Damn These Stairs!

Kyle blinked. "A map? That's so cool! There's so much of the castle though... how did you manage that?" The name Immy struck a bell. "Isn't Immy in the exploration club? I think I saw her there."

Lauren smiled making the map was the most fun she had since she had been at hogwarts. "Well, we both thought it was a good idea & we were excited about it so it didnt take long. I think it took us about a week maybe two. Thats including drawing it up after." she said smiling.

"Immy, in the exploration club?" Lauren thought about this for a moment. "She might be, im not sure" she replied.

Kyle grinned. "That's awesome! I got so lost my first few weeks... I still get lost sometimes!" He gigged.

Kyle nodded. "I think I saw her there... she's got brown hair, right?"

Lauren smiled she still gets lost too even with the help of the map. Lauren nodded at Kyle, "Yeah she does have brown hair, she's really nice." she said.

"Is the exploration club good?" Lauren asked intrigued.

Kyle smiled. "I'll have to keep an eye out for her then!"

He nodded. "We've only had one meeting so far, but the person running it seems really nice, and some people had some really good ideas for places we could explore!" He smiled.

Kyle nodded. "It is! It's great!" He grinned. "You should. We haven't done much in Exploration yet, but I know some of the other clubs are really active. I might try joining another club next year. I'd like to keep singing, but there aren't any choirs here, just a rock band."

Kyle shrugged. "I dunno... don't you have to be older to start a club? Besides, I wouldn't know how to organise a choir or conduct or anything..." He chewed his lip thoughtfully.

Lauren sat back on the window ledge that she vacated and rested against a window. "You could start one next year, or in a couple of years. You could sort of ask around if anyone likes choir and if they've ever been in one before. Im sure someone would know and could help you" Lauren said brightly and smiling encouringingly.

Kyle nodded, grinning. "Good idea! I don't know if I'll be able to sing after my voice breaks though. I'm really scared - I don't want to lose my voice!" He blushed slightly, chewing his lip in embarrassment.

Kyle nodded. "I know... it's jut a scary thought. I love my voice so much, I don't want it to just change." He sighed, biting his lip and leaning on the nearest wall. "It's silly, I know, but it still frightens me."

"Its not silly" Lauren said leaning over and patting his arm. "If you feel that way then you should make the most of it now! and you never know there might not be much of a difference, and you might get used to it." she said hopefully rasing his spirits.

Kyle smiled warmly. "Maybe you're right. Thanks. I'm just really worried about it lately..." He blushed.

Lauren smiled "Im glad to be of help, if you need to talk to anybody about anything im here for you" she said. She liked helping people, it made her feel good. Especially the people who were her friends and Lauren felt like her and Kyle were close friends now.

Kyle smiled. "Thanks. It's nice to have someone to talk to. I haven't really met that many people here yet, so I'm really glad I met you." He grinned at her.

"Likewise, I feel like i've really got to know you and i can trust you" she said to Kyle smiling. "I havent really got any guy friends that im close too, so its nice having you here" Lauren said crossing her legs and putting her hands in her lap she looked up at kyle and smiled.

Kyle smiled back at Lauren, glad to have made such a good friend by chance. "Me too." He smiled, then nodded in agreement at her comment about guy friends. "I know... there seem to be so few guys in our year! I haven't met any... are we just less magical or something?" He grinnned.

Lauren laughed at what Kyle said it was quite true that there was hardly any boys in their year. I dont think thats the case" she said grinning. "Maybe we're just... just... erm". Lauren was stuck for something to say she didnt know the reason behind it. "You're right i cant think of a reason... your less magical" she said laughing.

Kyle laughed. "Definitly. Either that, or we just really, really hate school." He grinned, tugging absently on the hem of his t-shirt, which was sliding up slightly. "Or possibly all the girls are kidnapping the guys because we got better grades." He grinned. "Should I be scared?"

Lauren laughed, "That could be true" she said grinning. "I dont think your smarter than me though"she said jokingly, "But you might want to start sleeping with the light on, just in case" Lauren added winking while twiddling a strand of hair.

Kyle pretended to be scared. "I might have to. I don't want to wake up to find you hovering over me with a potato sack, waiting to haul me away to a dungeon of kidnapped boys..." He grinned.

Lauren smiled, "I know you should be scared" she teased. "I've already kidnapped half of the ravenclaw boys so you wont be alone" she said finishing with a cheeky wink.

"So" said Lauren moving onto a different subject. "Are you going to the valentines masquerade ball?" she asked. She hoped that Kyle didnt think that she was being a bit too nosy and she bit her lip in embarassement.

Kyle laughed. "That's okay then. We can talk about manly things, at least, while we're all tied up."

Kyle blinked when Lauren asked him about the ball. He hadn't put too much thought into it, beyond agreeing that he would go with Llhei. He realised he'd have to find something to wear, and resisted the urge to groan. Formalwear meant shoes. Yuck. "Uhh... yeah. I'm going with my friend Llhei." He smiled, then wondered if he should have said girlfriend. Was Llhei his girlfriend? He wasn't sure, so kept his mouth shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back