Changes happen

Stephanie Duboit

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Scar walked along the lawn wearing a pair of black mini shorts on top of some tights and a long sleeved baggy top. She could see the first signs of spring and all she could think was Thank God. She was finally getting into her better clothes without feeling a cold chill over her body. The sun was trying to break through the thick grey clouds and left rays of light across the lawn in front of her.
She pushed some of her hair back when it started to fall in front of her face and then she saw Liv. Scar hadn't seen Liv in a while so she didn't know how the two of them would get on. She smiled at Liv and waited for her reaction.

Lily had been lacking in any social contact. Lily didn't mind this at all. She loved the fact she didn't have to bother with endless commitments to friends. Lily was a free person. She made her way to the little spot on the grounds which she had grown to really love. Though it was generally very cold, slowly getting warmer, Lily did care. The weather was nothing to her. It was there. That was it. She wanted to be as far away from the god forsaken castle as possible. Lily was just lying on a blanket taking in the few rays that were showing. Though her tanned skin hardly needed it. She had meant to be going to some lesson, Lily didn't care about them. Lily had her hair held back by a make shift bit of spare ribbon that had been in her bag. Lily turned on her stomach and kicked her feet up into the air. Lily was dressed in quite a simple yet stylish outfit. It fitted her small and thin frame perfectly. Lily's hazel brown eyes picked up someone walking towards her. She looked up and saw Scar or Stephanie standing not to far from her. Lily surprised herself, by before even taking in the girls outfit smiling back at her.

"Scarlet." Lily said giving the girl a quick glance, to make sure that she was worth to be spoken to nicely. "How's Ravenclaw going?" said in a friendly joke before sitting up and moving along, to give the girl space to sit.

Scar grinned when Liv moved over. It showed she had sense. She sat next to her on the blanket. "It's so rubbish. I don't see how I'm meant to be some sort of boffin book worm. It's horrible." She shook her head and looked at Liv, taking in what she was wearing. It looked pretty good compared to most of the freaks at this school. "I can't wait to get out of here. It sucks royally." She shrugged. "So, how's Slytherin going??" Slytherin was the one house Scar wanted to be in more than anything and yet she had been lumped with Ravenclaw-home of the geeks and freaks.

Lily smiled at the girl as she sat down. Lily hadn't really liked the girl before, but she was willing to give her a chance, mainly as maybe a few friends wasn't terrible and the girl had a fashion sense. Lily knew hers was better, but she hadn't tried that hard that morning and still Lily knew she looked better. Lily picked up her bag and pulled out a small make up bag, full of nail varnish, Lily began to go through it. She finally picked out one that suited her outfit.

"It's the best. Some brat first years, who think they are better than the rest, but nothing a little Stupefy won't fix." Lily said calmly with out glancing up at Scar. "Better than the rest. I can't imagine having to pretend to be interested in books. Urgh. Sounds so horrible." Lily said finally glancing up at the girl. "I read, but not obsessively. You know?"

"I seriously want to get out of Ravenclaw. If I was in Slytherin, this school would actually be slightly bearable." Scar shook her head. "I don't pretend though. I just don't read them. Stuff all those wierd freaky boffs. No way am I going to turn out like them." Scar knew how much her 'other self' loved to read but she hated it. She couldn't understand what was so interesting with sitting around reading words for hours on end. What fun was there in that?? Shopping was loads better and it didn't require much knowledge except in fashion. "I still don't understand why I'v been put in Ravenclaw. Slytherin suits me so much more and that stupid little hat should have realised that."

Lily had to agree that Slytherin made the school bareble. Slightly bareable. Lily wasn't going to say in any way shape or form that she liked the school. Lily couldn't understand why Scar was in Ravenclaw either. It seemed stupid, Lily had been outright placed into Slytherin, without a doubt. Lily looked down at her nail varnish case and pulled out a green one. It was the Slytherin green type colour. Lily handed it to Scar. Lily didn't often give out nail polish and while she guessed that Scar would have her own, it was the smallest sign of friendship from Lily. Lily worked in that way. Tiny signs, and long process of trying to figure out whether or not to trust the person.

"I so wish I could help you Scarlet." Lily said almost convincingly sympathetic. "We should go shopping. I always finds it helps."

Scar grinned at Liv and took the nail polish. "I am in such major need for a shopping trip. My clothes are all turning into last week things." She rolled her eyes and started painting the green nail polish onto her nails. She liked the colour and it went with her outfit pretty well. "Perhaps we could go on the next Brightstone weekend?? The shops there aren't amazing but it's better than wearing the same old rags all year round. I don't see how people can do that." She shivered at the thought of it and then put it out of her mind. There was no way she would ever be caught dead in clothes that she had worn a year before. It was just unthinkable. "You up for that??" She stopped painting her nails for a second and looked at Liv.

Lily nodded in agreement. She too was in dire need of a change of clothes. She had a lot of new clothes lately, but they weren't exactly summery like Lily wanted. Her dad had been being her long skirts and flat shoes and all of them of such last year fashion. She hadn't asked him to buy anything and yet he had, and done a poor job of it too. Lily smiled at Scar. She was so very right. That was so the way to go. New fashion.

"I am so up for that." Lily said nodding. "My dad attempted to buy me clothes. But he failed so bad. The clothes looked like they belonged on some dirty gryffindor who knew nothing about anything. I almost vomitted on them. I so need this shopping trip. What colour would you say Scar, suits you best?" Lily asked out of curiousity.

Scar nodded in agreement. "You are so right there. My dad's done the same thing a few times. Now he gets me to tell him what I want and then he buys it for me. Otherwise I end up with clothes that would have been worn in the sixties. It revolting." She shook the thought of the disgusting clothes out of her head and turned to Liv. "Umm...I'm not sure." She thought for a second. "I think probably a dark purple. Not sure though. I never stick to one colour."

Lily nodded, she agreed. That colour Lily thought Would suit Scar. But Lily thought that a dark green would be better, like the nail varnish the girl was applying. Lily lifted up her hand and looked at her nails. Perfect. She began to paint her other nails. She hand a very careful hand. She was able to do it with as much perfection as her better hand. Lily smiled at Scar.

"Greens and Blues suit me best. I chose to wear more green." Lily said. "I do mix, but those are my main colours."

"Those are definitely two of my favourite colours." She smiled as she continued painting her nails on her left hand. "I usually just wear any colours which go together well. As long as they look good of course. I'd never wear colours which looked terrible." She shook her head when she thought of some of the disgusting colours Leslie wore. "I think dark purple and black are probably my main colours." She shrugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back