Closed Chasing Fire

He wished he was strong enough to leave, maybe he was and he just didn’t want to, either way, he knew he should be helping her back to the hotel and leaving her there alone, but, he just couldn’t do it. She kissed his jaw and he reflexively tightened his hold around her. He was sure they looked like an odd pair, crouched in the alley, clinging to each other, god if only Falon were here to see this. He was sure she’d laugh, or maybe cry, or join them, hard to tell. “Lyra, you know I miss you every day.” He couldn’t lie to her, even if he wanted to. It wasn’t right. She deserved the world, and he could only give her his heart. She would have it always. “I do love you, Lyra.” He said, kissing her hair softly. She was in a state, and he shouldn’t be here. “Do you need help to get back to your hotel? I think we’ve sat here long enough, don’t you?”

Lyra knew she should tell him no. That she didn't need help. That she would be fine. Both of those things were lies, and she was tired of lying to Felix. She was tired of pushing him away. Her carefully constructed lie was ripped to shreds already, and there was no denying him as soon as he told her he loved her. She looked at him with wide green eyes that so closely resembled her brother's. She knew Falon would kill her when she found out what Lyra did tonight. She moved her head so that her lips touched his softly. "Only if you stay with me." she whispered. She knew what she was asking was too much. One--or both-- of them would regret it in the morning, but Lyra Potter didn't care. She would happily take the pits of hell for weeks just to have one more night of heaven with him.

She was asking more than her words implied, and they both knew it. The question now was whether he could say no. He should, but even before he’d come to find her, he knew if she’d ask that he would say yes. The feeling of her lips was like heaven, every shape of her etched into his memory, and he clung to it. This would be just one more memory. He sighed. “Alright, Lyra. How could I say no?” She was his for this one moment, and if that’s all he could get, then so be it.

Lyra let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. "You can't. I'm saying please." she said, lightly teasing him. She wrapped her arms around him, pressing him to her. "Don't let go." Lyra whispered close to his ear. The blonde didn't think about the pain she was causing herself in the morning. She was going to live in this moment. She still didn't think she should be apparating, so she let him. Felix knew where she was staying.

Felix let out a deep sigh, before allowing her to see the small smile. “Of course.” Please was very important after all. He would never let go. He carefully pulled away from her and stood up, and he pulled her up with him. He carefully scooped her up into his arms. She still weighed about the same, though she was more muscular than she had been before, her professional athleticism shining through. Even through her clothing he could feel her. “Okay hold on, this is going to be interesting.” He wasn’t drunk, luckily, he wasn’t great at apparating, given he dropped out, but he’d had some practice. Apparition was difficult at the best of times, but now he had duty of care for someone else, he had to be more careful. Nodding resolutely, Felix held her tighter and quickly turned on his heel. He landed sharply, grunting in effort. “Merlin, that’s still a weird feeling.” He looked up at the hotel. “Alright, Miss Potter, let's go.” He walked into the doors and nodded at the reception. “Which room?”

Truthfully, walking without stumbling was probably out of the question now. Instead, Lyra let him lift her up into his arms. It wasn't the first time he had carried her in such a way, but it had been several years. She had always been slight, but she had put on a good bit of muscle from her hours and hours of training. She nestled her head against his neck. "I trust you completely." she told him simply because it was true. He was her guiding light through all the darkness. It was a weird feeling to apparate side-by-side. Lyra was such a control freak that she hated the out of control feeling it gave her. She pointed to the stairs. "Room 204. I can walk if you put me down." she said touching him lightly on the face. She was probably getting rather heavy by now. "Be careful though, Falon is next to me." she told him, knowing Falon would have a reaction to seeing them together.

Felix shook his head and headed in the direction of the room. “You told me not to let you go.” He said, looking at her. He stopped when she said Falon was next to her. Of course she was. He breathed deeply through his nose. “I can handle Falon, it’s fine.” It was not fine. If she found out about this she was going to hit both of them. “It’s fine”. He said again, moving again towards the landing to get up to her room. He was a bit surprised that the day was going this way, but he didn’t care right now, he just needed to be with Lyra. He would take any punishment the world saw fit for him later. “Let’s go.”

Lyra looked skeptically at Felix. The first time Falon found out about the two of them was still etched in her brain, and Felix had been wrecked after that. She didn't want to drive a wedge between the twins again, but she also wasn't letting Felix out of her sight tonight. Thank god tomorrow's match was in the afternoon. They made in to her room with no issues. Lyra pulled out her wand and unlocked the door. It wasn't the most glamorous room, but it wasn't too shabby, and it was better than the tents. Once inside, Lyra waved her wand and shut the door tight behind them.

Felix was an adult, he could make his own decisions, regardless of what anyone else seemed to think. They both knew what they were about to do and it was their decision, consequences be damned. He sat her carefully on her feet now, not letting her go. He didn’t care to look at the room when she was right in front of him. There was nothing here to hold his interest from her right now. Hell, Kiera’s ghost could have popped up out of the floor, and he was sure he wouldn’t notice. He moved his hand to palm her cheek. “I love you, Lyra.”

Lyra smiled at Felix as he placed her gently on her feet. "I love you, too." she said, gently, as if her words could break the illusion in front of her face. Surely he wasn't here with her. The universe couldn't let her have him back. That was too good to be true, but this was the best dream she had ever had. She leaned into him, a sense of urgency filling her, wanting to keep him from slipping away. Lyra kissed him firmly, desperately, on the mouth. She wanted him more than she had ever wanted anything before. Lyra remembered his shape, his smell, his taste, but her memories were nothing compared to the real thing. She had been with so many people since she had broken up with Felix, but nothing compared to the butterflies he could give her in the pit of her stomach from a single touch. She loved him with every single cell in her being.

Last edited:
Being with Lyra was like looking at the sun for too long, blinding. If he wasn’t careful they’d burn each other.
“Careful, Lyra, you know it’s been a while, not sure I could say no to you now. Last chance, Love.” he said as he carried her over to the bed, placing her gently on it. She was magnetic, her voice, her eyes, her face, everything about her called to him, to his cells. He leaned down and placed a kiss in the centre of her throat. “See this is too easy.” Felix told her with a smirk.

Lyra laughed as Felix told her to be careful. As if she even knew what that word meant. Lyra was reckless and impulsive to a fault. "Careful is my middle name. You aren't leaving here tonight. I'll tie you to the bed myself if I need to." she purred back at him. God, it felt good to laugh like this again. Her soul was complete when she was with Felix. Everything was better when they were together. She reached up and pulled him down on to the bed with her.

Hearing her laugh was like music to his ears. He was convinced back in school she’d only dated him because he made her laugh. Of course he knew that wasn’t totally true, but he loved that he could still make her laugh like that. His pride and joy, his Lyra. Effortless. It wasn’t fair. They had such an easy comraderie, falling into old roles so easily, the slightest caress, a word, a look, it was all it took to get them here. And this wasn’t even the first time he’d thought about this. He watched her tightly, every movement she made. He never would have believed this was happening if he wasn’t watching it unfold before him. What would his mother say? Not that he was going to tell her about this, no way. She never would understand. “My Lyra.“ he whispered into her ear.

"Always your Lyra." she said back to him as she brought her lips up to him. A small, tiny part of her knew that this wouldn't change anything tomorrow. She would get up, go to her match, and pretend this didn't happen, but the louder, irrational part of her thought that maybe this was a new beginning for them. She was tired of fighting so hard against what she knew was her destiny. Felix had been created to love her, just like she had been created to love him. She knew she had a relationship of sorts with Ezra, and she had no idea what Felix's relationship status was, but she knew none of it mattered. Not really. Not when it came to Felix and Lyra. He was her kryptonite, and she was his.

Her touch, her words, the way she moved, it all worked to pick away at Felix's sanity, like she was built to send him insane. It was probably true, they did it to each other, but he wasn’t going to complain. If he had a religion, it was Lyra Potter. And that was it, the bubble burst and Felix let go, of everything. He just let his insecurity and felt his worry slip away. All that remained was his love for the woman beneath him. She loved him and he loved her and that was what mattered more than anything else in the world. He carefully moved to her, and it was like coming home again, like nothing else even mattered. It was right, and he knew in that moment that he could never be with anyone else the way he was with Lyra. She was the only one who could ever truly make home happy. “Merlin, I love you. I love you, I love everything about you.” This mattered, even though tomorrow was coming, it seemed so far away in this moment. This was real and pure and nothing could make him think differently. “You’re perfect.”

Lyra smiled at Felix, happier than she had been since Kiera's death. She knew it had been a mistake to break up with him. No one would ever love her the way he did. She trusted him completely. He made her feel safe and secure when she had been free falling for nearly three years. Felix was her home and the only man she would marry if she ever decided to get married. "Shut up, and kiss me." she said, wrapping her hands around his lower back.

Looking back on this night, Felix would realise he'd made a huge mistake, but he didn't care now. He leaned down to kiss her, running his hands through her hair. Either way, he continued, as if she was the only source of happiness in his life. And for the most part, she was. There was no woman in the world he could share himself with like he could with Lyra, and he almost hated her for that, though he could never hate her, he loved her far too much to ever allow such a thought to control him again. God, if only he could believe this would last. But he let this keep going, knowing that in this moment this was what she needed. Come morning, he would remember this moment, and know why he had let this happen, but for now, he was content just to hear the words, even if they were said in disclarity.

It was a universal truth that Felix Urie and Lyra Potter were meant to be, anyone that knew them would say the same. There was a connection between them that was undeniable, now and forever. But of all the things they were so very good at together they had never been good at denying each other. Felix had never been terribly good at denying anyone really, but especially Lyra. She was his the sun to his Earth, he would orbit her always and when they were done, he would stay, always waiting for her to call him back, because he knew he could never choose someone else. He'd made his choice all those years ago, in the trophy room. And though his relationship with Falon had recovered, it had never really been the same. He'd proven to her time and again that Felix would always choose Lyra. But, as per the universe, Lyra Potter couldn't choose him. They would go back to their lives, pretend this didn't happen until he caught her again, and again, because despite it all, Lyra was excellent at punishing herself.

Lyra curled up beside Felix with her head on his shoulder and her hand on his chest. She hadn't bothered to put clothes on after. Mostly because she was too exhausted for it. He had certainly learned a thing or two in the last three years. She would remember this night forever. It would haunt her dreams as she tried to escape. The alcohol had somewhat worn off, and Lyra was aware of how much pain she had inflicted on herself and Felix. Still, she couldn't bring herself to regret it. She loved him more than she could ever say. Felix Urie was her soulmate and nothing would ever change that. Her eyes closed and she savored the moment with him, knowing it would be over too soon.

He didn't want to think about it, but Felix couldn't help it. He'd thought about it a little bit before, but now that the adrenaline and desire had worn off, all he could think about was the sinking regret and hollow guilt. He looked over at Lyra, she looked so relaxed, and he was glad, because he wanted to make this a painless as possible for her. He already knew he was gone, better to allow her to keep something of herself in this exchange, even if she was about to snatch it all away again. He was glad her eyes were closed. He wasn't sure either of them would be able to handle her seeing the way he was looking at her right now and really, what else could he do? He knew when this started what it really meant. She could love him as much as she wanted, kiss him, tell him she wanted him, but it couldn't change the fundamental dynamic of the relationship they had. Lyra, indubitably, was a runner and Felix, unerringly a chaser, and that was just how it was always going to be.

In time, Felix was sure he would forgive himself, but, right now, he had to let go, because if he didn't, he wasn't sure he would forgive her. This was one time, a wonderful, amazing time, but she didn't choose him, she might never choose him. He couldn't let this happen. "Lyra." He whispered lightly, shaking her some, rolling over to press a soft kiss to the side of her head. He had no idea what time it was, but he certainly didn't want Falon to see him leave. "Lyra... my arm is dead."

Last edited:
Lyra slipped into a relaxed sleep, feeling more secure and peaceful than she had in a very long time. She didn't toss and turn or even wake up which was very rare for her. She was an incredibly light sleeper. Her dreams were filled with Felix. Old memories from happier times when they were in school. Their first meeting climbing trees. Their time on the North Tower. The time in the trophy room. The Halloween dances and Yule Ball. Everything started and ended with Felix Urie. He was the love of her life.

Lyra frowned as she felt someone shaking her, compelling her to wake up. She had never been much of a morning person, and she saw the early dawn light through the shade as she opened her eyes. She rolled over, comprehending what he wanted but grumbling at the same time. "Where are you going?" she protested seeing his intentions as she slid over.

Felix sighed. "Falon is next door, and I don't want Falon to get her claws in my head if she sees me leaving considering she probably heard us...mostly you..last night." He admitted. “I mean, I don’t want to leave, your bed uncomfortable, but do you want to risk me keeping you here and missing the game?” he questioned her, trying to keep the mood light. He knew he had to let her go.

"Surely not. Maybe the walls aren't that thin." Lyra said hopefully, though she knew he was right about Falon. "So you're going to let me deal with her alone then? I have to see her at the game this afternoon." the blonde said feeling slightly anxious about it. "Besides, I wanted you to stay with me." she said hesitantly in a soft voice. She would love nothing more than to spend the day in bed with Felix but he was right. She had a job to do, and she wouldn’t shirk those responsibilities. She just felt like the magic bubble they were living in now would vanish. Lyra sighed. “No. You’re right I can’t miss the game, but....Felix, will you meet me back here after the game? Please.” she said, hesitantly.

Felix felt like all his birthdays ad Christmases had come at once. He couldn't help the grin that crept up onto his face. "Absolutely, you know I will." But the moment he said the words, his face fell slightly, because he just knew, somehow, he knew that this wasn't how this was going to end. But he didn't tel her that, because he wanted so badly to be wrong.

The look on Felix’s face was one she hadn’t seen in some time. It was the look of pure happiness that Lyra equated with Felix alone. “Good.” she said, feeling satisfied. She kissed him once more in the mouth, then his jaw, then his neck. “I love you. I’ll see you tonight.” Lyra whispered. She meant the words as she said them. Lyra made not effort to move from her spot in bed. Instead, she admired the view as Felix looked for his clothes around the room.

"Where did my jeans goooo?" Felix whined lightly, slipping out of the bed, not caring he was completely naked, to look under the bed. "Swear I dropped them this side." he told her, looking at her in the bed. She was making no effort to get up and help him look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back