Crying.

"Because, that simply means, try and make us leave. This school belongs just as much to us as it does to you!"

Athene shrugged casually.
"Your the ones who said you were leaving, it's really up to you." She said with a smirk, looking down at Lilly. "But i'm certainly not going."

Lily looked at the girl with her eyes narrowed. "I thought you were such a true Slytherin. Why on earth would you want to be up in Ravenclaw territory anyways? Dungeons getting a little too cold for you?" She had heard about what had happened with this girl and her friends, especially Estrella.

Courtney made her way up to the North Tower, hoping to spend some time in solitude to relax. On her way up, she heard quite a bit of commotion. Great, she thought and rolled her eyes. As she got closer to the voices, Courtney saw that it was Lily, Lilian, and a Slytherin girl. Without seeming too nosey, Courtney looked at all three girls. "Hey guys, is everything okay?"

Lily saw Courtney approach and realized that she was letting this girl get to her. "Hey Courtney. Everything's okay. I believe we were all about to head on our way. Right Lilian? Back to my room?" She figured that Courtney would know that she was not being truthful, but hoped that she would forgive her for it.

Athene smirked. She always got what she wanted.
"Yes, everything's fine. These girls were just leaving."

"I think you said you were also leaving. Right, ahh! Yes. You did," she smiled, "Goodbye, Courtney."

Courtney wasn't sure if she believed what she was told, as she had heard commotion. But she decided to let it go because she trusted Lily. "All right," Courtney said with a smile as she walked a few feet away from the other girls and sat down.

"See you later, Lilian." Courtney added.

"Yes. All of us were leaving." Lily concured with a smirk. "Bye," she added with a little wave, her words tinged with sarcasm.

As she walked out with a smile, she nodded toward Lily, "Your room?" Today was getting better by the second. She wsn't very fond of this new girl. But, she would be okay. She would live.

"Yeah, my room sounds good to me." With that, Lily turned on her heel and headed over to where Courtney was seated. She knealt down by her and whispered, "Sorry about my behavior Courtney. I don't know what got into me." She smiled at her friend, hoping things would be okay.

Courtney looked at Lily and flashed her a smile. "I think you're handling things well. Maybe I'll stop by your room later and see what you guys are up to."

She flashed a smile back at Courtney. "Sure thing!" She then stood up again and looked at Lilian. "Let's go."

Courtney looked up at the unfamiliar Slytherin girl. "I take it you are staying?" She asked in a somewhat friendly voice.

"Of course," said Athene. "I thought I had already made that clear? I didn't come up here to be social, you know." She slouched back against the stone wall with a smug grin on her lips.

"Oh, okay then." Courtney said with a shrug. Lily and Lilian had told Courtney that all three girls were leaving, but they must have been mistaken. "I'm Courtney, by the way. I don't think we've had the pleasure of introducing ourselves yet."

Athene laughed coldly. "What do you mean, we? You've introduced yourself already. Though I can't see how it was much of a pleasure."

Courtney glared at the Slytherin student, unimpressed by her show of attitude. "It wasn't necessarily a pleasure for me either. But it was the polite thing to do. Anyhow, like I was saying. Courtney Potter, Ravenclaw third year and Prefect."

Athene groaned inwardly. Not another Prefect. She'd had enough of them to last her her next 6 years at Hogwarts.
"Charming," she said sarcastically. "And what do you want?"

Courtney frowned, she was getting rather frustrated with the girl's attitude. "Respect," she stated matter of factly. "I would like you to treat me with the same respect as I treat you with."

With that, she pulled a book out of her backpack and flipped it open to a bookmarked page.

"Well," Athene drawled, a contemptuous look upon her face, "You haven't earned it."

She glared at Courtney, and determined that she was not going to let the prefect chase her out of the tower.

"Looks like I have company then," and she pulled her wand out of her pocket. "You won't mind if I practice a few spells while i'm up here, will you?"

She smiled and took out one of the three mice in her pocket.

Lily had noticed that Courtney had yet to return to the dorms so she decided to investigate. She took a book under the guise of going to the library. She saw the Slytherin girl still there, Courtney sitting on the floor reading. She walked over to her and sat down next to her. "Courtney, whatcha reading?" Lily ignored the other girl, who was standing there with her wand and a mouse.

She groaned as she saw Lilly arrived. I really don't like her, she thought bitterly.
"Wingardium Leviosar" she said louder than necessary, pointing her wand at the mouse. It began squeaking, it's high pitched voice echoing against the dank walls.

Lily watched the mouse bounce around for a second, then turned back to Courtney to wait and see what she had to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back