Condemned

"Suit yourself." she said to him as she started to shake both of her legs. Somehow she liked his harshness and yes even his rude attitude. She liked persons who seems to be interesting or unique even if it means insulting her whole being. Her head resting on her arms as she was staring at him, he seems to be pretty much annoyed with his brothers and sister. "Obviously." she said sarcastically with a smirk on her face. "Is that why you're here? You want some space or maybe a chore or something more?" she asked him wanting the conversation to keep on going. Sure it didn't matter to her still, at least there was something in common with the two of them. Mizelea guessed that the must have lots of brothers and sister, maybe some younger and some older.

"Oh no, it's nothing really." she told him as she flashed him a smile, if he only knew the smile was fake. She was used to hiding her cold and negative emotions around people. Which means that any time she could erupt with her anger. Biting her lips as she tried to push back her emotions.

"Both, I want some space, and as annoying as it sounds, I am on a chore as well." Devlin said, frowning. He didn't really like going out a lot, in fact, he preferred to just stay in his room, but then again, since he wasn't able to control his temper, here he was, talking to someone. But now that he had actually thought about it, it was actually kind of good that he had got himself some space, that he had left that house that had seemed to be nothing than a place for him to stay and get his necessities, it was becoming less and less like a home for him.

Devlin frowned again when he heard the girl's answer to his question, she might be smiling at him, but it was not like the ones that he had seen earlier, this smile that she was showing looks forced and looks rather...fake in his opinion. "I don't think so." He had this thought that she was lying and that she was holding back, but then again, he had no right to know whatever it was, he doesn't even know her name. It was rather weird how they had gotten to talk that much without even asking each other's name, scratch that, the girl had actually ask what his name was, but being him, he didn't answer her at all.

Mizelea felt good about the boy as he started to open up somethings. Well, the truth probably. She needed something interesting after all, like a chat full of insults and despair. She then wondered why of all time, Mizelea would find a guy who seems to be uninterested in her. Just like the one he met along the Dark Alley who seems to be annoyed by her but still she kept on chasing for the boy. Then there was this chat with Valentine who seems to be rude but turned out to be nice but still rude. "Am I not that attracted like my sister!?" she exclaimed not aware that the boy was in front of him.She wasn't desperate or anything, just annoyed maybe that up to now no man seems to even like her more than a friend.

"You know what? We've been here for like an hour or maybe a couple of minutes or so, an I still don't know what you're name is? So what's your name mister? It's not like I'm gonna hunt you after or something?" she asked him as she was always curious about strangers. If it's going to be the last conversation of the two then it seems appropriate to know his name. As she was waiting for his reply Mizelea stared at her trying to flash him a smile once more. "You hate me smiling don't you? or you just really hate my smile?" she asked him as she was looking at him blankly now trying to hide her smile.

Devlin was rather surprised yet amused at the same time as he heard the girl talk. really, it looks like she had forgotten that he was there in front of him, for her statement was just too.. odd in his opinion. "What are you talking about?" He said, smirking, really, how random can this girl be? Its not like he knew why she had said such a thing, but it was pretty funny. The girl look decent enough in his opinion, not that he was one to actually say such things, after all, he was never interested in mushy and cliche things such as romance, he deemed that it would just be a burden to him.

It seemed like that girl had read his mind when she started to talk about how weird it was that they were talking for quite sometime yet he had never really introduced himself. Not that he wanted to, after all, he deemed it unnecessary to introduce himself to someone whom he might not see again, but then again, this might just be an exception, after all, the girl was pretty entertaining in his opinion. "Give me your name first." He then stated, he didn't like to be the one to give out his name if the other party wouldn't give his/hers first. "Idiot, it's not you in particular, I just hate that expression in general."

"Did I just said that out loud again?" she said in shy tone. It was normal yet weird for Mizelea to even blurt out or even shout random things. It's been a statement for ears really. As if she was drunk or something that she wanted to scream at the top of her lungs just to ease her anger about her sister. Maybe she could strangle someone and hit anything, but that wasn't her thing. That's why at time she would run up on a hill, the higher the better and just starts to shout. Sure it was great exercise for her but it just seems wrong at some point. She wasn't the type who would show her tears in front of a person, it was better for her to hide it instead and lock herself inside her room.

"What are you wanted or something?" she joked as she was surprised that the boy was suspicious or rather scared of her.
"It's Mizelea, but then again you can call me Mizzy, Zel, Leah, Mizel as long as the nickname fits." she said handing her hand for a handshake. It just seems appropriate to have a handshake after introducing herself to the boy. "And you are?" she asked her back. Mizelea just shrugged of the mean word he said to her and bit her lips once more.

"You just did." Devlin said flatly in reply to her statement. Just like what was stated before, she was indeed random, and it was pretty amusing to him. It's like, everything was just new about her, when he was becoming tired of the conversation already, she would just say something completely out of it and his boredom would slowly slip away again. It was like this girl had lots of things that she would want to say that she cannot really utter out loud, and though he was quite curious about it, he was not one to ask such thing.

"Moron, would I be able to go around this place if I'm wanted." Of course he knew that from the sound of her voice, she was kidding, but he cannot just help himself from giving a snide remark back at her, it was just him."Your name's pretty weird sounding too, and how could you just go around and let others give you different names? That was just too odd as well." There were just too much that he cannot really get about the said girl, she did acted really weird in his opinion after all. "Devlin, don't ever try to give me any pet names."

Mizelea simply bit her lips once more, she didn't know how to react about the said scene she just did. The seems to be very much amused by her, as well as she was amused by him. The boy obviously loved insults and practically made it as his own hobby. At the same time, it was kind of nice that the boy stayed. "Ohhh." she said sarcastically trying to prolong the echo. "It seems like you don't know the difference of a joke from well Not-a-joke." she teased him raising her left eyebrow.

"It actually depends on the person, and as long as it's near my name I see nothing wrong about that." she told him wondering if the boy's name was that too ravishing to hear. "Devlin? It's kind of odd too. Just slash letter N and interchange the position of the last two letter and you have.... Devil!" she once again teased but this time she decided to say the word out loud to somehow catch attention. The name suits him well, his parents must have foresee the future.

Devlin had to frown again for the nth time that day after he had heard the girl's obviously sarcastic remark, he knew that he was right, she was indeed unlike the others that he had met before, she was just to oblivious about what he was capable of doing or about how rude he was already, or probably, she had known that already and was just not minding it at all, nevertheless, she seemed to be amused by his reactions, that same way that he was getting rather amused by her remarks as well. "It's quite obvious, isn't it?" He said flatly with a shrug. Now that he had actually thought about it, it was unlike him to just sit around and talk to someone, much less a girl, but then again, there's always a first for everything, right?

"Suit yourself then." The girl didn't mind being given any nicknames so why would he care? But he would definitely not give her those petty names that she had been called by others, he would just call her by her name then, or if not, he could always make use of insults to call her. The frown on his face deepen as the girl began to analyze his name, well of course had had noticed how his name sounded like the word 'devil' which is used by his sister to call him, but even so, no one had ever said that straight out to his face.

"You know you're really cute when you're smiling." she teased him wondering if he'll take it serious when it's really a joke. Mizelea noticed the boy frowning and frowning, it was her first time to meet a person who like to frown a lot. Simply nodding as he heard his response, he seems to be quite sad about something and hopefully not with her. Wondering what would the boy call her, how she wished it's something appropriate. Mizelea then taught how on the earth could he make the boy at least smile. It was her thing, to make people around her smile even if it mean her getting angry or sad.

"I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to judge in any way and well Sorry." she said to him as she stared to his eyes. As if she felt bad with Devlin's reaction towards his name. At times Mizelea seems to ignore people so much that some gets mad or insulted over her words.

"What?" Devlin was actually quite surprised as he heard the statement that the girl had just uttered. Really, she was the first one that had ever said such thing to him. It seemed like with this meeting with the said girl, a lot of things had been happening to him for the first time. No one had ever commented on him ever smiling, for he never do such thing. The only one who had seen him smile was his closest friend, and those times were pretty much too rare as well.

He raised an eyebrow in obvious amusement as once again, the girl had apologized to him. It's not that she had done anything wrong to him really, he wasn't offended in anyway when she had commented about his name. He was just quite surprised by it and that's that. "What are you sorry for? I told you not to apologize didn't I?" He said, his lips quirking a little to form another smirk.

Mizelea watched Devlin's reaction, he seems to be surprised or rather shocked that she called him cute. It wasn't that a big of a deal for some, other guys would laugh and some would be flattered. But his reaction wasn't the reaction Mizelea was expecting, she taught he would say bad word and shrugged of the comment. It was also obvious that the boy didn't liked showing his smile to other people and maybe even his family. Then she noticed him raising his eyebrow, was saying sorry a big deal for him. She was used to saying the word all the time, like bumping into an old lady and such events that needed and didn't need sorry's

"Well yeah but that was before." she teased him smiling but this time not showing her teeth but rather her dimples. As she stared at him noticing he was forming a smirk on his face. "Why not try a smiling for once?" she taught as she sighed back and forth. They were still inside the cake shop and the place started to welcome new customers. Glancing back her shoulders she noticed the waiter looking at them. "Have I paid the bill yet?" she asked Devlin wondering if she have paid the cake she just had eaten. After all Devlin was there or maybe yet watching at the same time teasing her while eating the cake.

Devlin was really quite entertained by this girl. She seemed to like smiling, A LOT, which is pretty weird in his opinion. It's not every day that you would see someone that smiles as much as her, it can be pretty creepy in his opinion actually, like he cannot actually read what it was that she was thinking. When he heard her next statement, he just had to shrug. Well, of course he had indeed told her not to apologize before and it was indeed in another situation, nevertheless, he still didn't want her to apologize for something that is not really worth apologizing for, at least, that was in his opinion. "I can pretty much remember that." He said flatly, looking at her as she smiled once more. "You know... you do like to smile a lot, don't you? Don't you ever get tired of that?"

Looking at where she had looked, Devlin had had to smirk. Of course, they would get that look from the said waiter, after all, they had been staying there for quite some time now and there were other customers as well who were looking for a vacant seat. It might be time already for them to leave. "As much as I could remember. No you haven't. If you did, then that waiter wouldn't give you those looks."

Some people get's annoyed by Mizelea's smile and some liked it. She didn't care about the opinion of others as long as she's being herself. Nodding at his words, before she heard the thing about her smile and all."I'm very aware of that, not really. Why.... are you?" she asked him wondering if he was annoyed or even bothered by her smile. "I could stop smiling if that makes you happy?" she told him biting her lips again as if trying to push away her smile. There wasn't that much to smile anyway, she just wanted to boy to smile or maybe he was the reason behind it.

From the looks of it, it was obvious that she haven't paid the waiter yet, glancing back to her shoulder. "Guess I'd better pay now." she said as she opened her purse trying to find her wallet. As soon as she got it, Mizelea got some money, enough to pay for the cake. Signaling the waiter to come over to hand her the bill. It was just cake but from the looks of it, the price wasn't that reasonable for a slice of cake. Mizelea then handed the money, inserting it inside th bill. "Thank You and sorry for the delay Miss." she said to lady who seems to be frowning at the same time shrugging her shoulders. Watching the lady return to the cash register to place the money, Mizelea wondered what would be next. Will the two stay here for another hour or maybe Devlin would somehow like to continue the conversation somewhere else.

Others might have been offended by what it was that Devlin had said, but from the looks of it, this girl was not in anyway hurt by his words. Or maybe she was and she was just hiding it, that thing, he was not quite sure of. But even so, the way that she had replied to what it was that he had said had once again, surprised him a bit. Really, this girl in front of him was pretty much unpredictable in answering. He just can't quite read her at all. "Never mind, do what it was that you would want to do." He said, shrugging. He was getting quite used to her smiling all the time anyways, that if she did stop doing that, he would be finding it quite weirder than when she was smiling.

Devlin had had to smirk as he watched the waiter's reaction as the girl paid her. It was quite obvious that the said waited was annoyed by the delay, and really, it was just too amusing to watch. "She wasn't too pleased with you, was she?" He said as the waiter set off to leave them alone once more. The place was getting rather crowded and the truth was, it was irritating him quite a bit. Devlin, after all, was not that fond of too densely populated areas. He finds it to be quite annoying. "Is there any place that is not as boring as this?"

It seems to be quite surprising that the two were still talking with each other. It's been probably an hour that the were still inside the shop. "And what's that?" she asking wondering what was he describing. Mizelea turned her back, wondering what time was it. From the looks of it, she'll be shopping tomorrow most unlikely. It wasn't a big deal for her, it's just that she hoped to have some alone time. Still it was great having Devlin around, even though he might not like her as a person or anymore.

"I guess so, but that's not my problem anymore." she told him knowing it didn't made any sense at all. Mizelea wasn't bothered by the crown as the shop was filled with different people form young to old. But then she noticed that they were the only ones who seems to be not ordering anything. "Well, you could come with me? I'll be strolling the streets, wandering around. she asked him wondering if he would liked that.

It seemed like Mizelea hadn't been able to actually understand what it was that Devlin had just tried to say, but even so, he decided not to further elaborate on it as he had just deemed it to be unnecessary to do. It's not a big deal that is worth repeating anyways. "Nothing.." He said, shrugging. It's been quite some time that the two of them had been talking, usually though, Devlin wasn't the type to talk to someone this long, but this girl was interesting enough to talk to anyways, so he figured that it would be alright to stay a little longer. At least, this place was better than his house which is pretty much full of annoying people in his opinion.

Having nothing better to do aside from delivering the cake that he had just bought to their house, Devlin had decided to just go along with her. He's pretty much bored anyways, and he certainly didn't like to see his younger sister at the moment, and his older brother as well. "Wandering around with no destination in mind? Wouldn't that be a waste of time?" He said flatly. Though he had already decided to come along with her, he wouldn't really like to just go around and stroll the area without an exact place to go to.

Mizelea noticed the boy shrugged once again, was she that bad at understanding. Maybe for now, she didn't wanted to go back to school just yet. There was so much things to do, inside her mind of course. Good thing she was done reviewing her notes last night. If Devlin didn't liked talking to her then probably he'll be on his way out by now. "Okay.. she said in flat tone as she was watching Devlin's body movements. "Not really, it's better to be wander around without any destination really, because of my several experience.. At times who wander around and you could see unexpected things and interesting people , take for example like you?" she told trying to explain the whole idea.

There were times when Mizelea would be lost out of now where and met a few friends along the way. Other than that the experiences she have made her more adventuresome than ever. But after some time, she had memorized all the streets and alley of Europe to London and France. "I was actually going to shop today, but since your hear I could push that to tomorrow." she said to him smiling but this time without flashing her pearly white teeth. "So do you want to come with me?" she asked him wondering if he'll accompany her.

Of course, Devlin was able to understand what it was that Mizelea was trying to say, but even so, that didn't change his opinion about wandering without any real destination in mind. It was probably because he was pretty much different from her, when she would be happy to meet new people, he prefers to actually keep his few friends close and not be a social person at all. He disliked talking to random strangers and just strolling down an area doesn't really appeal to him that much. He didn't like being caught off guarded, he wants everything that would happen to go according to his plan as much as possible.

"I'm bored anyways, so I guess I will." He said, stating it as if it was not a big deal if he had just said that he would accompany her. After all, like what was stated before, he didn't want to go back to his house yet, and he definitely didn't want to see his siblings to, added to that, he hadn't really been able to go around the said place cause he's not really an outdoor guy, so, it would pretty much be his advantage if he would just indeed go along with her then.

Mizelea started to stretch her arms, after all she was sitting there for most likely an hour or more. She wondered when will she buy her own Polaroid camera, with enough money that her parents sent her. With a camera , she wanted to take pictures of the person she'll be meeting. Too bad she didn't had one yet to take a picture of Devlin. The idea came to her last week when at the same time she wanted to start a scrapbook full of randomness.

"That great, shall we leave now before the waiter starts to stare at me again? she told him as she was slightly clapping her hands. Sweeping some strand of her hair away from her face and checked if everything was inside her purse. It would be a great opportunity to stroll with Devlin, who knows he could share something interesting about him once in a while. The weather was just right, it wasn't sunny nor it was raining. It complimented their moods as well, she then waited for Devlin's respond as she stood up and stared at him.

It was great that Devlin had been able to actually stand up after long hours of sitting there and talking. Who knows that sitting could be pretty tiring at times too? Yawning, he looked over at the waiter that had just gotten Mizelea's payment before. It seemed to him that she had no interest on them anymore, but he was quite sure that she was still irritated knowing that the two of them had stayed there for almost an hour yet all that they or Mizelea had ever ordered was just a slice of cake.

"Take the lead then." He said with little interest. He doesn't really have any place that he would want top go to, and besides, he had just agreed to tag along with her, it was then her duty to actually be a host and entertain him for quite a bit. The weather was pretty much good as well, and he was quite happy for it if that was the word. At least, it was not raining for Devlin really hated the rain, and it wasn't that sunny as well, which is a relief as well. He just hope that wherever they would go, it wouldn't be such a ridiculous and boring place.

Mizelea started to brainstorm , on where will the two start to stroll around. The best place was the the street, so at the same time she could window shop. As she was standing, she heard Devlin talking. "Okay then, let's go!" she exclaimed giddily. She could feel her legs feeling a bit tense as it was bent for like an hour or so. Mizelea then started to walk, leading her legs out of the shop while opening the door. As she was now at the door, Mizelea glanced back at the shop wondering if she'll be back sometime soon. Maybe yes or maybe not at all, after it wasn't the best cake she ever had tasted.

They were now on their way out, looking up into the sky Mizelea smiled once more. "I'm guessing you don't want o be at home right now?" she teased him while swinging her hands as they started to wander. A small and light breeze started to blow, making her hair quite messy not that messy at all. Fixing her hair she glance back at her shoulder wondering if Devlin was still there behind her.

Devlin had just decided to just follow Mizelea to where ever she would decide to go, after all, there was nothing much that he knew about the place, and it would be better to have her lead him to somewhere that would be interesting enough. Whoever had said that the cake shop that they had just gone off to was selling great and delicious cakes must be delusional, for by the looks of it, and by the service given by the crews, i was far from being one. Frowning as he walked just behind Mizelea, he cast a glance at whatever it was that could catch his attention, those silly looking kids playing around, those displays at the shops, it was interesting and entertaining at first, but that enthusiasm had died down as time passed by then. He was just about to yawn when Mizelea started to speak, raising an eyebrow, he had to have another frown at his statement. Really, this girl does like to tease and annoy him doesn't she? "It's quite obvious, isn't it?" He replied flatly as he increased his pace just so he was on the same pace as her.

Mizelea was very aware that Devlin was frowning, as the two of them were walking she stumbled upon a shop. The shop was very unusual, it was a gag store for pranks and all. She turned her back and reached for Devlin's arm, it slipped until she was now holding his hands. She then pulled him as she was driving him inside the shop. "Come on! Let's go inside here!" she exclaimed. Mizelea acted like a five-year old but this was her usual thing. She exploring the shops and from he looks of it, the shop was brand new. Several persons greeted them upon entering, "Guess this shop is new." she said as she started to wander her eyes followed by exploring the shop.

She even forgot that she was still holding his hand. "Let's go here!" she said as she pointed out stalls of potions from the other side. Mizelea didn't even thought if the boy was a wizard, obviously he is. There were kids around the place and also there were teens like them wandering around. The place was beautifully decorated as if they were in Wonderland with Alice.

Devlin was surprised when Mizelea had just grabbed his hand and pulled him towards what seemed like a gag store. He as not use to such physical contact from anyone, and he was not fond of it, no, not at all. Slipping his hand away from her grasp, he glared at her coldly, though not as cold as the one that he had sent her a few times before. "Don't ever do that again." He warned her, looking around the shop as he did so. The shop was indeed pretty interesting in his opinion that he had then forgotten the fact that he was irritated by what she had done by then.

Taking a few potions that the girl had just pointed out to, a smirk had found its way to his face, he could possibly use some of those to his siblings if they would ever annoy him, at least, he was not really using magic out of school right? It was those things that would do the damage for him. "Interesting.." He muttered, still browsing through the different items displayed around the said shop.

Mizelea knew that Devlin would slip his hand with her, it was that predictable. As she heard him threaten her, Mizelea simply ignored him and went on to the next stall. She didn't wanted to waste her time arguing with the boy. She wandered off as she looked around the place, that she forgot she was with Devlin. In just a minute she was apart from him and probably lost inside the shop. Mizelea didn't want to buy anything as it would be just a waste to buy things from a gag store, after all she wasn't allowed to use it inside her school.

As she was about to leave, she forgot that Devlin was with her. Mizelea wondered if she'll leave him or maybe wait for him. Still she decided to wait for him at the door. She even sat there, leaning her head at the wall. She was looking forward to shop all day but here she is stuck with a an arrogant boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back