OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily had wandered around the castle after apparating to the grounds from her disastrous meeting with Edward. Somehow she found herself just trailing water over the stairs as she made her way up them. She stopped at a painting and watched some card players trying to bluff each other.

Professor King was exiting his office and classroom after a short marking session and noted Cecily walking down the corridor looking rather distraught and drenched. She stopped at a painting nearer the one end and he approached her with a warm smile, "You alright?" he asked, "Do you want to dry off or anything?"

Cecily looked up at Nicolas and then down at her wet clothes. "Oh. I guess I should get dry," she said numbly. She half heartedly waved her wand, which ended with her being half dry with damp spots on her clothes. She tried again and was dry on the second attempt. She felt like she was walking through a fog; standing there with her wand hanging by her side.

Nicolas frowned as it took Cecily two attempts to dry herself. This added to his trouble and he allowed his face to show his concern. "Cecily, would you like to talk? Go somewhere, take a walk? Or just sit in silence by a fire?" He asked all at once, wondering why Cecily had failed to answer his first question.

"I-I'd like to sit by a fire," she said, nodding.

"Alright, well, I'm figuring the Gryffindor Common Room isn't such an awesome idea, so how about we go back to my office?" He offered, coming to realize now that Cecily may not want to discuss what was troubling her at all. Something that she wouldn't want to discuss with him scared him.

"Please,"she said politely. She wanted to just sit down and think things through. Nicolas' presence calmed her, acted as a buffer to the panic that she'd been in earlier.

"Alright," Nicolas began, placing his arm around her shoulders and starting to walk back to his office, all the while wondering what could have Cecily so distraught.

After a few moments and paces Nicolas opened his office door and let Cecily go in first. He moved to the fireplace, allowing Cecily to take a seat in front of it and ignited the wood that had been there. He walked over to his desk and grabbed two glasses and some firewhiskey before taking a seat beside Cecily facing the fire. "So, will firewhiskey help at all?"

She sat down in front of the fire, watching the flames spark. "In this case, yes, I think it would." Her laugh was caustic, not like her at all.

Nicolas nodded and poured two small glasses, handing one to Cecily and setting down the bottle he gazed at the fire, "You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" He inquired, not removing his gaze from the fire.

Cecily took the glass, taking a deep drink before holding it in between her hands. She looked at the fire before glancing at him. "I know," she said quietly. She was perched on the edge of the leather armchair, looking for all the world like a caged animal about to take flight. Her hair was pulled up and the three thin scars that ran up the side of her neck and along her jawline were visible in the firelight that danced across her face.
"I saw Edward today."

Nicolas' face had been without emotion but he frowned at the mention of Edward's name. He took a good drink of his firewhiskey before turning to his side to face Cecily, "He seems to be popping up a fair bit lately. I met him at the ministry yesterday." he stated, recollecting the encounter. He knew Edward was Cecily's close friend, what could he have down to trouble her this much? "I take it your meeting wasn't as pleasant as one could hope?" He finally asked, deciding that there wasn't much of a better way to ask what he wanted other then, 'What did that @$$ do?' but didn't want to offend Cecily so he only thought such sentiments.

She nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "He told me you'd met. He also told me he'd transferred to our ministry to be near me," she risked a glance at him.

Nicolas allowed his frown to become more defined as she said this. He emptied his glass of firewhiskey and set it on the small table between them, once again following his tradition of sorts to only allow himself one glass of firewhiskey, despite now being a wonderful time for finishing a bottle of the stuff. "Well. I suspected he had some feelings for you after all he said yesterday." He admitted solemnly, having hoped that who Edward had called his girl hadn't been Cecily, but knowing know that he had been referencing her.

She finished her glass and followed suit, placing hers on the table. She didn't want to become drunk, especially not around Nicolas. "He told me that you're not right for me...that he loves me," she said softly. "Then he kissed me." She turned to face him fully.

Nicolas had expected the former two things by this point, "Yes he seemed to leave that impression with me" he began as Cecily got to her last statement. He listened and sat facing her in silence, willing his face to be void of emotion and allowing his body to simply not reveal anything about himself. It would take a legimens or an empath to read him at that moment. Inside him a volcano of anger long dormant had erupted. He wanted to blow up his office, and likely would have had Cecily not been there and the guarantee if it harming her been present.
He withdrew his wand slowly and sent it to it's levitating stand on his desk, this would prevent him from doing something he'd regret for now at least. Granted it'd be easy to get it back or cast wandless magic. But he hoped he would be able to control himself, and knew his wandless magic wasn't the strongest.
"He...what?" He finally spoke in a slow and solemn tone, deciding and hoping that he may have not heard correctly, that his imagination had taken over.

Cecily felt a strange thrill of apprehension rush down her spine at Nicolas' actions of sending his wand to his desk. She was confused by it and made her tense. "He kissed me," she repeated, her fingers twisting together as she nervously wrung her hands. She'd done nothing wrong yet felt awful. "I didn't invite it, nor did I kiss him back. I slapped him and well, I came home."

Nicolas' rage grew by the second and he didn't much desire to hold it in any longer, but did so for himself, Cecily and quite possibly their relationship. He wasn't upset with her, he was more than upset with whom she called her friend however. He started to wish Cecily had kept this to herself as it had first seemed she would. "What can I say?" he began in an incredibly calm tone. "Are you alright, then?" he asked, deciding he would decide what he would do with his rage later, he knew he couldn't harm Edward, but he wanted to more than anything else at that moment.

"What can you say?" She bounded up from her chair, his utter reserve and calmness striking a spark. She paced in front of the fire, throwing her hands up. "You could say something! Anything! Let me know what you think and feel about what I just said to you!"

"Alright." Professor King began, his face unchanged by Cecily's reactions but his voice raising ever so slightly so as not to be the calm tone of before. "I'm more upset with Edward. He certainly didn't treat me well at the ministry then this. This... This crap! I mean he knows I am dating you! He knows that I wasn't going to step aside because he thought I was like Bearse. Yet he had the nerve to try something like that. I'm so enraged by him in general. I didn't want to ruin your idea of him, you seemed to think so highly of him but in one encounter with him I came to dislike him. Then he does THIS! What do I get to do about it? Nothing. I can't harm him, I can't do anything to him. I don't want to even sink to the level he's playing this at."

Cecily's cheeks became flushed. She'd never seen Nicolas this upset before, show this much emotion. It made her more irrational. "Well I certainly didn't expect this!" she ranted. "I didn't know he's in love with me! I didn't know he'd act like such a, such a...I don't know!" she threw up her hands and stalked toward Nicolas' windows. She looked down at the grounds.

"Cecily, you told me to tell you how I felt. I have and you seem more upset with me." Nicolas said, standing up now and looking at Cecily from across the room. If this was how she would react to his feelings he would soon learn not to share them with her, or at least not all of them. "Did I say you saw this coming? No. I haven't faulted you for this at all." he concluded, going to her by the window and putting his arm around her again. "I love you." he came out,figuring assuring Cecily of this couldn't hurt the situation at all.

Cecily sighed out a breath, turning to him and wrapping her arms around him. "I'm sorry,"she mumbled into his shoulder. "I love you too. I'm frustrated and upset." She glanced up at him then away. "I took it out on you..."

"That's quite alright," Nicolas assured her, hugging her close to him then after a few moments releasing her. "So what will happen to your friendship? I trust you don't share his feelings?"

"No, I don't. He's my oldest friend but that's all." She sighed and scrubbed her hands over her eyes before folding them together in front of her. "I don't know what will happen. I think that I have to send him an owl. He has to know this behavior isn't right."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back