OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper didn't know what he was feeling. He had always liked Lily, as a friend. But there had been a time when he had been crushing on her, a lot. He had thought that was definitely and completely in the past, but now... those feelings were sort of coming back. Ever since he kissed her on top of the North Tower after they set off fireworks together, Jasper had been confused. He was also scared. What if he was wrong? What if he didn't actually like Lily, what if he hurt her again? He'd really upset Lily last time and he had told himself they would never veer back into more-than-friends territory. Yet, here they were. Dates. Jasper fidgeted with his jacket, waiting for Lily to arrive. He hoped he wasn't making a big mistake with this.

Lily was a little confused by how things were with Jasper right now. She wasn't sure how they had ended up here, again. She had liked him, once, when they were younger. But he had hurt her. Badly. She hadn't ever thought they were going to be here again. She normally would have tried to dress cute, softer pastel dresses are sweetheart cuts.

But Lily was done trying to be cute. Her usual style, her sweetness, it hadn't done anything but hurt her. She had lost everyone. Her heart twisted a little at the thought of Clifton, of how he had moved on from her so quickly and completely as if she had never mattered. She still missed him, she still wanted him to hold her and kiss her and tell her he loved her. She shook her head, pushing the thoughts aside. Clifton didn't love her. It was probable he never had.

Besides, she was here tonight with someone. And Lily wanted Jasper to see her. Really see her. She wanted him to pay attention to her, she wanted him to like her, think she was pretty. She smoothed the hem of her dress, pushing aside her apprehension at wearing this. She let out a sigh, walking down to the ball. "Hey, Jas," She greeted, smiling and coming up, reaching to slip her arm through his.

Last edited:
Jasper was stunned at the sight of Lily in a short, black dress. It was so unlike her usual style that it took him a moment to even realize it was her. He blinked, realizing his mouth was slightly open. He quickly closed it, and smiled hurriedly, offering her his arm. "Hey, Lily." He said. "You look great." He told her. "Different... but good." He said, feeling slightly awkward. He cleared his throat. "Let's have fun tonight, okay?" He said to her as he started leading her into the Great Hall. "What do you want to do to start? You're in charge." He told her, giving her a smile. "Though I have to warn you that putting stink pellets in the punch is something that's difficult to get away with. I'm speaking from experience." He said lightly. He was hoping to keep the mood that way, light and funny. Nothing too deep, too real.

Last edited:
Lily smiled, taking his arm. "I'm glad you like it," she replied easily. "You look dashing yourself, you know. You've really grown into those suits," she teased, poking his side. "I remember when the suits you wore seemed to eat you right up," she laughed lightly, following him into the hall. "Why don't we drink some punch instead, and then I can show you up on the dance floor?" She asked, smiling playfully.

Jasper noticed Lily was acting differently than usual. She seemed... more confident, more sure of herself. It was a little strange, as he felt a little less confident than usual. There was something strange about being here with Lily like this, especially after the way it had gone with Nell last time. He was really unsure about his feelings about both girls, if he was honest, and wondered if he would ever figure out girls. They were confusing. He laughed at Lily's comments, shrugging. "I remember." He said sheepishly. "I used to hate wearing them, too." He said. He then nodded at Lily's suggestion. "Sure. Punch sounds good." He said, leading her to the drinks table.

Lily smiled, walking extra carefully to make sure she didn't trip. She chuckled, rubbing her thumb lightly over his arm. "We're both growing up," she laughed a little, hesitating as she thought she saw Clifton and shrinking into Jaspers side. She cast her eyes downward, tugging on the hem of her skirt.

When she glanced up again, whoever she thought she had seen was gone, so she couldn't know for sure if it had been her ex or not. She bit her lip, her confidence wavering as she tucked herself further into Jaspers side. Was this dress really okay? Did she look okay, or did she just look like some silly little girl playing dress up. Trying to push her thoughts aside, her grip tightening a little on Jasper's arm, she gave him a shaky smile. "What do you want to drink?" she asked softly.

Jasper wasn't sure what to make of Lily's words as well as her actions. She was moving closer to him, which made Jasper feel a little awkward. Did she mean anything with it? He once again tried to joke around to make it a bit more comfortable. "Would be weird if we were growing down, or something." He said with an awkward laugh. But then he glanced at her. "You okay?" He asked, noticing her confidence seemed to be leaving. "I could go for some pumpkin juice. What about you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back