Deadly Silence of the Night

"Is that young lady with you?" Tom asked the prefect.

Lemina turned to Emma and nodded, solemnly, unsure of anything to say as she wasn't 100% sure of what the professor meant.

Emma was about to stick out her tongue at Kyle in return when the door burst open. Her first thought was to run and hide but she knew she had no chance and that might just make things worst. She just sat there on top of the desk as she listened to both Lemina and Kyle speak. A few times Emma wanted to laugh at the things Kyle said but she knew that would only dig her into more trouble. Instead she was going to have to remain quiet in calm and hold back any tears about getting in trouble.

Though the thought did not set well with Emma. She knew that her parents were going to be furious. That was something she couldn't have not after what had happen over the holidays with Ana-Cole and Caina. Not with what was still happening. Not with her slowly degrading family. Emma was just going to make things worse. Though all these thoughts that spun in her head made her think that it was smarter to remain silent.

Well she did until the Professor seemed to direct a comment to her well to Lemina about her. "Sorry Professor" Emma said her voice was quiet and had a hint of nerves in it. She wasn't sure as to what to say. She could give a whole sob story and it would be believable for the simple fact that it was the truth or she could keep her life closed an her answers general.

"I really couldn't sleep. I have a bit of insomnia really" Emma explained which was true. With all the thoughts about everything it couldn't help but keep her awake all night. "I guess I don't really have a good reason to be out at night. I just think that after so many nights without being able to sleep and staying in a dorm with others that could sleep I needed some time alone" Emma said putting her head down towards the ground. She was slightly nervous and she did fear that this would ruin her chances of ever becoming prefect after all her hard work.

Tom nodded his head to show he was listening to the other Hufflepuff girls reason for being out after curfew. "And you din't think of making a visit to the school's nurse for something along the lines of a sleeping potion or something to cure you restless nights?" Tom asked.

Kyle looked at the Professor and said." I didnt think kids were allowed to take pills, i thought they were bad for you and dangerous." He knew that the Professor was asking Emma the question but couldnt help it to answer him." And anyway she said she wanted time alone so if she went to the nurse she wouldnt be alone." He added hiding the grin. Kyle looked over at Lemina and Emma. Lemina was a prefect and would proberly get into a lot of trouble for being out late. He knew that Emma wanted to be a prefect and didnt want to see any of them get into trouble. Kyle wasnt really bothered if he got into trouble.

Emma looked up at the Professor and opened her mouth to answer when Kyle spoke up. Emma turned to him and flashed him a smile of gratitude but then turned to the Professor. "Ever since I was a little girl I had a fear of hospitals and nurses" Emma explained knowing that it probably sounded like a lie but it wasn't at all. She didn't want to go into detail why she was afraid of them. She hoped she didn't have to. After being put in a hospital years a go, after seeing Ana-Cole placed in a hospital mutiply times and after being brought to the hospital wing last year after she fainted, Emma wanted to stay as far away from the hospital and doctors and nurses and anyone with a needle as possible.

Emma looked at the Professor wondering what he was going to say though deep down she wanted to just go hug Kyle for trying to stand up for her. He really was sweet.

"Of course children are allowed to take pills, but I stated a sleeping potion. You don't generally come acroos potions that are pills" Tom retorted. "Yes she would be with the nurse, for a few minutres, then the nurse may ask her to stay in the hospital wing overnight, then she would be alone to collect her thoughts etc" Tom said. "But since you don't like pills then I can't suggest anything else. I now suggest you all return to your dormitories immediately, and if you would like I shall go speak to the nurse and ask her to give you something for your insommnia, and ask if she bring it to you?". Tom said. "Shall I do that for you?" Tom said. "Don't let me catch you 3 out after curfew again, as I won't be so leanient, and I can say for sure, that a punishment will be given out next time" Tom warned them.

When the Professor said that they should all go back to their dorms, Kyle looked at him and said. " But i have a really sore throat so can i get my drink of water please?" He faked another cough then said in a husky voice. " Sorry, pardon me."

((When I was posting, she must of posted before I finished, I have edited mine, I suggest you edit yours Kyle ;) ))

"No there is no need for you to go wandering again.I will get one for you. Accio goblet" Tom said, seconds later, a golden goblet came through the door. "Aguamenti" Tom said brandishing his wan"There you go". Tom said and handed it to the youg boy.

" Thanks." KYle said then took a sip, he immediatly spat it out and said. " Its to warm and it smells weird." It was actually fine but did smell weird, he was just trying to annoy the Professor even more.

Emma looked down once more as the Professor began speaking. She knew it was proper to look at the Professor in the eye but she really didn't know if she could handle that. She was not supposed to be out, she knew that. The professor had full right to punish them and Emma knew that. Though she had her reasons. She just hoped they were good enough.

Though when the Professor spoke again Emma looked up almost surprised. "We will go straight back" Emma said then thinking about his comment about the nurse. The nurse would probably give Emma some potion that will make her go to sleep though the potion could be thick it would probably just sit in Emma's stomach. Though Emma was passed the most part of things like that she didn't know how she felt about taking something that she didn't know the calories, fat, ingredients and such. Though she wasn't going to say that. "I'll be fine Professor" Emma said "Maybe I will just get some work done that I need to finish up" She added trying to smile but having it fail.

Then Kyle made his comment. Usually Emma would have laughed but she remained quiet. SHe just listened as the Professor called a goblet and some water for Kyle. Though when Kyle spit the water out Emma rolled her eyes. He is just asking for trouble Emma thought though she couldn't help be slightly amused. Emma was smart enough not to show it though. Her face remained blank and slightly wishing that she was just back in the dorm doing work until the morning hours.

"Im very sorry everything's not perfect for you" Tom said sarcastically. "You're lucky enough not to be getting punished, and now you're moaning about the water, aye aye aye. Listen sonny, you can't have everything you're own way/perfect. Thats the only water you're going to get now, back to your dormitory" Tom said. Some kids these days, spoilt eh? Tom asked himself.

" I see, your trying to poison me with old water. Thats not what a Professor should be doing to their students, tut tut." Kyle said glaring at him. He then realised that Emma wanted to go back to her dorm so said. "Im going, calm down. Some people dont give you a minute." He added the last part silently.

"No I am not trying to poison you, I have no control over the temperature of the water, and I am sure that it tasted fine, and you are being fussy"Tom said. If there is one thing I won't stand for, its cheekiness

Emma rolled her eyes at Kyle though inside she was laughing pretty hard. It took almost everything she had not to laugh aloud and luckily it worked for she remained silent. Emma jumped gracefully off the desk making a small noise as she hit the floor just from her shoes hitting the hard floors of hogwarts.

"Night Professor" Emma said before she turned to Lemina "Night Lemina" Finally she turned to Kyle and gave him a small smile. Glad that she wasn't getting in trouble and glad that she had a bit more time to spend with him even if they almost did cross blades with a Professor "Night Kyle" Emma said before she made her exit out of the classroom before a little more chaos went on between Kyle and the Professor.

" Here then take your water." Kyle said and passed it to the Professor. " Bye Lemina and Emma." He said with a smile then looked at the Professor. " Night Professor Death Eater Fletcher." Kyle said with a smirk but coughed the death earter bit and jumped off the desk.

Tom took the water. "Good night" Tom said curtly. "You're a prefect, your supposed to lead by example, please do not let me catch you again" Tom said. "Good night" Tom said to her.

((Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread.))

Lemina waited, staring at Kyle. She was relieved to be let off this time, but she didn't understand why on earth Kyle was chancing his luck like that. He was being downright rude to a professor. She looked down in shame when Prof. Fletcher shamed her. "I'm sorry." She bit her lip and left the room, running after Emma. "C'mon, best get back to our dorms before we get caught out again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back