and looked at Amy.
"I don't get you... I thought you'd be flipping over this place. I can remember the train here you couldn't wait and now the only response to Hogwarts is you don't mind it? Amy what's up?"

Andy thought that maybe she was finding her classes difficult or someone might be picking on her. A hundred different reasons were shooting through her head, she didn't want to be right about any of them.

Amy turned to Andy with a smile on her face. "I meant I don't mind you not asking me how I am" seeing the worry on Andy's face.

Andy sighed with relief and threw herself back on the grass with her broom now at her side. She looked straight up into the sky trying to make shapes out of the clouds.
"Sorry about that. Kind of jumped to conclusions huh!" she smiled.

"Thats okay" Amy said with a smile and she too laid down on the grass. "Do you like being here then?" she asked gazing up at the sky.

"I love it here I do. I mean it has it's moments like all schools ..." Andy thought about that statement and then changed her mind, "Actually no, it's not like other schools at all is it? It's so much better, even when there are moments of frustration with assignments and classes and boys!"

Amy couldn't help but laugh at Andy's comment. "Yeah I guess thats true!" she said with a chuckle, gazing upwards still. "C'est la vie" she said with a smile, remembering the phrase that was used a lot in her household.

Amy looked up to where Andy was pointing and chuckled. "Yeah it does actually!" she said, watching it pass.

"Ok your turn" Andromeda smiled as she focused on the clouds drifting by. She used to play this game as a child with her father and uncle. Her uncle Patrick used to cheat by waving his wand and making the clouds look exactly the shaped he wanted them too.

"It has to be good Amy!"

"Okay okay I'm looking" she said with a smile. She started looking among the clouds for a recognisable shape.
She didn't have to look for very long when she found one. Tilting her head slightly she pointed upwards, "If you tilt your head, that one kinda looks like a ship" she said chuckling slightly.

Andy tipped her head one way and then the other.
"Nope don't see it!" she said but as soon as she said the immortal words she made out the ship and began to laugh, "now I see it. Ok let's see what I got".

She looked about for a bit and sighed trying to figure shapes out.
"Hey are you going to Brightstone at the weekend?"

Amy nudged Andy, and laughed, "Trying to make out you couldn't see my ship, tis there!" she said with a smile. "Brightstone? I duno" she said shrugging, in an awkward kinda way as she was laying down. "are you?" she asked, while still trying to figure out shapes in the clouds

"I don't know yet, considering it. My mom is supposed to send on some pocket money and then I've my shop allowance so I'll have a little money" Andy pointed up and said "There to the left of your ship, it's Charlie Chaplin!"
Andromeda laughed at her own imagination the cloud barely resembled him but she just wanted a giggle all the same.

"Oh riiight" Amy said in response to Andy's reply about Brightstone. She looked up to where Andy indictaed and saw a squished looking cloud. "No way is that Charlie Chaplin, more like a...a.....squished pig!" Amy exclaimed, laughing a little.

"Well maybe just his bowler hat then" she laughed and sat up straight, "had such a giggle the other day with Harri we were discussing really cute men. So I started naming a few old movie stars that i like and mentioned Christian Bale" she giggled.

She turned to face Amy, "Do you not see the striking resemblence between him and Professor Keller? Well we were saying there definitly is and nearly cracked up laughing saying we thought he was probably this really ugly bloke who casts some charm on himself in the mornings to make him look like that!"

Andy's side were threatening to explode again remembering the conversation.

Amy listened as Andy told her about her and Harri's conversation. At the mention of the similarity with Professor Keller Amy gasped, "I so see that!" she said, laughing, and laughed harder at the theory of him being a really ugly person who charms themsleves every morning. The very thought of it simply made Amy chuckle, and the fact that Andy was laughing didn't help matters.
Amy was always the one who, regardless of not whether she knew what the people were talking about, she would laugh and would continue doing so until everyone else had stopped.

Amy laughed at the thought of having to see Professor Keller during exams, "Oh I'll burst out laughing" she said grinning. "Nice thought to put into my head there, thanks very much" she said nudging Andy.

"I know, we'll be in the middle of our practical measuring out deadly doses of some poison take one look at him get a fit of the giggles and hey presto way too much goes in and we wipe out half the school!" Andy held her sides and wiped her eyes.
"Change the subject please! Tell me something depressing go on".

"Can you imagine?!" Amy exclaimed, falling into laughter once more. "Something depressing?" she managed to say between laughs, "I really can't think of anything dpressing in the middle of laughing!" she said giggling like mad, "I think its your turn!" she said still laughing.

Wow that really changed the atmosphere Amy thought to herself, her laughter dying quickly. "I should be going home, but haven't heard anything" Amy said with a shrug, shifting her position on the grass. "How comes your staying here?" she asked her friend. "I mean you don't have to tell me or anything if you don't want to" she added quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back