Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah had just finished her brunch after sleeping in too long. She had slept in late on the Saturday after staying up reading - for fun! Lately, she had been trying to work her way through some American classics and was currently diving into Pride and Prejudice. She didn't completely follow all of it, but she found the love story aspect more interesting than she ever had in other books. As she walked into the Courtyard, she found a bench that had just enough light to read but was protected from most other people. She walked over with her book bag in tow. As she went to sit down, the bottom of her back tore and all of her school books spilled everywhere along with pencils, pens, and sticky notes. The bag was only a few years old. Maybe this is a sign that I carry too many books. Adorah gave a big huff and she knelt down to begin cleaning up the disaster in front of her.

Aisa had noticed it was a nice day today, so she figured she could do her reading for Charms outside. With her book in her bag, she made her way all the way from the common room to the courtyard, then looked around for a space to sit. She had been keeping on track with her schoolwork, partly because she had seen how much Abian had struggled with his classes over the past few years. She had figured maybe as muggleborns they had a disadvantage, and even though she was managing to keep up, she still wanted to make sure it stayed that way. She spotted a girl she knew, and winced as her bag split. Aisa wasn't friends with Adorah, but they had both been at the study group last year... she didn't feel like she could ignore this. She headed over and crouched down, picking up two books and a few pens. "I'd get a new bag." She said a little dryly as she picked up some sticky notes. It was a little surprising to see muggle stationary, and it made her wonder about Adorah's background. "Here." She added as she handed over the books she had picked up.

Adorah looked up as a familiar voice handed her some books. She had seen Aisa around since they were in the same year, but they hadn't really had many conversations. She pushed a fallen piece of hair behind her ear and accepted the books. "Thanks," she said, a little flustered. Quite a few people were staring at the klutzy girl who's bag had decided to explode all over the courtyard. She looked away from Aisa and picked up the last few bits of paper flying around near her. "I guess buying bags secondhand means things like this can happen." She stood up and put her hand down to help Aisa up. "Thanks for helping me pick it up."

Aisa helped with the last few things, and then allowed Adorah to help her up, even if she didn't really need the help to get back to her feet. "I suppose so. I think it should be fixable with magic, though." She said, thinking it over. "Hold on." She pointed her wand at the bag. "Reparo." She said, repairing the bottom of the bag. Aisa looked at it closely. "I wouldn't put all those things back... but the papers should be fine." She said with a small shrug. "At least to get you where you need to go." Then she spotted a few people were still looking at them, and she gave them an unimpressed look. "Don't you have anything better to do?" She said, making a few people walk on quickly or look away.

Adorah held her bag as Aisa fixed it with a simple spell. Sometimes, she forgot that she had the ability to perform magic. She nodded at the Gryffindor when she suggested not putting her heavy books back in. "You're probably right," she said, giving a smile. She placed all the papers and pencils back in the fixed bag and held the 3 books in her hand. She watched as Aisa told off a few students and snickered a little bit. "Thanks again, Aisa. Sorry if I've kept you from anything. I'm just planning to sit here on the bench, but you're welcome to join if you want." She sat down on one side and pulled her book to the top in case Aisa decided to go somewhere else.

Aisa returned her attention to the Ravenclaw, noticing how she was now carrying some of her books. She thanked Aisa, and Aisa shrugged. "It was no problem." She said quietly. She first thought of declining her offer, but she had actually been looking for a place to sit and read, why not join her? She hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Sure. I was just going to do some reading for Charms." She said, taking her seat as well. "What were you going to read?"

Adorah showed ther cover of her book to Aisa. "It's Pride and Prejudice. Have you ever read it?" It was an older classic, but Adorah was enjoying it, especially since it was an British classic. "I don't have charms until next semester. How's it going?" She felt overwhelmed with the classes she already had so she was trying not to think too hard about next semester, except for Astronomy. It not only meant her favorite subject, but also the professor who was one of her favorite on campus and always made her day brighter.

It somehow surprised Aisa that the other girl had been reading something for pleasure, rather than a school book for the exams. She had imagined that all Ravenclaws would be only studying around this time, and was a bit annoyed with herself for forming a stereotype about a house so firmly in her head. "I haven't read it." She admitted. "It's old, right?" That's all she really knew. "What is it about?" She found herself asking, to her own surprise. She didn't often engage in meaningless small talk, but she was actually curious. "It's going alright. Charms is not the most difficult subject." She said with a slight shrug.

Adorah shrugged when Aisa asked if the book was old. "I suppose in terms of books, yes. In terms of how old other things are, not really," she said, giving a small smile. She wasn't completely finished with the book, but when asked what it was about, she had enough of a grasp to provide a short synopsis. "So far, it's a story about this girl named Elizabeth and her family with lots of sisters. It talks a lot of about class, and since it takes place during the nineteenth century, there's a lot of focus of everyone getting married." She wasn't a fan of the whole idea of people having to get married, but this seemed to be an integral part of the plot. "Anyway, I'm super far into it, but you're welcome to borrow it after I'm finished if you'd like." She wasn't one to loan out her books, but she was trying to be friendly with the girl. She wasn't surprised by Aisa's remark with Charms. "What do you think is the most difficult? Mine is definitely Transfiguration. I find it hard to focus."

Talking to Adorah was refreshing, it was definitely a lot less annoying than most of the other conversations she'd had with her classmates. She settled in a bit, listening quietly as Adorah told her about the plot of the book. She wrinkled her nose a little as Adorah mentioned it had to do a lot with getting married. That didn't sound too interesting. But she guessed there had to be more to it. "I think I would like to." She said after a moment, "borrow it, I mean." She said, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "At least, if you like it." She added with a wry smile, "if you say it's boring, I don't think I'll get through it either." She pondered the girl's question, shrugging a bit. "I think Ancient Runes, which I started this year. It's very different than anything else we've had, and it feels a bit..." She wavered. "Well, useless, honestly. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it." She paused, frowning a bit. "You're in that class, too, right?" She added, as she remembered it. "What do you think about it?"

Adorah watched as Aisa made a face as she was talking about the book, but the Gryffindor girl still wanted to borrow it. She watched as Aisa tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, leaving more of her face visible. "Well, when I finish it, I'll definitely let you know my thoughts," she said with a smile. She hadn't really spoken to the girl, but she was enjoying the small talk they were having on their little bench. She didn't feel in any hurry to go and read her book or study for classes. She did find it interesting that Aisa wasn't too into Ancient Runes. "I am in that class, yeah. I find it hard, but I suppose it could be useful," she started and then thought about who would benefit from the class, "if you were teaching Ancient Runes," she finished with a giggle. "What other elective are you taking? I'm taking Divination next semester." She wondered if the girl knew what she wanted to be when she grew up like she did.

Aisa nodded as Adorah told her she would tell her her thoughts on the book. She was pretty pleased with the reason to talk to Adorah again, as she was pretty good company so far. She agreed with Adorah on Ancient Runes, it was pretty difficult. Though she didn't know how it could be useful, and when Adorah basically said the same thing, Aisa actually cracked a smile. "I suppose so. I do wonder what other careers it is used for." She said with a slight shrug. "I'm sticking to the core subjects next semester, I didn't really like any of the other electives." She paused, "but if Divination turns out to be really interesting and useful, perhaps I could be swayed." She added, still smiling a bit. "It just seems too good to be true, you know? Telling the future." Aisa had seen wondrous magic ever since she had stepped foot in Hogwarts, but she was still skeptical about that part. "Let me know if you learn how to tell the future accurately, that would be pretty cool." She said with a slight shrug.

Adorah smiled at Aisa as she talked about class, admiring the blonde streaks in her hair and placing the book down in her lap. She understood her point regarding Divination, but she knew that there were also things other than telling the future. "Well, I'll definitely add that to my list of special skills if I'm able she said. Although, it would be really cool to tell the future." She looked out at the air and gave her feet a small kick against the stone below. "If you could tell the future, what would you want to know? Maybe I can practice in class next semester."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back