Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Matt ) ( Gay
Wand
Apple, 13 1/2 inches, Essence of Belladonna
Kyle was finally settling into this castle a little, finding his way around. He had stopped jumping every time he heard a painting talk, and was even getting used to writing with a quill. The one thing Kyle just couldn't get a handle on though, was...

"DAMMIT!" He yelled in a rare moment of intense frustration, as the staircase that was supposed to lead him up to the common room to do some studying, instead took a dramatic turn, pointing him in the opposite direction. Kyle groaned, mentally debating whether to go back down and try to find another way, or continue up and see where it lead, and if there was a path from there back to the common room.

Lauren was sitting on a window ledge on the fourth floor corridor worrying about all of the homework she had to do. She didnt know how she could get through it all. There's no use in worrying she told herself.

DAMMITT!

Lauren heard something that broke her trail of thought, it made her jump. The corridor was pretty silent until the angry outburst. Lauren jumped of the ledge & made her way to the entrance of the stairs she saw a boy that was obviously angry with the stairs. Lauren did get annoyed with the stairs sometimes, she was still getting used to them.

"Still not used to the stairs?" Lauren asked the boy who shouted.

Kyle turned around when he heard a girl speak, blushing furiously when he realised she had heard his yell. He made his way along the stairs towards her, figuring that might as well be the direction he attempted to get to the common room from.
"Yeah... Where I'm from, stairs tend to stay in the same place." He halfsmiled embarassedly.

Lauren felt a bit stupid startling him like that but nevertheless he was still up for socializing. Lauren smiled another muggle born like herself. She saw him walk up the stairs, so she decided to move out of the way he obviously wanted to go up.

"Yeah, the stairs stay in one place where i come from to" Lauren smiled "So your a muggle born too?"asked Lauren

Kyle nodded, smiling. At last! She was the first muggleborn he had met since arriving at school, and it was a huge relief. Finally, not alone!
"Yeah, I am." He smiled, having reached the girl, and extended a hand to shake. "I'm Kyle, by the way."

Lauren smiled, there seemed to be more people like herself than she thought. She took Kyles hand & shook it.
"Nice to meet you, Im Lauren" she said. "Have you met many other muggle borns?" asked Lauren.

Kyle shook Lauren's hand, smiling, and then shook his head in answer to her question. "Only one, and I haven't seen her since I arrived here." He sighed. "How about you?"

"Really?" Kyle blinked. He hadn't met any muggleborns from any house since arriving. "Which house are you in?"

"Umm... Hufflepuff." He smiled. "I'm not used to the whole houses thing. I keep forgetting we have them." He laughed slightly, cheeks tinting red with mild embarassment.

Kyle nodded. "My primary school didn't have Houses either, we just had different classes. It seems really weird, separating people based on personality. It's like they don't want us to have any friends who aren't exactly the same as we are."

Lauren never thought about it like that. It's true, they seperate you on your personality. But isnt it right that opposites attract? I never thought of it like that, but i agree. It's not very fair, because opposites attract right?. You may also get along better with people other than in your own house. which in my case is partly true" Lauren explained.

Kyle nodded in agreement. "Most of the people that I've met since I got here are... erm... Ravenclaws." He smiled. "I don't see why the houses have to have all ths rivalry and stuff. It just seems silly."

Lauren nodded there seemed to be an awful lot of Ravenclaws about. "I know like the Gryffindor - Slytherin rivalry. I don't get it! Lauren said. "Have you got on the wrong side of anyone?. she asked.

Kyle nodded. "Gryffindors are... supposed to be brave, right? And Slytherins are supposed to have ambition? I would think they would get along quite well!"

Kyle started shaking his head, then paused. "I don't know, really. I met a girl awhile ago who I don't think really liked me, but maybe she was just shy. She said she didn't know many people growing up, so..." He shrugged. "What about you?"

Kyle nodded. "Me either... It seemed like there were thousands of people at Sorting, but everyone's just kind of vanished since then. I suppose classes take up a lot of time."

((ARGH Sorry for ultra late reply! I've been really sick and haven't had the energy to really go on HNZ at all :( Sorry!))

Kyle nodded. "The homework is crazy. I hardly ever had any in primary school, I wasn't expecting this much!"

Kyle nodded. "I'd never even written an essay before I got here!" He sighed. "And the quills! I don't see why we can't use pencils, or even ballpoints... but I keep getting splotches all over my work!"

Lauren smiled she too had never written an essay before she got here. "Yeah, ballpoints are so much more neat. I find it hard to write with a quill. Im finding it easier though, ive had more practise i guess." Lauren paused, "It's different but i like it, its part of the experience here." she explained.

Kyle nodded. "It's easier now for me too, but it's still a pain." He sighed. "Adjusting's just not been easy in general."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back