15 Inches Oak with dragonheartstring
saz5g4.jpg

</B>
World News
<i>
</i>
By Erica Matthews

312a0d5.jpg
A Photo Captured during Dante's last Bombing.
France: French Bomber Revealed

For the past couple of years France has been held in fear as a mysterious Bomber roamed the streets attacking several buildings however a few days ago the identity of the French Bomber was revealed to the French public as Danielle Terencio also known by the code name Dante. Dante was last seen being apprehended by Aurors after blowing up a Muggle French Shopping mall however shortly after her arrest she mysteriously escaped, Dante is believed to be heading southwards and the French Ministry is asking for any information on Dante's whereabouts. Dante is believed to be mentally unstable and fascinated with explosions, If you see her you are asked to immediately avoid any type of contact and call the Aurors. The French Ministry is currently offering a reward on any information leading up to her arrest, it's currently set at 1000 Galleons though expected to go up as time persists. Dante has caused over 2.6 Million Galleons worth of Damages over the past few years.

Belgium: Annual Doughnut Magic Carnival

Over the last twenty years Belgium has held it's Doughnut Magic Carnival a special even held every year where witches and wizards can not only test their magical skills but also their culinary skills while having a fun filled day. The rules are pretty simply within a time limit the contestants must make a doughnut that will be judged, however they are not only judged by how well the doughnut tastes but on the presentation of the said doughnut and the making process. "We've truly had some fascinating entrees in the last few years, from dancing doughnuts to doughnuts that literally explode cream filling in your mouth once you take a bite" Says head of the Belgium Tourism Department Eva Barnard, the witch who thought up the Carnival. Kids love to come to the even not only for the free doughnuts but also for the fun rides and contests, they also bring many new bands along with them. Including this years Dragons of Bulgaria winner of last years Witch Band of the Year contest.

2qn1ruq.jpg
Minister Resigns from Post
<i>
</i>
By Erica Matthews

Minister for Magic Gellert Coote announced a few days ago that he would be resigning immediately from his post causing a bit of a stir at the Ministry. Gellert Coote has been serving as Minister for well over the last decade and his sudden decision to resign has left many wondering, why? When asked if it had anything to do with the still to recent death of Head of the Auror's Department Scott Anderson, Minister Coote simply replied with the answer 'no'. When questioned further about his reasons to retire Minister Coote explained 'I simply feel that New Zealand's path and my own part here. I care dearly for our nation, and naturally for myself. I have sacrificed much of myself for the betterment of the country over these years but now it seems that the country is better served if I focus on other ambitions'. The Minister does not believe that his resignation will have any negative impact on the New Zealand Ministry and is completely supportive that the Ministry will be able to handle things until a new Minister is elected.

This of course means that new Elections will be held to elect the next Minister, questions were raised about whether or not the Minister should simply choose his replacement and how the candidates will be chosen the Minister elaborated with the following quotes, 'I suppose it would be possible for me to find the next Minister for Magic, but then the blame would fall to my administration should anything go wrong with that person. If you let the public chose, the fault falls to them. Who could be better suited to lead the public and represent them to the greater magical world than whomever they chose? Of course there will be a screening process. Reasonable candidates only. The Ministry will take care of that. But when there are a handful of fair choices, why shouldn't people select their own leader? 'Demo'... something... the Muggles call it. This process has been thought out. The Ministry will be on guard against any attempts to abuse the system to be set in place, and any deceit in a candidate's identity will be discovered. Their submissions to run for the post of Minister for Magic will not be taken lightly. I imagine the Aurors will have an active role in ensuring the safety of the process, the verity of the results, and that all candidates are law-abiding witches or wizards.'

Afterward Senior Under Secretary for the Minister Odette Frederique Ohm came up to the podium to answer a few questions herself, She responded quite generously to many of the questions some a bit delusional from an unnamed source. In the mean time, myself and the rest of the Senior Staff will continue with our positions and maintain the working operations of our Ministry. 'We will prepare for an election as quickly as we are able. The only operations that will be directly affected will be those of the Minister himself. Until the time that a new Minister is chosen and sworn in, we will put those duties on hold. Our hope is that elections will run swiftly and smoothly' Quoted Odette Frederique Ohm Senior Under Secretary for the Minister.

The Elections should be coming up very soon and the Daily Prophet will make it, it's personal mission to bring you as many up to date reports as possible. If you have any questions or responses to this article please contact Erica Matthews via owl and she would be delighted to get back with you, it may even end up in the next Daily Prophet so please don't hesitate to write.

tao7c0.jpg
Year of the Ministry Employee
<i>
</i>
By Erica Matthews

The Daily Prophet is proud to present that it will be having a special area in the next twelve issues for a piece we'd like to call 'Year of the Ministry Employee' Our Daily Prophet worker will randomly interview Ministry Worker over the next year and give recognition and credit for their work. Ministry for Magic employees often do incredible things everyday for the average citizens of New Zealand and while we cannot interview everyone like we would like to do, the Daily Prophet will instead choose the best of the best within the ministry. We think that readers will enjoy getting to know these twelve lucky Ministry Workers and the things that they do on a regular basis, but more importantly we hope that this gives the readers a chance to see these people and give them thanks for the hard work that they do. More importantly however is that at the end of the year the Daily Prophet will allow you the readers to vote and decide which of these workers is the Ministry's Employee of the Year with a cash prize of 1000 Galleon and a special ceremony held here at the Daily Prophet!

If you have a friend, family member, or even an acquaintance that works at the Ministry and you think that they would be interested and deserves to be entered as a possible candidate for this event please feel free to contact Erica Matthews with their name, afterwards the Daily Prophet will dwindle down the names to the top twelve who will each be featured in the Daily Prophet with their different contributions and short bio. Once all twelve have been decided you the reader can then send in your vote for who should be elected the Daily Prophet's Ministry Employee of the Year. This even will be held throughout the year so please keep out a watchful eye, someone you might know may just be one of the lucky ones featured!

</FONT>
Daily Prophet Interns​
<i></i>
By: Erica Matthews​
If your interesting in the exciting world of journalism and your a 5th year entering their 6th year or a 6th year entering your 7th year at Hogwarts apply now at the Daily Prophet. We have five internships opened for those wishing to get a head start in getting a career outside school. The Daily Prophet has a history of bringing out the truth and interesting stories to the entire magical community. As an intern you'll be working alongside a Daily Prophet reporter as they mentor you and help you write your very own story that will be published in it's own special section of the prophet. Interns have a higher chance of getting a job at the Prophet once they've officially graduated.

Even if your not interested in working for the prophet but simply thinking about it, working as an intern will help get you a leg up in the world. You'll be able to meet and greet with some of the magical world's most influential people that will help you get the job that you are truly meant for.

Applications will be accepted untill June, You must turn in a quick bio and reason for why you want wish to be an intern as well as a list of the current courses you are taking in School. All Applications should be turned in to Erica Matthews. So apply today and take the first steps in the world of adulthood and working!

a1iqvn.jpg

A Year's Worth of Gossip!

Well ladies and gentleman do I have alot for you today, yours truly Cynthia Vandervoort has not forgotten all of you and have decided to give you a special treat, a year's worth of gossip compacted all in this little article. I hope that you have your quills ready as some of it may be a little old but I assure you there still just as hot on the tongue and will have all of you around your butter beers chatting it up like good friends. I'll also be giving my personal insight on some of the recent events that took place over the last year since I know how much my readers truly hang on to my words of wisdom!

Worldly Gossip!

So recently you might remember we had the Tri-Wizard Tournament, while I was there in France I had a lovely time chatting with some of the locals waiting for the events and just having a good time shopping! The Tri-Wizard Tournament was highly anticipated but was tragically let down. Many of the events at the Tri-Wizard Tournament were somewhat of a bore, from what I remember wasn't there supposed to be some blood and gore and most importantly some danger? After all the contestants are now supposed to be all of age so you would think one of them might have lost a limb or something, perhaps that something the Ministries could talk about before the next tournament. As for the contestants I spoke with one prier to her becoming the champion, Moko Craven. She had assured me that her competition were nothing and that they were lucky to be graced with her presence, one that was somewhat domineering to say the least, seems like Durmstrang really raises a few Dominatrices over there! She was actually quite right it seems to underestimate her opponents as neither the Beauxbatons nor the HNZ contestants held a candle to her. Wonder what ever happened to Mike Goulding our representative who let us all down? Last I heard there was supposed to be a lynching taking place considering he came in third, good luck trying to get a job in the real world since I know I for one wouldn't want to hire such a loser.

Local Gossip!

Well we all still remember the death of Scott Anderson and how the Ministry seemed to have done a brilliant job in covering it all up, since after all anyone who does there research could clearly see that it was in inside job most likely orchestrated by Nicolas King who's record is as fishy as a barrel full of Salmon. Well the Ministry seemed to want to continue there little charade by attacking and killing reported Death Eater Thorine Dolohov, though surprisingly keeping it quiet. Rumor has it that they believe she was the one responsible for killing Scott Anderson though such is only mere speculation, Thorine some of you might remember was once the owner of the Leaky Cauldron so you may want to find out more details about her from the current manager Isabella Ormonde who recently just had a baby not too long ago, wait a second didn't she date the famous James Potter. I don't want to say anything more about that just yet...

The Headmistress of Hogwarts is both seemingly disappearing and reappearing all throughout the New Zealand area at least everywhere but where she's supposed to be. Wild reports and rumor's about Cecily Zhefarovich and her recent actions, including some nude photo's taken by a man believed to be a Death Eater along with a string of one nighties with many of the men who live in Bleak Street. Her husband might want to look into this and perhaps the School considering she supposed to be someone the little ones can look up too. Perhaps she should contact her one time boyfriend Nicolas King and they could work something out since the two of them seem to share not only a heated past but one that may even have involved the murder of her once husband. Perhaps her current one should actually be on the look out since now Nicolas has a department full of enforcers, would hate to have to find out that he was a Death Eater that needed to be put down too..

Celebrity Gossip!

Back to lil Ormonde, well I had heard rumors that Mrs. Potter was indeed carrying a little Potter of her own however those rumor's seemed to be false. It turns out Kiera Potter is actually just getting fatter which would not be surprising since she recently left the world of Quidditch for what was said to be a 'short break' last I heard five months isn't so short. More importantly is the questions about whether or not Mr.Potter would truly wish to stay with a woman who seems to care more about creme pie's instead of her figure considering James' past. The rumor mill says and after speaking with Ms. Ormonde about it that the young little tyke she walks around with is actually from the loins of James Potter, not so surprisingly to hear considering what he seems to be going through at home. Kiera honey, if you need a friend please call I would love to give you the number of a good dietitian maybe then your husband won't have to go sleeping around and getting other people's girl's pregnant. That brings up another good question, can Mrs. Potter even have children? and if she could what harm would her small frame actually bring on to a poor and defenseless child? Perhaps the Healers at Saint Mungo's can go talk with her about it since she really should consider perhaps using an elongating potion to help herself and from what I hear he husband 'grow a couple of more inches'.

Another little piece of Celebrity Gossip is about our current Senior Undersecretary for the Minister Miss. Odette Frederique Ohm, I had heard some interesting rumors about this little piece but hadn't thought much of it until a recent encounter with her. She seems like an intelligent and attractive young woman but that also seems to be nothing more than a facade. Rumor's I heard from one of my Ministry Sources speculate on whether or not at one time Miss. Odette Frederique Ohm firm was actually a Mr. Odus Frederique Ohm, I have seen a birth certificate and currently having it authenticated on whether the Ministry should look more into this considering that when I saw her I could clearly see what may have once been an Adams Apple. She has been described by some of the other Ministry employees as having alot of testosterone perhaps the operation wasn't a complete success and she needs to go back to remove a couple of things. After all I would just hate to find out that she got someone pregnant just because she wasn't completely a woman yet.

Finally I wind this issue down to are latest and greatest Celebrity Gossip, it seems are cowardly Minister for Magic Gellert Coote is leaving the Ministry after rumors popped up that the Death Eaters are looking for his head. I thought these rumors were a little much after I first heard them but after seeing him recently perhaps this is not the case. He is quoted as saying that he will be doing whatever 'Merlin Wills' Once he leaves the Ministry but I have heard from sources that he will be doing something else. Rumor has it from within the Ministry and close to the Minister's Offices that he and his rumored current lover Joel Backman currently have a romantic get away planned for the French Isles in a couple of weeks, I'm all for separation of work and play but please former Minister, let us know what's really going on after all my readers are dying to know did leave because of Love or War?

This is your Daily Gossip Corespondent Cynthia Vandervoort hoping that you all Remember, we only reveal people's secretes to make you feel better about your own!

121wlxg.jpg
<B><FONT font="Verdana">Enter for a Chance at 1000 Galleons!
<i>
</i>
By Erica Matthews

We would like all to be invited to enter in a once in a lifetime chance at winning 1000 Galleons unfortunately like with all things some conditions apply, sorry wish it didn't have to be this way but the bosses won't let us have it our way.
If you are over the age of 17 and would like to enter in the contest please send an Owl with your name and residence to Erica Matthews and in no time you might be a lucky winner, the Daily Prophet will draw one name at random and instantly that winner will receive 1000 Galleons. So please make sure to enter because that may be just what you need to pay off the bills or perhaps even splurge and go on that vacation you've been telling everyone about. No entree fee is required so please enter today.

OOC RULES: One per Roleplayer not Character, send a PM to Erica Matthews account with your Roleplayer name the list will be handed to an Admin who will select the name out of a hat, the winner will be notified and choose an IC Character over the age of 17 to collect the prize money that character will be posted as the winner in the next Daily Prophet.

This issue of the Daily Prophet has been added to the HNZ Site Wiki.
I would also like to take a moment to take the time to thank Brian for all his hard work on this issue of the prophet, and encourage anybody interested in aiding him to do so. :) Without his efforts, and the efforts/assistance of others in the past, nobody would be able to enjoy these wonderful news articles. :)

Well done Brian! It's awesome, even if some "Loser" is congratulating you! Keep it up man!

Awesome job. :D

Kudos Brian! Good job!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back