Confused

Nicolas was tempted to state that he didn't think Edward much cared, but decided against it. Whether or not he liked the man he knew Cecily still cared for him deeply as her childhood friend. He feared seeing Edward in the future however, he'd never be able to speak to him as he had hoped he would be able to speak to him when Cecily had first spoken of him. He siled warmly down at Cecily, not sure what to say at all, but deciding to try to say something, "I hope your owl helps."

"Somehow, I doubt it will," she said more to herself than to him. "I need to rest. Meet me for breakfast tomorrow?" she asked softly, her face wan in the firelight.

"That I shall." Nicolas agreed, allowing Cecily's former comment to only sink in his mind and nothing more, he formulated no reply to it, not even for himself. "Sleep well." He stated, leaning forward and kissing her on the cheek, for him to have to truly kiss her would have probably upset him far more than he already was.

Cecily nodded, smiling tremulously before quickly exiting through the door. She shut it quietly before leaning against it and stifling a sob. She drew her strength about her and walked from to her quarters, his not kissing her telling her all she needed to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back