Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire had perched herself in an open window, a sketchpad in her hands. The sunshine was bright and the cool breeze felt nice against her skin. She was debating going to look for Oliver or Alkander, but that just seemed like too much work. She brushed her hair behind her ear and continued her sketch. It wasn't often that she picked up a pencil for this. It was hard getting her mind to focus on any one thing for too long. Today was one of those rare moments, however, and she intended to enjoy it.

She knew that it was lunch time, but she just couldn't bring herself to move. The corridor had gone quiet, and if anyone had noticed her up here before now, they hadn't bothered with her. She smirked a bit as she recalled the last time she was in a window and the last person to disturb her. That had definitely been unexpected, if not a pleasant surprise.

She continued shading, and as usual, she didn't hear the other person until they were already upon her.

Zennon grumbled as he headed up to the seventh floor. He hadn't found Jacob in the Great hall and he was loathed to eat by himself so he'd gone looking for his friends. He'd had breakfast with Analei that morning and after it had become apparent that Jacob and Analei had some sort of rivalry going on, he didn't want to make it appear like her had favourites. He thought it would be best to alternate his time between them for the time being, or face a potentially bad fight. Not that he believed that Jacob would fight someone, Analei probably would and that would suck. He loved Analei, she was great and one of his favorite people, but she seemed to be grumpy alot and was no fun to be around. On those occasions he tried to cheer her up, but sometimes it was best to just steer clear.

Rubbing his stomach to calm the -probably not as loud as he was thinking - growls of his stomach, Zennon didn't notice anyone was in the corridors until he spotted a girl he knew from his own house. He'd met her in the Great hall once when she'd been singing, a song he hadn't heard before. It had been pretty cool though. He smiled as she noticed she seemed to be preoccupied with something and he stopped beside her. "Hey... Sapphire, right?"

Sapphire's hand stilled as she heard someone say her name. She looked up through her dark hair and gave a half smile to her visitor. "Yeah, yeah. Uh, Z... Zeke... no, Zennon, wasn't it?" She struggled with his name a second, only having met him really once during breakfast. "What brings you up this high? Looking for a Gryffindor?"

She scooted over a bit, offering him a place on the windowsill beside her. "I had that idea originally, but I got a bit sidetracked." She admitted with a shrug.

Zennon laughed as Sapphire struggled slightly to remember his name. It didn't help that it was something so wholly uncommon. His brother had a normal name atleast, Isaac. Zennon nodded when she got it right. "Yup, that's the one, it's a bit abnormal by social standards I guess, but I like it!" He sat down as she scooted over and answered her question. "Yeah, my bestfriend is in Gryffindor, but he wasn't down in the Great Hall so I came looking for him, but it's come to my attention that he probably isn't in the common room so I kind of came up here for nothing." he sighed as he leaned his head back on the window. "Did you go to the dance?"

Sapphire smiled a little as she listened to Zennon talk. His best friend was Gryffindor, huh? She wondered idly who it was, turning her head to look outside. "Gryffindor's are pretty cool, I'm good friends with one of em myself. I also have a Hufflepuff." Not that she'd seen either of them for a bit, and she was ready to go sneaking into common rooms to find them.

She turned back towards Zennon as he asked if she went to the dance. "Yeah, but I'm not sure if I enjoyed it or not. I got a half a dance with one guy that was interrupted by a prefect." She shrugged, before giving Zennon a coy grin. "Didn't you show up in your pajamas?"

Zennon snorted as Sapphire spoke. It was weird that her two friends were Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. "Man, that's so weird! Mine too!" He said, shaking his head. Maybe he and Sapphire were secretly the same person. Wouldn't tbat be weird? He couldn't imagine what it would be like to be a same person, like a twin or something. He wouldn't wish anyone to be like him though, he had far too many things to worry about to ever wish that life on anyone, especially his secrets. That would be no fun for anyone.

Zennon frowned when she mentioned she'd been interrupted at the dance. "Why did you get interrupted? Did something happen?" It seems like a strange thing to do to be interrupted by a prefect. He knew that a fight or two had broken out earlier in the night, but Zennon hadn't shown up until later towards the end so he hadn't seen those. Perhaps Sapphire had been involved in one? He snorted again at the mention of his Pajamas. "Guilty, I'm quite proud of that too you know. Maybe I'll make it a tradition?!"

Sapphire shrugged when Zennon said it was weird. "Have you seen half the people in our house? It's usually spoiled, proud rich kid talk." She looked at him. "Don't get me wrong, the drama in the house can be amusing sometimes, but it's nice to find more... grounded people, I guess." She slid her notebook into her bag as she talked.

"And I got interrupted because I was dancing with a reporter for the Hogwarts Monthly and this older chick couldn't wait to get her word into the paper. I ended up taking off after that, I noticed you on my way out the door. Now that I think about it," she gave him a teasing grin. "You were with a blond girl and Jacob Kingsley. He wouldn't be your Gryffindor, now would he?" She reached into her bag and pulled out a peanut butter sandwich, offering half to Zennon. She took a bite and spoke around it. "I'd like to see you dance in your pajamas."

Zennon nodded slightly when Sapphire mentioned the majority of people in their house and he had to admit she was kind of right, even some of his cousins were a little like that and certainly some other people as well, though he was loathed to mention anyone by name. He leaned back against the wall and watched as she placed her notebook back in her bag. He'd noticed she'd had that but not thought to ask her what was in it. "Are you an artist?" He asked, gesturing to the now unseen notebook. He didn't know any artists.

"That sucks. I don't like magazines or news like that. I heard a rumour that they have a rumour magazine here too, do you suppose that's true?" He'd tried to ask a couple of the older students about it, but no one seemed to want to confirm or deny. "Oh, you know Jacob? The blonde is Analei, I met her at the halloween dance if you believe it." He said, happily accepting the peanut butter sandwich. "I don't think they like each other. I'm not sure why, but they definitely wouldn't do well to be around each other if I wasn't there to supervise." He took a bite of the sandwich, not caring about manners or social graces right now. He was starving! "I'm usually hanging out in the common room in my pjs, I'm sure we could organise a random dance party!"

Sapphire shrugged when Zennon asked if she was an artist. "On the rare occasion, I'll doodle if I manage to get my mind settled. Most the time my brain is a pain in the neck and I tend to jump from thing to thing." She took another bite of her sandwich as Zennon asked about a rumor magazine. "I haven't heard anything about it before, but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of kids around here are so melodramatic." She gave the other boy an amused grin.

She nodded when he asked if she knew Jacob before he continued on to tell her the blond was Analei. She snorted when he said the other two didn't get along. She burst out in laughter when he suggested they organize a pajama party. "Can you imagine what the other kids would do?" She could think of at least three that would throw a complete fit. She continued snickering as she dug in her bag for some drinks, eventually producing a few water bottles. She offered one to Zennon, enjoying his company. He wasn't half bad.

Zennon liked Sapphire, she was good company and he regretted waiting this long to really talk to her. He wouldn't be making that mistake again. "Hey, that makes sense. We're eleven, like we need to have focus at a time like this. I mean, I know I grew up with magic and all that, but really, this stuff is still really cool." He gestured around him as he took another bite of the sandwich Sapphire had given him. "Tell me about it. It's like Drama central out there. I heard some seventh years talking the other day, apparently during the break some Hufflepuff got dumped when he was about to propose, can you believe that?" Zennon was pretty sure he'd never get married and if he didn't he wasn't going to be seventeen.

"Come on, it would be hilarious. I'd like to see some of those snobs let their hair down, it'd be good for a laugh if nothing else, what do you say, wanna organise a pajama party with me? Maybe if we make enough racket, we can get Styx involved." He waggled his eyebrows at her then. He really wanted to do it now, have a pajama party, how many people had pajama parties, like proper ones? It wouldn't even take long to prepare. Zennon was great sneaking down to the kitchens at midnight. Zennon smiled at Sapphire and took the offered drink too. Now he had something to finish up his sandwich with. "Heck, what else you got in there?" he asked laughing. If he was ever to get lost in the Forbidden Forest, he wanted her with him. She was like a survival guru or something.

Sapph chewed silently as Zennon talked. The bit about the dumped Hufflepuff only slightly surprised her. "I actually heard some Gryffindor's talking about that, I guess the girlfriends mom died or something. I wouldn't get married after that either," she commented, taking a drink of her water. "I don't know if I'd get married anyway."

She admitted. Not that it was something she really needed to worry about right now anyway. She almost spewed her water when Zennon said they might get Professor Styx involved. "Oh, Lord," she managed, "Can you imagine him in slippers and a bathrobe? I bet he'd have a bonnet on," She giggled, imagining the ridiculousness of it.

He asked about her bag then, and she snorted. "You know what's not in there?" She joked, half serious. "Your business. Trust me, I've looked." She grinned at him a bit to take the sting out of her words.

Zennon looked at her and nodded. "Still seems like a dumb thing to do. If someone loves you and you love them, why would you want to lose that? I mean I see my parents together and they're so sickening so I don't think they could ever do something like that." Still, he was only eleven, what did he really know about love, probably absolutely nothing. He'd never even kissed anyone, not that he'd particularly ever felt the urge to do so either, that would be weird and unnecessary. Just the thought made him shiver. "Yeah, I don't know either, I think it would be weird."

Zennon snorted. "That would be hilarious, come on, you have to agree that he has pink fluffy ones!" He said, imagining their head of house in a not so respectable manner. A pink, fluffy bathrobe, pink, fluffy slippers and a bonnet would be the best thing he would see in his whole life. Zennon had no idea how old the man was, but he could assume he was at least sixty, probably one hundred and sixty. That would probably mean the man was here when the school was built, though Zennon had no clue how old the school actually was. "Oh, what if he decided to dance with us, wouldn't that be a laugh though?"

Zennon laughed with her as she basically told him to mind his business. He took another sip of the water and sighed. "Right, fair call, I should probably get going and find my friends."

Sapph shrugged. Zennon seemed to make sense, but she had always heard love was a crazy thing. He talked about his parents being in love and her hand went instinctively to her bag. What would she know about love? She didn't know anything about parents either, and that would be a bit more basic, wouldn't it? She shook her head a little and listened to Zennon.

She couldn't help but snicker at his words. That was it, he had persuaded her. She leaned forward. "Alright, I'm in. Pajama party in the dorm. How do you wanna do this?" Ideas started going through her mind, mainly of spiking snacks with something fun.

He startled her then by saying he should probably go find his friends. A slight look of disappointment flashed briefly across her face. "Well, alright. If you want to we can meet back up later to discuss the pajama party in the dorm."

Zennon smiled at Sapphire. She seemed like a decent person to get to know and he didn't really know many of his house mates. This had been a good opportunity to talk to someone outside of Gwen, Jacob or Analei. He hadn't expected to get along with Sapphire as well as he seemed to be doing, so it was a refreshing meeting. He grinned. "Excellent, I've been trying to get someone to throw a pyjama party with me all year!" Finally someone had accepted, he had little post it notes in his Transfiguration book of all the things he wanted to do if he got to throw a pajama party, so he couldn't wait.

Zennon noticed what he thought had been a disappointed look, but it had disappeared too quickly for him to really tell. He turned to her and smiled. "I'll see you tonight, I have a whole notebook about this. We can go over it!" He said as he headed in the opposite direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back