Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Len♥)
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
Chante sat contently during one of their meals on their first week back at Hogwarts. She wore her new prefect badge on her school robe, the one her mom helped pin by the collar so that most can see it. If they're able to see it, as tall as she was, Chante didn't think the first years had a chance. The taller, part giant of a witch beamed so proudly looking down at the fifth year Hufflepuff. Breaking the mold, shattering glass ceiling what she described this moment to Chante. The Hufflepuff was pretty certain she knew what her mom meant, but she wasn't the first tall, genetic mixed blood to get prefect badge. Madlyn had tapped her nose, she knew that but it wouldn't stop her from celebrating her daughter's grand achievements. Sitting there with the badge on display for all to see, Chante forgot the most important thing to ask her mom before anything else. What exactly did being a prefect entails? A letter was sent out with the badge during the winter break, a letter that was misplaced by the owl who delivered the badge. Guess this will be the year of trials and errors, that's nothing new to Chante. She only hopes it won't be too much to handle and that she wasn't away from the kitchen too long at a time.

Last edited:
Emilia had arrived at Hogwarts as a new person. At least, that had been her intention. But so far, she hadn't really been able to test it out yet. Her hair looked nicer and she walked with more confidence, but she hadn't really done anything new yet. She wanted to be confident, to be seen as confident. For that, she had to step out of her comfort zone a little. So when she sat down at the Hufflepuff table, Emilia had decided she would have to talk to a new person today. She looked to her left, then her right, and spotted a girl who looked a little older than her. She was very tall, and Emilia immediately felt a bit intimidated by her. That was a good reason to talk to her, to really take a step. So Emilia turned to the stranger and gave her the smile she had practiced. "Hi! Excited for the new year?" She asked the girl. Then she noticed her prefect's badge. "Oh, congratulations on your badge?" Her words trailed off into a question when she realized she wasn't completely sure if this girl was a new prefect or not. She thought so, but doubt settled in quickly. She blushed, embarrassed by her strange tone. Would the girl comment on it? Why had she decided to talk to a stranger again?

Chante felt her cheeks flood in a blush, she hadn't expected such a greeting from some random girl. If that made any sense, Chante nodded excitedly to answer the girl's question. "Yes, I'm so excited, I can't wait to see what this year brings us," beamed Chante, trying to be honest with the blonde. "Thank you! I'm sorry, I don't know your name, I'm Chante and you are," the prefect would ask the friendly blonde, who's optimistic personality certainly was contagious on Chante. As prefect she wanted to do her best at whatever prefects were best at. That could mean anything, but she hoping she was off to a good start.

OOCOut of Character:
Oh my....

Emilia was starting to regret talking to a stranger when she saw the surprise on her face. She had done too much, been too chirpy. Or maybe people usually introduced themselves first when they talked to strangers. Maybe her tone had been off, or maybe she had said something weird? Emilia was doubting herself, but was still relieved when the girl responded to her nicely. "Oh, me neither." She said with a smile. "I'm sorry to talk to you so randomly, you just looked friendly." She added, then mentally kicked herself for apologizing. She had wanted to try to do that less, but it still slipped out. "I'm Emilia Manning, it's nice to meet you."

Chante waved her hand, as random the blonde's approach was, she didn't want the girl feeling bad for doing so. "No, it's okay. I tend to think I am friendly, sometimes," Chante smiles a bit, hesitant with her words. "It's nice to meet you, the same. I mean, it's nice to meet you Emilia," Chante tries to say. Chante laughs at her fail attempts to be formal, "I'm sorry, are you wearing stuff on your face?" Chante notice, she notices in a good way. The colors on her were nice and seem to blend well with the girl's skin.

Emilia wasn't sure what to make of the girl's words. She was friendly only sometimes? But she decided not to ask about it, it would be better to keep the conversation going and make a friend out of her. The girl seemed a bit unsure of herself, which Emilia could understand. "So are you in the fifth year?" She asked the girl, though she suspected that was true even if she was very tall. But then the girl's question made her stop and reach up to feel her face. Did she have food on her face? She blushed when she realized the girl had just meant her makeup. Did it look that bad? "Stuff?" She asked, her voice a lot more quiet now. "I... I am wearing makeup..." Old Emilia had come back to the surface, her voice meek and uncertain now. Did the girl mean to say it looked bad? She had been so sure of herself only a moment ago.

Sometimes she wished she wasn't so honest about her flaws, it's like she blurts them out or yells about it without a second thought. Chante really needs to refocus on the positive aspects about herself. It just seems rather hard when she sort of gets distracted so easily sometimes. The badge should be a solid reminder of her abilities to be able to do well. "I am, supposedly, only fifth years get the badge, fifth years and up," Chante informed her. That much she could share, the rest she will have to find out at the meeting. The one Chante will be reminded of later on. "That's what is it? It looks nice," Chante nodded. She comes across professors and other witches who wore makeup. They were always older, or she hadn't spoken to someone as young as Emilia to wear makeup. "How do you make the colors?"

Even though the older girl seemed nice, Emilia was regretting her choice to talk to a random stranger a little bit. The girl had clearly been startled by her sudden comment, and now the conversation felt a bit awkward. "Oh, I know that." She said as her cheeks heated up. "I just thought maybe you were older, I didn't know." She added, resisting the urge to apologize. The word 'sorry' came easily to Emilia, but she was trying not to say it so much anymore. Her cousin Evelyn hardly ever apologized, only when she actually did something wrong. She nodded, a bit surprised by the girl's surprise about her makeup. Her question confused her a little. "I... don't make the colors. I just bought it and applied it." She said after a moment. "Well, my mom got it for Christmas... I practiced with applying though." She was itching to run to the nearest bathroom to see if it still looked okay, but it seemed like the girl had been complimenting her all along. Emilia had just misunderstood.

Chante stared at the girl with her head tilt, somewhere she got lost in their random exchange. "Ah, you thought I was older?" Chante questions the blonde. Or, she thought she was in her fifth year, which means she guessed right. It was all confusing, but Chante didn't mind much if the girl thought she was older. It's just another aspect of being tall, she'll have to get used to that too. But right now, none of that interest her. Chante intrigue by the makeup and colors the girl wore on her face. "Do you have more? I'd like to try," Chante super keen on trying makeup. The colors reminded her of flower petals, very pastel and pretty. "What's that on your lip, what's it called? It reminds me of rose petals but shiny."

Emilia shrugged at the girl's question. It felt to her like they weren't really understanding each other, and it was frustrating as her first attempt at being her confident self. "I said I didn't know. I was just making sure." She said, a small frown creasing her brow now. She was a bit confused by the girl's questions, and still not sure she wasn't making fun of her. Did someone really not know what makeup was? It was... strange. "It's lipstick." She said after a moment. "I do have more. Why would I have enough to just wear it once?" She added, though she wasn't sure if she wanted to let this girl try out her things. Her surprise and curiosity were strange to Emilia, who had grown up with a mother who had worn makeup every day. How could a girl older than her not know anything about it?

Chante reassured the girl she wasn't the first and won't be last to guess it wrong. She not even offended or anything, again it'll be something she would simply have to get used to. Though she wonders why their brains work that way, having presumptions without asking first. Maybe it's part of their brain that makes them practical, which Chante don't mind being practical. She learned to be practical first around her family and to ask questions later on. "Lipstick," Chante repeats after the girl. "I don't know, it's all new to me. We don't have that sort of stuff around the house unless it's crayons or markers for scrapbooking," Chante shugs, the girl seemed aggravated by the minute. Chante just wanted to try the lipstick. "If you ever have one you don't want, I'll give you three galleons for one. Just to try," Chante offered an exchange for a lipstick.

Uncertain, Emilia had no idea what to make of this conversation and it was making her feel less secure. But when the girl went on like she had no idea what lipstick was, Emilia had to admit that maybe she wasn't making fun of her. Hesitantly, Emilia nodded. "It's a bit different than crayons and markers, better for your skin." She said after a moment. "Sorry, I... I wasn't sure if you were serious." She blushed, looking down and automatically hiding her face behind her hair again. She swallowed, then forced herself to look up again. She rummaged through her bag and handed the girl a lipstick she had been carrying with her. She had a few, and she felt bad for how she had suspected the girl of making fun of her or joking around. "No need to pay me..." She said softly. "You can have this one, if you want."

Chante smiles, nodding, "I am serious, the lipstick looks nice on you," she bet it was different from markers and crayons. She bet it was different from the food coloring she uses to make her baked goods. Chante took the tube of lipstick and lifted up the cap from it. If it looked anything that she has seen before, it looked like a crayon if she tells the girl. Only it looked a little softer compared to crayons, maybe it resembles a bit like a dough. "It's pretty, no, I wouldn't want to take it from you without giving you anything in return," Chante placed the lipstick in front of the girl. "And it probably wouldn't look right on me," Chante shrugs, her interest deflating now. She kinda felt bad for making the girl feel uncomfortable in any way. Once in a while, it was just nice to try some new things when it comes around her orbit.

With every word the older girl said, Emilia felt worse and worse. She hoped the girl would just accept her gift, as it would maybe make up for her assuming the worst about the older girl. She bit her lip when the girl said she couldn't take it. "No, please do... I don't mind it at all." She told the girl earnestly. "I think it would look lovely on you, honest." This first attempt at a confident conversation had gone horribly, and Emilia felt sad about it.

Chante needed to stop, she was making everything worse by the second. That wasn't her intention, she didn't have any to begin with. Chante tries for a sincere smile then turns a little over so she was facing the girl. "Okay, how about this, you try it on me? Ah, I wouldn't know how to use it anyways," Chante mentions sincerely, hoping that would work. Was this part of prefect duties? She hopes not, she was failing miserably at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back