Avie Mitchell

peter pan

OOC First Name
Emzies
Sexual Orientation
Rocks
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14 Essence of Unicorn Hair
Avie loved winning quidditch games, he loved adding the little caught snitch to his collection, of which he now had five, and the boy often let it fly around in the dorm when he was bored usually during the holidays, but while slytherin was quietly celebrating the sports victory as it always did, the slytherin prefect who'd be celebrating his seventeenth birthday at the end of february had split off from the others and ventured with the little golden snitches by himself to the courtyard, he held them all in hands, with Rockie on his shoulder. He knew these little golden snitches wouldn't fly away and the boy just threw up the snitches into the air and they began to fly. He exclaimed excitedly letting himself run away from them, round and round the courtyard as they appeared to follow him. He twirled on the spot as he ran, looking at them briefly as he ran around. The boy let himself stop watching the little gold objects fly around him, glinting in the falling sunlight of the day, and he reached out to try grab one of them, turning the chase from them chasing him to him chasing them once more, though they weren't requiring him to grab a broom and fly after them, instead a little easy game of chase with them. The Slytherin prefect and almost of age wizard loved playing, and with Lucien with his girlfriend, Bothie with his girlfriend or what Avie assumed was his girlfriend, and Esme with her boyfriend, he was rediscovering playing by himself rather than dragging them out to play with him. They were moving forward with their partners and good grades, and Avie was still holding out for the Peter Pan effect so that he could play forever.

Following the Slytherin's victory in their last Quidditch Match, everyone was in high spirits. The game had been a walk in the park, with Esmè and Lucien scoring points and Gryffindor failing miserably, coming to an end with Avie's capture of the snitch. The witch had no fears when it came to which of the two teams would win - after all, they'd chosen James as their Seeker, and everyone knew what a pathetic failure of a wizard he was. She didn't have to be a seer to predict who would be victorious, nor did she need the gift of Sight to notice her friend slip out of the common room as they celebrated afterwards. After a minute or two, Esmè left herself, exiting the Dungeons to look for him. Finding the boy didn't take too long, as the tell-tale glittering of snitches gave him away as she was making her way through the Courtyard. Stopping by one of the pillars, she opened her mouth to say something - ask what he was doing, why he'd split off, but instead said nothing. He was enjoying himself, and she didn't want to interrupt him so soon. Seeing him so happy to simply run around and play with a few flying orbs was both fascinating and difficult for her to understand, as it was something she hadn't done herself since she was much, much younger. Yet despite the stress of exams and his mother's passing, Avie managed to still be a cheerful dork of a boy who didn't care what other people thought and had fun. Secretly, Esmè wished she could do the same, just shrug off the expectations and troubles and be free. Leaning against one of the courtyards stone pillars, she silently watched her friend run around, a small smile on her lips.

James could no longer tolerate the atmosphere in Gryffindor common room following the loss against Slytherin. He'd always known the match would be tough, especially with the reshuffling of the team after the outrage at Lowan's behaviour, but not everybody was working well together still. He knew they needed more practice, but unfortunately, he no longer had an opportunity for that, seeing as this was his last year at Hogwarts. They had lost one of the crucial matches of the year, and he had let his team down again. Dispirited, tired of the weary murmurs of the Gryffindors 'celebrating' the match in all its glorious failures, he stepped out of the portrait hole and headed outside for some fresh air. It was just as he was crossing the courtyard that he noticed Avie, Slytherin's seeker, playing amidst the tiny snitches he had accumulated. It had to be said that James was slightly envious of the collection against his measley one or two, but he knew that the boy was an excellent flyer, and well deserved them all. On an impulse, having watched him play amongst the twinkling orbs in the dusky light, he stepped forwards and revealed himself. With a slightly dry throat, he coughed once, then proceeded, knowing that he may as well say what he had intended now that he'd disturbed Avie anyway. "I, uh, just wanted to say congratulations on yet another stellar performance Avie. You're just too good for me." As he cracked a slight grin, he noticed then that Esme was standing in the shadows of the pillar. It looked like Avie hadn't noticed her yet, so he nodded in her direction, then turned on his heel to leave.

OOCOut of Character:
Emzies persuaded me D: Hope you don't mind Jesse ^_^

Avie was perfectly content playing with the little golden balls, he liked the way their wings fluttered, and he enjoyed being able to chase them around this courtyard or have them chase him around. It was an easy game, and one he was doing, chasing them around the courtyard simple as, laughing joyfully as he did so. There was so much pressure during quidditch to catch the snitch this was the complete opposite of that, he liked helping Slytherin win, it always gave him the warmest feeling, he could see the pride in his house, feel it, playing quidditch felt good because it made him feel needed, everyone saw passed his troubles and saw him as a good player. The boy abruptly stopped when a voice spoke, and he glanced towards them, the little snitches approaching Avie as he got closer to the person who spoke, and in doing so the Slytherin prefect realised who this was. The Gryffindor seeker he barely knew but had just beaten, Esme didn't like this boy and so nor did Avie, although the soon to be of age wizard wasn't entirely sure why he hated him he just did because Esme meant more to him. This didn't mean he didn't listen to his words, feeling naturally proud at the praise, "Thanks!" Avie replied when it appeared he was done and The soon to be seventeen year old remained oblivious to Esme in the corner and just returned to his game, all but giggling loudly as the five golden snitches began chasing him in small circles until Avie grew so dizzy he fell happily to the floor, fits of giggles easily coming from his lips as he lay waiting for the dizziness to pass, the snitches hovered directly above his head, seemingly waiting for Avie.

The smile that had graced the Slytherins lips was soon replaced with a look of contempt as James made an appearance, who for some reason decided to come to the courtyard instead of crying in the Gryffindor common room with the other miserable failures. His retorts on the Quidditch Pitch had been pitifully laughable at best. Once the boy had given his congratulations, Esmè smirked, amused by his attempt at a compliment. Everyone's too good for you. She thought to herself, slowly walking along the columns as the Gryffindor boy made to leave. She intercepted his path, stepping out onto the cobbled court. "Adams, shouldn't you be with the other lion cubs, licking your wounds from yet another defeat? Or were you here to try to get some pointers on how to actually do a decent job in your role. You should really do your team a favour and quit - perhaps then they'd stand a chance of winning. It's no fun when there's no challenge." There was a tone of humour in her voice, but her expression showed her absolute distaste for the wretched prefect. "It's a shame those burns healed up, I thought it was a fantastic expression of your character. Weak, pathetic repugnant." She walked past him with a toss of her hair, as if he were no longer worth any of her time, and headed for the giggling boy on the floor. "I wouldn't bother talking to that boy, Avie. He just wants to suck up all of your talent. He might try stealing one of your snitches, too."

James had almost made it out of the courtyard when Emzies stepped in front of him, and he sighed, stopping at a slightly-closer-than-most-people-would-like distance. He was still confused why Esme hated him so much: sure, he'd started a small duel, but that was called a joke for most people. Not for Esme. No, Esme just had to be that special person. The exception. The unwanted one. He wondered how many friends she had, and then decided that apart from Avie, he probably wouldn't like them either, although most likely they would be manageable. As she said his name, he bowed very slightly. "M'lady Es, at your service. Licking our wounds? No, I would say that we're having a party actually. We're always having a party actually. After all, we've got to make up for those sour dungeon dwellers. Oh I have every intention of quitting...at the end of my time here. Surprisingly enough, I'm still one of the best seekers in the school. If you'd like a challenge, you could always challenge me to a duel or something. At least then you'd know your anger will lead to inferiority when faced with the greatest indifference. After all, I have more important people to be intimidated by." At this, he stepped to one side as if about to walk on, but what she said next made him pause, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. "Then you're quite mistaken. Making a martyr out of me is hardly the result you'd desire." James started moving once again, but once out of sight round a corner, he had a sudden urge to turn back, and so he found himself listening for the conversation between Esme and Avie that would happen now.

Avie had no idea what the issue between Esme and Gryffindor seeker was, but he also didn't really care, the boy was happiest to just lie on the ground as he played with the little golden snitches that flew above his head. He little watching them flutter about the weird shine the reflected both from the sky and from the lights of the castle, the little collect of them as much pets as Rockie was. He just ignored the two fighting people, assuming it was just like when his aunt and her husband argued that it was just better for him to stay out of it, it probably didn't help that. He glanced at Esme as she walked over to him and just smiled at his friend, he would've sat up to give her a hug but she spoke before he could and the boy listened as he always did, gasping a little shocked that the other boy wanted to take his talent and one of the snitch, he grabbed all the snitches in his arms in one move as he pushed himself up a little behind Esme, "Quidditch is the only talent I have, he can't have it, and he can't have these snitches either," he told her his voice coming out as a childlike whine, as if in shock that the other boy would try to take one of his, "You can have one Esme," he held one out for her, "You distracted him, while I caught it," he held out one of the golden snitches to her as it fluttered a little in his hand, he didn't care about the other boy was doing.

Esme shook her head with a small smile as James, as usual, came up with the most pathetic of retorts. "That is so typical, tragic James. Thinking you're worth anything at all. One of the best seekers? Believing you'd be a challenge in a duel? Hah! You're so deluded, I almost feel sorry for you. You're nothing, and you will only ever amount to nothing." The seeress tapped the side of her head, indicating her eyes. "Trust me, I have more power than you could ever hope to achieve. I've seen things you could only dream of." She turned her back on him as he walked away, tossing a final comment over her shoulder as he departed. "Martyrs are people worthy of respect. It's not a title that would ever apply to you."

With the Gryffindor around the corner, the Slytherin breathed a relieved sigh. "Don't worry, Avie. I wouldn't let him take anything from you. Not that he could if he tried. He'd be an easy target for rock-throwing." She wanted to tell him that he did indeed have more talents than Quidditch, but other than collecting and throwing rocks, nothing really came to mind. It was sad to see that even he in his blissful, childlike frame of mind, believed that it was the only thing he was capable of. As he offered one of the golden orbs, she gently took it from him, turning the fluttering ball over in her hand. She'd never really held a snitch before - not since Flying classes when they were eleven. It was no surprise that he was such a decent Seeker, they were practically just pretty rocks. "Thank you, Avie, but I don't know if I can accept one of your snitches. It's not hard to distract that Gryffindor, and you were the one to catch this after all." As pretty as it was, she almost felt like she'd be stealing it. She viewed the snitches as trophies - ones she hadn't earned herself.

Avie felt relieved when she assured him that she would let him take anything from him, and Avie nodded happily, he could trust Esme to always tell him the truth and be nice to him, she'd always been nice to him, she'd always been good to him, he always hated when she or Lucien didn't win the biggest heart superlative, or when he heard people use bad words to refer to them. Avie nodded at her, the other seeker would make for good target practice, the boy was definitely going to throw rocks at him next time he saw him, and it wasn't like Avie wasn't carrying rocks all the time. He smiled at Esme as she took the snitch from him and he waited for her to accept it, to him he didn't mind sharing the snitches, he didn't have less, and if things went right he might have a few more by the end of the year, and that would make up for one lost one, for one he'd given to her. Which was why Avie pouted slightly at her words, shaking his head happily, "But I want you to have it!" he told her, "You always give me great gifts, I want to give you a great gift," he insisted with an excited nod. The slytherin really did want her to have it, they were friends after all, and she did so much for him that he knew she didn't like having to do, or wouldn't want people knowing she did, so he felt like the gift of a snitch wouldn't be a bad thing, "It's like a shiny rock!"

Avie was insistent, and Esmè knew there was little point in arguing with the boy, so she gave in and accepted the snitch he'd given to her. "It is like a shiny rock, isn't it? You've always been good at finding the best rocks." She said, though she thought all rocks typically looked the same. Dull greys and browns. The Slytherin boy saw more in them than she ever would. Rotating the fluttering orb in her hand, the witch took a seat upon a nearby stone bench, examining its glittering surface for a moment before looking back up at Avie. She'd been wanting to ask him a question since he left, and had forgotten about it once James had arrived. "So, why did you leave the Common Room? You won us the match, don't you want to celebrate with everyone else?" She asked him, clasping the snitch between both of her hands. If he'd wanted some time alone, she could respect that, but she wanted to make sure he was alright.

Avie nodded at her, smiling brightly and feeling pride when she said he was good at something, and he had to agree with her, he really like rocks, he found them amazing and he never struggled to find any of them, he always knew where to look, and the snitch he'd given to Esme was just a shiny rock, and Avie had always like chasing shiny objects it was just a plus that it was so rock like in shape to his mind. The teen just took one of the other snitches in his hand and just marvelled for a moment, loosing himself in the shining object in his hand, just letting his mind focus solely on it and then just looked at Esme, at her question and just smiling at her, he liked hanging out in the common room, but the slytherin idea of celebration was everyone sitting politely and he liked running around and being active, he liked playing with the snitches rather than engaging in conversation. Though Avie was oblivious to much of what happened around him, he knew he wasn't much of a fit within the usual slytherin image, "I got bored, all everyone wanted to do was chat," he seemed repulsed by the word chat, "No one in Slytherin ever wants to play with me anymore," the teen pouted slightly, "I just wanted to play," Avie shrugged slightly at his friend, not at all expecting her to play with him now, after all he imagined that she had an image to maintain that didn't include playing with him, and he wouldn't ever hold it against her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back