Damn These Stairs!

Lauren smiled, it was a pain. Yeah it is pretty hard to adjust to this life, but i like it. I guess once we stay here a little longer it will be easier" she explained.

He nodded. "It's amazing to think there are people who grew up like this, who never lived in a world without magic. I still find it hard to believe sometimes."

Kyle laughed. "I know. It'll be cool when we get home and can like... just go "ZAP" and clean our rooms." He giggled. "I'm pretty excited for that part."

Kyle nodded. "My sister told me that when I get back I have to show her some magic." He laughed. "Of course, she threatened to beat me up if I don't, but that's just the way sisters are." He smiled sadly, missing his family immensely. He couldn't wait to go see them again in the holidays.

"Just turned fourteen. Her name's Ella." Kyle said fondly. "And I've got a little brother called Alex. He's three, going on four. I miss them loads." He sighed. "Neither of them have magic, as far as I know, so I'm not likely to see much of them until I graduate..." He was suddently hit with a pang of homesickness stronger than ever. He missed his family immensely, and the coloured in picture of a flower Alex had sent him just that morning had almost made him cry.

"Same here" Lauren said. "My family have no trace of magic, so i was really shocked when i found out i was witch, so I dont think my sister will be one. But you never know". Lauren wished her sister would be a witch it would be amazing for her.

Kyle nodded. "I'm kinda glad they don't have magic though. I mean, I miss them like crazy, but I had so much trouble when I first arrived, I don't really want Alex going through that." He sighed. "I suppose there's years to go before that's a problem though, no point worrying now."

Kyle nodded. "I know what you mean. It'd be so great having Ella here, I wouldn't have to be all alone all the time." He sighed.

Kyle giggled slightly, nodding. "Knowing my sister, she'd probably be a Gryffindor. She's not a very hard worker, and she's not really into reading, but she's always the first to climb a tree or run headfirst into adventures. Yeah... She'd be a Gryffindor." He smiled.

Lauren smiled. She wondered what her sister would be in. Lauren had been put in Ravenclaw, & she hardly read, but her younger sister does read quite a lot. She was very loyal to her friends. "I think my sister would be in hufflepuff, i think that would suit her well" she explained. She sighed,"I wish i was in a different house, i dont fit in mine. But its ok"

Kyle giggled. "I can't imagine my sister in Hufflepuff. She's friendly and loyal, but she's way more adventurous, and she sort of pounces on people with her friendship." He smiled warmly.
"Really?" Kyle blinked, when Lauren said she didn't think she was in the right house. "Which house do you think you would have been better suited to?"

Lauren laughed, her sister isnt quite that hyper. "Well, im not sure. But I dont think im best suited in Ravenclaw. Like the stereotypical Ravenclaw is the one which does well & reads & studies a lot. That's not really me." she explained

Kyle nodded. "Maybe you weren't picked because of studying though. Maybe your mind is sharp in different ways." He smiled. "I like to read, and learn, but I'm not really the smartest guy ever. I wouldn't have minded being a Ravenclaw, but I don't know if I'd have been smart enough, despite the reading, you know?"

Lauren smiled. Yeah, i suppose im smart in different ways.

Lauren said to Kyle"Well you never know until you try. Not everyone in Ravenclaw is that smart to be honest, but they do study hard.".

Kyle smiled. "I guess. But like I said, there are different ways of being smart. Some people study hard to be smart, but some people are just really good at thinking, and don't really have to try to get good grades or anything. I'm not really either, which is why I'm glad I'm a Hufflepuff... noone minds if you're not that good at anything, as long as you're nice." He smiled.

Lauren smiled. She'd love to be in Hufflepuff, where everyone is friendly. "Hufflepuff sounds cool, really friendly" she said "Its quite quiet in Ravenclaw. Since everyone is well... studying" she laughed.

Kyle giggled. "Sounds fun." He smiled. "I haven't spent much time in the common room really, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what people usually do..."

Kyle shrugged. "I just wander around, mostly. I love to explore, so I usually wander around to try and mentally map out where things are so I never get lost." He smiled.

She smiled, she just usually stayed in the ravenclaw common room or was down by the lake. Lauren too loved to explore, the building was so huge there was endless places to go... and to get lost. "I used to get lost a lot, but me & my friend Immy actually made map of Hogwarts which has helped us out a fair bit" she smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back