Chit Chat

Asher chuckled. "Can you blame them? From what I can tell, those Durmstrang girls are ice queens." she mused.

Nina chuckled at Asher's wording then smiled and said, "Exactly."

"I've heard Beauxbaton's girls are worse...I think I had family that went to Beauxbaton's. I think it was my grandmother, or great-grandmother." Asher mused.

"Really? Well someone I know, moved to Beauxbaton's, Antoinette Green...something or rather," Nina said unsure of her last name, Ravenclaws, generally stuck to their own, they are sort of like Slytherins except Ravenclaws based it one inteeligence rather than blood.

"Of course, I can't be sure until I ask Abbey. Sometimes I swear she's the older sister!" Asher chuckled.

Nina chuckled and said, "Oh I don't know, she still has a long way to go before she grows up," Nina hoped she wasn't going over the line but she thought this was true.

"We all do," Nina added with a smile, their conversation was dying out and she knew it, she didn't exactly like it, because she knew it was her fault because she was being rather distant.

"Speaking of growing up, what do you think you want to do after Hogwarts?" Asher was trying to get Nina into the conversation a little more.

"I'm not exactly sure, maybr a Herbology Professor." Nina said, "Or maybe an Auror. What about you?" Nina kind of already guessed but didn't want to say omcase it would offend Asher that she thought she would become a Death Eater.

"Well, I think I'll want to work at the ministry. But I also...." Asher stopped herself. She didn't know if it would scare Nina if she talked about how she thought of becoming a Death Eater. She hadn't thought about as much lately, she attributed it to her change in fortune and mood.

Nina laughed awkwardly and whispered, "Death eater?" then she said, still awkwardly she didn't know what Asher would say or what she shoud say, "Well either will be fine for you."

Asher looked down and nodded. She was torn now between sides. She wanted so much to continue the legacy her parents had left for her, but now she had something to protect, a reason to be safe. She had family, friends, and love. "Thanks Nina...I just wish I could figure out which would be best..." she whispered.

"I'm just curious, Abbey feels the same way, yes?" Nina was trying to make civil conversation about Asher and her sister wanting to become Death Eaters, the one thing she was afraid of, she was a muggleborn and then something hit her, why would Asher be her friend at all if she wanted to do something like that.

"We've talked about it...yes. But she may feel like I do now that she has people she's close to." Asher suggested.

Nina's eyes darted around nervously, she new that Asher's parents had been death eaters but she never really saw that sort of hatred in Asher for muggleborns and muggles, after all she was friends with both Alex and Nina. "Oh how....nice." Nina said trying to be as comfortable as possible.

"I'm sorry Nina. I didn't mean to offend you!" Asher apologized. She didn't hold the same feelings for muggles and muggleborns that her parents had...not exactly. She obviously had her prejudices, but she couldn't honestly say she hated anyone.

"You didn't." Nina said honestly she was more uncomfortable then offended.

Asher felt bad for bringing it up. She hadn't expected the conversation to turn this direction.

"Anyways..." Nina said trying to change the subject, Asher looked as if she was going to burst into tears and Nina was begining to get scared.

Asher didn't know what to say. For some reason everything she said ended up turning in an unexpected direction.

Nina fell silent reflecting on her new attitude towards Asher. What should I do it isn't her fault she is like this, if I was raised that way I proabbly would be the same....But you weren't raised the same way, she could kill your family in the future, she could torture Alex, Sakura, Isabella, and anyone else you know! Nina thought to herself but made sure Asher could NOT read her thoughts as easily as any other time, she knew Asher would feel ashamed and hurt if she could tell what Nina was thinking.

Asher couldn't drop the subject. "I don't want to hurt anyone...ever. But I feel like I'd be letting my parents down."

Nina replied softly and slowly, "That is what Death Eaters do, they hurt families and friends, I know Aurors did the same to your family but think about it, they were trying to protect someone else's life, I mean it could have been, Noah that was in trouble. I'm not saying you or anyone in your family is bad it's just there are no wrongs and rights when you get into that situation."

It hit Asher when Nina brought in Noah. She was right...she had lost her parents, but who had been lost because of them. At the same time Asher's heart was breaking and healing. "You're right. I don't think I could do that to someone..." she said softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back