Condemned

Devlin Howard

Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Love becomes hate. Courage becomes fear. Trust becomes paranoia. These are all opposites that one time or another happen to us all. But what if it happened in reverse? What type of person would remain? Put all it backwards. Paranoia becomes trust. Fear becomes courage. Hate becomes love. No matter how you look at it, no matter what way you're going, it never happens like this that quickly. It usually takes until we are all far into our teenage years, maybe almost adult years before we even know where we stand on this earth.

Life never turns out the way he want. That's what Devlin thought as he started his way towards the dreaded cake shop, though he's not really keen of the said sweet food, he had been ordered by his older siblings to buy one, and though he's not really one to easily follow orders, he had no choice. His brother is capable of using magic out of school, and he on the other hand, wasn't. So what choice does he have but to follow? Honestly, once his out of school as well, he'll get his sweet revenge soon.

The cake shop was not well known, but it had the best cake in the world. Or so his siblins said. So there he was standing in front of the door with the wind flipping my dark brown hair in his face and a backpack on his back ready to go into the dingy little shop that his brother had recommended out of punishment.

He walked in and a bell tinkled cheerily above me. He looked across the room to where the cash register sat. The room was filled with refrigerated glass cases and cake. He began to browse. He didn't expect much. He expected high quality cake, and this didn't look too promising.

The woman at the other end of the store looked at him for a moment and came over to him with an overly friendly smile. He gave her a glare in return. His day hadn't been as good as it could have.

"We have more." Devlin blinked rapidly, wondering what on earth was the woman saying. "Another cake just finished cooling. It's a strawberry crème cake if you'd like some of that instead." He gave her a nod then, not fully knowing what it was that he should actually answer in return. Quiet music played in the background, and that made him albeit more irritated, why does the world need to be so happy when he himself was too irritated? Knowing that it would take the waiter a bit of a long time to prepare his order, Devlin decided to seat by the window, bring out the book that he had just bought about dark arts and wait for his order to arrive. A few minutes later which had seemed like forever to him, the woman arrived with his order at hand, and as he took it from her, he immediately went out, heading to the park to see if there was something that he could use to get his frustration out.

Little did he know, because of irritation as well as because of him hurrying, he had forgotten his book in the shop, only when he was about to read it once did he noticed it missing. "D@mn, where the heck is that book?" He cursed, face reddening in anger as he glared at his bag in return, seething in anger for being to forgetful about his own things.

Mizelea flurried like little, fluttering swans in the still morning.It was unusually warm for December, and the third year found herself loosening the white scarf around her neck. Even the leaves on the ground stuck to her spice-brown boots like rock candy. Speaking of candy. . .Mizelea looked straight ahead as groups began to disperse in different directions. She, herself, was headed to Europe first thing. She wanted to munch on some sweets or better yet some cake around the city. Beauxbatons wasn't the place for food, there cafeteria was just indeed horrible. She then wondered how was home.The memory of that day was clearer in her mind than any other memory of her earliest Christmases and birthdays. This was when she was a five year old girl in flowery dresses and with curled, chestnut locks that framed her plump face. She had stolen away for the ninth or tenth time from under the unwatchful eye of her old nanny clutching several pounds from her mother's handbag in her small fist. Of course, she never knew what to do with herself once her shoes hit the pavement outside, but she wandered by herself a bit.

The present day Mizelea grinned inwardly. She had been a shy child, wary of others. But that changed of course, when she got over the first few, painfully awkward interactions with boys and her sister. As she was reminiscing she saw a cake shop and decided to stop by. There were freshly baked goodies in hand for her, which made her smile up to her ears. As she entered the shop she saw an empty chair and pulled it towards her. The waitress greeted and her she greeted her back."Any specialties you could recommend me Miss?" she asked the woman in uniform. As the waitress went back to the counter to see what was the specialty, Mizelea saw a book beside the table she was. She then grabbed and inspectioned it wondering who could probably leave a book.

Picking his bag as and swinging it back to his back, Devlin started to make his way back to the said cake shop. Really, can his day get any worse? First, he had been ordered to buy this cursed cake, and now, the only book that he was interested in was lost. Why was everything against him today? Swearing under his breath a couple of times as he glared at any person who was unfortunate enough to cross his path, Devlin had finally found his way back. The shop had been more crowded than before, which had obviously resulted to mare irritation for him. Cursing once again, he slammed the door open not even caring whether he got confused and weird looks from anyone. His watchful eyes surveyed the area, looking for that black thick book that he owned, luckily or not, or perhaps not, he spotted the said book in a girl's hand. Not just any girl it seemed, for from the looks of it, she was way younger than he is, and she doesn't seem like the type that he'd be really interested in, she just seemed too... bright in his opinion.

Groaning in irritation, he approached the girl quickly but quietly, occasionally glaring at the happy kids who wear walking around the shops with their loving parents. He hated it, for he himself had never experienced the love of a parent before. He could have easily wiped those smiles in those children's faces only if he was not too busy finding his stuff. As he neared the said girl's position, he extended his hand, palm out, waiting impatiently for her to hand his book back to him. "Hand it over, now." He said, his voice cold and sharp and his face showing the annoyance that he was obviously feeling at the moment. He didn't even bother to introduce himself for he deemed it to be unnecessary, this meeting was something that would have been forgotten easily anyways. Just a small encounter with someone that he doubts to leave a mark in his life.

As much as Mizelea loves reading, she wasn't fond of bringing out books out of her bag. She knew very well that she could lost the book within seconds. As she was waiting for the waitress she wondered taught that the owner of the book was a boy obviously, how could a girl could forget her stuff and that includes Mizelea of course. She looked around the place wondering if the the owner would have it back. She was a bit disappointed with the waitress who seems to be slow at serving people, how she hoped the cake would satisfy her. As she was jiggling her legs from side to side she noticed a boy was now in front of her, obviously glaring at her.

"How may I help you mister?" she asked in shock as the boy then reached out his hand and started to point out that the book was his. "What, no magic words?" she said to him giggling. How he hope the guy wouldn't be violent and all. After all she just needed to confirm that the book was his.

The girl's giggling had only made all matters worse for Devlin. His patience was already reaching its limit, and knowing him, it was no good when he lost control, that was actually the reason why he was punished by his brother anyways. He had lost control and had almost killed his own little sister, not that it was his fault, his sister just like getting on his nerves every time they see each other's faces.

He didn't like the sound of the girl's giggling at all, it was very girlish for him, and he hated it. The sound was very much irritating to his ears, and that joyful look on the girl's face was something that he definitely despised. It's not that he hated girls in general but he viewed them as weak little creatures who were too frail and delicate that a small touch from a stranger would make them break. Girls are just too pathetic and stupid in his opinion, they are not worth his time. "No." He said flatly, hands still extended in front of him. There was no need to be polite or anything seeing as he was much older anyways. And besides, it was his book, he need not to plead just so the girl would give it back. But if she did refuse to hand it over to him, there could be other ways to do it right? ways that she may not like at all but would somehow be interesting in his opinion. Now that he had thought about it, it would be much better if she did become stubborn, at least, he'll have an excuse to do whatever he wants, give her snide remarks or even hurt her as much as he could.

Mizelea got bored from waiting that she decided to play around, stil insisting to hear the magic words. "Is the word 'please' that hard to say?' a voice in her mind telling her. "How about I'll start the word for you? . . .Pppp....." she said to the boy with a big grin. She didn't cared if the boy would yell or rather insult him, she was used to hear that words and all. Still gripping at the book she glanced back to the counter and saw the waitress approaching toward them. "Finally!" she cheered. "We have some strawberry creme cake and butterscotch caramel." the waitress told her. Mizelea wiggled her nose wondering what to order as the boy stood there glaring at her."I'll try the strawberry creme cake please!" she exclaimed. "How 'bout you Mister" she continued on to tease the boy.

She then started humming while waiting for her order, also waiting for the boys violent reaction. He could have the book anytime now if he could as her politely. There was nothing wrong with asking a normal person with a normal person. After all it was his time who's running not hers. Mizelea pushed the chair in front of her, using her legs. "Do you want to sit, Mr. Stranger?" she asked her giddily.

If he was in a comedy show, a vein must have popped in Devlin's head already. He was starting to get really annoyed at the girl that he could just grab her by her collar and slam her on the wall like how he did with his sister. Yet, he knew that in such a crowded place like this, physical confrontations were a definite No no, he'll get himself in trouble, and seeing that he was still in trouble with his brother, he cannot really add up to that. His uncle works in the ministry and he will surely be scolded once the news reached his ears. Not that he mind it though, but he didn't like to hear the long sermon of that uncle of his. "I said give it back." He said, slamming his hand on the table in the process of doing so. He was emphasizing on every words now, seeing that he was getting frustrated with the girl. "Get it through your thick skull shrimp, or are you just too stupid to actually understand what I am saying." He added, throwing a dirty look at the unknowing waitress that had just approached them at the wrong time.

Devlin was on the verge of pushing the girl off her chair when she started humming, why was it that she wasn't getting affected by what he was saying? And that thing frustrates him even more. "Listen here missy, I don't have time to deal with a pathetic waste of space like you, so if you still value your life, give me my book back." Devlin said, leaning on the table now as he closed the gap between them, a murderous look crossing his face.

Mizelea wanted to laugh so hard but she didn't wanted to embarrass the boy as he was already embarrassed by his actions. Though she didn't clearly understand his insult. "Is that all you can do?" she thought as she was still shaking her legs. She was the girl loved mean people around, for she knew the meanest people are the who's heart is the deepest. Mizelea loved challenges, and that includes naught boys who just can't get enough of her weird attitude. Still she tried to wonder of what to say next. "Why thank you!" she said to him as she thought that shrimp was a good nickname for her. The boy was obviously trying to lessen his tension.

"Stupid, we'll I was never stupid, and yes Mister I do understand that you can speak English" she told him still giggling. Mizelea continued her humming when she hear the boy called her missy. "Oh! I didn't know you know me!? Though it's not Missy and Mizzy." she added and started to smile wider. "So what you're saying is you want your book. Hmmmm. Okay then Mister. Here you go." she answered him as he let go of the book and gently placed it on top of the table. Mizelea flashed her a smile. "Oh and you're welcome!" she continued.

Devlin was on the verge of whacking his head on the table by now, he was getting really annoyed and frustrated. This was actually the first time that he had encountered such person. Someone who seemed to be too thick to even be hurt by his insults or to even care about what he was saying. And he hated it. He hated it when he doesn't get what it was that he wanted, and at the moment, all he ever wanted was to get his book back as well as to get this girl cower in fear in front of him. Yet, by the looks of it, he's not going to get both. "Thank you?" He repeated incredulously, cannot quite believe what it was that he was hearing. He had just insulted her and all that she had ever said was a thank you in return? Really, the world might be turning upside down by then.

"D@mn, are you even listening to what I am saying?" He cursed, not minding the looks that had just been given to him by several adults in the area, no, he was just too focused with the task at hand to even care about what it was that they were about to say. Now, if only looks and glares could kill, the girl would be long rotting in her grave by now. "Why the heck should I know you're name? You really are mad." He added, a frown forming in his face which is very much not like him. Usually, it was only irritation and scowl that would be seen in his expression after all. As the girl let go of his book, he quickly took it, scanning through the pages to see if there was anything that have changed in there. He hated it when someone messes up with his things. "Dream on girl, you're not going to receive any thank you from me..."

Mizelea covered her mouth for she knew she's gonna blow out of laughing. Still her hand wasn't enough that she started to laugh so hard, tears were even falling on her cheeks. She then got her dandelion handkerchief and wiped away the tears. "You're funny!" she pointed out she then received her order. At that time it was now a man who served her. "Oh, Thank You Mister." she said kindly at the man who then left after placing the slice of cake in front of her."I have ears and also I don't have a choice. she told the boy who seems to be somewhat offended. Mizelea still continued humming, then she insisted to taste the cake. It was scrumptious, she could feel the cake melting inside her mouth."MMmm, now this is good cake!" she exclaimed not minding about the boy in front of her.

"By mad, Do you mean affected by great displeasure or anger, done with great haste, excitement, or confusion.?"
she asked him still munching on some cake. "But you just said Thank You a while ago?" she said giggling as she was adoring the taste of the cake with her taste buds. "You sure are confused." she thought as she was still giggling.

Devlin was growing more and more irritated as his so called conversation with this girl lengthens, and of course, it was really bad for him to get annoyed. Yet, no matter how hard he try, there was only little self-control that was left for him. The girl was really getting on her nerves, it just seemed like she knew the right buttons to push to get him real frustrated. Her laughter had only made everything worse than before. It seemed like she was making fun of him, which was a definite no no. He didn't like it when people laughs at him, no, actually, he hated it so much. "What the? Funny?" He said, this girl was driving him crazy that any moment now, he'll probably blew off out of extreme annoyance. "You're obnoxious." He added, his glare intensifying as the girl continued to hum. D@mn it why is she still enjoying?

"No, it means that you are insane..moron." Devlin stated, this pint-sized girl, at least in his opinion for he was quite tall, was real insane for him, usually, people would be angry once insulted, or at most, said people would cry, yet, at this case, the said girl was pretty much enjoying it seemed, and what more, she seemed to brush off every insults that he had for her, which is definitely no fun at all. "When will you stop that hideous giggling of yours?" He said in annoyance, pulling the cake away from her as he tried to grab her attention back to him, honestly, any second from now, he's going to give her what it was that she deserved.

The boy obviously had no taste with his insults, it made her want to laugh more. "I mean why would a guy like you waste your time here insulting me when you could already leave?" she thought as she started bit her lips. It was still early and all she wanted was to eat cake, was that so bad for him to understand. Mizelea kept humming, she wasn't annoyed at all with the boy."You're delightful!" she teased him. She knew very well what to say to him. Insults should be compliments and so Mizelea tried to turn the insults into compliments even though she wasn't sure. "Yeah, I agree with the insane part and the moron we'll not particularly. But hey what you say is what you are right! So like how prudent of you!" she exclaimed as she gave a stare a boys eyes. His eyes were furious yet it seems to be quite pretty. Slanting her head from to side as she was still staring at his eyes.

"Oh my giggling? hideous you say? Then let me improve it for you!" she said to him followed by a more cheerful giggling. Mizelea's giggling was a natural like always. When she noticed that the guy pulled out her cake away from her. "Hey, get your own cake and else you'll pay this one." she tease him as she continued humming.

The girl was as thick as a brick it seemed, she wouldn't get affected no matter what it was that he had said. Now, if only Dorothy was here as well, she'll surely scream her lungs out for getting frustrated, and she's not one to take insults the easy way as well, that's why it was a real laugh to annoy her. Yet, this girl who was currently having the time of her life eating that cursed sweet thing was making him look like a fool, and it makes him want to face palm himself. If only he was allowed to use magic now, he could have throw a thousand of hexes at the girl's way, and, if only he wasn't on trouble already, then he could have resorted to physical violence. He's not one to back up at all, but at the moment, he needed to, that is, if he still wanted to keep his life from his older brother. "Stupid Donavon." He muttered out loud, not realizing that he was already voicing out his thoughts. Once he get back home, he'll get his frustration out with his sister, whether she act hysterical once again, he didn't care, at least that would make his day much better than it was now. "I'll kill you one day." He said sharply, this conversation was draining out his energy, which was weird, for they had only exchanged a few words to each other.

Devlin already had this urge to make leave the shop without any word, yet, he's not one to turn his back on challenges, and this one was a challenge for him. He'll make her see and realize that she should not mess with someone like him, that thing he was sure of. "You pay for it", He stated, taking a quick taste of the cake, "I knew it, this cake's the worse. . "

Mizelea knew that after this conversation it would be bored as hell, she would be back eating the cake alone. Then maybe later she'll have a stroll downtown. She also wanted to search some new outfits for her to wear and then maybe sneak some snacks inside the school. "Donavon? I wonder if that's his name? " she thought then started to think of something she'd forgotten to ask the guy. "Oh Mister! What's your name?" she asked him as she whipped her hand to catch some icing on her index finger then started to suck i out of her hand. Mizelea loved eating the icing of the cake other than the bread. Back in Texas, she would bake dozens and dozens of cupcakes for her relatives. Making the icing was the exciting part of it."Oh so you're threatening me? I have evidence if I'm dead by maybe later or tomorrow. Hey a tleast I know who killed me right?" she joked with sarcasm in her tone.

It was the first time a human being threaten to kill her, then she remembered how would her pets feel if she'd been killed by a guy she barely knew. "Oh no! Sanchie, Hiccups, Butterscotch , Avalon and the animals on barn will me miss If you kill me!" she blurted out not aware that she said it quite loud into the public. She pouted when she saw the boy got a taste of her cake, still she grabbed the fork and took a bite, even the the boy used fork and it went to his mouth and all. Mizelea didn't care. "Guess you don't have a sweet tooth." she told him as she flashed him smile. She was still happy and giddy than ever.

"I'm nobody.." Devlin answered, smirking at his own, like he would tell her his name, that would just be too insane for him to do, he didn't even know who she was yet. "Oh..scratch that, I'll be the person to drain your life out..." He added, his smirk growing wider, he had long figured out that insults wouldn't work on the said girl, if that was the case, then probably, he'll do use the other way around. He can play with her right then and now. Extending his hand out, he wiped off some of the excess icing on the girl's face, his eyes penetrating into hers. That gaze of his could have shook any woman's whole being, but he knew that this wouldn't be the case for now, the girl looks too young to care anyways, but even so, he wondered what would her reaction be then. "It's not a threat girl, it's an advance notification of what you're future would be.. saa...maybe a few months or so from now?" He remarked, pulling back, his tone taking it's playful manner, like a predator laying around with his prey. It's true though, just a few months from now, or probably just over above a year, he'll be graduating, and surely, he'll be free to do what it was that he had always wanted.

Devlin give the girl a what-are-you-talking-about look, honestly, the girl was getting weirder and weirder as the time passes by, and though it might have been a rare occurrence by then, he finds it to rather amusing. "They won't, why don't they follow you on your grave then?" He stated, a quirk of lips signifying that he was about to laugh, but he decided not to do so, even that movement of his lips was barely noticeable. No, it had been quite a long time since he had laugh, and usually, it was only when he was torturing his younger sister or someone else. He raised an eyebrow as the girl continued to eat her cake using the fork that he had just use, that was just too wrong in all sense.

"Hello Nobody!" she teased him knowing it wasn't his real name. Still she decided to call him that. She was a bit surprised when she noticed the boy smirking. "Hey Everyone the boy knows how to smirk!" she said it a higher tone. Rotating her head to see if everyone was looking at their direction and yes they were. Mizelea didn't felt more contented that she stood up and started clapping her hands for some reason she felt it was appropriate to applaud the boy. Mizelea then went back to her chair and sat as she watch the actions of the boy. She didn't held her face with her hand after the boy wiped the icing out of her face. It was those moment like in some cheesy movies, and no Mizelea didn't wanted to follow the scenario of those clips. As the boy stared at her deeply, all Mizelea could to was once again more laugh."Do you expect me to melt? Sorry to disappoint you but your staring not that captivating." she lied to him as she then raised her left eyebrows at him."Well they do say good people die first. teehee." she said as she was again giggling. She value her life so much and yet if it was her time then she'll be accepting God's kingdom whole heartedly."You see, that can't happen due to that our graves our separate and all, they want to be buried at our garden. We'll I want to but hey why not right?" she answered him.

Mizelea noticed the raising his eyebrow when she used the same fork. "What? Do you expect me to eat the cake with my bare hands, beside your saliva isn't that poisonous." she chuckled as she continued eating her cake. The cake was sweet and mild, she didn't cared about the boys opinion."You know, you've been standing there for like thirty, forty minutes? You seating in a chair?" she asked him as she once again pushed the chair in front of her using her legs.

"What the h3ck are you doing?" Devlin stated as he turned to see everyone looking at them now, he didn't like the attention at all, especially since he didn't even asked for it at all. "What are you looking at?" He sneered, glaring at everyone as much as he could, the girl's clapping of her hands made nothing but to worsen everything of. What's the big deal about him smirking anyways? And besides, shouldn't she be annoyed that he had just looked down on her? Really, this girl was the very definition of oddity. Devlin cannot help but to scowl when the girl laughed once more, no, he wouldn't go cliche and say that her laughter was like music in his ears, for in fat, it was irritating him so much, and no, he didn't like it at all. "Moron, If I want you to melt then I would have done something more.." He said, shaking his head, his frown still plastered on his face, now, where had the insults gone off to? "That was definitely illogical, it's not those good people who die first, it were those idiotic ones who think that they were so good, ones just like you then." He didn't get why people say such thing as what the girl was saying, dying wasn't determined whether the person was good or not, but rather, it was determined by how weak and strong or how intelligent the person is, like what was said, it was always the survival of the fittest. "What? You're talking to them? Really girl.. there should be a limitation to being random."

Devlin felt the need to run a hand through his hair as the girl began to talk once again, she's really weird really, in fact, if he would write a dictionary of his own, the girl's name would be the one that would be defined by the word weird, well, whatever her name was anyways. Devlin was never that good with names, he easily forgets anyone which he deemed to be unimportant, though, he wondered whether the case would be the same now. He debated whether to sit or not when the girl offered him the seat once more, should he return to boredom or should he stay at the presence of this girl? Well, it's obvious that he'd just choose the latter then, he hated being bored after all.

The boy was just unbelievable, he kept on insulting Mizelea as if she was his little sister. Still like she said before to her self, she was used to having mean people around. Though she felt quite bored with the boys insult. It must have been his favorite hobby to make other people bad and let his pride take over. Mizelea then yawned at his words, it was still early but she could feel her eyes wanting to close and her mouth to drool out of boredom."You know if you're gonna be so bring to talk to, I may just sleep here right now." she told him as she stared blankly at the boy. The only thing that Mizelea hated more was being bored and boredom. It was the main reason why she loved going outside the school and wandering the streets alone. As the boy once again insulted her, she gave a big yawn and continued eating the cake until she noticed it was all gone. "Limitless." she said in soft cold voice as she was playing with the fork.

"And I though I was noisy and pesky." she thought to himself as she began to gaze to the boys eyes. His eyes were slowly changing at some point. It wasn't that Mizelea was annoyed or irritated or anything, she just felt the most unbearable feeling. Boredom. She then licked her lips wiping off the icing from the cake that she ate a few minutes ago.

"Share the same feelings here... if you're going to be something like a bore, then I better leave.." Devlin said, returning the same blank stare, and here he thought that he's going to have something fun to do at the moment, yet, he was proven to be wrong then. If the girl would continue to act like how she was acting right now, then she'll be no different from all the others out there, too plain, too common, too boring. Now, she reminds him of his brother Dancel, too apathetic, and was just a waste of time to talk to. If the girl wouldn't do anything that would interest him, then he'll have no choice but to find something else to do, anything at all just so he'll get rid of this boredom, he could even go home straight right now, if only Donavon wasn't there, he could have endless fun arguing and messing with his sister.

Stretching and tilting his head to the side, he started to yawned as well, really, he was beginning to feel really really bored, and he hated such feeling. He hated wasting his time, and if it continues being this way, then surely, trouble will sure to follow him, for when Devlin's bored, he'll do anything to have some fun.

"Wait!" she said to him. Mizelea didn't wanted the boy to leave now, not now. She taught the boy would stood up that she glided her body at the table making sure the plate was now gone as the waiter took it a few minutes ago. She got the boys clothing and held against it, looking quite foolish to observe. "What do you do for fun anyway? other than insulting, complaining and terrorizing other people? she asked him still gripping the piece of clothing of the boy. Her voice sounded like a person was choking. Mizelea could postpone her plans for today, after all it was still the holidays and she knew she could still spend some time outside the school. "I'm sorry." she then stated as she let her hand open and placed it against her lap, still she kept her head on the table. She stared at the boy once more trying to remeber the boys face, just in case he'll runaway.

It was quite sad that Mizelea didn't brought her Polaroid camera today. She loved taking pictures of random people and making a scrapbook out of it. It was her way of meeting the world in front of. As her head was still leaning on the table she wondered if the boy was somewhere near in town.

Devlin was quite surprised when the girl stopped him from leaving, he didn't expect that at all, for all he knew, she just wanted him out of her sight and stop him from further insulting her. "What?" He said albeit a little too harshly without even realizing it. His eyes were on her hand which was currently holding on to his clothes, as if trying to keep him there, stopping and making him stay in his spot. "Nothing else, that's all I do..." He said, his eyes never leaving the girl's hand, he was telling the truth though, all he ever do was to make a mess with other people's life, other than that, there's no other way for him to have fun... well.. except for reading and well, he draw sometimes..

He wondered what was it that the girl do for her to have fun, most of the members of his family bully other people to find some enjoyment, and now, he was curious about how normal people have fun. "Stop saying sorry.. it's annoying." He remarked, scowling at her, he didn't like people apologizing when said person had no fault to begin with, it made them appear weak in his opinion, and he hated weaklings, that's it.

"Well, I don't want you to leave just yet..." she told the boy as she flashed him her puppy dog's eyes. She needed something, someone. .. anything for her boredom to just go away."Torturing others fun ehh? she hissed as she was slowly releasing her hand on his piece of clothing. Wiping her lips with some tissue, she went back to her chair fixing herself. "I'm sorry for saying sorry." It was the only thing she could say to him as she sat there waiting for something to happen aimlessly. It was the holidays and she was the only student wandering the streets of Europe. Other than some students who also lived there. It was still sunny probably in Texas and by now she might be be playing with her pets and all.

The main reason why she didn't wanted to go home was because of her older sister Ximena, she was always getting in her way. Being the center attention and all, the perfect so called daughter. That didn't stopped her from being the jolly, supportive sister. Still she needed some space for now. "Hmm, I wonder what would you look like smiling!?" she exclaimed as she looked at him straight in the eye.

"That won't work on me." Devlin said flatly as he turned to sit once again, really, that puppy dog eyes that she was showing was making no effect on him at all, he's juts like that it seemed, nothing seemed to faze him. He had to smirk though when she uttered the word sorry once again, though this time, her apology made more sense than the one before. He yawned, knowing that just a few weeks from then, he'll be back to school once again, which meant more fun, but by then, he won't get the chance to actually harass his younger sibling once again.

Devlin cannot help but to actually feel quite annoyed yet amused at the same time when the girl asked how he would look like when he was smiling. As if he'd ever do that, not now, not ever. "Stop wondering, it would never happen." He said, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he turned his attention to those around them.

"Pfft." she made a sound. There was one tiny bit thing that Mizelea forgot, that very day she was going shopping. Mizelea just got her allowanced and wish to spent it on her new wardrobe but to her surprise she was here inside a cafe with a guy. "If I say ... Err Insult me! would you smile for me?" she said hoping she could actually catch him smiling. Batting her eyelashes at him repeatedly. She wasn't sad about the whole shopping thing, after all at least she met a new company. The boy was obviously dashing, his rude attitude didn't made Mizelea that as a turn-off for her. "Do you have like brothers? perhaps sisters? You surely enjoy bullying them don't you?" she said out of the blue. For she then remembered her older sister Ximena who seems to get through her nerves. "Oh You're so perfect, so pretty mind as well take over everything huh?" she thought as she was whimpering by herself.

Deep inside she could feel her fist slowly closing as if it was getting tighter and tighter. She was ready to punch someone in an instant. She always wanted someone who can she lean on, probably a punching bag or better yet a stressball, too bad no one seems to volunteer. Luckily, Dezandre was always there for her in times of need, even though he was only four. He seems to make Mizelea happy by just simply touching or smiling at her.

"I can insult all you want, but no, I won't smile..." Devlin said flatly, sounding rather harsh and all, but he figured that it wouldn't matter any way, the girl seemed to be oblivious to everything that he had said, that was precisely the reason why she was still sitting in front of him, and why he was still talking to her, if she turned out to be like those others, then he would have not hesitate to hurt her as well, but she's different, and hopefully, she'll stay that way then. "You guessed it right, I do have brothers..and sisters.. they're pretty much annoying." He said, remembering the real reason why he was sent out to go buy this cake all by himself, all because of this small, or rather, usual argument that he had had with his little sister. It might have sounded childish and all, but honestly, whoever it was that was that would deal with his sister would surely go crazy.

"What? Getting angry?" Devlin said as he noticed her fist closing tighter, as if she was holding something back, maybe there was something more about this girl, not just this naive bubbly girl that she was showing at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back