Crying.

"Yeah, I was freaking out with only four classes! No idea how I'll manage next year! But this term I only have three so it won't be too bad" Hilary smiled at the thought of free nights.

Bored, Athene threw the dead mouse across the corridor. It landed in Hillary's lap. Athene suppressed a snort.

"Sorry," she said, smirking.

Hilary smiled her normal way not showing how disgusted she was at having a DEAD mouse on her lap. She picked it up by the tail and said "Feeder mouse for snakes or owls, 2 Galleons each, aisle 3, Magical Managerie" in a high pitched voice like the one you'd hear on an intercom in a large department store.

Although Courtney found Athene's action quite funny, she also knew it was very immature and inappropriate. Thank goodness Hilary wasn't afraid of mice. "Athene, that wasn't very nice. If we're all going to sit together, can we be civil about it? Please? Plus, I doubt your pet likes to have it's food mangled before it gets to eat it."

Hilary smiled at Courtney's comment "Ya, I was planning on naming the mouse Bob and having it stuffed to place it on my counter but it is meant as food afterall, so here take it." Still with a smile on her face she held out the mouse for Athene to take.

Athene glared at them and felt color rush to her cheeks. She made no move to take the mouse, instead, she turned to Artemis, who was looking up at her contently.
She nodded her head, if only slightly, at Hillary.

The snake slithered over to the other girl and lifted it's long neck, better to see the mouse. It sniffed Hillary's outstretched hand and waited, and Athene silently cursed the serpent for trying to be polite. She had been hoping Artemis would have put on a more vicious display in order to get back the rodent, but it seemed the snake had learned etiquette from someone other than Athene.

Hilary smiled at the niceness of the snake and after rubbing her hands together slightly to stop them from being super cold she pet the snake lightly on the head. During her year of working at the Magical Managerie she had truly learnt the care of animals. Then seeing that Athene had basically given him permission to eat she held the mouse out by the tail for the snake to eat.

"Wow, he certainly is a nice snake" she said with a smile to Athene guessing it might bother her that her snake was so civil.

Athene suppressed a snarl as she watched Hillary feed Artemis the mouse. Artemis lifted it's head a little higher and snatched the mouse up in it's jaws. It slithered back to Athene, and she thought she could hear it hissing something quietly but happily, though she couldn't make it out.

When the snake slithered away Hilary stood back up to normal stance and with a smile said "I love snakes. So Athene what is your favourite class so far." Well, kindness worked with her snake she thought Perhaps its owner with 'crack' similarily.

Courtney giggled as she watched Hilary feed Athene's snake. It's kind of cute, she thought. Maybe I should have gotten one after all.

"I never pictured you to be a snake person, Hilary." Courtney said, giving her friend a wink.

"What you don't know, can't hurt you Courtney" Hilary said with a joking sound "No, actually I learnt it all from the Magical Managerie.....I liked to hang out with the animals but the owls went crazy when let out, while the cats were just messy so I always had this wierd thing for snakes. I realize I'm a Gryffindor but it's not fair, how my house's animal is a lion, how am I supposed to own a lion?!?!" Hilary was just a crazy animal person who really enjoyed being around them.

Athene sighed. How on earth was she going to get rid of them?If they were just first years, she would stun the lot of them. But they weren't. One was even a prefect...she had to think of something cunning.

"You know I have been thinking that I should pick up a raven. Did they ever come in at the menagerie?" Lily asked. She had been sitting quitely watching the scene.

"Yes, they sell Ravens for 25 Galleons, aisle 2 with the owls." Hilary smiled, having worked at the Magical Managerie for a quite a while there she still knew most of the prices and stuff there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back