Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was quite glad that she had someone to practice with, hoping that Jaken had been as lucky as she had in finding another in their class. She decided that the safest place to practice spells was the dueling chamber. It wasn't like Cyndi and herself, two of the oldest prefects in the school, were going to try and blast each other's heads off in any case. She and Cyndi had a pretty good friendship as far as Estrella was concerned. They had not done much as far as hang out but Estrella hoped they were getting there. She was glad to have someone to bum around with.

She pulled out her wand, twirling it around in her fingers as she looked back to the Gryffindor girl. "What do you suppose we practice?" she inquired. She had not cast spells at anyone in quite a long time. She hoped that she wasn't too rusty.

Cyndi walked down to the dungeon, glad that she had a partner for this assignment. She hadn't really spent much time with Estrella and was glad that they would get to do so today. She was beginning to become good friends with her and hoped that it would continue. They were the two oldest girls in the school and Cyndi was glad that Estrella was still in the school.

She put her bag down, and turned to Estrella, who had just asked a question. Pulling out her wand, she answered "I dunno...I've always been pretty terrible at shield spells so maybe we can practice that first and then go on from there." Cyndi waited to see whether she agreed.

Estrella continued to twirl her wand absentmindedly as she looked back to Cyndi. "So- do you suppose I should just start chucking charms and spells at you and whatnot?" She grinned. She was eager to begin using her magic, although this technically couldn't be considered a duel. In the dueling chamber there was less chance of a spell hitting anyone- considering students weren't supposed to be dueling down here without a supervising professor. Since this was for Defence practice it was obviously an exception, and as fifth years they knew how to handle their magic.

"Sure... Is there something you want to practice or do you just want me to do anything back?" Cyndi asked and waited for Estrella to reply. She was eager to practice some spells and get started blocking them.

"Well, I can always work with Stupefy," Estrella laughed, "Expelliarmus, Impedimenta..and then I have an arsenal of Charms I can sling at you." She grinned at Cyndi, rolling up her sleeves. She was quite eager to begin. It was not often that she got to practice any spells that would be used in the manner of dueling. However, this time she did not move in with the intent to defeat her partner. Practice was simply practice.

"Ok" Cyndi said as she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, "ready when you are." She held her wand and waited for Estrella to begin.

Estrella hoped that Cyndi would be at the ready, without a moment's hesitation flicking her wand and stating firmly, "Expelliarmus!" She wondered if her friend would put up a barrier in time. This was going to be interesting, she knew.

"Protego!" Cyndi said, but she was just a little too slow and her wand flew out of her hands. Mumbling to herself, Cyndi went and retrieved her wand.

"Ok, again" Cyndi said as she took a deep breath and focused.

Estrella grinned at Cyndi. Well, it wasn't a big surprise, they were all a little rusty, weren't they? This year of Defence definitely hadn't made them utilize their magic too much. Deciding to use the same spell so that Cyndi would be prepared, with a flourish of her wand she exclaimed, "Expelliarmus!" A swirl of magic aimed for the Gryffindor girl's barrier.

Cyndi smiled back at Estrella. She had warned her that this was one of her worst spells, and she clearly had not been lying. "Protego" Cyndi said again with a wand flourish. This time the shield was up in time and the spell bounced off of it.

Estrella was quite glad that Cyndi had deflected Expelliarmus with her strong barrier of Protego; this left open the opportunity to utilize more spells. Grinning broadly at Cyndi, she incantated clearly, "Impedimenta." A red jet of light spiraled towards the barrier. It was a bit stronger than Expelliarmus but Cyndi now had the chance to keep things in control. She stood back, wondering what was going to happen.

Cyndi smile broadened as she succeeded in deflecting expelliarmus . She knew, however, that Estrella would now begin to do harder spells. Cyndi watched as Estrella smiled at her and then impedimenta. In a second, Cyndi had said "Protego" again. The spell again bounced off the shield.

With a flourish of her wand, Cyndi said "Silencio" and wondered if it had worked.

Estrella gave Cyndi an evil smirk, but it did not last long. She was not expecting her friend's spell in retort, the spell hitting her in the chest. She attempted to goad her friend, but nothing came out past her moving lips. Laughing silently, she pointed at Cyndi. She couldn't do anything if her voice was gone. She was entirely certain that they would be going head to head now, something that she was incredibly excited about. "Good job!" she mouthed silently, hoping that Cyndi would lift the spell off of her.

Cyndi laughed as the spell successfully hit Estrella. She watched as she silently mouthed "Good Job!" Cyndi rather enjoyed speaking to Estrella so she didn't plan on leaving the spell on long. "Well, thanks for practicing with me" Cyndi said and pretended to leave.

After a few seconds, she turned back and said, "Just kidding...Finite" Cyndi said to Estrella and smiled, "Sorry...couldn't help myself. I've been wanting to practice that on someone for a while."

Estrella inwardly knew that Cyndi would not leave her unable to speak, feigning shock as she looked back to her. Once regaining her voice, she declared, "I'm going to get you for that, Weasley!" She held her wand in her hand, grinning at her friend. She rather enjoyed spending time with Cyndi- and what better way than to duel? She was prepared to put up a protective barrier. The Ravenclaw girl rather missed the dueling club days.

Cyndi laughed as Estrella warned her that she would get her. "We'll see" Cyndi said in reply.

She was just getting started and wondered if Estrella would be ready if she tried to disarm her. "Expelliarmus", Cyndi said clearly with a swish of her wand.

Estrella was expecting more of a direct contact spell, making a noise of disgust as the wand flew out of her hand and hit the floor with a clack. Giving Cyndi an embarrassed smirk she bent down to pick it up again. Stating clearly, "Protego," she cast a barrier about herself. She hoped that the invisible shield would not fail her.

((I will try to get to this as much as I can, but for RL reasons I will not be on as frequently as I would like to. :( ))

Cyndi giggled as the wand flew out of Estrella's hand. She saw that Estrella cast protego and Cyndi wondered whether it would be strong enough to deflect a charm. Only one way to find out, Cyndi thought to herself.

"Exhilaro" Cyndi said with a flick of her wand. She hoped that it would be successful, but waited to see.

((No problem...believe me I understand how RL can be. ))

Estrella laughed as the cheering charm bounced off of her barrier. That wouldn't exactly be a horrible spell to have cast on oneself, right? With a flourish of her wand she cast Confundo at Cyndi, wondering if it would do anything. She didn't seem to be doing terribly well in this battle of sorts.
((I think that is the Cheering Charm :rofl: )

Cyndi was expecting the cheering charm to hit Estrella and when it didn't, she was unprepared for what came next. Estrella cast the confundo charm and before Cyndi could raise her wand to launch another spell or charm back at her, it hit her.

Estrella looked on in disbelief as the spell struck Cyndi, standing back to see if anything would happen. She hoped that it was not a dud. "Cyndi?" she inquired nervously, as the girl had not expressed much of a reaction to being hit, "Are you okay?" She did hope that she had not hurt her friend.

Cyndi could barely make sense of what Estrella had asked her. Was she fine? She thought so, but when she tried to say it what came out was "huh?" She was finding it extremely difficult to gather her thoughts.

Estrella could not help but giggle at Cyndi's dumbstruck face, waving her wand at the Gryffindor girl. "Finite," she muttered with a flourish. She was pretty sure that that was the spell that would reverse Confundo. She could only hope. She knew that Cyndi was probably going to get her back for that.

Suddenly, Cyndi felt the spell being lifted from her. She shook her head as if she shake the confusion from her head. "I guess we're even now, aren't we Drage" Cyndi said with a tight smile. She had not enjoyed being confunded and hoped that it would never happen to her again. She had to admit that it had been a good spell though.

Estrella could not help a snigger as the dopey expression melted off of Cindy's face. Giving her friend a wicked grin, she replied firmly, "I suppose that we are, Weasley." She wondered if Cyndi had had enough practicing for one day or would want to continue this.

(sorry my posts are so short, I feel laaaazy.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back